Male HQ

What would your ideal boyfriend(s)'s name be?

notd

A name is a name, that's all there is to it. It doesn't define the person that you are, or confirm certain stereotypes associated with these names.

But sometimes I find myself thinking that guys with a particular name are more pleasant-sounding. I guess being a logophile, certain names just stand out more to me. And I wonder if that's the case for some of us here. 

I'll start. 

I find guys with the names Jensen/Janson/Jenson, Jayden, Devine, Caleb, Adam, Shin or Blake music to my ears. Recently, I've also found the name Shane to be quite pleasant too. Generally, I have a preference for guys whose name begins with a J or S-variant. 

Other worthy mentions include Spencer, Daniel, Aiden, Julian and Shepherd.

Personal stay aways - Albert, John, James, Jeremy, Shawn/Shaun, Bernard, Peter, Lebron, Bronson, Oliver.

Common names that I dig - Jason, Paul, Sam and Sam-variants (Sammy, Sammie, Samson).

The list is endless. But I'd like to hear what are some of your personal favs. 

Again, please know this isn't a name-shame post. In no ways are people with names under "Personal Stay Aways" horrible. I'm just going along the lines of, if you could choose your ideal bf's name, what would you want it to be.  

For our bisexual brethren reading this, feel free to name some female names too. 

On 7/10/2021 at 6:34 PM, notd said:

A name is a name, that's all there is to it. It doesn't define the person that you are, or confirm certain stereotypes associated with these names.

But sometimes I find myself thinking that guys with a particular name are more pleasant-sounding. I guess being a logophile, certain names just stand out more to me. And I wonder if that's the case for some of us here. 

I'll start. 

I find guys with the names Jensen/Janson/Jenson, Jayden, Devine, Caleb, Adam, Shin or Blake music to my ears. Recently, I've also found the name Shane to be quite pleasant too. Generally, I have a preference for guys whose name begins with a J or S-variant. 

Personal stay aways - Albert, John, James, Jeremy, Shawn/Shaun, Bernard, Peter, Lebron, Bronson, Oliver.

Common names that I dig - Jason, Paul, Sam and Sam-variants (Sammy, Sammie, Samson).

The list is endless. But I'd like to hear what are some of your personal favs. 

Again, please know this isn't a name-shame post. In no ways are people with names under "Personal Stay Aways" horrible. I'm just going along the lines of, if you could choose your ideal bf's name, what would you want it to be.  

For our bisexual brethren reading this, feel free to name some female names too. 

wah lau!!! Why my name is under this list?

Jokes aside, i agree with u on this list coz (1) it has a high-class British feel & (2) i imagine them to look like Hugh Grant, lol

Lastly,

after dating guys,

i realised their names are unique because (1) the name was chosen by his parents to represent the hope they have for their son, & (2) sometimes Guys with Chinese Names are very very sexy( like one of the Para-Swimmers who is representing S'pore ).

so i don't have a preference for the name,

i only have ONE PREFERENCE... my last date was Malaysian Chinese... very difficult Chinese name to pronounce... & once i dated a local Indian guy... & he insisted i call him by his "original" name... so these 2 guys...

so these 2 guys... make my life difficult for me coz they want to be called by a difficult-name-to-pronounce, lol

1 hour ago, lightsmith32 said:

all the name so atas .. what happened to ah seng, ahmad and muthu ..

If you had a pleasant boyfriend or ex who went by those names you mentioned, feel free to share em.

28 minutes ago, Kkklaus said:

I don't know why but I always thought the name Darren and Brendan is attractive. 

Oooh yes, I think Darren makes for a pretty good boyfriend. Can't say much about Brandons or Brendans in the romantic department but I do know a few of them. The Brendans I know are pretty wholesome in relationships. 

I find that Asians with the name of Josh or Joshua are cute 😜

You’re not alone. If you’d like to speak to someone, help is available at the following centres:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24-hour Hotline: 1800 221 4444 or pat@sos.org.sg.
Institute of Mental Health’s 24-hour Hotline: 6389 2222
Care Corner Counselling Centre (English and Mandarin): 6353 1180
Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800 283 7019