Jump to content
Pulse  Clinic

What would your ideal boyfriend(s)'s name be?


notd
 Share

Recommended Posts

A name is a name, that's all there is to it. It doesn't define the person that you are, or confirm certain stereotypes associated with these names.

 

But sometimes I find myself thinking that guys with a particular name are more pleasant-sounding. I guess being a logophile, certain names just stand out more to me. And I wonder if that's the case for some of us here. 

 

I'll start. 

 

I find guys with the names Jensen/Janson/Jenson, Jayden, Devine, Caleb, Adam, Shin or Blake music to my ears. Recently, I've also found the name Shane to be quite pleasant too. Generally, I have a preference for guys whose name begins with a J or S-variant. 

 

Other worthy mentions include Spencer, Daniel, Aiden, Julian and Shepherd.

 

Personal stay aways - Albert, John, James, Jeremy, Shawn/Shaun, Bernard, Peter, Lebron, Bronson, Oliver.

 

Common names that I dig - Jason, Paul, Sam and Sam-variants (Sammy, Sammie, Samson).

 

The list is endless. But I'd like to hear what are some of your personal favs. 

 

Again, please know this isn't a name-shame post. In no ways are people with names under "Personal Stay Aways" horrible. I'm just going along the lines of, if you could choose your ideal bf's name, what would you want it to be.  

 

For our bisexual brethren reading this, feel free to name some female names too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn’t matter as long he is fit cute funny motivate each other etc....celebrate incredible awesome journey ahead 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 6:34 PM, notd said:

A name is a name, that's all there is to it. It doesn't define the person that you are, or confirm certain stereotypes associated with these names.

 

But sometimes I find myself thinking that guys with a particular name are more pleasant-sounding. I guess being a logophile, certain names just stand out more to me. And I wonder if that's the case for some of us here. 

 

I'll start. 

 

I find guys with the names Jensen/Janson/Jenson, Jayden, Devine, Caleb, Adam, Shin or Blake music to my ears. Recently, I've also found the name Shane to be quite pleasant too. Generally, I have a preference for guys whose name begins with a J or S-variant. 

 

Other worthy mentions include Spencer, Daniel, Aiden, Julian and Shepherd.

 

Personal stay aways - Albert, John, James, Jeremy, Shawn/Shaun, Bernard, Peter, Lebron, Bronson, Oliver.

 

Common names that I dig - Jason, Paul, Sam and Sam-variants (Sammy, Sammie, Samson).

 

The list is endless. But I'd like to hear what are some of your personal favs. 

 

Again, please know this isn't a name-shame post. In no ways are people with names under "Personal Stay Aways" horrible. I'm just going along the lines of, if you could choose your ideal bf's name, what would you want it to be.  

 

For our bisexual brethren reading this, feel free to name some female names too. 

wah lau!!! Why my name is under this list?
   
Personal stay aways - Albert, John, James, Jeremy, Shawn/Shaun, Bernard, Peter, Lebron, Bronson, Oliver.
                           

Jokes aside, i agree with u on this list coz (1) it has a high-class British feel & (2) i imagine them to look like Hugh Grant, lol
Other worthy mentions include Spencer, Daniel, Aiden, Julian and Shepherd.
    

Lastly,

after dating guys,

i realised their names are unique because (1) the name was chosen by his parents to represent the hope they have for their son, & (2) sometimes Guys with Chinese Names are very very sexy( like one of the Para-Swimmers who is representing S'pore ).
    
so i don't have a preference for the name,

i only have ONE PREFERENCE... my last date was Malaysian Chinese... very difficult Chinese name to pronounce... & once i dated a local Indian guy... & he insisted i call him by his "original" name... so these 2 guys...
                   
so these 2 guys... make my life difficult for me coz they want to be called by a difficult-name-to-pronounce, lol
    
        

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, repressednerd said:

When someone has the same name as a pornstar I like, I do imagine he is hot until I meet him in person. :ph34r:

 

Like Rafael (Alencar) :P ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lightsmith32 said:

all the name so atas .. what happened to ah seng, ahmad and muthu ..

 

If you had a pleasant boyfriend or ex who went by those names you mentioned, feel free to share em.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Kkklaus said:

I don't know why but I always thought the name Darren and Brendan is attractive. 

 

Oooh yes, I think Darren makes for a pretty good boyfriend. Can't say much about Brandons or Brendans in the romantic department but I do know a few of them. The Brendans I know are pretty wholesome in relationships. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, notd said:

 

If you had a pleasant boyfriend or ex who went by those names you mentioned, feel free to share em.

Gd point .. so far none, had a malay boii named danish ... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find that Asians with the name of Josh or Joshua are cute 😜

You’re not alone. If you’d like to speak to someone, help is available at the following centres:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24-hour Hotline: 1800 221 4444 or pat@sos.org.sg.
Institute of Mental Health’s 24-hour Hotline: 6389 2222
Care Corner Counselling Centre (English and Mandarin): 6353 1180
Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800 283 7019

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, hahaha said:

I find that Asians with the name of Josh or Joshua are cute 😜

 

Joshuas are nice! I know a handful of Joshuas who are extremely loving and just all-around pleasant people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
counter