Male HQ

Could gay sauna be the next KTV case?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The current KTV covid cases made me aborted the thought of visiting sauna.

Imagine if there is a confirmed covid case in gay sauna, thousands of fingers will be pointing at those contracted the virus there, plus more shamings.

Straight men visited the KTVs are blamed and scrutinized, what about those who patronized a gay sauna? 

Guest Cliente
On 7/14/2021 at 11:15 PM, sprintkayak said:

With the KTV case load going up, you guys still dare to go Sauna? I mean, isnt the Steam room the most susceptible? Add to that the dark maze and guys having contact sex. I am pretty sure Keybox and Hook Club are gonna be in the news soon enough. And all those closeted guys, have no choice but to declare to Govt that they go to gay saunas. Be careful ya!

On 5/22/2021 at 6:29 PM, sprintkayak said:

I have a group for str8/curious/bi/closeted guys from sports cca in JC/Poly/Uni. Reply if you want to join this group. You can also PM me with your handle and intro.

On 5/22/2021 at 5:32 AM, sprintkayak said:

Quite alot of hot guys yesterday. To the tall specky guy, I love your guts and thank you. But how come no one play with the shirtless indian dude? Saw him on grindr

Well, when you are caught having sex with underaged boys and having orgies at public area, that will really be a true disgrace to your family. Public cruising is a thing of the past, if you have no guts to step into a gay sauna, don't spread fear and deter others from going. 

Guest hostess

13 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Imagine if there is a confirmed covid case in gay sauna, thousands of fingers will be pointing at those contracted the virus there, plus more shamings.

Straight men visited the KTVs are blamed and scrutinized, what about those who patronized a gay sauna? 

why? are you a Vietnamese KTV hostess???

Guest no risk no fun
1 hour ago, Guest 280 said:

Wow surprised to learn that kb is crowded on last nite. Guess ppl are not deterred by the KTV clamping down at all.

Dun forget hor, MOH can trace you frm TT shud anyone inside kb is an infected customer on same day of visit as you and u will need to undergo quarantine. Not forgetting the msm will have a field day reporting all over plus non stop blaming from the public. How to explain to family and boss that u are quarantined ? Even not on same day of visit as the infected customers, will still be placed on high alert warning list and need go go for testing.

there is not much logic in your post: 

What is the difference if you caught covid by dining in at fast food outlet at a shopping mall, when there was one Covid case and infected most of the patrons, compared to being infected at KB or being infected during a 5 guy group fun at home with one guy being a covid carrier? 

If it happens, then KB will be in the news the same way as these KTV outlets. 

KB will be closed for 2 weeks (and thoroughly cleaned). 

So far, the gov don't put your name into the newspaper only when you breach the Covid / Safe distance / quarantine rules blatantly. 

Your posts seems just scaremongering. 

If I follow your advice I should not leave home until the last cat and human being on earth has been vaccinated... 

20 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Could not agree more

What if someone visited Keybox & is later found to be infected, this will happen:

The Korean Gay Men’s Human Rights Group ‘Chingusai’ and various LGBTI human rights groups started to criticized the media for making it difficult for people to come forward to test for Corvid-19 for fear of being linked to be identified with homosexuality.

https://www.apcom.org/south-koreas-lgbti-community-the-aftermath-of-the-covid-19-cluster-and-homophobia/

It's not the same. It's not as simple as that. KB is different from KTV. For KB, all gays will be crucified. And gay saunas will be put in the spotlight and more condemnation on gays. Straight men cheating is more forgiven than gays the "sinners".

12 hours ago, Guest no risk no fun said:

there is not much logic in your post: 

What is the difference if you caught covid by dining in at fast food outlet at a shopping mall, when there was one Covid case and infected most of the patrons, compared to being infected at KB or being infected during a 5 guy group fun at home with one guy being a covid carrier? 

If it happens, then KB will be in the news the same way as these KTV outlets. 

KB will be closed for 2 weeks (and thoroughly cleaned). 

So far, the gov don't put your name into the newspaper only when you breach the Covid / Safe distance / quarantine rules blatantly. 

