Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

7 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Toilet definitely need to put on mask with all the "pui pui" going on, is a hotbed for all kind of flu, not to mention the shit smell. 

I dont see the urgency for removing mask in crowded public transport. Like many mention,  is not only prevention of covid but also other kind of flu. Prior to covid era, flu is an annual event but for past 3 years, nothing happen.  

If u lke to have a taste of covid,  then yes, remove mask especially in crowded transport, otherwise keep them on. 

How come many people keep saying better to wear a mask in public transport, but you see many other places, like indoors, shopping mall, big events and gym, also quite crowded and most people are not wearing mask, and yet people are ok with it. Esp gym, some gym is very crowded with people exercising around, i find gym is high risk of getting covid and flu etc.

6 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Esp gym, some gym is very crowded with people exercising around, i find gym is high risk of getting covid and flu etc.

U r extremely right,  gym is one of the most high risk venue to catch all these virus especially during peak hours. 

I suppose people are tired after 3 years of wearing mask and with more than 70% kena covid and 80% vaccination rate with no new variants emerging, people just want to get back to pre- covid life.

On 2/12/2023 at 9:18 AM, sum1outhere_03 said:

@singalion I hope you catch the news during the pandemic. If you look back on the starting of this pandemic, the government (i.e. SG) implemented lockdowns as a measurement to keep us safe. Without any vaccination back then, the situation could look like the picture below. Minimum movement outdoors could help us back then. With the measurements, I did not catch the first four variants back then. It was till the mutated virus Omicron and XBB which got the hold of most of us.  On that node, I obviously caught them outside when having my mask off for a period of time (eating?). 

we also feel sad that some companies closed down during pandemic.

But then, the pain point is that humans are used to going out for their day to day life. Flying also stopped. 

Some of these are painful and give us discomfort and force us to do work-arounds, but also gave opportunities especially on the tech side. Now we can use grab to order our food, back then we could attend online classes (if we feel like travelling already a chore). Exams - who cares we open book and refer since it's online? lol.

WFH is a privilege cos don't have to take crowded public transport, or squeeze with any other strangers.  No eyes to catch you if you are late etc (I could even turn of my messengers and say I do not like to be disturbed when working and there is whatsapp to contact).

To be honest, now that I look back, I hope interviews will still continue to be online cos dont really need to wear formal and get the hell nervous out of you. 

Power-of-social-distancing-Gavi.jpg

PS: To be honest, the 0 covid implementation by china was a bit too late because omicron has already made a mess in our lives, so we got to live with it.

Dear Sumoneouthtere,

I am aware that Omicron did not have the seriousness of the initial 3 variants of Covid-19 and that the situation in Singapore was improved through the vaccination drive with the population here. However, still around 1000 Singaporeans died from the Omicron variant, in particular those vulnerable and those who had not passed at least 2 or 3 vaccinations. These were more than in the initial phases with the 3 original Covid-19 strains.

That Guest WTF tried to ignore the impact of Omicron and the multiplication of deaths due to the much easier spread of the Omicron variant. That Guest was spreading repeatedly the falsehood here at BW that Omicron can be compared to a normal flu.

Unfortunately, this was proven wrong.

This Guest also pleaded in the early phase of Omicron to withdraw all Government Covid measures.

Such proposal was totally irresponsible and in denial of facts.

My aim with my previous post was simply to highlight that Omicron also resulted in deaths and was never comparable to "just a flu". The numbers of deaths in relation to the population was higher than for common influenza deaths.

30 minutes ago, singalion said:

Dear Sumoneouthtere,

I am aware that Omicron did not have the seriousness of the initial 3 variants of Covid-19 and that the situation in Singapore was improved through the vaccination drive with the population here. However, still around 1000 Singaporeans died from the Omicron variant, in particular those vulnerable and those who had not passed at least 2 or 3 vaccinations. These were more than in the initial phases with the 3 original Covid-19 strains.

That Guest WTF tried to ignore the impact of Omicron and the multiplication of deaths due to the much easier spread of the Omicron variant. That Guest was spreading repeatedly the falsehood here at BW that Omicron can be compared to a normal flu.

