Male HQ

TOKYO 2020 Olympic Games Discussion (compiled)

This did not occur to me until I read this article in Huffington Post.  I have always enjoyed watching the games on TV, especially the men's gymnastics and diving competitions :).  But it is clear that there has been always a lot of corruption in the administration of these games.  

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tokyo-olympics-covid-19-cancel_n_60df3754e4b0ad1785db6686

13 hours ago, Zomgzmg said:

NYTimes also have a podcast episode on this topic 

From this podcast I get the same conclusions as from the article in Huffpost.

The Olympics are a very nice concept in theory.  If Tokyo follows through, I wish them the best success and safety.   But I think that it would be better for the world if the Olympics disappear.  Maybe replaced by smaller events that leave off many sports that are so silly to have there.

Of course there is empathy with the athletes who dedicate their lives to be the winners, and who would suffer deep disappointment.  But this could steer their life in more productive directions than being "a gold medalist".   Also my sympathies are tenfold for the victims of the Covid-19. 

Guest Orhlumpig

Not as simple as what you think, all the companies sponsoring the event wants the event to go ahead - lots of $$$ involved.

Already losing so much money due to delay, postpone or cancel event worst. Just have to take maximum precaution. Look at the European cup now, get it over with then they can sleep better at night even there are already spike in cases because of people going to the stadium.

Can only say Japan is dam suay because of this hosting Olympics. 

Guest Goulash Which Is Very Posh

The thing that actually annoys me the most about the European Football Championship and the Summer Olympics is that they refused to change the year in their names -- as if to say "the coronavirus can't stop us" -- but they have already postponed those events by a year. It makes no sense to hold events branded as "Euro 2020" and "Tokyo 2020" in the summer of 2021.

The coronavirus pandemic is an important moment in human history, and in the future, when there is a strong temptation to forget what happened, people should be able to look back at the records and see that the "every four years" patterns of these two events, as well as several others, were interrupted in 2020 and 2021, and serve as a reminder to not let it happen again.

No fans will be allowed at Olympic events in Tokyo and the nearby suburbs due to a coronavirus state of emergency that will last until August 22.

This decision should have been made months ago, at the same meeting that banned foreign fans, and says once again the pandemic is not over.

On 7/7/2021 at 6:25 PM, Guest Goulash Which Is Very Posh said:

The thing that actually annoys me the most about the European Football Championship and the Summer Olympics is that they refused to change the year in their names -- as if to say "the coronavirus can't stop us" -- but they have already postponed those events by a year. It makes no sense to hold events branded as "Euro 2020" and "Tokyo 2020" in the summer of 2021.

The coronavirus pandemic is an important moment in human history, and in the future, when there is a strong temptation to forget what happened, people should be able to look back at the records and see that the "every four years" patterns of these two events, as well as several others, were interrupted in 2020 and 2021, and serve as a reminder to not let it happen again.

I have the same contempt for the arrogance of these huge sports organizations to not let any transcendental world event disturb the course of their important presence.

Sports that have no effect on fitness should be given zero importance.  That some athletes dedicate their life to beat world records does not make society any healthier. The billions of dollars wasted in some Olympics should be put to better use by giving poor children the opportunity to learn to work out by building and equipping gyms and giving them free training. TEACHING FITNESS has much value.  Displaying exaggerated fitness to a public of couch potatoes has no value whatsoever.  

On 7/12/2021 at 9:47 AM, Steve5380 said:

I have the same contempt for the arrogance of these huge sports organizations to not let any transcendental world event disturb the course of their important presence.

Sports that have no effect on fitness should be given zero importance.  That some athletes dedicate their life to beat world records does not make society any healthier. The billions of dollars wasted in some Olympics should be put to better use by giving poor children the opportunity to learn to work out by building and equipping gyms and giving them free training. TEACHING FITNESS has much value.  Displaying exaggerated fitness to a public of couch potatoes has no value whatsoever.  

What about garth brookes,

On 7/12/2021 at 8:47 AM, Steve5380 said:

Sports that have no effect on fitness should be given zero importance.

Which sports at the Olympics do not require supreme fitness in a chosen activity? I can only think possibly of shooting. But that requires supreme hand/eye co-ordination and I bet the participants have also to be very fit to compete at the highest level. Which others?

3 hours ago, InBangkok said:

Which sports at the Olympics do not require supreme fitness in a chosen activity? I can only think possibly of shooting. But that requires supreme hand/eye co-ordination and I bet the participants have also to be very fit to compete at the highest level. Which others?

I was writing about sports organizations in general, not only the Olympics.

The US National Football League (NFL) is a huge organization that entertains Americans with their professional games.  There is no fitness here except for that of the players, who often end up mentally handicapped by concussions.  It may inspire young kids to practice this sport and many end up with injuries.   But there is so much money in professional football!  The same goes for college football.   Effect on raising the fitness level of society:  zero.

