Male HQ

Thundertea Rice

Guest Rice

Anyone likes to eat thundertea rice? Where is your favourite place? I usually go to lor 1 toa payoh. The hk soya sauce chicken there also not bad but long queue. 

9 hours ago, Guest Rice said:

Anyone likes to eat thundertea rice? Where is your favourite place? I usually go to lor 1 toa payoh. The hk soya sauce chicken there also not bad but long queue. 

127 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #02-39 this one very nice and cheap! 

On 6/13/2021 at 6:36 PM, Kimochi said:

127 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #02-39 this one very nice and cheap! 

Yup. They increased 50cents for white rice thundertea rice. Still quite cheap compared to other place. There is another one near the Bugis Kwan In Temple. 4 dollar I think. But I prefer the one at Toa Payoh cause they open quite early. 

There is another one located at Toa Payoh bus interchange inside Gourmet Paradise. Is not cheap. I haven't try. But its convenience if suddenly got the craving. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 2:01 AM, begleitung said:

Tanjong pagar market has one too!!

I have been there too very long time ago. I think closes quite early too. Commonwealth area also got one. That one I think closes not too early cause I went there for dinner.

On 6/13/2021 at 8:53 AM, Guest Rice said:

One of my favourites! Tried one at a office building canteen at some industrial estate at a very ulu place, can't remember where because I was outstation with a colleague and he drove us there. It was really very good, the queue was long and this stall is a little pricier than usual, yet it has throngs of regulars.

The one at the food center below Toa Payoh interchange isn't bad too. I love Thunder Tea Rice, it's almost like liquid salad.

My favourite is from Thunder Tree, most of the vegetables used come from their own farm and is available for sale too.

I usually order their lei cha kolo mee and always ask for their store made chilli!

22 hours ago, BlowsNwhistles said:

My favourite is from Thunder Tree, most of the vegetables used come from their own farm and is available for sale too.

I usually order their lei cha kolo mee and always ask for their store made chilli!

OH YES! How could I forget the one at Chinatown! 

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

prefer the smith street hawker the couple stall - btw the guy look yummy to me.

next one is the woodland republic food - the sambal chilli is nice except the soup too diluted.

last one is at chinese garden mrt opposite - hardly go there anymore.

my best is still the malaysia JB due to vegestable and thick soup bases

• 1 month later...

I really like the Toa Payoh Lorong 1 Blk 127 hawker centre’s Hometaste Hakka Lei Cha stall. 
https://maps.app.goo.gl/iSxqp3cbvom1kWtj6?g_st=ic

Also in Toa Payoh, Lorong 4 Blk 94. This stall in a kopitiam is pretty good, it also has braised pork in addition to the lei cha and Hakka yong tau foo. 
https://maps.app.goo.gl/W1EJpacsQkN3r2nD9?g_st=ic

I also like:

- Margaret Dr Hawker Centre. Hakka Thunder Tea. Besides the lei cha, their Hakka Yong tau foo is nice too. 
https://maps.app.goo.gl/riSkKVonJkfpS2VQ6?g_st=ic

- Chinatown Complex. Hakka Hamcha and Yong Tou Fu. Very good, one of my go to stalls here. 
https://maps.app.goo.gl/XGbEXYHzSSfhMXbS7?g_st=ic

Edited by Ann_Onn

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.