This Guest also pleaded in the early phase of Omicron to withdraw all Government Covid measures.

My aim with my previous post was simply to highlight that Omicron also resulted in deaths and was never comparable to "just a flu". The numbers of deaths in relation to the population was higher than for common influenza deaths.

errr, where did I say that Covid was ‘just a flu’?

33 minutes ago, singalion said:

Dear Sumoneouthtere,

and the point you totally missed is that you don’t seem to have given a moment’s thought to Covid in the last six months, despite your proclamations about how much time and energy you have given to people dying. Or maybe deaths only count when they are reported daily in the straits times. 

Guest Who Am I?
On 2/12/2023 at 1:37 PM, Guest Wtf said:

yes, because it covers half their face

On 2/12/2023 at 10:25 AM, Guest Guest said:

Some guys do look "mysteriously handsome and desirable" with the mask on .... 😝

I have a couple of times people addressed me as "Xiao Jie", with my mask on.  When I took it off, they called me "uncle", and a malay auntie called me "adik".   

On 2/12/2023 at 9:03 PM, lonelyglobe said:

U r extremely right,  gym is one of the most high risk venue to catch all these virus especially during peak hours. 

I suppose people are tired after 3 years of wearing mask and with more than 70% kena covid and 80% vaccination rate with no new variants emerging, people just want to get back to pre- covid life.

I am curious to know people who just want to get back to pre-covid life, never wear mask in crowded places, wonder how often did they get covid or re infected with covid again? People really no scare on the unknown long term side effects if infected with covid many years down the road? Afterall covid virus is not like common flu virus, infected with common flu is nothing to scare as compared with covid.

This is why when i resumed my gym in this year, i am still quite scared whenever i go to gym, and esp if the gym is crowded. I try to wear a mask and look quite silly, since no one is wearing any mask.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

I try to wear a mask and look quite silly, since no one is wearing any mask.

Then u have to ask yourself a question: "would u rather look silly but reduce the chances of kena covid or would u rather look smart but increase the chances of kena covid and its after effects."  Take it that u r protecting yourself and the others too. 

There is really no need to care what others do or think. I m the first few to wear mask in Mar 2020 when they are still telling people "healthy people dont need to wear mask" and probably i will be the last few to remove mask too. Afterall,  after more than one thousand day of wearing mask,  it can't be just take one or a few day and u r ready to remove them. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

10 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Then u have to ask yourself a question: "would u rather look silly but reduce the chances of kena covid or would u rather look smart but increase the chances of kena covid and its after effects."  Take it that u r protecting yourself and the others too. 

There is really no need to care what others do or think. I m the first few to wear mask in Mar 2020 when they are still telling people "healthy people dont need to wear mask" and probably i will be the last few to remove mask too. Afterall,  after more than one thousand day of wearing mask,  it can't be just take one or a few day and u r ready to remove them. 

Eventually one day, you will have to stop wearing mask. You decide when that day is. 

All the better if people around mask up, then those who don't wear mask is safer without having to wear mask. 

Win win situation. 

1 hour ago, Guest Win said:

Eventually one day, you will have to stop wearing mask. You decide when that day is. 

All the better if people around mask up, then those who don't wear mask is safer without having to wear mask. 

Win win situation. 

Absolutely,  one day but dont know when yet ha.......... 

Not true.... those who dont mask up will just spread the virus among themselve....i m ok when people dont mask up but the problem is they still want to talk and laugh loudly,  start coughing and do all sort of funny things,  they should just keep their mouth shut.

8 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not true.... those who dont mask up will just spread the virus among themselve....i m ok when people dont mask up but the problem is they still want to talk and laugh loudly,  start coughing and do all sort of funny things,  they should just keep their mouth shut.

Then by your logic, people need to mask up indoor, shopping mall, and at kopitiam... 

Why those places got special immunity? 

We are human, mask doesn't offer 100% protection. We are meant to fall sick. We are meant to die. 

Its part of God plan to control human population. 

54 minutes ago, Guest Noway said:

Then by your logic, people need to mask up indoor, shopping mall, and at kopitiam... 