Soccer (non-American football) is another sport that makes young people run and end up injured, especially the girls.  In some countries, soccer has such emotional fans that many end up injured when they fight each other.  Ice hockey is another sport where the eagerness to win leads to many injuries.  These are other activities that rather than focusing on fitness they focus on winning, and when professional they are driven by making money from those who take the winning of their team personally.

But gymnastics, athletics, weight lifting are sports that are direct fitness builders.  The fitness takes priority over the winning  (because without fitness there is no winning)

18 hours ago, Guest Shit5380 said:

This is true, Guest Shit.

I remember in Argentina the stories of youngsters who were competing in political sports organizations describing the availability of all the sex they could take, a wonderful tool for achieving dedication and allegiance.  

On 7/14/2021 at 9:59 PM, dexter9898 said:

Maybe in another 20 years time, no countries will want to host the Olympics.

Maybe you will be right.  We will soon see...  but the 2021 Tokyo Olympics could be remembered for many centuries...  and not for its success!

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Maybe you will be right.  We will soon see...  but the 2021 Tokyo Olympics could be remembered for many centuries...  and not for its success!

For its KTV like infection rates? 

6 hours ago, Kimochi said:

For its KTV like infection rates? 

Yes, for the infectiousness among their clusters of piled-up athletes instead of karaoke bar clusters,

and because of the 25 billion $$  spent for all that.  (instead of spending for covid vaccines) 

Well... I started watching the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics that I am recording, and... I LOVE IT!

I wish that such great spectacles are performed independently of all the enormous Olympics.

I cannot avoid feeling much sadness for the interference of the pandemic in these Tokyo Olympics.  I think that the Japanese deserved to have a recognition of all their efforts in it with an enthusiastic full house. :(

Note: I just saw the Singapore delegation marching by,  with Joseph Schooling a flag bearer.  He doesn't look FAT to me,  maybe he found a good diet :) 

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Yahma gucci

I dont like Japan performers so stiff and no life energy.

Furthermore , Japan and Japanese are still stuck in the 80s.

They have not moved forwards.

I watched several hours of opening ceremony this morning,  and I liked it very much.

But I feel sad that the pandemic has hurt the Tokyo Olympics so much.  They have put a lot of effort into it, and they deserved to have the place full of enthusiastic fans instead of empty chairs. 

Guest Guest

several athletes have posted on tiktok on how the athlete village and dining hall is better than Rio 2016.

honestly if not for covid, Japan wld have been a superb host and organiser.

Guest Kim Hee Sun

Aiyoh, Japan got so many people who still believe Covid 19 can only get from foreigners, gaijin, farang, 

Thats why so many of Japs wants the game to be cancelled before the opening. 

They are afraid of non   Japanese athlletes and games contingent riding their pristine public transport, taking their pristine elevators,  walking their pristine streets, they protested foreign athletes from even being in Japan , believing deeply that this would bring in covid 19 and causing masss death. 

But then Covid 19 was spreading quietly in large numbers domestically in Japan way before the Ollympic 2020 games started.

JAPAN and Japanese are germophobic and  xenophobic

47 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

The gymnasts are indeed eye candies. 

There was a scene earlier where the cameraman pointed to a swiss gymnast changing from long pants to shorts for his next event, revealing his big bulge. Too bad after that no more such scene!

2 hours ago, Guest Woot said:

There was a scene earlier where the cameraman pointed to a swiss gymnast changing from long pants to shorts for his next event, revealing his big bulge. Too bad after that no more such scene!

I also saw this.  Now imagine what may be going on behind the scenes...

12 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I also saw this.  Now imagine what may be going on behind the scenes...

Imagination says the cameraman put down the camera to pull off the gymnast's shorts and go down on his knees to suck him off, lol. 

Guest Guest

Not sure if anyone was watching 1st preliminary round of men’s volleyball earlier - Poland (world champ) vs Iran (asia champ)

wow nail biting match right to the last min with Iran winning 3 - 2. and i actually find some of the iranian players kinda attractive.

• G_M changed the title to TOKYO 2020 Olympic Games things that caught my attention (compiled)
Guest Pot calling kettle black
9 hours ago, Guest Kim Hee Sun said:

JAPAN and Japanese are germophobic and  xenophobic

Deary - Singapore is no different in this regard. In fact maybe worse than the Japanese.

The opening ceremony of the shirtless guy representing his country. So 🔥 Just wanna wrestle with him and let him win haha tits hard just looking and imagine him...

Guest Try and see
18 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Some ang mohs are very attractive.  Hispanics in particular.

I've always thought Hispanics are not strictly ang mohs, but I could be wrong. 

• G_M changed the title to TOKYO 2020 Olympic Games Discussion (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.