Your posts seems just scaremongering. 

If I follow your advice I should not leave home until the last cat and human being on earth has been vaccinated... 

It's not the same. It's not as simple as that. KB is different from KTV. For KB, all gays will be crucified. And gay saunas will be put in the spotlight and more condemnation on gays. Straight men cheating is more forgiven than gays the "sinners".

I have stop going too as the delta variant is more transmissible . It will spread like wildfire in the sauna context . We will never know if anybody have covid . Good thing is trace together and temperature is enforce now in kb . So if anything happen . Every visitor will be found easier as compare to the KTV. Plus CCTV easier to trace at the locker area . But not inside the darker areas. Timing of what time u came in is also recorded too . Easier for contact tracer to track . 

Just a friendly advise , best to don’t go to the sauna for the time being and just stay home until singapore is Cleared or fully vaccinated . Then go back . Tahan abit . 

As for the business owner, just ensure it is not over the capacity and also ensure safe distancing is done . And maybe try to sanitise the gym and the common area . I doubt sanitising is done but only cleaning is done which is still good ! Better than nothing . And if touch wood , it blows up like the KTV thing , 100% licence to operate like the sauna / gym  will not be able to be given out so easily as before. Patron will not dare to go to any sauna any more too. 

Maybe a ART is to be done before anybody or fully vaccinated people then can come in ? Raise the price for entrance . No choice . 

Let’s do better ! 

8 minutes ago, Dinosaur said:

I have stop going too as the delta variant is more transmissible . It will spread like wildfire in the sauna context . We will never know if anybody have covid . Good thing is trace together and temperature is enforce now in kb . So if anything happen . Every visitor will be found easier as compare to the KTV. Plus CCTV easier to trace at the locker area . But not inside the darker areas. Timing of what time u came in is also recorded too . Easier for contact tracer to track . 

Just a friendly advise , best to don’t go to the sauna for the time being and just stay home until singapore is Cleared or fully vaccinated . Then go back . Tahan abit . 

As for the business owner, just ensure it is not over the capacity and also ensure safe distancing is done . And maybe try to sanitise the gym and the common area . I doubt sanitising is done but only cleaning is done which is still good ! Better than nothing . And if touch wood , it blows up like the KTV thing , 100% licence to operate like the sauna / gym  will not be able to be given out so easily as before. Patron will not dare to go to any sauna any more too. 

Maybe a ART is to be done before anybody or fully vaccinated people then can come in ? Raise the price for entrance . No choice . 

Let’s do better ! 

i don't want to sound sour but if u think about it... a guy being infected & asymptotic & patronising Keybox while he is infectious... is like a time bomb waiting to explode, anyway we are all consenting adults, if u wanna have fun U gotta bear the legal consequences that comes along when u expose yourself to a guy who could potentially be infected... Stay Safe & take care guys!!!

😊😄😁

Guest Guest
39 minutes ago, Dinosaur said:

Let’s do better ! 

Just wonder how often KB do the cleaning n sanitising? Do they sanitise the lockers every time  when customers check out before the next customer use it? 

Guest kbreg
1 hour ago, Dinosaur said:

Let’s do better ! 

it's not about whether the virus spreads or not in KB, I mean covid has been around for so long the illness is kind of part of our lives already. it's more worrying how the media will again, make it seem like all gay people are sex crazed perverts who ought to be castrated if a gay sauna cluster does explode. just keep your dick in your pants for a while and let this shit cool down - think of the community and the progression of LGBT in singapore for once.

Guest Cliente

This must be the joke of the day, our community has always been 自己顾自己, don't need to all of the sudden make it sound like we are a close knit happy family. Enough of you preaching here, I know you are just jealous because you are short amd fat.

7 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

i don't want to sound sour but if u think about it... a guy being infected & asymptotic & patronising Keybox while he is infectious... is like a time bomb waiting to explode, anyway we are all consenting adults, if u wanna have fun U gotta bear the legal consequences that comes along when u expose yourself to a guy who could potentially be infected... Stay Safe & take care guys!!!