Why those places got special immunity? 

We are human, mask doesn't offer 100% protection. We are meant to fall sick. We are meant to die. 

Its part of God plan to control human population. 

Ha..... 

20 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Agreed. To look silly and kiasi wearing a mask than to increase the risk of getting covid. Even though many people can just like that remove their mask even after wearing them for nearly 3 years. As many people still cannot get used to wearing a mask or do not like to wear a mask. To them they are moving on with life. And for those who are still wearing a mask, maybe people would think these people are still living in the pandemic. 😅

8 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

I would still continue to wear a mask maybe until mid of the year and see how is the covid situation by that time and then decide on the wearing of mask thing. Nowadays when i was outside with many people around and indoors without wearing any mask, i feel like i am like not wearing any clothing, do not feel comfortable and feel ''sick'' after that. Maybe think i have problem with my mentality? 😅

On 2/14/2023 at 9:08 PM, Guest Guest said:

I would still continue to wear a mask maybe until mid of the year and see how is the covid situation by that time and then decide on the wearing of mask thing. Nowadays when i was outside with many people around and indoors without wearing any mask, i feel like i am like not wearing any clothing, do not feel comfortable and feel ''sick'' after that. Maybe think i have problem with my mentality? 😅

Perhaps not.... Covid still spreading easily in our community when mask is out,  the good new is symptoms are like common flu.

"23 People Reportedly Test Covid-19 Positive After Company Dinner At Bishan Restaurant"

With Singapore having entered DORSCON Green as of 13 Feb (Monday), it’s safe to say that life has pretty much returned to pre-Covid normal.

That doesn’t mean Covid-19 has gone away, however, as new cases still emerge daily.

A group of people found that out the hard way recently when nearly half of them tested positive for Covid-19 after attending a company dinner at a Bishan restaurant.

On 2/16/2023 at 5:06 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Perhaps not.... Covid still spreading easily in our community when mask is out,  the good new is symptoms are like common flu.

"23 People Reportedly Test Covid-19 Positive After Company Dinner At Bishan Restaurant"

With Singapore having entered DORSCON Green as of 13 Feb (Monday), it’s safe to say that life has pretty much returned to pre-Covid normal.

That doesn’t mean Covid-19 has gone away, however, as new cases still emerge daily.

A group of people found that out the hard way recently when nearly half of them tested positive for Covid-19 after attending a company dinner at a Bishan restaurant.

I would say these 23 people are simply unlucky, maybe there is one person got covid and the virus is quite strong, and it just spread to the rest like fire.

You see now outside majority people gather in big group together without mask, also never got infected.

28 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

I would say these 23 people are simply unlucky, maybe there is one person got covid and the virus is quite strong, and it just spread to the rest like fire.

You see now outside majority people gather in big group together without mask, also never got infected.

How do u know they never get infected since reporting is no longer necessary?

I wont leave it to luck,  like u mention maybe one person got covid and the virus quite strong,  if it can happen in a restaraunt,  it definitely can happen in crowded bus and train.

Anyway,  i got a shock at airport, is so crowded and more than 80% are not wearing mask including those staff on duty.

• 4 weeks later...

On 3/16/2023 at 12:44 AM, lonelyglobe said:

That's why need to learn how to remove mask safely. Current 3000 -4000 cases is definitely not a good time to remove. Hopefully say not more than 100 cases daily or like 90% of the population kena 

May I ask wow did you derive at the number of 3000 to 4000 current covid-19 cases/ infections?

What I noted that there was a doubling of weekly infections to Covid 19 from 9 March to 10 March 2023 (Same for Hospitalisations) according the MOH data.

Per week 9 were 4492 infections (On the average it makes rounded 642 daily infections)

Per week 10 however, 10352 infections (On the average it makes rounded 1,479 daily infections)

Hospitalisations doubled from week 9 to week 10 also. (from 80 to 160 in those 2 weeks)

If we consider the new parameters on counting the Covid -19 infections, then probably the real number should be much higher because of the background that no longer all cases are counted more efficiently as before.

