Male HQ

Sinovac Vaccine & other Vaccine Discussion (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, RyanX said:

The percentage are not comparable between the different type Vaccines. 

So what if traditional methods and proven safe? 50% means 50%. Inject water into you also means you got 50% chance of getting infected. Might as well don't bother to go for such vaccination, unless you kenna forced to do so because of all those PRC vaccine politics. 

Guest Guest

I also thought milk powder was traditional methods and proven safe... until the Chinese starts making them and hell broke loose. 

Vaccine.....? Errrrrr..... You also dunno what they put inside until your head grows big like those babies. 

Guest Panaronia
4 hours ago, RyanX said:

Why not? Based on traditional methods, proven safe and working. Unlike Pfizer which is first timer. 

I prefer panado then.

I will prefer sinovac actually since its not a cure and you still can spread n get infected which ever one you get..

I rather not take the risk with mrna n dna methods that has so little time of trial....covid 19 made their use possible under emergency approval...

Besides our cases here 30deaths in a year...just keep the masks safety dist...hand hygene n avoid larger crowds i feel has been the best precaution.

Dont forget your immune system as well...eat well shit well hydrate rest exercise and mental health etc...

Just my personal preference....while the new technology could play out better..it the chance we are taking and it will show some time in the future not so soon...

Anyway life is a journey of choices....be happy whatever your chose may be. :D

4 hours ago, Marineboy said:

I will prefer sinovac actually since its not a cure and you still can spread n get infected which ever one you get..

I rather not take the risk with mrna n dna methods that has so little time of trial....covid 19 made their use possible under emergency approval...

Besides our cases here 30deaths in a year...just keep the masks safety dist...hand hygene n avoid larger crowds i feel has been the best precaution.

Dont forget your immune system as well...eat well shit well hydrate rest exercise and mental health etc...

Just my personal preference....while the new technology could play out better..it the chance we are taking and it will show some time in the future not so soon...

Anyway life is a journey of choices....be happy whatever your chose may be. :D

You are a philosopher!😄 Of course, we have to take risks all along our lives, but we can try to minimize them...

As you say, you have not many cases in SG, but in many countries, this number (and the number of fatalities) is rocketting to the sky, and there is a huge shortage of vaccines. Recently, I would have accepted any type of vaccine if approved in the EU. Btw, I don't know whether Sinovac has applied for approval in the EU?

Could the vaccine be more effective based on whichever country that has let out the virus? If they  have gotten a real good vaccine, it’s economy should be coping well above the rest of the world, right? But again, even if they have it, will they release the real vaccine to the other counties that have bought it from them? 

Around April last year, from the very day China announced that they will change the way they classify the infected cases, their infection rate started to drop drastically. Is it because the virus is afraid of how China does its classification & therefore, stop infecting its residents? Or could it be that the country has started testing its vaccine since then? If the reason is the latter, the vaccine has been tested for a longer period of time & on many number of people.  

6 hours ago, jlone said:

What he got is common ..people get it even without any vaccine...my sis had it suddenly it took a few weeks..mostly normal now intially the face n mouth drooped somewhat.

I would think he was about to get it somehow the vaccine timing was such.... :P

Guest Guest

With all the checkered history of China production and also the evidence of Sinovac vaccine issues, I really wonder why on earth anyone would still want to support such a vaccine, especially one which is just giving a 50% effectiveness. 

18 hours ago, Phil said:

You are a philosopher!😄 Of course, we have to take risks all along our lives, but we can try to minimize them...

As you say, you have not many cases in SG, but in many countries, this number (and the number of fatalities) is rocketting to the sky, and there is a huge shortage of vaccines. Recently, I would have accepted any type of vaccine if approved in the EU. Btw, I don't know whether Sinovac has applied for approval in the EU?

There is also a vaccine from US...old school much like the sinovac cant quite remember the name i dont read much about this type of US vaccine The big Pharma will be pushing their new drugs and technology. Its really cheaper and faster to produce than the sinovac as they dont need to grow anything.. If successful all future drugs will be made this way. Interestingly with GM modified food there is lots of resistance well mrna is the same principle.

Sure its good to embrace new technology just be happy whatever your choice. Be aware there is no recourse should anything go wrong for the individual except for the govt compensation they promised the people here. 

