Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

By someone's judgement, the governments of the world should just have promised Big Pharma lots of money, and left them to develop what is best. No need for all the parallel development of vaccines with competing technologies, no need to worry, because Big Pharma is always altruistic and truthful...

Quick! Hide the whistle-blowers that exposed how trial data was fudged by Pharma companies... They do not exist, promise!

Слава Україні!

On 7/15/2022 at 7:37 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Another person who believes that there is some kind of magic wand you can wave to create a vaccine that can do whatever you want it to, totally negating the efforts of the scientists who did the best they could in the shortest time possible to create a vaccine that could help manage a global pandemic…. Wow. And now you tell me that because they can do something for one virus they can do the same for all viruses… double wow. You even put that in bold because you think it means something.

You clearly have zero knowledge of pharmacology, biology or chemistry. But you are a member here, so that must be worth something, right? Or maybe,,,  you do understand that having membership here needs no qualifications, right? Therefore, waving it around as if it gives your posts some kind of added value is completely meaningless. 

Surely, you are misinterpreting my post.

How would you know what knowledge of pharmacology, biology or chemistry I have?

I simply pointed to something obvious...

Regarding some kind of magic... find my response here:

Your only aim here is trying to ridicule people and silence them.

(While you claim you are a know-it-all and think you know everything there is to know about anything....😂)

Edited by singalion

On 7/15/2022 at 9:59 PM, sgmaven said:

Says he, who probably has no PhD in a Science, and no experience in corporate R&D...🙄

Probably doesn't even have a degree and just a diploma ... 😂 if at all...

On 7/15/2022 at 10:44 PM, singalion said:

He says I cannot comment because I do not have direct experience in Virology and Vaccine-Development... Does he? He already admitted to not having a PhD, or working in an R&D lab...

Слава Україні!

Guest Wtf
On 7/15/2022 at 10:44 PM, singalion said:

On 7/15/2022 at 10:47 PM, sgmaven said:

He says I cannot comment because I do not have direct experience in Virology and Vaccine-Development... Does he? He already admitted to not having a PhD, or working in an R&D lab...

You can both carry on making ignorant comments all you want. I’m just surprised you don’t understand that you might be called out for them when you make them on a public forum where anyone can comment. 

But that’s enough of my time wasted on you two for now, enjoy each other.

Guest Wtf
On 7/15/2022 at 10:36 PM, sgmaven said:

By someone's judgement, the governments of the world should just have promised Big Pharma lots of money, and left them to develop what is best. No need for all the parallel development of vaccines with competing technologies, no need to worry, because Big Pharma is always altruistic and truthful...

Quick! Hide the whistle-blowers that exposed how trial data was fudged by Pharma companies... They do not exist, promise!

Errr. You were the one complaining the other day about people putting words in your mouth. And here you are doing just that. 

👏 

Some people can be so dismissive of others, and yet are without any educational qualifications in the field nor professional experience. Dunning-Kruger Effect, perhaps?

Слава Україні!

Guest Wtf
On 7/16/2022 at 3:23 PM, sgmaven said:

Some people can be so dismissive of others, and yet are without any educational qualifications in the field nor professional experience. Dunning-Kruger Effect, perhaps?

hahaha - you don’t any ‘educational qualifications in the field’ nor ‘professional experience’ either 😂 

The ‘qualifications’ you mentioned having were a non-specific ‘science’ phd (not one in, say, pharmacology because you would have surely mentioned that specifically) and having worked in corporate r&d labs - where you could have been working on ice cream flavours for all that means.

Dunning-Kruger Effect is on full display here. 

Someone is clutching at straws, trying to insinuate that my qualifications are not related to the Pharma industry, and my corporate R&D experience was in ice-cream flavours... Sometimes, I wish my professional experiences were related to ice-cream flavours! Go ahead and insinuate all you like, at least I know for certain that my "Science" PhD is indeed related with the Pharma industry, which is why some of my personal friends ended up leading research groups in Big Pharma... Better than someone who has nothing to go on, other than his delusions...

Слава Україні!

Guest Wtf
On 7/16/2022 at 4:22 PM, sgmaven said:

Someone is clutching at straws, trying to insinuate that my qualifications are not related to the Pharma industry, and my corporate R&D experience was in ice-cream flavours... Sometimes, I wish my professional experiences were related to ice-cream flavours! Go ahead and insinuate all you like, at least I know for certain that my "Science" PhD is indeed related with the Pharma industry, which is why some of my personal friends ended up leading research groups in Big Pharma... Better than someone who has nothing to go on, other than his delusions...

so many words to say nothing new or anything specific.

anyway, keep spreading your baseless conspiracy theories online - with zero evidence - if it helps you fill the time.

time for me to move on to some more intelligent discussions with people irl. 

