Male HQ

Meeting @ Joya Onsen Cafe

There is a new Japanese concept onsen opening in the west at 511 upper Jurong road, Arena Country Club. (Not to be confused with Aranda Country Club which is at Pasir Ris.) Nearest Mrt is Joo Koon. Opposite Singapore Discovery Centre and SAFTIMI. 

Starting this topic for y'all out there to discuss about this place and to plan any meetup if need be. 

They have a website, facebook and Instagram for any information. 

Arena is revamping new management takeover...once the ulu country clubs and safe to cruise play exhibit fun sex even the sauna shiok from afternoon to evening. Even the gym also nice. 

Now they want to make full use of the building. That is why the swim pool taken over by one of the contractor which you will see lots kids swim lessons. 

For the good part is something new like onsen and the revamp badminton courts. 

Can't wait to go back to some country clubs once it is open. 

Open in July 2021.

Going for Pay per entry. It is not that big in terms of space. If wanna compare...both Kallang Wave, Spa Nes or gspa or spa1wellness they are all bigger. 

Edited by BudakFit
15 hours ago, eminent82 said:

wow, finally an onsen in the west. can't wait for it open. from the pic, it seems like the sauna is visible to the pool users outside so no play play ah😆

Yes I think their main key selling point is to make you reserve their private onsen.  

See the location is opposite SAFTI so strategically placed to give soldiers an opportunity to de stress themselves and subsequently attract slutty ladies and gays over. 

Outcome : HSHS (yameteh yameteh ~) mass orgy (iku iku ! Ahhhh!~~~) and sometimes news headlines.  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 2:30 PM, Kimochi said:

Yes I think their main key selling point is to make you reserve their private onsen.  

See the location is opposite SAFTI so strategically placed to give soldiers an opportunity to de stress themselves and subsequently attract slutty ladies and gays over. 

Outcome : HSHS (yameteh yameteh ~) mass orgy (iku iku ! Ahhhh!~~~) and sometimes news headlines.  :lol:

was secretly crying why this wasnt up during my cadet or NS days. else will be a great place to go during nights out. 🤣

from their instagram video, it seems like there is only one big pool for "swimming" in heated water😆. Hope they show how the private onsen room look like. Nevertheless, will still give it a try when it opens officially since it is not too far from home

hi Guys,
i made a booking, arrived at 11am today, & left at 12.30pm. I have more BAD points than GOOD points, in case u wanna know what's my rating of this place, which is low.

WHAT DOES YUNOMORI [YO] DOES BETTER JOYA?
1) YO has many pools,
Joya only has 2, one hot & one cold.

the hot one is slightly hotter than warm water, & the cold pool is ROOM TEMPERATURE, so i felt it was a waste of my time soaking... when its just plain water =(

2) YO got steam room, Joya don't have.

3) YO got a Sauna, Joya's Sauna has a see-through-glass***SO U CANNOT CRUISE... anything u do inside, the guys in the hot pool can see!!!
4) some Athletes have this habit of plunging into freezing cold water,  after using the sauna... & that's not possible coz Joya's pool is not chlling cold, its just room temp.
5) have u been to KEYBOX? the size of Joya's Locker is bigger than KEYBOX, but much smaller than YO.
6) there's a LONG table with mirrors for u to dress up at YO, Joya's space is SQUEEZY =(
7) can cruise inside the Changing Room? Cannot, coz Joya's space is SQUARISH & SMALL, not conducive.
8 ) YO has an option for u to press for water to be dispensed into a pail/bucket, Joya does not have that option> PURELY USE THE SHOWER HEAD only.
9)  YO got a dining area that can fit more than 20 people, Joya's space is quite cram.

10) YO has an authentic ONSEN FEEL coz its hot & stuffy inside, but Joya is WELL VENTILATED & cooling, while i am bathing i can feel cool air flowing in from the gaps at the Ceiling, 

11) YO has the EXACT ONSEN BATHING EXPERIENCE like Japan... Joya DOES NOT PRACTICE SAFE DISTANCING OF 1 METRE, so the area for u to bath is very cramp, & U MITE TOUCH THE GUY BATHING NEXT TO U, coz there is practically no gap btw 1 showering-cubicle & the next.

WHAT DOES JOYA DO BETTER THAN YO?
1) no charge for Towels for now,
2) they give u 1 Yukata to wear, & its very high quality.

that's all,
i didn't have time to eat coz at 1pm there was a Media Conference, & i had to leave. in my next post below, i will posts 4 pictures, i will share them on my dropbox & provide u the Dropbox-Link-later. Thx.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:09 PM, Muslex79 said:

Anyone used the private onsen? How’s it?

here is a picture of the receipt: https://mega.nz/file/42w0SRaD#dKhw2sz-WO8EF2c92nsxreQIPrSUmzfMe16i9km69nY

after discount, pay $79.20 for 2 people for the PRIVATE ONSEN. i didn't go for it, i just asked for the price, FYI.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:27 PM, 30yochinese said:

here is a picture of the receipt: https://mega.nz/file/42w0SRaD#dKhw2sz-WO8EF2c92nsxreQIPrSUmzfMe16i9km69nY

after discount, pay $79.20 for 2 people for the PRIVATE ONSEN. i didn't go for it, i just asked for the price, FYI.

Oh okok. Hmm a bit pricey. For 2 person like paying for hotel room😅 thanks anyway

On 8/21/2021 at 5:49 PM, Muslex79 said:

Why is that so? Mind sharing?

