Male HQ

Cooking smell

Guest Smell

Guest Smell

The window of my room open to the outside of my block. Downstair got 2 coffeeshops on each ends. Recently can smell this very strong smell when I open my window. So strong that I wanted to vomit. Luckily closing the window can block the smell. Is like belacan fried using rancid lard oil. Recently also heard about the spats between upper unit and lower unit over strong cooking smell. Now I kinda understand the dilemma. You cannot control how and what people are cooking. But you also have to bear with the unpleasant smell. Luckily is just occasionally and I can bear not to open the window. 

Guest guest

If cooking smell comes from the coffeeshop, then no choice but to bear with it since you choose to stay near them. But if cooking smell is from your upper or lower unit, then no choice again if you have such neighbors, even though you did not choose to stay near them.

Guest Try and see
3 hours ago, Guest Cliente said:

I was wondering what's the big fuss... chey, thought the pontianak baked Amos cookies for him haha.

One way to tell if your Famous Amos Cookies have been baked by a pontianak:

They smell like frangipani flowers! 😱

Guest Cliente

TS can also try putting on some coconut face cream mixed with rice powder at home, that way he can blend in the pungent belacan smell to recreate the aroma taste of local delights such as laksa & nasi lemak. If he cannot tahan spicy dishes, can try prawn paste chicken, rojak or 马来风光 haha....aiyo hungry already.

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.