Male HQ

How To Cruise in Sauna / Pool / Gym + Cruising Etiquette - Guides For Newbies + How to tell if someone is cruising?(Compiled)

Guest scarlet

• Guest locked and locked this topic
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • G_M unlocked this topic
19 hours ago, Guest Max said:

What are the do & dont in sauna. Do smile a lot and Dont stand still like stamford raffles in sauna.

Look out for making new friends.

LOL at the second sentence. But making friends can be quite difficult for most people though :)

Will you be my valentine's? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Don't be desperate.

But don't act as a vase or blend in with wall paper.

Que sara sara whatever will be will be.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

5 minutes ago, fab said:

Don't be desperate.

But don't act as a vase or blend in with wall paper.

Que sara sara whatever will be will be.

fab

but there are way too many models and vase

worst, some cannot be touched by uncles like me

esp in KB, C

17 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

matthew is flashing the pink dot everywhere

He is the ambassador.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 2 months later...

I see the term "cruise" being used a lot. I've consulted Google-sensei and I have a rough idea of what it is, but what I don't know is how do you go about "cruising"? Is this an acquired skill that comes with experience, or is there a set of (un)spoken rules/guidelines/terms/whatever?

• G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2013 at 4:47 PM, guaitai111 said:

Just hit on anything you see lah. Someday you'll get it

right.. just like throwing everything on the wall and see what sticks.

• G_M changed the title to Tips / Tactics on Cruising?
On 8 September 2016 at 3:50 PM, kazefuku said:

I see the term "cruise" being used a lot. I've consulted Google-sensei and I have a rough idea of what it is, but what I don't know is how do you go about "cruising"? Is this an acquired skill that comes with experience, or is there a set of (un)spoken rules/guidelines/terms/whatever?

Guest Gagged
On February 14, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Traveler3032 said:

I have one interesting story in Shanghai a few years back when I was younger . I was waiting for a bus in people's park. A guy came to me and chitchatted a bit and figured out I was not a local. Somehow his hand touched the front of my shorts and felt my  cock. I was stunned and walked away. He wasn't too attractive anyway. I know that People's park is a notorious cruising ground at night. But that incident happened during daylight. I was just amused.

You were probably in People's Square (Ren Min Guang Chang), not People's Park (Ren Min Gong Yuan), which is further north on the other side of the Symphony Hall and Municipal Building. And you were right to not pursue anything with him. People's Square used to have normal guys at night, at least as normal as PRCs can be, but it has become overrun with money boys in recent years, not to mention thieves, who are sometimes one and the same.

Guest Noob bi

Hi, can anyone guide me to cruise in sauna. I am a bottom, have been to TMC twice but no luck.

First time in TMC was on a weekend afternoon around 1 pm, sparsely filled. Try walking around maze no people, went to steam room and sat in dark corner, 2 guys came in with towel covered their cock, walked around and went out. Tried lying on my back in one of the room with door slightly open, one guy came in, started to fondle my nipple, caress my body and touch my ass and my cock, i didnt know how to react to this so i just act as though i was sleeping and my cock wasnt erect as i was nervous. The person left. Shortly another guy came and caress my body briefly and left. I left TMC shortly after as i was bored out without any action.

Second time i went to TMC on a friday evening around 10 plus pm, same thing it was sparsely filled abit more people then my first visit. Walked around the maze, there was a Caucasian walking around and we look at each other briefly when we walk passed each other, the next time i saw him, he was standing around but he didnt approach me, i think he wasnt interested in me, l left the maze and went to the steam room, he came in shortly in went in. i sat in the dark corner and he sat at another corner, he released his towel and started to masturbate i think becoz i couldnt see clearly, just when i was pondering whether to approach him or not, another guy came in and sat between us, the Caucasian wrapped up his towel and left, shortly i left too and i went around the maze to look for him but wasnt able to find him. shortly i left as there wasnt much people in steam room or maze.

How should i react to all this scenario?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well if they are cruising, mostly, they will be dressed in resort wear, wearing sunglasses, a hat or cap maybe. Some may be sipping a Maitai or some fruity tropical cocktail, and probably a bottle of suntan lotion or sun block nearby. That's how you tell if someone is cruising. Of course, most important part, it takes place on a cruise ship. :frustrated:

Love. 

It depends on each individual cruiser....theres the normal who can juz do like a 2 second glance at ur face and be done with it (wun see u liao)

professional who only glances about 0.5secs (megafast glances and imprints on their memory)......or the desperate who will always turn to see the other guys and will take their own sweet time to scan others (specially hotties) from head to toe and stay the LONGEST in the toilets bcos the hotties r still there....and in the process..keep hopping cubicle to cubicle or urinal to urinal...as in....u go pee u saw him...den 1/2 hour u go toilet to shit...he still there loitering...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Chooony
On 17/01/2017 at 0:43 AM, kinky kyle said:

I had someone standing blantantly behind me, happily rubbing his dick through his shorts and groaning. I feel more disgusted than flattered.