😊😄😁

If there is one case, then likely all saunas will be close or even ban.   Owner will be fine by the authority for not "ensuring safe distancing".  As for the patrons, too bad, your family and colleagues will know your secret rendezvous and may even be served quarantine order.  Not worth the risk at the moment.

Don't read and response to guests' post

21 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

If there is one case, then likely all saunas will be close or even ban.   Owner will be fine by the authority for not "ensuring safe distancing".  As for the patrons, too bad, your family and colleagues will know your secret rendezvous and may even be served quarantine order.  Not worth the risk at the moment.

Thx for sharing ur views, i have a follow-up-thought:

the Mainstream Media recently reported( investigative reports) on the "Reasons why men go to K.T.V."

Similarly, if there is a case at the Gay Sauna... it could "GO BOTH WAYS"... depends on who is reporting the news... lol

3 minutes ago, 30yochinese said:

Thx for sharing ur views, i have a follow-up-thought:

the Mainstream Media recently reported( investigative reports) on the "Reasons why men go to K.T.V."

Similarly, if there is a case at the Gay Sauna... it could "GO BOTH WAYS"... depends on who is reporting the news... lol

Not many people actually aware of gay sauna operating in Singapore, so its best to keep it low profile. Petitions will start coming in to close them down once the case become a big uncontrolled cluster, as most visitors will not come forward for testing.

Don't read and response to guests' post

On 7/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, Guest Guest said:

Thank u for being responsible, respect for u ... i have not had much entertainment since covid started to do my part ..

Guest Life goes on

To those who say don't go sauna and wait until covid is over, do u know that covid is not going to be "over" anytime soon? Since last year already, is it over yet?

If the saunas have been approved to operate, then i think ppl can be their own judge on whether they want to go. No need to keep spread fear. If they have not been approved, like the ktvs, then its a different story la.

Im sure those who go know the risk involved, so allow them make their own decision.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, cutejack said:

It's not abt sanitizing or no?how n when? God protects gays coz we r innocent n kind ppl. We don't owe anyone anything. That's why we r single n unmarried. God bless all of us here.

So u are saying that sanitizing the premises is not necessary? Those die from covid were not innocent n kind? What rubbish are u uttering??

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

So u are saying that sanitizing the premises is not necessary? Those die from covid were not innocent n kind? What rubbish are u uttering??

It's necessary to sanitize but y u sound so fucking moron. Can a or two drop of sanitizer can save yr life? N y u get so worked up? It's my point of view. U can go ahead n say what u like? That's yr point of view. But don't stop others from saying what they feel is right! 

23 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Just wonder how often KB do the cleaning n sanitising? Do they sanitise the lockers every time  when customers check out before the next customer use it? 

I really doubt it but if u r worry,  better do your own sanitising.

There is no way for SG to have zero cases unlike in HK or Newzealand. The moment local cases are low,  we will have lots of imported cases to make up for. 

Chances of getting it in sauna is almost as good as getting it in gym or hawker centre when everyone remove their mask. So do u stop going gym or eating outside? 

The key would be vaccination and practice good personal hygiene, going at off peak hours reduce the risk too although there might be less fish to catch. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 7/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, Guest Cliente said:

Well, when you are caught having sex with underaged boys and having orgies at public area, that will really be a true disgrace to your family. Public cruising is a thing of the past, if you have no guts to step into a gay sauna, don't spread fear and deter others from going. 

Nice of you to dig thru my old comments to make a point. And sorry to burst your expectation. I do visit Keybox and Hook club. And I know as a matter of fact, that atleast on days I visited, my Trace Together Safe Entry, wasn't checked at Keybox, and so were those before me. And that is a serious loophole. 

The govt can help to keep quiet and not announce the establishments to media, only if Hook and Keybox actively manage their safe entry properly. That way, atleast MOH has solid record of ppl who visited and can discreetly notify them. On the other hand, if SafeEntry management are lax, MOH has no choice but to announce to whole Singapore and invite ppl over for testing, like what they are doing with KTV.

Whether the Gay saunas are going to be more struct and allow only those with double vaccination is up to them. But the least they should do, is to ensure EVERYONE scans and shows to the counter staff. 