Week 9 refers to 26 Feb to 4 Mar  

Week 10 refert so 5 Mar to 11 Mar

Just wonder why out of the sudden this doubling of cases.

2 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Just out of curiosity, are you still going for vaccination (boosters) shot every 6-8months? 

The question would be more, if the Government will continue booster shots in the future.

I assume after everyone (who wanted) has the 4th shot, they will not offer under a Government program any longer.

Guest GUEST
6 hours ago, singalion said:

What I noted that there was a doubling of weekly infections to Covid 19 from 9 March to 10 March 2023 (Same for Hospitalisations) according the MOH data.

Per week 9 were 4492 infections (On the average it makes rounded 642 daily infections)

Per week 10 however, 10352 infections (On the average it makes rounded 1,479 daily infections)

Hospitalisations doubled from week 9 to week 10 also. (from 80 to 160 in those 2 weeks)

If we consider the new parameters on counting the Covid -19 infections, then probably the real number should be much higher because of the background that no longer all cases are counted more efficiently as before.

Week 9 refers to 26 Feb to 4 Mar  

Week 10 refert so 5 Mar to 11 Mar

Just wonder why out of the sudden this doubling of cases.

They still keep track on the covid cases and report them? Anyway, since covid cases no longer reported on news and no need to wear mask at all, nobody would be bother and aware what is happening to covid situation. Even now when a person positive with covid, he/she can still go out, go work and go anywhere. Maybe this is why cases go up faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly new cases of COVID-19 in Singapore surged over 10,000 for the past two weeks

March 24, 2023

According to the official COVID-19 statistics published on the Ministry of Health (MOH) website, there have been over 10,000 new cases of COVID-19 locally per week for two consecutive weeks.

During week 10 and week 11 this year, the number of new COVID-19 cases recorded was 10,352 and 10,464, respectively.

This represents a sharp increase compared to the end of February and early March, when the numbers were only around 4,400 cases per week.

Since changing its approach towards the coronavirus, the MOH has been tracking the average number of cases per Epi-week instead of on a daily basis.

The number of new COVID-19 patients admitted to hospitals and intensive care units (ICU) has also increased significantly in the past two weeks.

In the first nine weeks of this year, the average number of new hospitalizations per week was maintained below 100.

But in the tenth week, it increased to 160 people; in the eleventh week, it increased to 218 people.

Doctors warn of potential increase in COVID-19 cases due to lax preventive measures

Guest guest
29 minutes ago, singalion said:

Weekly new cases of COVID-19 in Singapore surged over 10,000 for the past two weeks

March 24, 2023

According to the official COVID-19 statistics published on the Ministry of Health (MOH) website, there have been over 10,000 new cases of COVID-19 locally per week for two consecutive weeks.

During week 10 and week 11 this year, the number of new COVID-19 cases recorded was 10,352 and 10,464, respectively.

This represents a sharp increase compared to the end of February and early March, when the numbers were only around 4,400 cases per week.

Since changing its approach towards the coronavirus, the MOH has been tracking the average number of cases per Epi-week instead of on a daily basis.

The number of new COVID-19 patients admitted to hospitals and intensive care units (ICU) has also increased significantly in the past two weeks.

In the first nine weeks of this year, the average number of new hospitalizations per week was maintained below 100.

But in the tenth week, it increased to 160 people; in the eleventh week, it increased to 218 people.

Doctors warn of potential increase in COVID-19 cases due to lax preventive measures

Increase in covid cases cannot be avoided if they want us to live covid endemic and take away all preventive measures.

• 2 months later...

More Covid-19 deaths in April, but infection rate appears to be falling

25 May 2023

SINGAPORE - A total of 54 people died of Covid-19 in April, as part of the current wave that had earlier pushed the number of weekly infections beyond 28,000 at the end of March.

The death toll in April is more than the 30 deaths in the first quarter of 2023, based on Ministry of Health data.

Associate Professor Hsu Li Yang, an infectious diseases expert at the National University of Singapore’s Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, warned that the number of deaths in May could be even higher. He said: “The case count has gone up dramatically, especially among the 60-plus-year-old group. Deaths are also largely in this group.”