EU certainly not likely to go for Spunik V or Sinvac when they have other choices..i see some problem with supplies and read Hungary has approved and looking into alternate vaccines now.

3 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

With all the checkered history of China production and also the evidence of Sinovac vaccine issues, I really wonder why on earth anyone would still want to support such a vaccine, especially one which is just giving a 50% effectiveness. 

DIfferent sources have different results....any vaccine is not a cure by the way...prob need boosters yearly much like any flu jabs..

They have said it...they think its better for the common good but you can still be infected and spreading it even with after vaccination perhaps a milder form should it happen.

For me  the risk of unknown technology is my concern...if the situation is really bad..perhaps there is no choice...until then i wont be rushing it...whatever turns you one. Be happy :D

56 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Need to ask PAP,  SG have purchased 200,000 doses of sinovac vaccine and is already here in our warehouse waiting for approval, good luck. 

Guest guest
On 3/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, RyanX said:

Why not? Based on traditional methods, proven safe and working. Unlike Pfizer which is first timer. 

Even it is based on traditional methods, but the effective and protection rate is so low, like jab like no jab like that.

Guest guest
1 hour ago, Marineboy said:

DIfferent sources have different results....any vaccine is not a cure by the way...prob need boosters yearly much like any flu jabs..

They have said it...they think its better for the common good but you can still be infected and spreading it even with after vaccination perhaps a milder form should it happen.

For me  the risk of unknown technology is my concern...if the situation is really bad..perhaps there is no choice...until then i wont be rushing it...whatever turns you one. Be happy :D

You are the first one that have different view on taking the jab. Almost all the people around me that i know are going to take the vaccine. So far no hear anyone still thinking whether want to take or not, or straight away say not going to take the jab.

Most people are going for the jab, i think due to few reasons. Could be due to peer pressure from people around them, people go take i also follow and don't want to be the odd one out. Vaccine TV ad keep blasting on tv everyday to ''brain wash'' people to go take vaccine. People go take vaccine are those who will travel/go holiday every year, so they have no choice but have to go take the jab., if not cannot travel if the borders open. Based on the news reported on vaccination exercise so far, the serious side effect which causes permanent damage is very low, only common side effects which does not cause an alarm.

Guest guest
42 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Need to ask PAP,  SG have purchased 200,000 doses of sinovac vaccine and is already here in our warehouse waiting for approval, good luck. 

So for those who want to take the vaccine, better book now if got invited to go for the vaccine. If not later only left with sinovac vaccine.

Guest Guest

Sinovac lacks credibility as long as the company refuse to hand over all relevant data for assessment. Me registered recently for vaccination and thankful there is Pfizer vaccine for me :)

13 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Sinovac lacks credibility as long as the company refuse to hand over all relevant data for assessment. Me registered recently for vaccination and thankful there is Pfizer vaccine for me :)

Seriously if it was that bad the many nations that approve it will be screwed...The powerful media can influence our thinking you need to read many sources and make your decision based on your findings...just because that source said so does not make it 100% true...

What do we know about credibility and data...What relevant data are they talking about...

Every media has their biased.

Care to share what you know or are you simply quoting from source you read from..

Big Phama companies rule the world..just look at the medications that is being fed to so many...all scared into it...i would think...

Most important is your own immune system. You need to help it stay strong not taking more drugs and each drug has some side affect leading to another drug. lol

However it may be a good option in a pandemic to help diffuse the situation and hopefully things will be better and wait they are already telling us about the new normal no one has mentioned to return to pre covid or did i miss something?

Guest Guest
On 3/30/2021 at 10:11 PM, Marineboy said:

Seriously if it was that bad the many nations that approve it will be screwed...The powerful media can influence our thinking you need to read many sources and make your decision based on your findings...just because that source said so does not make it 100% true...

What do we know about credibility and data...What relevant data are they talking about...

Every media has their biased.

Care to share what you know or are you simply quoting from source you read from..

Big Phama companies rule the world..just look at the medications that is being fed to so many...all scared into it...i would think...

Most important is your own immune system. You need to help it stay strong not taking more drugs and each drug has some side affect leading to another drug. lol

However it may be a good option in a pandemic to help diffuse the situation and hopefully things will be better and wait they are already telling us about the new normal no one has mentioned to return to pre covid or did i miss something?

