Male HQ

Can a relationship between a blue collar and a white collar last?

Guest worriedboy

Guest Ai Qing Lai Le

Yes, but first you have to be mature about it, and put in place certain guidelines, such as who pays for what.

If there's real love, not just lust, then things will last a bit longer.

Good luck.

The combination of a blue-collar and a white-collar should result in a light-blue collar.

Like tall men like petite women, and drive small cars,  relationships should exist perfectly well between people of very different educational levels and characters.  My bf of 21 years was not an intellectual like I am,  but he was very smart and full of "people skills".  Everybody liked him, and some even took much advantage of his good nature, empathy, compassion thinking that he was naive.  His strengths were the perfect complement to mine,  and our relationship stayed very strong.

Guest This day and age

In Singapore, some blue collar workers are actually earning more than white collar workers.  My blue collar buddy earns more than me (PMET) because of my depressive wage. Not only that, most blue collar guys have nice sizeable cock.

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, Guest This day and age said:

Not only that, most blue collar guys have nice sizeable cock.

Totally agree.... My Malaysian friend, a renovation contractor. He has a fat long meaty flaccid. 

Guest Depressing PMET guy
7 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Totally agree.... My Malaysian friend, a renovation contractor. He has a fat long meaty flaccid. 

Lucky you.  They are also very passionate in bed and very natural.   Oops!!! am I disclosing too much about them?

It's the heart and hard that keep the relationship going.

Not the occupation. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Cliente
16 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

My bf of 21 years was not an intellectual like I am,  but he was very smart and full of "people skills".  Everybody liked him, and some even took much advantage of his good nature, empathy, compassion thinking that he was naive.  His strengths were the perfect complement to mine,  and our relationship stayed very strong.

No lah, your case deserves its very own thread titled "Can a relationship between a thick skinned guy & a humble one last?"

Guest Gay Face
1 hour ago, Guest Real Six said:

Very hot to see a muscular plumber fucking a fit white collar executive 

These 2 are the best combo 

Don't remind me about my hidden dildo inside the water closet, during CNY and forgotten about it until I called the plumber to fix my water leakage.  He found my most embarassing item.  Luckily, he was very professional and with my gay look, he pretended it was nothing to him.  Nothing happened between us in case you guys are curious to know, though I must say he is a very good looking middle-aged hunk.

4 minutes ago, Guest Gay Face said:

Don't remind me about my hidden dildo inside the water closet, during CNY and forgotten about it until I called the plumber to fix my water leakage.  He found my most embarassing item.  Luckily, he was very professional and with my gay look, he pretended it was nothing to him.  Nothing happened between us in case you guys are curious to know, though I must say he is a very good looking middle-aged hunk.

Aiya. Wasted. 🤣

Guest Gay Face
7 minutes ago, Zealouslogue said:

Aiya. Wasted. 🤣

Wasted that he is not gay.  Saw a wedding ring on his finger. Otherwise I will have more stories to share here and whose knows might even developed a healthy relationship thereafter.  I have fetish for handy man (term as Blue Collar guy)

Guest Real Six
51 minutes ago, Guest Gay Face said:

Who will keep dildo inside water closet... 

Next time put inside fridge, take our still fresh meat while using 🤭

Guest Gay Face
7 minutes ago, Guest Real Six said:

Who will keep dildo inside water closet... 

Next time put inside fridge, take our still fresh meat while using 🤭

The water in the closet kept the resin dildo moist and long lasting.  It is the best place to hide dildo during CNY visitations.

Guest BirdCage

Generally, Blue Collar workers are more down-to-earth and easy to get along.  Their vocations have build them up tremendously, in personality and humble.  White collars tend to be more picky, sensitive and bitchy. 

Guest kaypoh
On 6/17/2021 at 11:34 PM, Guest Gay Face said:

He probably thought you deliberately put it there to "seduce" him

Some of my best loves are with blue collars guys.

Their kindness and life skills are hard to beat. Esp for white collars, one way to enhance communication is to accept what they can offer rather than just what you want.

The first one gave me all the self confidence I never knew was missing. The other one I trust enough to be my lasting power of attorney.

Edited by auscent

On 6/17/2021 at 5:55 PM, Guest Guest said:

Did he renovate your ass?