Of the 84 Covid-19 deaths between January and April, 81 were people aged 60 years and older. They generally accounted for more than 80 per cent of those hospitalised.

For the week of May 14, the data showed a fall in overall Covid-19 infections, as well as the number of people needing to be hospitalised. The figures, however, were still relatively high.

There were 20,767 infections recorded that week, compared with 23,531 in the previous week. A total of 379 patients were admitted to hospital, down from 552 in the previous week.

More:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/more-covid-19-deaths-in-april-but-infection-rate-appears-to-be-falling

Guest guest
18 hours ago, singalion said:

More Covid-19 deaths in April, but infection rate appears to be falling

25 May 2023

SINGAPORE - A total of 54 people died of Covid-19 in April, as part of the current wave that had earlier pushed the number of weekly infections beyond 28,000 at the end of March.

The death toll in April is more than the 30 deaths in the first quarter of 2023, based on Ministry of Health data.

Associate Professor Hsu Li Yang, an infectious diseases expert at the National University of Singapore’s Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, warned that the number of deaths in May could be even higher. He said: “The case count has gone up dramatically, especially among the 60-plus-year-old group. Deaths are also largely in this group.”

Of the 84 Covid-19 deaths between January and April, 81 were people aged 60 years and older. They generally accounted for more than 80 per cent of those hospitalised.

For the week of May 14, the data showed a fall in overall Covid-19 infections, as well as the number of people needing to be hospitalised. The figures, however, were still relatively high.

There were 20,767 infections recorded that week, compared with 23,531 in the previous week. A total of 379 patients were admitted to hospital, down from 552 in the previous week.

More:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/more-covid-19-deaths-in-april-but-infection-rate-appears-to-be-falling

No ending of this covid. -_-

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, JoJoMan said:

New Variant "Eris"  has arrived ... declared WHO!

New concern? BEWARE!

Yes, EG.5 but they say no need to scare. Looks like best is to wear mask when outside.

Anyway, what is the status of the covid cases in sg now?

• 3 months later...

Oh no... is it back again?

The increase of hospitalisations makes me wonder...

More hospitalisations as Singapore’s Covid-19 cases hit record high for 2023

ST 8 Nov 2023

SINGAPORE – Covid-19 infections and hospitalisations are increasing, putting a strain on hospitals here.

The Ministry of Health (MOH), which raised the alert, has also reassured people that the numbers are not as high as during the pandemic, and that the circulating variants are not known to cause more severe illness.

In the week ended Dec 2, 32,035 people were diagnosed with Covid-19 – the highest number of infections recorded this year. The previous high was 28,410 infections a week in March.

The latest number is almost 10,000 more than the 22,094 diagnosed the previous week. The number of weekly infections has been hovering around 15,000 over the past two to three months.

The number of people being hospitalised and needing intensive care treatment has also gone up.

An MOH statement on Dec 8 said the average daily Covid-19 hospitalisations rose to 225 from 136 the week before, and the average daily intensive care unit (ICU) cases increased to four cases compared with one case in the previous week.

It said: “This has added workload to our hospitals, which are already busy.”

Nine people severely ill with Covid-19 were admitted to a hospital ICU in the week of Nov 26 to Dec 2, up from four the previous week. But as hospitalisation and need for intensive care treatment usually lag behind infections, the numbers could go up in the coming weeks.

231209Weekly-hospitalONLINE.jpg

That was what happened in the Covid-19 wave in March and April 2023, with ICU weekly admission for this infection hitting a high of 16 about three weeks after infections peaked.

That wave resulted in 54 Covid-19 deaths in April and 53 in May. In other months, deaths ranged from five to 28 each month. Most deaths involved people 60 years and older, although there was one child who died in October.

The ministry said the rise in cases “could be due to a number of factors, including waning population immunity and increased travel and community interactions during the year-end travel and festive season”.

It urged people to keep up to date with their Covid-19 vaccinations, especially seniors and those who are medically vulnerable. They should exercise social responsibility and stay home if they are feeling unwell. They should also wear a mask in crowded, not well-ventilated places.