Countries are approving it because of the vaccine politics which China is playing right now. They insist travellers getting inoculated with the Sinovac vaccine before they are allowed a shorter quarantine period when they enter China. 

So most of the nations which had so far approved sinovac are those from the 3rd World nations which had a lot of business dealings with China such as the list below :

Azerbaijan

Brazil

Cambodia

Chile

China

Colombia

Dominican Republic

Ecuador

Hong Kong

Indonesia

Lao People's Democratic Republic

Malaysia

Mexico

Philippines

Thailand

Turkey

Ukrain e

Uruguay

Zimbabwe

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Countries are approving it because of the vaccine politics which China is playing right now. They insist travellers getting inoculated with the Sinovac vaccine before they are allowed a shorter quarantine period when they enter China. 

So most of the nations which had so far approved sinovac are those from the 3rd World nations which had a lot of business dealings with China such as the list below :

Azerbaijan

Brazil

Cambodia

Chile

China

Colombia

Dominican Republic

Ecuador

Hong Kong

Indonesia

Lao People's Democratic Republic

Malaysia

Mexico

Philippines

Thailand

Turkey

Ukrain e

Uruguay

Zimbabwe

China can't be trusted. Period.

"Mix the China wine with the dutty wine"

Guest Mang Mang Lai
On 3/30/2021 at 7:54 PM, Guest Guest said:

Registered a few days, still never receive booking sms, only acknowledgement, don't wanna get stuck with sinovac.

You so kang cheong for what.  I heard new advance vaccine and more study of its efficacy are still in progress.  If govt want to administer sinovac, it must first have international approval certificate, otherwise someone will have to jab many different type of vaccine in order to travel. 

Guest English Vegetables

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-who-china-vaccines/sinopharm-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-data-show-efficacy-who-idUKKBN2BN1K8

• 2 months later...
Guest Sinovac

Will you guys wait for the sinovac when its available in private healthcare and dont mind paying for it? 

Do you think that the current one from US will clog your artery or in the long run will have side effects? If the covid is man made and there is a big hidden agenda behind this pandemic. To depopulate human population and to restart the world economy by certain world power. Maybe up against China. But to their surprise China is able to fight against this pandemic quite succesfully and came up with their own vaccine. Will this vaccine be more reliable and safe? 

Guest The rising of 4th Age

I think China use natural element to create vaccine whereas the western world used technology to create it.  If anything goes wrong, Chinese will become the majority human race on planet.

How does a mRNA vaccine compare to a traditional vaccine?

November 16, 2020

How does a mRNA vaccine compare to a traditional vaccine?

What is mRNA, and how do mRNA vaccines work?

Messenger RNA (mRNA) provides a recipe that your cells can use to make proteins. SARS-CoV-2 vaccines include instructions to make one portion of the virus (the spike protein) that is harmless by itself. After injection, the cells in your arm muscles pick up the mRNA, make the protein, and display it on the cell's surface. Your immune system sees the protein and learns how to make an immune response against it. If you are infected with SARS-CoV-2, your immune system recognizes the same spike protein and can quickly induce an immune response to fight the virus.

What are the advantages over other vaccine strategies?

Safety: Unlike live-attenuated or viral-vectored vaccines, mRNA is non-infectious and poses no concern for DNA integration—mainly because it cannot enter the nucleus which contains DNA. Other strategies such as protein-based or inactivated vaccines also require chemicals and cell cultures to produce. mRNA is made through a cell-independent process and does not require inactivation; thus, it poses no safety concerns due to contamination with toxic agents.

Efficacy: mRNA is rapidly degraded in the body, and cells don't readily take up foreign mRNA. Recent technology has modified the mRNA molecule to make it more stable and packaged the molecules in fats (called lipids), increasing cell delivery efficiency. These advances increase the amount of spike protein produced on your cells, thereby stimulating a more effective immune response.

Production: mRNA can be quickly designed and scaled up, if necessary. The manufacturing is sequence-independent, which makes it highly adaptable to different pathogens. The cost is also lower than other platforms and will continue to decrease as the technology expands.

https://www.breakthroughs.com/advancing-medical-research/what-makes-rna-vaccine-different-conventional-vaccine

Exploring Types of Vaccines – Traditional vs. mRNA

January 15, 2021

https://www.anthem.com/blog/living-healthy/exploring-types-of-vaccines/

Knowledge is one key to successfully managing your health. With vaccines being distributed across the nation throughout early 2021, it is important to understand the basics of vaccination.