On 7/16/2022 at 4:36 PM, Guest Wtf said:

anyway, keep spreading your baseless conspiracy theories online - with zero evidence - if it helps you fill the time.

Ever so dismissive without an ounce of credibility!🙄

Слава Україні!

On 7/16/2022 at 7:33 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Errr. You were the one complaining the other day about people putting words in your mouth. And here you are doing just that. 

👏

On 7/16/2022 at 4:16 PM, Guest Wtf said:

hahaha - you don’t any ‘educational qualifications in the field’ nor ‘professional experience’ either 😂 

The ‘qualifications’ you mentioned having were a non-specific ‘science’ phd (not one in, say, pharmacology because you would have surely mentioned that specifically) and having worked in corporate r&d labs - where you could have been working on ice cream flavours for all that means.

Dunning-Kruger Effect is on full display here. 

On 7/16/2022 at 4:36 PM, Guest Wtf said:

On 7/16/2022 at 7:31 AM, Guest Wtf said:

You can both carry on making ignorant comments all you want. I’m just surprised you don’t understand that you might be called out for them when you make them on a public forum where anyone can comment. 

But that’s enough of my time wasted on you two for now, enjoy each other.

Quote Guest Wtf:

"You can both carry on making ignorant comments all you want. I’m just surprised you don’t understand that you might be called out for them when you make them on a public forum where anyone can comment. 

But that’s enough of my time wasted on you two for now, enjoy each other."

Quote end from Guest Wtf. 

Guest Wtf
On 7/16/2022 at 5:01 PM, sgmaven said:

Ever so dismissive without an ounce of credibility!🙄

😂 so says the guy whose ‘experience’ with covid vaccine development apparently comes from ice cream flavours research. 

Guest Wtf
On 7/16/2022 at 6:12 PM, singalion said:

Quote Guest Wtf:

"You can both carry on making ignorant comments all you want. I’m just surprised you don’t understand that you might be called out for them when you make them on a public forum where anyone can comment. 

But that’s enough of my time wasted on you two for now, enjoy each other."

Quote end from Guest Wtf. 

Oh dear… all that cutting and pasting for what?  

On 7/16/2022 at 7:13 PM, Guest Wtf said:

😂 so says the guy whose ‘experience’ with covid vaccine development apparently comes from ice cream flavours research. 

I wonder who is claiming patently false things, like my experience in ice-cream flavour research. It shows how well-removed from the corporate R&D scene you are, since corporate research into flavours and fragrances in Singapore happens to be only a recent thing. Go check up companies like Givaudan, and you will know that their "creative centre" in Singapore was only established in 2015, while Symrise established their Flavour Innovation and Technology Centre in 2017.

Слава Україні!

Actually I read somewhere that the numbering of the new variants seem to be flawed from WHO.

The variant that spread in Portugal BA.4 had nothing to do with Omicron and they are new variants that emerged independent from the South African subcontinental Omicron that started somewhere last year...

Seems that WHO does not intend to give new names to the newly emerging variants...

2 imported cases of new Omicron subvariant BA.2.75 reported in Singapore

Published July 17, 2022

SINGAPORE — Two imported Covid-19 cases with the Omicron subvariant BA.2.75 have been found in Singapore as of Thursday (July 14), said the Ministry of Health (MOH). 

In response to CNA's queries, MOH said that both individuals had recently travelled to India and had immediately self-isolated after testing positive for Covid-19.

They have since fully recovered, added the ministry.

The BA.2.75 subvariant, which is nicknamed Centaurus, was first detected in India in early May.

Since then, there have been cases reported in nearly 10 other countries, including the United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Germany and Canada.

"There is currently no evidence to indicate that BA.2.75 has substantially different virulence or severity compared to its Omicron predecessors," said MOH on Saturday.

This is a good reminder:

Be carefull if you travel to countries which still check on any potential covid infection on entry...

SG couple who spent almost $3,000 on Korea vacation test positive for Covid, end up in quarantine for 7 of their 8-day holiday

Anna Maria Romero - 25 July 2022

Others, however, are not out of the pandemic woods yet, including one couple from Singapore who were forced to spend 7/8ths of their holiday to South Korea in quarantine in an accredited facility.

What adds insult to injury is that the couple, a Mr Li and Ms Huang, spent almost $3,000 for flights, hotels, and travel other necessities for their long-planned and quite overdue holiday to Korea.

They told Shin Min Daily News they had intended to spend four days in Seoul and the rest of their trip at Jeju Island.

But Covid reared its ugly head, despite the fact that Mr Li and Ms Huang, who are both 25, are fully vaccinated. 

Additionally, the results of the Antigen Rapid Test (ART) for both were negative.

They had taken the tests before the flight, but started showing symptoms of the virus while on board the plane.