It also asked people “to seek medical treatment at a hospital’s emergency department only for serious or life-threatening emergencies”.

This is to “preserve our hospital capacity for patients who truly need acute hospital care and allow those with severe illness to receive timely treatment”.

231209Weekly-Covid-19-infectionsONLINE.jpg

In a separate statement on Dec 8, the ministry refuted allegations made by Dr Gabriel Oon “which suggested that the development and administration of mRNA vaccines have led to new virus mutants or variants”.

This is factually incorrect, it said, adding that there is no evidence that the mRNA vaccines contributed to the virus mutating.

It added: “Contrary to what Dr Oon said, the mRNA vaccines also do not contain the live Sars-CoV-2 virus. The mRNA vaccine comprises RNA material, which is translated to a viral protein, that triggers the immune response in humans. It does not rely on inactivation of the Sars-CoV-2 virus.”

This is not the first time Dr Oon has spoken out against mRNA vaccines.

He also did so in 2021, calling them “useless now and obsolete in the presence of mutations”, urging people to get the Sinovac vaccine instead.

The MOH also said that “the primary reason why Singapore recorded one of the lowest excess death rates in the world during the pandemic” was that the great majority of people here took the vaccines.

It added that vaccines do not give 100 per cent protection, which is why a small proportion of those vaccinated also died.

17 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

it just normal flu nothing to be serious at all

year end flu is common far before covid 

sporeans like to visit cold country during year end

True, year end common flu is very common even covid appeared. But they also never report the cases of common flu, don't understand why they still harp on reporting covid cases now, since they have treated covid as common flu and resume everything as per normal and make people worry.

21 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

True, year end common flu is very common even covid appeared. But they also never report the cases of common flu, don't understand why they still harp on reporting covid cases now, since they have treated covid as common flu and resume everything as per normal and make people worry.

they want to clear vaccine stock

asking ppl continue to go take the vaccine but dare not to enforce like during covid period

7 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

it just normal flu nothing to be serious at all

year end flu is common far before covid 

sporeans like to visit cold country during year end

6 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

they want to clear vaccine stock

asking ppl continue to go take the vaccine but dare not to enforce like during covid period

But the higher number of hospitalisations on Covid seem to contradict your theories. 

You don't think for these cases the hospital will do a Covid Test???

The increase in hospitalised patients in Europe, US and other parts of the world don't indicate there is a Covid surge? 

Governments are not interested in such pandemics as it adds costs for medical etc, ...

Maintaining those vaccination centers is also only cost to the government (and tax payers). 

Do you really think Goverments will cooperate with Covid vaccine manufacturers "to clear their stocks" when they only have costs? 

I doubt so. 

Just tell the elderly and immunocompromised to get another booster, if the last vaccination is too long ago and after that all should be ok. 

Eventually, get one yourself too if you want to be on the safe side... 

Think how much in advantage you are getting free vaccinations here when in other countries there are no such resources. 

Edited by singalion

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Probably common flu not too many hospitalisation cases but covid is different,  while they treat it as a common flu but we know it isn't. Wearing a mask is still the best protection for now especially if u r staying with elderly at home. 

2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Probably common flu not too many hospitalisation cases but covid is different,  while they treat it as a common flu but we know it isn't. Wearing a mask is still the best protection for now especially if u r staying with elderly at home. 

love the way you think your opinion is somehow more correct than the NCID

https://www.ncid.sg/News-Events/News/Pages/Not-true-that-Omicron-deadlier-than-flu-say-Singapore-experts.aspx

anyway, keep on worrying. Did you do the same every flu season pre-Covid? 

4 hours ago, singalion said:

But the higher number of hospitalisations on Covid seem to contradict your theories. 

You don't think for these cases the hospital will do a Covid Test???

The increase in hospitalised patients in Europe, US and other parts of the world don't indicate there is a Covid surge? 

Governments are not interested in such pandemics as it adds costs for medical etc, ...

Maintaining those vaccination centers is also only cost to the government (and tax payers). 

Do you really think Goverments will cooperate with Covid vaccine manufacturers "to clear their stocks" when they only have costs? 

