Male HQ

Confession #1

BlinkOnce

"Ever since I started working out and having a body that I guess is more desirable to most guys, I haven't been able to say to sex. I feel like in someway, i still am the same insecure guy that I was in the past and desire for nothing more than to be wanted. I feel like this lust is starting to affect my friendships and work. I'm unable to have meaningful friendships with men because I sexualize everything in my head. I've since stopped trying to make gay friends because it always ends up with sex. In someways, i feel like this whole gay culture is just breeding a sense of hopelessness. And it certainly doesn't help that im perpetuating this culture by sleeping around. I don't really know why i'm even typing this. I just am desperate for more attention, as I've always been I guess. Maybe this is just me trying to find meaning in all this and trying to find hope in a love that's real and pure. Yeah, thanks for listening.."

- From my personal point of view, I agree with you that all these struggles stem from your insecurity. My two cent is that, maybe don't be so hard on yourself. Burdening yourself with guilt will only back-fire. Just make peace with all these lustful feelings. They are understandable given your past insecurity and new found attention from guys. I believe that in the near future, once you have gotten used to your new self and confidence, you will start to find your needs for meaningful connections coming back.

P.S. we men are horny creatures, but it doesn't mean that we gay men are unable to develop deep connections. Some might shut it off due to past trauma of rejections, and use sex as a less vulnerable way to connect. Speaking from experience, I believe that if you extend your warmth and goodwill to make a meaningful connections, people will almost always reciprocate. Learn to give first without thinking of taking back. Be the one to break the viscous cycle of the "gay culture".

_BlinkOnce_

• 3 weeks later...

Divert some attention from being desirable now,  even with all its pitfalls,  to plan and dedicate efforts to remain desirable for the near and far future.  What can you do today that will keep you desirable 10, 20, 30, 40...50 years in the future.   Care more for your health today than for the attention you receive.  Start building up a reserve of libido, cum (figuratively) for the days of middle age.  Don't do today anything in the fast lane that could wear you out.  

Hope for a love that is real and pure?   Isn't real good enough?  What does it need to be 'pure'?  Is love like olive oil?

And what is this problem with meaningful friendship?  

(I have never quite understood why sex is in conflict with friendship.  Cannot the two work in synergy? )