On July 13, the first day of their holiday, the Covid test results of Mr Li and Ms Huang ended up being positive.

According to that country’s current regulations, short-term visitors to South Korea must take a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) shortly after arrival either at the airport or at a medical facility near their accommodation.

“If the on-arrival test result is positive, 7-day quarantine is required. Korean nationals and ARC holders may self-quarantine at home while short-term visitors will serve the quarantine at an allocated quarantine facility,” according to an Embassy Notice from the Republic of Korea.

Mr Li and Ms Huang, therefore, had to stay in a quarantine hotel for seven days upon their arrival in Korea.

At first, they did not think they had contracted Covid, even though they both had dry and itchy throats during the flight.

Mr Li later had a fever and a sore throat, and Ms Huang lost her voice.

They both felt better soon and by the eighth day, upon release from quarantine, they spent their last day in Korea shopping and eating.

They are hoping they’ll be able to recoup some of their losses since they had bought travel insurance for the trip.

Edited by singalion

Seen soooo many people out there being complacent. 
- not wearing mask in shopping mal

- not wearing mask on public transport and in the lift

- not wearing mask while queuing up for food at hawker center. Not mask up when fInished eating and continue to talk loudly. 

- just because they are outdoor, they are not mask but gather in group chit-chatting. 

These behaviours are as if Covid19 has gone for good or has never happened. 

Guest science fiction
On 7/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, bluerunner said:

- not wearing mask while queuing up for food at hawker center. Not mask up when fInished eating and continue to talk loudly. 

- just because they are outdoor, they are not mask but gather in group chit-chatting. 

2020 marks the era where the human race have to mask up for life!

Guest Wtf
On 7/27/2022 at 6:36 PM, bluerunner said:

Or people have thought about the risk and decided that it’s OK to move on with their lives based on the risk profile of covid? We can’t wear masks forever… go look at how life has moved on in other countries. 

Singapore is doing a good job in trying to strike a balance of blanket restrictions for protection vs. people  taking personal responsibility and living normally. Let’s not over obsess about things like maskless  people talking outdoors or diners continuing to talk after eating.

Guest Guest
On 7/27/2022 at 7:18 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Or people have thought about the risk and decided that it’s OK to move on with their lives based on the risk profile of covid? We can’t wear masks forever… go look at how life has moved on in other countries. 

Singapore is doing a good job in trying to strike a balance of blanket restrictions for protection vs. people  taking personal responsibility and living normally. Let’s not over obsess about things like maskless  people talking outdoors or diners continuing to talk after eating.

First, it was your push to open up the borders completely. Now, you even encourage others to turn a blind eye to maskless people? It is exactly because of traitors like you who will pretty much ensure that Singapore will definitely lose every single line of defense in any wars, if it ever needs to engage in any.

And now, after reopening the economy big and wide, someone is now telling us that  telling everyone that ...

Singapore won't get herd immunity even with 100% COVID infection rate: Ong Ye Kung

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-herd-immunity-covid-infection-rate-ong-ye-kung-113345049.html

As a Minister of Health, he should have seen this coming, especially since everyone already knew that the virus was, and IS, still mutating right now. Just goes to prove that the Minister of Health was never concerned about the health aspects of the nation, but more about the money aspects.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:25 AM, Guest Guest said:

As a Minister of Health, he should have seen this coming, especially since everyone already knew that the virus was, and IS, still mutating right now. Just goes to prove that the Minister of Health was never concerned about the health aspects of the nation, but more about the money aspects.

To start with,  he got zero background in the medical field,  is more like a fortune teller predicting when the cases will rise and fall, if rise,  then compare with the worst performing country in order to look good. Actually we just need a news reporter to report what is going on, same like monkeypox cases. 

Guest Nothing to complain
On 8/2/2022 at 8:25 AM, Guest Guest said:

First, it was your push to open up the borders completely. Now, you even encourage others to turn a blind eye to maskless people? It is exactly because of traitors like you who will pretty much ensure that Singapore will definitely lose every single line of defense in any wars, if it ever needs to engage in any.

And now, after reopening the economy big and wide, someone is now telling us that  telling everyone that ...

Singapore won't get herd immunity even with 100% COVID infection rate: Ong Ye Kung

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-herd-immunity-covid-infection-rate-ong-ye-kung-113345049.html

Hello. Singapore closed. All the hawker complain no business. Tourism complain no customer. Property complains tenant no money to pay. 

Opening up is the correct move. 

What's the problem now? People already voluntarily don't care liao. Ask to wear mask for protection also don't care. Happily unmasked. 

Why would Singapore still be closed le? 

Own citizen can't even follow regulations. 

Still closed. Your salary still freeze. And inflation how? 