Guest Chow Chee Bye Sugar-daddy
7 hours ago, lookseelooksee said:

When my boyfriend saw R, he excused himself and went to the toilet. R remarked disapprovingly when E was out of earshot, "You can get better than that." I disagreed but kept quiet.

A year and a half later in late 2006, E and I split up due to a misunderstanding. Later we tried to patch up but the spark was gone.

That sugar-coated bastard is making a rather unfortunate statement about your blue-collar buddy.   I was expecting a happy ending, but it wasn't the case.  Spark lost can still be re-ignited and that is what friction is about, isn't it?

Guest Patchy Patch
16 minutes ago, lookseelooksee said:

we still do keep in touch via WhatsApp by sending holiday greetings to one another as our respective mobile numbers haven't changed since 2005.

If you are still have sex with your broke-up buddy, there is chance of patching up.  Never say never.  When one is alone, and single, we wouldn't want to lose hope on getting back the relationship.  I am sure he will agree.

All relationship can last as long both parties have mutual respect and space by not too clingy or to drama and lived in reallity and by your both means as they  people cant be like you and you can't be liked them take things one at the time. If problem arise talked liked an two aldult get a solution to way out.

Possible but not easy... Imagine if the white collar order grab food or being used to having better food tier and not really into dining into kopi shop cai fan.  Even in shopping, likely white collar will go boutique shopping vs blue collar heading to put up with cheaper tier or value shops.

Lifestyle confirm different. Unless the white collar elevates the blue collar to their lifestyle.

Guest kaypoh
5 hours ago, NE-STR said:

Possible but not easy... Imagine if the white collar order grab food or being used to having better food tier and not really into dining into kopi shop cai fan.  Even in shopping, likely white collar will go boutique shopping vs blue collar heading to put up with cheaper tier or value shops.

Lifestyle confirm different. Unless the white collar elevates the blue collar to their lifestyle.

WTF are you on about?

You think white collar = top 1%, and blue collar = bottom 5%

Geez

Plenty of "white collar" doing it tough, on fairly ordinary salary, and plenty of "blue collar" doing very well.

Guest Accountant

A while ago, I was being fucked by a blue collar worker.  I didn't ask for his occupation,  but he smell like Ham Burger.  Most likely, working in Mcdonald. 

On 6/16/2021 at 1:00 AM, Guest worriedboy said:

Any advice?

This has always EXISTED between the male and female relationship for eons, so why can it not work in gay relationship? How big an observation did you make to find out if your perception is correct or not. Or have you simply took your own relationship circumstance ( as in it happen one more the  one time with a person) and those in your immediate circle to warrant your thinking to be so?

I grant you social snobbery or family caste system can be reasons that cause conflict with lovers breaking up, but that's not the same as a blue collar versus white collar relationship, where the issue is more about individuals trying to be together. With str8 couples, there never was much of this conflict to get in the way. Evolution of human relationship made it so to ensure procreation of our race. Almost distinct roles too for male and female. One male being intellectual/hunter (thus white collar worker) can still get along with female supervisor/gatherer (blue collar worker). In fact, that is usually the case due to female hypergamy.  Gold diggers are the more extreme manifestation, but in general, female will always pick someone better than them to married than a loser who is not a good provider for the family she wants to build and spend her life with. This is a maternal procreation instinct.

But with gays, we are males. Your genetic make up do not include procreation instinct and other attributes like a real female human.

You are operating from the same two male halves as a couple. Thus, I think, biology, personality and shared commonalities that make it difficult to cultivate a str8 couple type relationship. That is the issue.

Sex and physical attraction can only get you so far. Even a guy looking like Tom Cruise, you will get bored one day. All relationship goes thru HONEYMOON phase and it will pass. Too few incentives or biological attachment to keep you bonded unlike a Str8 couple, for example a natural baby you both conceive. (even an adopted child does not have that strong a pull), maternal instinct, hormonal changes and offspring rearing period that also hold you two together.

And if you both do not share same interests, emotional drives, cultural interest..etc, it's natural you will grow apart. You can break up or still stay together but be two minds apart. Will this happen to all gay couples? No. People are complex animals. Like myself, I rather be single going solo. Some guys can't live alone or be alone. Some stick together for all the right reasons, and others for all the wrong.