Guest Cliente

Strange how you single out only the saunas when big chain stores such as NTUC, Cold Storage, Watson's, Guardians & most restaurants do not check/no longer have safe distancing ambassadors policing at entry points. Also why didn't you bring up the biggest loophole of all - our public transport system? 

Spare me your self righteous indignation on how SafeEntry management should be done to curtail the spread of Covid19, why don't you set a good example first by reminding all your fellow cruisers to scan the National Park QR code for MacRitchie reservoir the next time you arrange your group fun there.

Guest Fatty
20 hours ago, Guest kbreg said:

it's not about whether the virus spreads or not in KB, I mean covid has been around for so long the illness is kind of part of our lives already. it's more worrying how the media will again, make it seem like all gay people are sex crazed perverts who ought to be castrated if a gay sauna cluster does explode. just keep your dick in your pants for a while and let this shit cool down - think of the community and the progression of LGBT in singapore for once.

But we are sex crazed perverts what. What’s there to hide?

18 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

You are very optimistic lor. For me I think it WILL go both ways, knowig well how our govt and local media works! Haha.. 

Guest Peterpan

Yes extremely likely. Just go to any of these saunas and see for yourself....NO social distancing at all, body to body intimate contact with exchange of bodily fluids, kissing, sucking, fuxking with masks down.

All perfect recipe for a large cluster to form and unknown infected ones spreading to their immediate family members and swiftly to the rest of the community.

When that happens, trust the media and public to shame all those who have been identified thru TT and have to be escorted by MOH to the quanrantine centres, under full spectacle of everyone, with their pictures splashed all over papers and forums. What ensues will be huge outcry and public condemnation of gays as selfish horny dirty disease prone members of the society.

So yes, go at your own peril.

树大召风呀... 

If Gay sauna is indeed the next KTV Cluster, as per se.. Like what some if u had mentioned. 

3 hours ago, Guest Peterpan said:

Yes extremely likely. Just go to any of these saunas and see for yourself....NO social distancing at all, body to body intimate contact with exchange of bodily fluids, kissing, sucking, screwing with masks down.

All perfect recipe for a large cluster to form and unknown infected ones spreading to their immediate family members and swiftly to the rest of the community.

When that happens, trust the media and public to shame all those who have been identified thru TT and have to be escorted by MOH to the quarantine centres, under full spectacle of everyone, with their pictures splashed all over papers and forums. What ensues will be huge outcry and public condemnation of gays as selfish horny dirty disease prone members of the society.

Then the LGBTQ can forget abt PINK Dot for the next 10yrs at least. 

S337A will be enforced. 

Police will conduct raids on gay saunas & clubs. 

Families will be broken

Name shaming will happen

Businesses affected, people jobs are gone.. 

LGBTQ folks will be persecuted. 

In simple context.. The Ripple Effect

Edited by single42

It can happened anywhere. Just be vigilant.

Guest Yeeeeaaaaa...

Jia Lark liao!!!   80 cases spread by horny straight people.  Gay all unite,  hold your horses because we have no part in what is happening in Singapore right now.  Let the straight guy take the beating.   We gay people are clean, innocent and decent people.

Guest Hyperclass

** Those convicted of breaching safe distancing measures may be jailed for up to six months, fined up to $10,000, or both.

SINGAPORE - A total of 39 people were found socialising in illegal entertainment outlets in the latest police operation following the emergence of the KTV cluster last week.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/39-people-nabbed-after-saturday-raid-on-illegal-entertainment-outlets

Singapore detects 88 new local COVID-19 cases; 23 linked to KTV cluster

SINGAPORE — The Ministry of Health (MOH) on Sunday (18 July) reported the detection of 92 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, taking the country's total case count to 63,073.

Of the new cases, 88 are local transmissions – of which 23 are part of the growing KTV cluster and 37 are linked to the Jurong Fishery port cluster, said MOH in a news release. This brings the number of cases in the KTV cluster to 171.

Thirty of the local cases are linked to past cases and have already been placed on quarantine, while 41 are linked to previous cases and were detected through surveillance.