With you looks, why still so choosy?

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2008 at 11:22 AM, Guest guest said:

An obvious case is when a guy chooses to go next to you at the urinal and starts to steal glances at your dick. Then to attract your attention he might consciously fondle with his prick to excite u and signal to u.

I am actually wondering why do guys need to cruise in toilets and take the risks of playing in the cubicles and get embarrassed possibly??. Is it for the thrills?? These days there are so many i/net chat rooms, web sites eg BW to make contacts, arrange to meet and can hv fun in safer place.

Any views??

Its thrilling to a certain extend lor. In chats..u both ask and answer and ask and answer. No suspense..further more, sometimes those type u really like..u dun get to see them in apps.

1 hour ago, Guest ta.neeklng said:

Just want to ask, for male saunas in condos, is it ok to be naked or should wear some shorts or trunks. Is it acceptable to be totally naked on  sauna?

Why U must come here to ask? U monkey see, monkey do la! They strip, you strip. They dressed, you dress.

Guest LTRpossible

is LTR possible with a guy u met and have sex at sauna?

moreover he is 7 yrs older than me in early 40s. He is quite manly and seem to be caring.

We had dinner after our fun and we left contact.

I had never been in a relationship, but I wonder is LTR feasible with some1 u had fun in sauna? He claimed he seldom visit sauna. I'm also, just that I felt very horny and decide to pay a visit.

58 minutes ago, Guest LTRpossible said:

moreover he is 7 yrs older than me in early 40s. He is quite manly and seem to be caring.

I had never been in a relationship, but I wonder is LTR feasible with some1 u had fun in sauna? He claimed he seldom visit sauna. I'm also, just that I felt very horny and decide to pay a visit.

Why  not? I had many asking me for contact and become their boyfriend... If you had fondness for each other why not?

11 hours ago, Guest LTRpossible said:

Its possible... just don't put ur expectation to high. Or u will be in the same boat as me :(

Try to keep it as casual as possible n don't trust 100% on everything he said.... like the "seldom visit sauna"....

Edited by ZKT279

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, oRihS said:

Is it a good idea to go to sauna with your boyfriend and make out (with each other only)?

I don't see why not. It's much cheaper and safer than hotels. Provided both of you are not the super discreet type cuz you never know who you might bump into in the sauna.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Guest Iamgayslave said:

Hi guys cab anyone guide me on how to cruise in public place???

Smile n start a convo on the weather or lifestyle or whatever abt the current affairs.slowly or inbetween the convo try to relate or divert to sexual topic or m2m sex.usually works for me.

Men r nice n kind creature on earth.somehow they will entertain n give in

Hahaha.one or two might feel unhappy n reject.take it easy n move to the next one

Hehe

Edited by cutejack

Guest btm uncle

Actually, place, time and why is most important for cruising. 

You go to a cruising place at the right time to meet the right people for sex. 

Like the olden days, you cruise near the red light district and after midnight because straight or gays were looking for sex. The gays will be separate from the straights but the gays ahguas will attract some bisexuals to come over. Even in Bangkok when you have the straight red light district of Patpong, the gay pubs will be nearby.

So if they are looking for sex and you are offering, you will sense who's horny and purposely walk the dim corners looking. If both are hungry then it's very fast to click and go straight to action. 

It doesn't have to be a cruising place. It just worked for me last night at Bedok swimming pool. I was admiring this other guy sharing the laps lane with me. He followed me to the toilet and smiled at me a couple of times. I smiled back, went to him and gave him my mobile. Cruising success!

Unless your gaydar is so finely tuned. I'd say do cruise at an appropriate place.

eg. I certainly wouldn't be able to smile and follow dudes to the toilet at my condo pool or office toilet.

19 hours ago, TopChinese said:

It doesn't have to be a cruising place. It just worked for me last night at Bedok swimming pool. I was admiring this other guy sharing the laps lane with me. He followed me to the toilet and smiled at me a couple of times. I smiled back, went to him and gave him my mobile. Cruising success!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

terrible !