1) Water quality. They said they added minerals. It feels like just normal water. Your skin feels drier after soaking.

2) The pool is ONE humongous pool shared by male, female, and private onsens. The lousily constructed artificial bamboos partitioned the ONE pool into the male, female, and private onsens. But essentially, they share the same water.

You can hear the groups of female customers screaming like it was their first time seeing each other naked.

3) Unprofessional staff. They hired some young punks to manage the cafe. Totally unbelievable.

4) No resting area.

5) Super small.

6) Locker room is damn small.

7) The shoe “locker” is just a cheapskate shoe rack beside the reception. Not just look cheap, but also limited number. When it gets crowded, I don’t know where the customers are going to place their shoes.

8) Food quality. I had their hot no-sugar soybean milk. It tasted like regular soybean milk diluted 5x with water.

9) Overall layout. Terrible.

10) The male onsen only has FIVE shower seats. Can you believe it? And the water pressure of the shower head is weaker than the urine pressure of my dick.

And I can’t believe they’re charging the same price as Yunomori Onsen. 
If Yunomori Onsen is a 10, Joya is definitely below 1.

Not to also mention the secluded location.

If they want to choose such a location, they had better make it better than Yunomori onsen.

It was my first and last time there.

Edited by Forumer
On 8/19/2021 at 3:05 PM, 30yochinese said:

hi Guys,
i made a booking, arrived at 11am today, & left at 12.30pm. I have more BAD points than GOOD points, in case u wanna know what's my rating of this place, which is low.

WHAT DOES YUNOMORI [YO] DOES BETTER JOYA?
1) YO has many pools,
Joya only has 2, one hot & one cold.

the hot one is slightly hotter than warm water, & the cold pool is ROOM TEMPERATURE, so i felt it was a waste of my time soaking... when its just plain water =(

2) YO got steam room, Joya don't have.

3) YO got a Sauna, Joya's Sauna has a see-through-glass***SO U CANNOT CRUISE... anything u do inside, the guys in the hot pool can see!!!
4) some Athletes have this habit of plunging into freezing cold water,  after using the sauna... & that's not possible coz Joya's pool is not chlling cold, its just room temp.
5) have u been to KEYBOX? the size of Joya's Locker is bigger than KEYBOX, but much smaller than YO.
6) there's a LONG table with mirrors for u to dress up at YO, Joya's space is SQUEEZY =(
7) can cruise inside the Changing Room? Cannot, coz Joya's space is SQUARISH & SMALL, not conducive.
8 ) YO has an option for u to press for water to be dispensed into a pail/bucket, Joya does not have that option> PURELY USE THE SHOWER HEAD only.
9)  YO got a dining area that can fit more than 20 people, Joya's space is quite cram.

10) YO has an authentic ONSEN FEEL coz its hot & stuffy inside, but Joya is WELL VENTILATED & cooling, while i am bathing i can feel cool air flowing in from the gaps at the Ceiling, 

11) YO has the EXACT ONSEN BATHING EXPERIENCE like Japan... Joya DOES NOT PRACTICE SAFE DISTANCING OF 1 METRE, so the area for u to bath is very cramp, & U MITE TOUCH THE GUY BATHING NEXT TO U, coz there is practically no gap btw 1 showering-cubicle & the next.

WHAT DOES JOYA DO BETTER THAN YO?
1) no charge for Towels for now,
2) they give u 1 Yukata to wear, & its very high quality.

that's all,
i didn't have time to eat coz at 1pm there was a Media Conference, & i had to leave. in my next post below, i will posts 4 pictures, i will share them on my dropbox & provide u the Dropbox-Link-later. Thx.

😆 Thanks for sharing.. Seeing this review, I will make a skip. It is so far somemore.

BAD NEWS: their official facebook page DOES NOT have any videos showing the inside of the Onsen.

GOOD NEWS: U can see a video here, but be prepared...Compare this to Yunomori Onsen... its a ranking of 3/10, versus Yuno which is ranked 10-out-of-10 by me.

https://fb.watch/7DxOtxVNRY

On 8/21/2021 at 8:09 PM, Forumer said:

1) Water quality. They said they added minerals. It feels like just normal water. Your skin feels drier after soaking.

2) The pool is ONE humongous pool shared by male, female, and private onsens. The lousily constructed artificial bamboos partitioned the ONE pool into the male, female, and private onsens. But essentially, they share the same water.

You can hear the groups of female customers screaming like it was their first time seeing each other naked.

3) Unprofessional staff. They hired some young punks to manage the cafe. Totally unbelievable.

4) No resting area.

5) Super small.

6) Locker room is damn small.

7) The shoe “locker” is just a cheapskate shoe rack beside the reception. Not just look cheap, but also limited number. When it gets crowded, I don’t know where the customers are going to place their shoes.

8) Food quality. I had their hot no-sugar soybean milk. It tasted like regular soybean milk diluted 5x with water.

9) Overall layout. Terrible.

10) The male onsen only has FIVE shower seats. Can you believe it? And the water pressure of the shower head is weaker than the urine pressure of my dick.

And I can’t believe they’re charging the same price as Yunomori Onsen. 
If Yunomori Onsen is a 10, Joya is definitely below 1.

Not to also mention the secluded location.

If they want to choose such a location, they had better make it better than Yunomori onsen.

It was my first and last time there.

Couldn't agree more. Such a terrible place.