Seventeen of the new cases are currently unlinked. Among the new cases are also four seniors above the age of 70, who are at risk of serious illness, said MOH.

There are also four imported cases, all of whom have been placed on Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or isolated upon arrival in Singapore. One case was detected upon arrival, while three developed the illness during SHN or isolation.

In its update on Saturday, MOH said that of the 68 infections detected that day, 29 were linked to the KTV lounge cluster. 

Six more KTV lounges or clubs were also added to the cluster, bringing the total number of such premises with likely ongoing transmission to 15. The new outlets listed were:

Quinn KTV (207A Syed Alwi Road)

Club AURA (442 Orchard Road)

Club Ion (271 Bukit Timah Road)

Icon II (35 Selegie Road)

Club Lucky Thai (5001 Beach Road)

M. Sakhon (5001 Beach Road)

The first reported case in the cluster was a Vietnamese hostess on a short-term visit pass to Singapore and who had been to many of the KTV outlets.

basically what's going to happen in the next few days to weeks .. MOH & SPF will join hands to do raids. Once the SPF seized or raid the KTV joints, once all suspects are in custody, HPB staffs will move in wearing PPE to test each & everyone on the spot. samples will be collected, specimens will be send to the lab for immediate testing & ring fencing will start from there.. families will be informed. 

and fyi, there're QUICK TEST CENTRES being set up in all HDB neighborhood areas already. 

Pasir Ris - Sports centre basement carpark.

Bedok - It's between the mall & the hawker centre under the shelter.

Tampines - there's one diagonally opp tampines north CC

Chinatown - Its at People's Park Complex (4th flr) above the hawker centre

I know bishan & amk centres are also up & running.. so please go get urselves tested if anyone received any sms 

5 hours ago, Guest Hyperclass said:

** Those convicted of breaching safe distancing measures may be jailed for up to six months, fined up to $10,000, or both.

SINGAPORE - A total of 39 people were found socialising in illegal entertainment outlets in the latest police operation following the emergence of the KTV cluster last week.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/39-people-nabbed-after-saturday-raid-on-illegal-entertainment-outlets

If MOH and spf were to do a surprise visit to any of the gay saunas, surely they will have a full rounding up as social distancings are certainly not adhered to by the customers.

20 hours ago, Guest Peterpan said:

Yes extremely likely. Just go to any of these saunas and see for yourself....NO social distancing at all, body to body intimate contact with exchange of bodily fluids, kissing, sucking, fuxking with masks down.

When that happens, trust the media and public to shame all those who have been identified thru TT and have to be escorted by MOH to the quanrantine centres, under full spectacle of everyone, with their pictures splashed all over papers and forums. What ensues will be huge outcry and public condemnation of gays as selfish horny dirty disease prone members of the society.

17 hours ago, single42 said:

Then the LGBTQ can forget abt PINK Dot for the next 10yrs at least. 

S337A will be enforced. 

Police will conduct raids on gay saunas & clubs. 

Families will be broken

Name shaming will happen

Businesses affected, people jobs are gone.. 

LGBTQ folks will be persecuted. 

In simple context.. The Ripple Effect

with close reference to the ktv cluster development, all it takes is just one case, then with authority tracing and follow by crack down, the whole industry could suffer a huge setback, and will likely take a long long time to recover. as of now the ktv saga is still ongoing, thus far with cluster reaching 150+/- already, more to come... 

same goes for our saunas, if "expose" in similar manner, besides the standard persecution (govt, SPF, families & relatives, neighbors, general public etc), we will face crucifixion from another rich & powerful, self-righteous religious group (you know who and which lah)...

so dont think by going saunas you are are saving their business, in fact you might just be the ONE to bring down the whole industry.  

just hold back your urges a while more... the pandemic will go away in time. 

Edited by mith

2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

They already mention pandemic is going to become endemic,  so we need to learn how to live with covid, get life back as normal as possible, otherwise we should not even step out of house because stepping out is already a risk. 