Why should we MIMIC the lifestyle of ST8s couple or singles? We are GAY MALES. We are programmed from the same side of one template gender. We are not females (even if you feel effeminate or a BTM). As much as females can try to explain and teach you how to be them? You will never ever be them. We gay guys, we have to reinvent relationship and expectations for ourselves. That is how I feel and hope more guys will come to realize this. Our motivation, sought incentives and emotional securities are so different. The sooner we start to see that, the soon we find real happiness and our place in the world. As long as we keep fighting that, we will never ever feel as much peace and love.

Thus, I do not just see a problem of blue collar living with white collar, as in this thread. It is the same conflicts of sort but vocalized in other manners in many threads here and other forum if not real life. The conflicting of two halves of the same coin and why same-sex relationship never last or work more and more. Do not emulate your life experiences, on the str8's as your gay yardstick. At least not in everything. There are parts of what they do that are not compatible with us.

It will hurt, we will fumble as the path to how we should be acting is still not fully realized. Maybe not in our generation. But we have to push forward, think outside the safety lines and outside the norm. And why not? We are outside the str8's norm ain't we guys?

Just a talking point to share.....

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

I have said this for years. You cannot apply a heterosexual relationship model to a homosexual one. Sure there are commonalities, but there are differences as well. 

In terms of blue/white collar, from observation, I think the challenge will always come down to financials. Depending on where the individual is in life, assuming they are both in their mid-30s, the earning power of each of them will be different. The white collar is more likely to be making a higher wage than the blue collar by the hour. While money isn't everything, it does form a large part of existence in the modern life. To make the relationship work, both parties need to have the conversation about money and manage expectations about it. 

Love. 

Guest Hmmmm
1 hour ago, doncoin said:

I have said this for years. You cannot apply a heterosexual relationship model to a homosexual one. Sure there are commonalities, but there are differences as well. 

In terms of blue/white collar, from observation, I think the challenge will always come down to financials. Depending on where the individual is in life, assuming they are both in their mid-30s, the earning power of each of them will be different. The white collar is more likely to be making a higher wage than the blue collar by the hour. While money isn't everything, it does form a large part of existence in the modern life. To make the relationship work, both parties need to have the conversation about money and manage expectations about it. 

No money no love? Is that what you are saying ?

9 minutes ago, Guest Hmmmm said:

No money no love? Is that what you are saying ?

No. I think money is going to play a part in the dynamics of the relationship. It has nothing to do with love, but the day-to-day.

So imagine when you are at a point in your career where you can take a 2 weeks paid vacation and you like to go somewhere. But your partner who is working a blue collar job gets paid by the hour. If he takes those 2 weeks to be with you, it would mean he has no income. Sure he can save before hand to go with you, but it is going to make a bigger impact on him financially than it is for you as you are still getting paid. This is the type of conversation and reality you need to discuss with each other. 

How do you both maintain the relationship? Does this mean the one who is financially more successful pay more? It is little things like that that can make or break a relationship. Establish the boundaries so that there is clarity. 

Love. 

Very hard to work esp if one party suck balls when it comes to money management. 

ie know nuts about financial prudence and only knows how to spend.

Even worse if he is low-pay person with zero basic knowledge of saving or fiscally prudent money management.

Low-pay person or blue collar BUT who knows how to put aside money for rainy day and not a spendthrift gets my vote ANY DAY

Rather than create eventual strains, i rather be ALONE AND HAPPY AND DO WHATEVER I WANT than to put up possibly with a horrible mismatch (for life) 

God forbid

Basically, one must never ever reveal the true state of your financial affairs to anyone at all times. TOP SECRET

Once u have TOTAL SOLE CONTROL over this very important aspect, happiness will flow, regardless whatever color collar u r talking about

Edited by mate69

• 1 month later...
Guest Collars
On 6/23/2021 at 5:28 AM, Guest BIGBro said:

It will work if Blue Collar is Top, White Collar is generous kind (not calculative about money spending) . 

Collars are just jobs. If I'm after money, which I'm not, then I'll go for sugar daddy and be his fuck slave. Selecting compatible partners is a matter of matching varying criteria, each to its own, like characters, intelligent conversation, humour and culture. Choosing friends based on their occupation is just shallow. Well, maybe I should be a shallow cheap slut for Dick Lee. 

This is one topic I often think about. 

Not that it’s relevant to me now because I’m attached. 

But thought I’d paste a blog piece below I wrote some time ago — an experience I had in my younger days :)

==========================

My best girlfriend Nisa recently mentioned that her all-time favourite movie, Young And Dangerous, is on Netflix.