Saw an uncle (definitely older than me, 1mth older is also older than me)

walk into a toilet (at the fashion dist of sg)  in a way that he is "expecting" something

as I move from the urinal to the basin

saw him dishing out his (nothing to rave about length) dick w his biz trousers close to kneecap, and his purple undies all flashed out as though superman or superuncle has decided to change colour
goodness!

and upon walking out to wait for lift, I saw him came out with his eyes roving

(he must be one of the staff of the restaurants in that mall)

p/s : don't have to pm me where is this place, goodness

Guest 72%dark

Cruising is an activity undertaken in a public place with the ultimate goal of initiating a sexual (or romantic) encounter with a stranger. 

It therefore involves: 

1. scrutinizing the other people present to determine who might be suitable targets—those of the relevant gender, sexual orientation and possibly other traits, and crucially those who might return the interest of the cruiser and be open to establishing a connection; 
  2. broadcasting the cruiser’s availability to other cruisers and/or interest to a potential target.

Because (1) requires looking at the other people present, the first and most basic means of cruising involves making eye contact. The duration and frequency of eye contact, as well as what can be ‘read’ in each other’s eyes, are often sufficient to suggest whether two people are interested in each other or not. 

In addition to (or instead of) eye contact, any other behavior relevant to a specific place/situation (and not deemed too risky) might be used. For example:

• loitering for an unusually long time at a specific place (e.g. at a urinal);
  • standing unusually close to a stranger;
  • repeatedly walking back and worth within line of sight of a target to attract their attention;
  • touching/adjusting oneself provocatively while clothed to attract attention (e.g. adjusting one’s cock or scratching one’s balls, pulling up/down one’s clothing to reveal some skin, opening one’s legs wide while seated to invite a look up the pant legs, soaping oneself slowly at a shower);
  • deliberately exposing one’s genitals and/or signs of one’s arousal;
  • deliberate non-verbal signals such as nodding, pointing, lewd gestures, tapping of feet under a toilet stall partition;
  • deliberately brushing against someone while walking by in a place that is otherwise not spatially restricted;
  • other forms of deliberate physical contact (suspiciously prolonged contact with an innocent body part, outright groping of a more intimate part);
  • peeking at someone in a private place or staring in a pointedly lascivious manner at their body parts;
  • verbal communication, suggestive or explicit.

What makes cruising a game of subterfuge in most places is the need to broadcast one’s intentions with sufficient obviousness for the intended target to catch while remaining undetected to non-targets, who might react with outrage and raise the alarm if they realized what was being conspired. Since many of the above are too risky in typical public situations (and some would be considered harassment to an unreceptive target), the safest fallback is always eye contact.

As a form of discreet non-verbal communication, what makes eye contact particularly useful for cruising is the fact that your eyes don’t ‘lie’. There is scientific research showing that longer gaze fixation times and pupil dilation correlate with sexual interest and arousal. (Pupillary response is especially revealing because it is not under conscious control and therefore cannot be faked.){fn.1} Therefore, if you know how to ‘read’ what you see in someone’s eyes, you can make a pretty good guess about their level of interest in you. There is some truth in the old saying that the eyes are the windows to the soul.{fn.2}

——

Fn.1

Janice Attard-Johnson, Markus Bindemann & Caoilte Ó Ciardha. 2016. Pupillary Response as an Age-Specific Measure of Sexual Interest. Archives of Sexual Behavior 45, 855–870. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4820473/

Janice Attard-Johnson, Markus Bindemann & Caoilte Ó Ciardha. 2017. Heterosexual, Homosexual, and Bisexual Men’s Pupillary Responses to Persons at Different Stages of Sexual Development. The Journal of Sex Research 54:9, 1085–1096. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/00224499.2016.1241857

Fn.2

“The so-called pupillary light response isn’t just a mechanical reaction to the amount of ambient light, as is the aperture on a camera. Instead, the pupils also adjust according to our emotions and expectations. Thus, the eyes may be the windows to the soul, but the pupils tell a lot about what’s going on in the mind of another person.” (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/talking-apes/201512/your-eyes-really-are-the-window-your-soul)

Guest 72%dark

Now that I’ve explained what cruising is, I can define anti-cruising. It is the opposite of cruising, namely any behavior performed in public in order to advertise to one or more persons that the anti-cruiser is not interested in them and not receptive to advances.

In a place where cruising can take place openly, such as in a gay sauna, the behaviors are more explicit. For example: when you look at someone and attempt to make eye contact but he deliberately turns his face away; when you approach someone to initiate contact and he deliberately walks away just as you are reaching; when you reach out to touch someone and he pushes or slaps your hand away; when you talk to someone and he ignores you; etc.

In other public places where cruising takes place covertly (e.g. a gym), the behaviors are more subtle and you need to be more attentive to small cues of body language. 