Not all vaccines work the same way. Traditional vaccinations, like the flu shot, typically introduce a small amount of a virus to the body. This causes you to build immunity against a specific kind of sickness.

But thanks to scientific advancements, a different type of vaccination is on the horizon. Known as messenger RNA (mRNA), these new vaccines are changing how you can stay safe from illness — including COVID-19.

Traditional vaccines

Traditional vaccines work by helping your body develop antibodies, allowing you to fight off infection. There are four main types:

1. Live-attenuated vaccines
    Examples: chickenpox, measles, mumps, rubella
    Live vaccines are highly effective. In fact, just one or two doses can give you long-term immunity.

Because live vaccines contain a small amount of a virus, always check with your doctor before receiving them — especially if you have a weakened immune system.

2. Inactivated vaccines
    Examples: Hepatitis A, flu shot, rabies

Inactivated vaccines use a version of a virus germ that is no longer alive. Like live vaccines, they trigger your body to produce antibodies.

One downside to some inactive vaccines is their short-lived protection. You may need regular doses or a booster shot to stay up to date. (The flu shot is also unique in that because the influenza virus changes slightly year to year, you need to get a new flu shot each year.)

3. Subunit, recombinant, polysaccharide, and conjugate vaccines
    Examples: shingles, HPV, whooping cough

This type of vaccine uses specific pieces of a virus — its protein or sugar — to spark your immune response. Like inactivated vaccines, you may need a booster shot from time to time.
    A major benefit is this type of vaccine can be given to almost anyone who needs it. This includes people with chronic health concerns or weakened immune systems.

4. Toxoid vaccines
    Examples: tetanus, diphtheria

Toxoid vaccines use a small amount of toxin made by the germ that creates disease. They build immunity to the part of the germ causing your body a problem. As with other types of vaccines, you may need booster shots for continued protection.

Next generation vaccines - mRNA

mRNA vaccines are exciting advancements in gene-based research. They work differently than traditional vaccinations. Rather than introducing a virus to your system, messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) works with the cells that make proteins in your body. The mRNA teaches those cells how to make a specific protein to create an immune response against a particular sickness, such as COVID-19.

A few quick facts about mRNA vaccines:

• mRNA vaccines are unique because they do not contain a live virus, so there is no risk of causing sickness in the vaccinated person.
  • mRNA vaccines are highly effective and fast to develop, compared to traditional vaccines, which can take months or years.

mRNA technology has been researched for more than 10 years. It is even being studied for the treatment of wide-spread disease like Zika virus, rabies, the flu, and cancer.

This new vaccine has already given the world hope in halting the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more about the COVID-19 vaccine. Given its promise in the medical field and encouraging results, the potential of mRNA vaccines is a technology worth watching to protect you and your loved ones.

Guest trusted

To put vaccine politics aside, if I am forced to choose, it would be China made vaccines as it's made traditionally which has been proven to be safe, for example Indonesia used Sinovac and not a single death resulted from the vaccine unlike AstraZeneca's has been reported causing blood clot and death in some countries.

Guest Sinovac

I have completed my first dose of pfizer today. No more time to think. After completed my second dose of pfizer, if I am still alive in one piece, can I go for sinovac maybe after few months times. Would there be a clash when west meets east? 

2 hours ago, Guest trusted said:

To put vaccine politics aside, if I am forced to choose, it would be China made vaccines as it's made traditionally which has been proven to be safe, for example Indonesia used Sinovac and not a single death resulted from the vaccine unlike AstraZeneca's has been reported causing blood clot and death in some countries.

More safe not equal to more effective. 

No death could it be no reports? Just like no testing equal no covid. 

1 hour ago, Guest Sinovac said:

I have completed my first dose of pfizer today. No more time to think. After completed my second dose of pfizer, if I am still alive in one piece, can I go for sinovac maybe after few months times. Would there be a clash when west meets east? 

I guess may need to wait at least 6-12 months gap to take sinovac.

The disease expert doctor said we may need to take covid-19 vaccine every 1-2 year like flu vaccine =$

Guest trusted
17 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

More safe not equal to more effective. 

No death could it be no reports? Just like no testing equal no covid. 