It's a Hong Kong movie about handsome gangsters.

And this stirred up memories.

I have a story that I haven't told many people about.

Stanley my sex bunny friend, whom I've known longer than my partner J, knows this story very well.

"Why the heck are you bringing it up again?" Stanley wanted to know.

"Are you running out of topics for your blog? Just tell me -- I'll do overtime and sleep around more to inspire you," said Stanley who later added that he knew when he was young that being promiscuous would some day help mankind.

The story I'm about to share with you is something very personal. A memory that's been buried deep in my heart.

Stanley later told me that if I wanted to really bury a memory, the heart isn't where it should be kept.

"I know many other parts of the body which are so deep, it can keep a lot of things," he said.

The year was -- okay, I can't remember exactly which year it was. Let's just put the timeline as the late 90s.

It was just months before I did national service, so I was around 19 years old.

And it was also before I met Stanley and Carl.

Whom I did meet back then, was Mike.

And he's central to the story.

Mike is just a year younger than I.

We met in a gay chatroom and since I was single, we decided to meet.

But we were very innocent -- we didn't meet for any hanky panky.

In fact, our first meeting was at a café near Mike's house.

Mike and I are as different as night and day.

In a nutshell, we were from totally different worlds.

I was about to start NS, all geared up for what's to come: Uni life, great friends, lots of partying at bars. And then, maybe a good career and lots and lots of money.

For Mike, he was probably looking at just spending time behind bars -- the caged kind.

Mike, unlike any other gay boy I knew back then, was very different.

He was totally butch. You can't tell he's gay.

If you met Mike back then, you might avoid him.

He was a motorcycle riding gang member (his gang is linked to several temples, he told me) and his family background is complex: His dad is a secret society member and his mum dabbles in illegal gambling businesses.

Stanley, whom I shared the story with years later, was very excited because he always thought that a gangster who knew how to ride was very sexy.

Well, yes, Mike is sexy. And very cute too.

He had thick eyebrows, large puppy eyes, nice floppy hair like Aaron Kowk's, and although he had some belly fat, he was tall and big built and looked like he was willing to slash his parang at anyone who would bully me.

In short, Mike is a fearsome gangster to his friends, but deep in his closet, he's a wholesome gay boy.

I met Mike in that capacity -- the gay boy exploring his sexuality.

So I have never seen or feared him the way his ex-secondary school mates did.

He had scars on his body, and Mike has police records that started when he was 14.

Point is, Mike and I are totally different. Yes, I think I said that already.

Yet, I felt strangely attracted to Mike.

Our first date at the café near his house was rather fun.

We talked about ourselves, and learnt about each other.

He referred to me as the good boy and of course, admitted that he was a really bad boy.

When we ended our first date, I told myself that I did like Mike, but the logical side of me kept pushing back those nice feelings I felt for Mister Bad Boy.

But when Mike asked me for a second date days later, I readily said yes.

This time, we went to drink bubble tea.

And then came the third and fourth dates.

On our fifth date, Mike brought me to his home.

Nobody was home.

I took a quick glance around his flat and noticed there were three altars with ferocious-looking deities in the living room. Mike didn't take me on a tour of his home, because our destination was his bedroom.

On date number five, we finally got intimate. And let's just say that he was indeed young and dangerous.

After the deed, I thought maybe that would mark the end of our, hmm, would I say it's a relationship?

Because if Mike were to be treated as the gangster whom he is, and the player whom he looks to be, then after having sex with me, he would stop calling right?

Was I wrong.

After date number five, Mike seemed to be even softer and more caring.

He told me he liked me, and although we would both likely have very different paths ahead of us, he said he wanted us to give it a try.

"What's the problem. You like me, I like you. That's most important right?"

To be honest, I did like Mike very much.

I liked not just how cute and dashing he is, but also how gentle and caring he is to me.

On date number six, Mike told me to be prepared to spend an entire day with him.

That Saturday morning, he waited for me near my home.

He didn't ride his bike.

I thought, like some of our past dates, we'd hang out at some nearby café or mall.

But five minutes into our meeting, Mike smiled and then raised his hand to flag down a cab.

"Where are we going?"

No answer.

"Just come along -- you promised me your entire day," was the answer.

Of course, I found my answer as soon as we got into the cab: Changi Jetty.

Oh, that's new. I've never been there, I thought to myself.