This endemic situation is contingent on us reaching a high enough vaccination rate. Right now at 45%, it is still too low to "get life back to as normal as possible".  1000 ICU beds for Covid is the limiting factor. 

Guest Y娘娘

Those who visit Gay Sauna are usually young and healthy. so 99% will have mild or no symptoms. Gay are usually more sensitive towards own health and know how to self medicate. So it is unlikely they will visit any GP for normal flu like symptoms. The remaining 1% elderly are likely to have fully vaccinated, so zero chance of going GP for Covid-19 test. 

Guest Close one eye

Similar to the ktv case, think govt is closing one eye for gay saunas. Still getting sex requests on gay apps so apparently men are still thinking with their smaller head.

Guest Y娘娘

So just FYI, don't visit clinics for normal flu symptoms, as they will do a COVID-19 test for u. If positive, KB will have to close. Just buy self test kits from guardian/Watson and self isolate. Covid-19 99% will not develop into serious case. So Covid-19 is not as scary as Gov painted it to be

18 hours ago, Guest Yeeeeaaaaa... said:

Jia Lark liao!!!   80 cases spread by horny straight people.  Gay all unite,  hold your horses because we have no part in what is happening in Singapore right now.  Let the straight guy take the beating.   We gay people are clean, innocent and decent people.

Like this. God bless us.

6 hours ago, Guest Y娘娘 said:

So just FYI, don't visit clinics for normal flu symptoms, as they will do a COVID-19 test for u. If positive, KB will have to close. Just buy self test kits from guardian/Watson and self isolate. Covid-19 99% will not develop into serious case. So Covid-19 is not as scary as Gov painted it to be

Please do not self medicate!! Go see ur GP once u have ARI- Acute Respiratory Infection, get a MC; go to nearest testing centre in ur neighborhood, get swabbed, and self quarantine. 

Edited by single42

16 hours ago, single42 said:

Singapore detects 88 new local COVID-19 cases; 23 linked to KTV cluster

SINGAPORE — The Ministry of Health (MOH) on Sunday (18 July) reported the detection of 92 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, taking the country's total case count to 63,073.

Of the new cases, 88 are local transmissions – of which 23 are part of the growing KTV cluster and 37 are linked to the Jurong Fishery port cluster, said MOH in a news release. This brings the number of cases in the KTV cluster to 171.

Thirty of the local cases are linked to past cases and have already been placed on quarantine, while 41 are linked to previous cases and were detected through surveillance.

Seventeen of the new cases are currently unlinked. Among the new cases are also four seniors above the age of 70, who are at risk of serious illness, said MOH.

There are also four imported cases, all of whom have been placed on Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or isolated upon arrival in Singapore. One case was detected upon arrival, while three developed the illness during SHN or isolation.

In its update on Saturday, MOH said that of the 68 infections detected that day, 29 were linked to the KTV lounge cluster. 

Six more KTV lounges or clubs were also added to the cluster, bringing the total number of such premises with likely ongoing transmission to 15. The new outlets listed were:

Quinn KTV (207A Syed Alwi Road)

Club AURA (442 Orchard Road)

Club Ion (271 Bukit Timah Road)

Icon II (35 Selegie Road)

Club Lucky Thai (5001 Beach Road)

M. Sakhon (5001 Beach Road)

The first reported case in the cluster was a Vietnamese hostess on a short-term visit pass to Singapore and who had been to many of the KTV outlets.

The interesting part is : how is the virus spreading from one KTV to another?

Looks like some guys frequent a different KTV every second day....spreading the virus from one location to the next KTV...  or the hostess staff is working in different locations and they are not based to one KTV spot.

17 Jul 2021

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ktv-disappointed-pivoted-nightlife-business-two-week-suspension-15238820

When it was announced on Friday (Jul 16) that all nightlife establishments operating as F&B businesses had to be shuttered for two weeks,

Why does the gov not close all KTVs and only such that are operating as F& B business???

Shut them all.

I always wonder on these small step by step approaches from the government here in tackling covid?

If the spread is not under control, then the whole of Singapore will suffer with restrictions...

Reminds me of that headline from an overseas newspaper that started as "No lessons learnt..."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.