I even said if I am forced to choose so it's my choice because it's my body over what others think.

Unlike Singapore where bad news are tightly controlled, it will be impossible to hide bad news in Indonesia where celebrities and social media influencers are endorsed and jabbed with Sinovac.

Guest Singaliar
4 minutes ago, Guest trusted said:

I even said if I am forced to choose so it's my choice because it's my body over what others think.

Unlike Singapore where bad news are tightly controlled, it will be impossible to hide bad news in Indonesia where celebrities and social media influencers are endorsed and jabbed with Sinovac.

on the line laughing GIF by Jenny Lewis

The Sinovac (real name of the vaccine is CoronaVac) is probably safe to take but from the trials less effective as the other old school vaccines.

Efficacy stands somewhere between 49 to 50.7% in the age group up to 59.

WHO has taken the decision on some of the Brazil and Chile trial results to give the approval to Sinovac.

The requirement for WHO is to pass a 50% efficacy.

However, Sinovac has not published complete data from Brazil or Chile and had never supplied any data from their trials within China.

Here the overview of the efficacy as taken by WHO's decision to approve the vaccine:

Vaccine efficacy in Phase 3 trial in Brazil
Vaccine Group Placebo Group Vaccine Efficacy % Group/Subgroup No. at risk No. of cases No. at risk No. of cases (95% CI)
Overall 4953 85 4870 168 50.7 (35.9, 62.0)
Hospitalization (Grade 4+) 4953 0 4870 10 100.0 (56.4, 100.0)
Severe 4953 0 4870 6 100.0 (16.9, 100.0)
Age group 18-59 years 4741 83 4663 164 50.7 (35.8, 62.1)
≥60 years 212 2 207 4 51.1 (-166.9, 91.0)
Interdose interval
<21 days 4184 77 4148 149 49.1 (33.0, 61.4)
21-28 days 769 8 722 19 62.3 (13.9, 83.5)
Comorbidity Any 2731 44 2730 86 48.9 (26.6, 64.5)
Cardiovascular disease 621 6 608 10 39.5 (-66.4, 78.0)
Hypertension 335 0 330 7 100.0 (28.4,100.0)
Obesity 1099 13 1112 50 74.9 (53.7, 86.4)
Type 2 diabetes mellitus 175 3 159 5 48.6 (-115.3, 87.7)

Compared to other vaccines CoronaVac seems to have one of the lowest efficacy rates.

• G_M locked this topic

Bwahahahahahahhahaha

There are idiots who claimed that the China-made vaccine is safer.

OMG, how mortifying.

"More than 350 doctors and medical workers in Indonesia were infected with COVID-19 despite being vaccinated with CoronaVac, Associate Professor Mak noted, "It's not a problem associated with Pfizer. This is actually a problem associated with the Sinovac vaccine, and in other countries, they are now starting to think about booster vaccinations, even six months out from an original vaccination for some of these vaccines as well."

Brush up on your logics before calling other idiots, sister...

The fact that CoronaVac is less effective (in preventing transmission/lessen symptoms) is an entirely different issue from its safety (side effects).

(I'm not claiming CoronoVac is safer, haven't read up sufficiently on this to make any claims yet).

Guest Guest

59 minutes ago, BlinkOnce said:

Brush up on your logics before calling other idiots, sister...

The fact that CoronaVac is less effective (in preventing transmission/lessen symptoms) is an entirely different issue from its safety (side effects).

(I'm not claiming CoronoVac is safer, haven't read up sufficiently on this to make any claims yet).

What's wrong with calling out those idiots who says that China-made vaccine are safer? Shouldn't they be the ones brushing up on their own logic before making such claims, especially now that the same type of technology used in J&J and AZ are causing blood clots in people's brain already. Get your facts right before calling others sister, bitch ...

(I'm also not claiming CoronoVac is dangerous, haven't read up sufficiently on this to make any claims yet).

Only around 50percent efficiency.... Play who wants to be a millionaire ah? 50-50 Chance

Edited by Kimochi

Guest Guest
27 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Only around 50percent efficiency.... Play who wants to be a millionaire ah? 50-50 Chance

50% efficacy still can force the vaccine on poor developing countries and play vaccine politics.  

Xia suay!

• G_M changed the title to Sinovac Vaccine & other Vaccine Discussion (compiled)
  • blowingwind unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.