Male HQ

Jogging Advise

Stone Tan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 10:56 PM, Stone Tan said:

What kind of warm up exercise should I do before I go for jogging to prevent my keen cap injury?

To warm up you may want to walk for about 10mins to your starting point then start with a slow jog for about 5 mins, about 50% of the heart rate you will be when actual jogging.

That said, jogging will never prevent knee cap injury. You may want to try preventive measures like taking glucosamine or applying the topical glucosamine gel. Alternatively, swimming is another form of cardio that has less impact on knees (if you don’t do breaststroke).

Do dynamic stretches and like ReubenH advised, get your heart rate up so that your muscles get warm and ready for work.

https://www.runnersworld.com/training/g20862002/dynamic-warmup-stretches/

I prefer climbing stairs to running. Apparently, there is less impact on the knees than running on flat ground. However, do take the lift on the way

down. I personally walk down the stairs because it works different muscles, but climbing down can be hard on the knees. 

https://goqii.com/blog/stair-climbing-one-of-the-best-exercises/

• 4 months later...

I do not even do warm up before i go jogging lol. To prevent knee cap injury you need to choose a terrain that is not rocky as stepping on a rock often gives big strain to the knee to prevent you from falling. Also choose a lesser down slope terrain as down slope also give great impact to the knee.

When running try not to lift your leg too high and slam down to the ground, this way usually only leads to slow jogging.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.