On the one hand, I was very excited because this is a new adventure.

But damn it, on the other hand, a nagging voice in my head told me to STOP FEELING THIS WAY YOU FOOL... because if you enjoy this too much, you're gonna fall for him. What future do you have with this gangster? Sure, you and him can speak Chinese all day long. But when it's time for you to introduce Mike to your circle of friends, he will never fit in.

And so I went through the entire day with Mike with such a mindset, such a struggle.

I love this day, no I can't love this day. I like Mike, no I can't fall for him.

At Changi Jetty, it turns out that Mike had further plans for us.

And so to Pulau Ubin we went, laughing at every bump of the sea journey there.

We were to spend half the day at the island cycling and laughing and looking at strange insects, watching out for wild boars. Resting under a tree. And then cycling some more.

Nobody in my circle of friends would have come up with such a spontaneous, adventurous date.

Don't enjoy this day, Adam. Don't fall for him, Adam. He's a good date, he's a good fuck, he's not going to be a good boyfriend or husband. Don't look at him in his eyes. Don't melt when he smiles at you. 

By late afternoon, after we returned our bikes, Mike and I took a stroll along Pulau Ubin.

He held my hand as we walked along the island.

I swear if he had proposed to me there and then, I might not have the logical mind to say no.

We then left for hawker food back on the mainland, where Mike ordered cockles among other things.

I remember because Mike lit up the whole time, his eyes sparking with joy as he sucked noisily on cockles while edging me on to try them 'cos they were his favourite food.

It was a most romantic day: Spontaneous, enjoyable, innocent and very puppy love-like.

That night, Mike sent me home and we rode the bus together.

He held my hand at the back of the bus.

He asked if I had a good time.

Of course I had.

To this date, it is one of the most romantic dates I had been on.

Then Mike popped the question.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" my handsome gangster asked.

To this day, I cannot imagine that as a hot-blooded 19 year old, I would allow my head to rule over my heart.

Though my heart had melted and that I really did like Mike, at the end of the day, the true boss was my head.

And my head told me to get real. To not be fooled by this exciting wave of romance.

He's not good for you. Not good enough. You're not going to be happy. You're from two totally different worlds. 

I was telling myself all these thing which should rightfully have come out of the mouth of a concerned, uptight mother chiding her daughter.

That night, though it broke my heart, and most of all, Mike's, I let go of his hand on the bus, and told him: "Mike, let's just be friends."

Of course, I'm in a very happy, long-term relationship with my partner J now.

But I sometimes ask myself. If I could turn back time, would I have said yes to Mike? And what would become of us?

I don't know.

I don't have any regrets.

Perhaps, the only regret I have is that I did not allow myself to fully let go, and fully enjoy that entire day of Date Number Six with Mike. Our final date.

---------------------------

Adam's stories are based on real life events and inspired by real people

i dont think why now. I personally dated a technician for a car workshop, and now dating a delivery guy for processed food company. Both no hiccup, and well. don't think about the work status / level when you love someone. Just focus on both of you. of course, attitude can be different, as they  might be rough, or talk without think twice but do remember what they working as. Working environment or how they brought up created who they are. It's depends on whether you can tolerate that or not. :)

I agree that social status / SES shouldn’t be a big factor in a relationship 

For every negative story we hear of such couples, there’s gonna a positive one 

One of my girl friends married a guy who’s blue collared. When they quarrel, the guy will sometimes bring up the fact that he’s not as smart as my friend because he’s not a graduate. 

Then again I also have another friend who’s a Phd researcher who married a kampong boy in Malaysia who can’t speak English. Both of them are so happily in love  

If you are a white collar and he is a blue collar,  just give him one of your white t-shirts and then you are both wearing white collar.

I make this dumb comment because I cannot find much serious problems when partners have different levels of education.

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

If you are a white collar and he is a blue collar,  just give him one of your white t-shirts and then you are both wearing white collar.

I make this dumb comment because I cannot find much serious problems when partners have different levels of education.

T shirt has no collar.

😊

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Is all depend on how spice up your relationshipand stability of the mindset of each individual couple. Personal respect and space as well mutual trust is very important. The most ruin relationship or collapse is when the other party start galavanting outside till they forget that they have mutual commitment regardless of gay coule or straight couple. Is not about white or blue collar relataionship is about pride dignity annd trust is most important.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.