Male HQ

International clickbaits by guest

Guest simonddd

Guest simonddd

Last month, I was in a terrible accident. Most of the expenses are covered by insurance and a couple months before that, I received almost $1 million from a relative. I had not told anyone about my good fortune nor made any purchases (yet!) that would indicate a change of status. While I was in the ICU and comatose, a friend started a GoFundMe for me.

By the time I found out about it, it was up to $15,000 and over 300 friends, even strangers, had contributed. Several friends gave hundreds of dollars. I asked several more knowledgeable friends about somehow canceling it, and they discouraged that action. Too late! Now not only am I racked with guilt, but I am afraid to make improvements on my house.

I make donations to every GoFundMe that I come across, and I made donations to my favorite causes, but meanwhile there is THAT money. I did one “status update” on Facebook, thanking everyone and mentioning my ego “accepting” help. I am afraid to even look at the total, and have not gone to the site. To make it worse, before this, I was lower-middle-class, and so are many of the friends who gave money.

I am sick at the thought of their sacrifice. I will buy them lunch and drinks when I am on my feet, but what else can I do? I can’t even enjoy the money I received before the accident for fear of upsetting someone.

Guest Simi scam is this
2 hours ago, Guest simonddd said:

Last month, I was in a terrible accident. Most of the expenses are covered by insurance and a couple months before that, I received almost $1 million from a relative. I had not told anyone about my good fortune nor made any purchases (yet!) that would indicate a change of status. While I was in the ICU and comatose, a friend started a GoFundMe for me.

By the time I found out about it, it was up to $15,000 and over 300 friends, even strangers, had contributed. Several friends gave hundreds of dollars. I asked several more knowledgeable friends about somehow canceling it, and they discouraged that action. Too late! Now not only am I racked with guilt, but I am afraid to make improvements on my house.

I make donations to every GoFundMe that I come across, and I made donations to my favorite causes, but meanwhile there is THAT money. I did one “status update” on Facebook, thanking everyone and mentioning my ego “accepting” help. I am afraid to even look at the total, and have not gone to the site. To make it worse, before this, I was lower-middle-class, and so are many of the friends who gave money.

I am sick at the thought of their sacrifice. I will buy them lunch and drinks when I am on my feet, but what else can I do? I can’t even enjoy the money I received before the accident for fear of upsetting someone.

Sorry I googled this article or post appears multiple time. 

You spam shit post for what. I don't believe this story la. 

16 hours ago, Guest simonddd said:

Looks like more fiction here than at kinokunya.

Lower middle class but with a relative bequeathing nearly 1 million? All this happened since last month? That is a massively quick recovery from accident that left you in a coma! 

If true and if so concerned, just offer to return the money to whoever wants it back and donate whatever is left to charity.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:29 PM, Guest simonddd said:

Just give it back also by donating it to the needy and tell your friends also in their behalf

Guest Hideki

My mother, 65, passed away and left me her house and mortgage. Her partner, 72, lives there. What are my moral obligations?

My mom passed away unexpectedly on March 5. I am her only child, and she never remarried after divorcing my dad in 1991.

She left behind a partner of 31 years, a man she did not marry, in spite of multiple proposals and opportunities, because she did not trust him financially.

In later years, she became focused on leaving me something because she felt bad about not having had more resources when I was younger. She did not want any of that encumbered by him or his six children. 

My mother’s partner is seven years older than my mom. For that reason, we always assumed that she would outlive him, and we never discussed what to do in the reverse case. As her main heir, I stand to inherit her home, where he currently lives, which my mom purchased before her death and which was partially remodeled using money I gave my mom from my inheritance from my dad.

There’s a small mortgage payment of $480 a month on it, and I had committed to making those payments for my mom in her retirement. He was not a party to any of these discussions or arrangements. 

When she passed, I initially assumed I’d carry the obligation of paying the mortgage until he passed, at which time I’d either sell or move into the house. In the time since, I’ve had a lot more clarity of thought, and I would like to move into the house myself. For one, it would give me the financial freedom that my mom always wanted for herself but never found, and I know that would make her happy.

My current plan is to sit down with him in a few weeks when I pay off and sign her car over to him, and let him know that I plan to live in the house myself but can wait a year for him to figure out what he would like to do, and find a new place. He has a son about two hours away, and that appears to me to be a better fit than a 72-year-old man predisposed to conspiracy theories living alone. 

What do you suppose my moral obligations are here? On the one hand, I don’t want to put a 70-something-year-old man on the street. On the other, my mom had 31 years to ensure he was provided for or at least ask me to ensure he was and never did either of those things. I think that speaks volumes as to how she saw their relationship, though he does not see it the same way. 

Guest Guest
  • G_M changed the title to International clickbaits by guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.