The telltale sign is complete and utter refusal to make any eye contact. This becomes obvious after all while – particularly if you observe a person on multiple occasions – because it contrasts with the normal behavior of strangers. When a straight man sees other men in a gym, he doesn’t view them as objects of sexual/romantic interest, but it doesn’t mean he doesn’t see them at all, or see them as objects of curiosity. He may admire the body of another guy and wonder how to achieve it, he may wonder about other mundane stuff like what the other guy is wearing, etc. In other words, a normal guy in a gym doesn’t studiedly ignore the other men there and carefully avert his gaze whenever another guy is around. If another person comes into his line of sight and approaches very close, it is normal to have at least a brief flicker of eye contact, acknowledging the other person’s presence and assessing what the person’s intentions might be in approaching (e.g. to share the equipment? etc.).

However, a person who is anti-cruising will actively avoid making eye contact with the person(s) he is trying to repel. Often, the direction of his gaze is kept so controlled, so consistently away from the target, that it’s as if the target is invisible. And yet when the target gets close, he may ‘coincidentally’ move away, showing that he is alert to the target’s presence without actually looking directly at the target. If moving away isn’t possible, he will tend to keep his gaze fixed on some artificial spot, like looking down at the floor even though there is nothing there to see, or focused on some invisible point in the middle distance. When walking past the target, he will either keep his gaze fixed rigidly ahead as if not seeing anything else, or he will turn his face away from the target. When he is forced to be near to the target, his body language will be tense and stiff in a defensive sort of way. The clincher is if you observe him sneaking a peek at the target when he thinks no one is looking, but the moment the target is in eye contact range his gaze will snap away. (The mirrors at a gym facilitate this kind of thing.) In general you will observe him making normal eye contact with other people, and only avoiding eye contact with specific people. If he does make eye contact with the person he’s anti-cruising (e.g. accidentally, being caught by surprise, or being forced to because the target spoke to him), then the narrowing of his eyes/pupillary constriction/the tensing of his facial muscles betrays his antipathy to the person.

In a place like a gym, where you come to recognize the regulars quite quickly after joining, you’ll soon suspect you’re being anti-cruised by someone because you’d have exchanged eye contact with everyone else at some point—except that person, who will always pointedly ignore you. Your confirmation will come when you observe him checking out and making eye contact with other guys or even actively cruising other guys. Sometimes, supplementary evidence suggesting he is gay will help corroborate your suspicions.

• 5 weeks later...

On average how many times do u have fun with till  u leave the sauna?

State your orientation eg Top, 1 bJ/fondling/petting and 1-2 deeper sex experience ,

do u stay overnite? Yes, for me if no catch for the day earlier or too late to rush home by then

need to be a bit more daring. walk pass and "accidentally" brush your hands on him, then stand beside him. If he is not interested he will ignore or walk away. If interested he will initiate some thing like putting his hand on you. you would not get every guy but will get hits most of the time. Guys at sauna are already horny.

if you are shy, just stand beside the guy, maybe remove your towel, let him.make the first move. If not interrsted he will walk away.

you can be sitting in front of a guy, masturbating and sitting ur fingers up your ass and most of them will just stand there looking at you.

TMC guys tend to be less daring.

1 hour ago, Guest bigt said:

need to be a bit more daring. walk pass and "accidentally" brush your hands on him, then stand beside him. If he is not interested he will ignore or walk away. If interested he will initiate some thing like putting his hand on you. you would not get every guy but will get hits most of the time. Guys at sauna are already horny.

if you are shy, just stand beside the guy, maybe remove your towel, let him.make the first move. If not interrsted he will walk away.

you can be sitting in front of a guy, masturbating and sitting ur fingers up your ass and most of them will just stand there looking at you.

TMC guys tend to be less daring.

good points shared but why remove towel??????

ie a very not-this-era style

towel draped around shoulders is cos the focus is on his undies or pkge

if he would to wrap w towel down there, then one will not see his focus

caps and sandals are creepy indeed, esp so dark, why darken your facial feature in a dark sauna

but the ans is obvious why he need a cap

many doesn't know that long wearing of cap means creating heat under the cap for your hair

11 hours ago, Guest Troglo said:

Dunno why but sandals, towel draped around shoulders seem creepy and I avoid. Worse, baseball caps and man buns, pony tails.

Guest Power top
2 hours ago, Guest bigt said:

need to be a bit more daring. walk pass and "accidentally" brush your hands on him, then stand beside him. If he is not interested he will ignore or walk away. 

If he's not interested, DON'T PERSIST. Nothing is more annoying than guys who persist and touch.

The worst lot are the losers who walk past and just grab your cock. 

• G_M changed the title to How To Cruise in Sauna / Pool / Gym + Cruising Etiquette - Guides For Newbies + How to tell if someone is cruising?(Compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.