I doubt so. 

So why not set is compulsory for all to take 

Bit voluntary 

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Simple: Because people get hospitalised as the long ago vaccination doesn't bite any more.

Be reminded that those with certain conditions (heart, diabetes, chronic diseases) are at a higher risk, elderly and Covid will impact these groups much stronger. Some scientists wrote that the vaccine will vane off after 6 months. For the high risk groups protection might be lost after the years.

There is also a difference in hospitals as for the common flu, common flu doesn't require the special isolation etc etc which comes with Covid.

In the end there is much higher cost for the government (and finally for the tax payers), therefore it is right for the Government to remind the people to get the booster to avoid ending up in the hospital.

You can't predict what person will have difficulties when it comes to Covid.

Which means it is not the same as a common flu. It might be for a majority but not for all.

5 hours ago, Guest Expert said:

love the way you think your opinion is somehow more correct than the NCID

https://www.ncid.sg/News-Events/News/Pages/Not-true-that-Omicron-deadlier-than-flu-say-Singapore-experts.aspx

anyway, keep on worrying. Did you do the same every flu season pre-Covid? 

Sorry but the two rearches have never been found as conclusive:

There are various scientific findings that Covid (even Omicron) is still deadlier than the normal flu virus.

The statistical numbers of Singapore on Covid and flu deaths already show this very clearly (even if you just take Omicron).

The vaccinations in the end made the difference of having less severe cases of Covid and less people requiring hospitalisation or who died on Covid.

You can't just take two months and compare both.

Certain scientists in same article already disputed the headline.

The European research lead exactly to the opposite result:

(It is strange that the European Research mentions exactly the opposite headline than above article).

Omicron appears more deadly than seasonal influenza, study suggests

April 7, 2023

European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases

Adults hospitalized with the SARS-CoV-2 omicron variant have a higher death rate than those hospitalized with seasonal influenza, even though omicron is considered less virulent with lower case fatality rates than the delta and alpha strains. This is suggested by new research being presented at this year's European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases (ECCMID) in Copenhagen, Denmark (15–18 April).

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-04-omicron-deadly-seasonal-influenza.html

Covid-19 update: Omicron strain 40% more lethal than flu

March 3, 2022

The Omicron strain of Covid-19 is at least 40% more lethal than seasonal flu, according Japanese scientists, underscoring the potential danger of lifting pandemic curbs too quickly and underestimating the virus’s ongoing health risks.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/covid-omicron-more-lethal-than-flu/?cf-view

COVID Omicron carries 4 times the risk of death as flu, new data show

News brief   August 26, 2023

After the emergence of the Omicron variant in 2022, France saw a high proportion of intensive care unit admissions and deaths from causes other than COVID-19 compared with previous variants.

Flu was tied to a yearly average of 15,654 deaths during the 2014-15 through 2018-19 seasons and 7,851 deaths from week 33, 2022, to week 12, 2023. During the latter period, 32,607 people died of COVID-19, or their deaths were related to the disease.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/covid-omicron-carries-4-times-risk-death-flu-new-data-show

Please also don't forget long Covid, meaning illness people are suffering long time after having contracted covid. Such illnesses are not associated with flu.

Guest PR stunt
19 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Fake news means don't believe the covid cases went up sharply?

Covit has been going up since who knows when, without any report or whatsoever.   Now that it is time for another shot, they decided to bring out the big gun, to stirke.............................................................................................................fear,

2 hours ago, Guest PR stunt said:

Covit has been going up since who knows when, without any report or whatsoever.   Now that it is time for another shot, they decided to bring out the big gun, to stirke.............................................................................................................fear,

Covid cases have been maintain 5 digit for very long, never see the number of cases drop to below 10k or even 1k.

1 hour ago, bluerunner said:

Ikr. Take jab, we are unsure what it will do to our bodies in the long run. Don’t take, we scare kena Covid jialat jialat. 
shake head sia. 

Agreed, either way we are screwed. This is why on order to reduce chance of getting covid, best is to wear a mask when outside and continue to practice good personal hygiene.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.