Must open. Singaporean need to eat. BTO need to be built. 

2 years lock down still not enough? 

Whole world already back to normal. You still pushing what shit agenda? 

War in unkraine and Russia also not wearing mask... 

On 8/2/2022 at 12:41 PM, Guest Nothing to complain said:

Hello. Singapore closed. All the hawker complain no business. Tourism complain no customer. Property complains tenant no money to pay. 

Opening up is the correct move. 

What's the problem now? People already voluntarily don't care liao. Ask to wear mask for protection also don't care. Happily unmasked. 

Why would Singapore still be closed le? 

Own citizen can't even follow regulations. 

Still closed. Your salary still freeze. And inflation how? 

Must open. Singaporean need to eat. BTO need to be built. 

2 years lock down still not enough? 

Whole world already back to normal. You still pushing what shit agenda? 

Not so true,  first of all, sporean are rich, dont underestimate those hawkers and even those selling tissue paper,  anytime check their bank saving is properly more than u and me. 

Open or close,  food will still come in so we still got food to eat. China which representing one-fifth of the world's population remained close, likewise HK,  Macau,  Taiwan, Japan are all not fully open yet. 

I agreed with you as we can see more and more not wearing mask even inside shop,  bus and MRT. I wouldnt say these people are not scare but more of brainless and self-fish. 

On 7/27/2022 at 7:18 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Two things you forget:

A) The next Covid wave is heading to Singapore. 

B) 

You play down the current or future deaths of elderly, risks groups for whom Covid might be fatal. 

On the elderly: Surely, there are elderly who miss the public messages as they are disconnected to media or awareness and to whom the visit of infected relatives, returning local travellers may cause hospitalisation or death. 

Guest Wtf
On 8/2/2022 at 5:03 PM, singalion said:

Two things you forget:

A) The next Covid wave is heading to Singapore. 

B) 

You play down the current or future deaths of elderly, risks groups for whom Covid might be fatal. 

On the elderly: Surely, there are elderly who miss the public messages as they are disconnected to media or awareness and to whom the visit of infected relatives, returning local travellers may cause hospitalisation or death. 

Did you actually read my post you are responding to? or are you just replying on every thread for the sake of it?

Er, where did I play down any current or future deaths in the post you are responding to?

and what point are you actually trying to make in your last paragraph? Because it seems like a lot of words to say precisely nothing of any value. 

At least some good news for those who were infected, if it is correct...

Those vaccinated and got infected this year less likely to develop long Covid: NCID

The Straits Times, Published 5 Aug 2022

SINGAPORE - Vaccinated persons in Singapore who had Covid-19 during this recent Omicron wave or the one earlier in the year are much less likely to develop long Covid symptoms, said Dr Barnaby Young, head of the Singapore Infectious Disease Clinical Research Network at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID).

Long Covid is a condition where people experience symptoms such as chest pain, breathing difficulties and fatigue months after the initial infection has cleared.

“From our experience at NCID, for those who do develop long Covid, the symptoms also tend to be less severe and do not persist so long among vaccinated patients with Covid-19 due to the Omicron variant,” he said.

“While we do not have a diagnostic test or treatment specifically for long Covid, we do have some medication for symptom relief, and usually perform some blood or imaging tests to exclude other causes.”

His comments come as a new Dutch study published in The Lancet medical journal suggests that one in eight adults with Covid-19 may experience long Covid.

“About one in eight patients reporting long Covid is similar to what we have described in Singapore, early in the pandemic,” said Dr Young. 

The new study was conducted in the Netherlands by researchers from the University of Groningen. They collected data from online questionnaires on 23 symptoms commonly associated with long Covid from April 2020 to August last year.

The researchers compared the symptoms in people infected with Covid-19 with those who were not infected, which helps to ensure that the symptoms are not confused with non-Covid-19 ones.

They also asked participants if the symptoms were already present before their infection, in order to identify the core symptoms.

Read more here:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/1-in-8-adults-develop-long-covid-lancet-study-suggests

I still hope that MOH will set up packages for post-covid care which serves two main purposes:

• provide diagnostic care for patients who suffer long covid in terms of medical advices, medication and other support,
  • provide research data on long covid patients since Singapore is a medical hub.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:34 PM, bodybuildMLY said:

I still hope that MOH will set up packages for post-covid care which serves two main purposes:

• provide diagnostic care for patients who suffer long covid in terms of medical advices, medication and other support,
  • provide research data on long covid patients since Singapore is a medical hub.

I agree

Unfortunately, this will cost a lot of money. I think that the government is hoping that anyone with long-COVID will use their Medisave to cover the cost of an rehab and medical care. Their fear is probably that if they address long-COVID, then people will expect the government to cover all costs with the treatment and rehab.

Слава Україні!

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

counter