Male HQ

SHARING: I am diagnosed with H.I.V. so what will my life be?

30yochinese

1. sorry if u don't like me using bullet-points, i do this so if anyone posts a reply... he can use my numbering as a reference.

2. last year i went to N.C.I.D. to get PrEP, Dr Wong Chen Seong attended to me. i asked him, "Anyone who has H.I.V. what will his life be like?"

3. he gave me a look as though everyday someone asks him this question...
    he returned a caring look & said, "No difference to your daily life, just more medicines to eat."

4. i asked, "What about being imno-compromise?"
    again he assured me... the outcome will not be as bad as i imagine.

5. "Dr Wong, can i buy PrEP online?"
    he replied, "I WILL NEVER SANCTION THAT."

hope my sharing helps u 😃

Bro life will still goes on. Just be happy and enjoy what u can do in life. Don't Broad over with what u have and think about it. The more u think the more u will be upset and u will end up in depression. Further more just enjoy and have fun and don't Broad over it. It's a beautiful out there. There are many others who has the disease but they just have to accept the fact and live with it and enjoy their life to the fullest. There could be a cure and there could be a misdiagnosed in the test. Don't think much but just live life to the fullest.

Watching at the Olympics diver Tom Daley take gold, my mind turned to Greg Louganis.

In spite of being gay and being infected with HIV,  Louganis became the greatest diver the world has ever seen.   Recently, several decades after his triumphant performances,  I saw a video of Louganis diving together with Tom Daley.  He is still in excellent diving form, healthy, and looks happy!  

17 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Watching at the Olympics diver Tom Daley take gold, my mind turned to Greg Louganis.

In spite of being gay and being infected with HIV,  Louganis became the greatest diver the world has ever seen.   Recently, several decades after his triumphant performances,  I saw a video of Louganis diving together with Tom Daley.  He is still in excellent diving form, healthy, and looks happy!  

Thx for sharing about Louganis.

MORE People need to hear more "Success Stories" on Men who have faced & overcomed H.I.V.  👍

6 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

Thx for sharing about Louganis.

MORE People need to hear more "Success Stories" on Men who have faced & overcomed H.I.V.  👍

Here is a relatively recent video about Louganis' life.  Not bad, isn't it?   What an example!

Side note:  At his age of 60 today,  Greg could greatly benefit from botox to his forehead and around his eyes,  a nice brownish color for his hair, and perhaps a lower eyelid surgery.   None if this is very invasive or risky, and he could have success in the gay scene (if he wanted to).

12 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Here is a relatively recent video about Louganis' life.  Not bad, isn't it?   What an example!

Side note:  At his age of 60 today,  Greg could greatly benefit from botox to his forehead and around his eyes,  a nice brownish color for his hair, and perhaps a lower eyelid surgery.   None if this is very invasive or risky, and he could have success in the gay scene (if he wanted to).

OMG 😱! he reminds me of Richard Gere... & he has an accent of a Californian... if he went to see an aesthetic doctor... He could easily look 10/20 years younger!!!

*He shared in the video about H.I.V.

"I thought it was a death sentence."

In addition to Greg Louganis, the hugely popular basketball star Magic Johnson announced he was HIV positive in 1991. He retired from the sport but returned the following year. He even took part in the 1992 USA Olympics Basketball Team which won the Gold Medal. 62 years old later this month, he remains a very successful businessman, an NBA Ambassador, philanthropist and HIV/AIDS activist.

From what I understand , PrEP is only for those who has not contracted HIV yet, those whose status is HIV negative, people with high risk of getting HIV like men having sex with men. You will take a pill to prevent HIV infection.

However if you are HIV positive, you need to get ARV and not PrEP. If you are HIV positive you do not need PrEP, you need ARV or antiretroviral drugs used to treat HIV , taken until you are undetected or UD.

If you are HIV + , why would you buy PrEP online? I just want to understand what you mean by this @30yochinese. Is it for another person? if you are not HIV+ the title of the thread is misleading.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:00 PM, 30yochinese said:
  1. sorry if u don't like me using bullet-points, i do this so if anyone posts a reply... he can use my numbering as a reference.

2. last year i went to N.C.I.D. to get PrEP, Dr Wong Chen Seong attended to me. i asked him, "Anyone who has H.I.V. what will his life be like?"

3. he gave me a look as though everyday someone asks him this question...
    he returned a caring look & said, "No difference to your daily life, just more medicines to eat."

4. i asked, "What about being imno-compromise?"
    again he assured me... the outcome will not be as bad as i imagine.

5. "Dr Wong, can i buy PrEP online?"
    he replied, "I WILL NEVER SANCTION THAT."

hope my sharing helps u 😃

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

1 hour ago, riverrobles said:

From what I understand , PrEP is only for those who has not contracted HIV yet, those whose status is HIV negative, people with high risk of getting HIV like men having sex with men. You will take a pill to prevent HIV infection.

However if you are HIV positive, you need to get ARV and not PrEP. If you are HIV positive you do not need PrEP, you need ARV or antiretroviral drugs used to treat HIV , taken until you are undetected or UD.

If you are HIV + , why would you buy PrEP online? I just want to understand what you mean by this @30yochinese. Is it for another person? if you are not HIV+ the title of the thread is misleading.

Hi. 

U misread my original post. Here's what happened:

-i see Dr Wong coz he give me PrEP, i asked him: "If i have H.I.V. what will my life be?"

-the title is: "I am diagnosed with H.I.V."

-my mistake,

I apologize,

I was writing as a "3rd Person" & not

as a 1st Person who has H.I.V.

PAISEH🤭😮😨

38 minutes ago, 30yochinese said:

Hi. 

U misread my original post. Here's what happened:

-i see Dr Wong coz he give me PrEP, i asked him: "If i have H.I.V. what will my life be?"

-the title is: "I am diagnosed with H.I.V."

-my mistake,

I apologize,

I was writing as a "3rd Person" & not

as a 1st Person who has H.I.V.

PAISEH🤭😮😨

Ok now thanks for clarifying it. 

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

hi, i called N.C.I.D.
1) the subsidised price of TRUVADA is $377 for a 1 month supply...

2) is it cheaper at D.S.C. ?                                  i don't know...

3) i can get it from N.U.H., is it cheaper there? i don't know...

4) isn't the current price more expensive than last yr? i don't know... 

FYI.

*if u are UnLucky & go to N.C.I.D. on a busy day...the waiting time to collect the drug@ THE PHARMACY will be about 45mins... instead of the usual 20mins waiting time.

Edited by 30yochinese

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 10:34 AM, 30yochinese said:

hi, i called N.C.I.D.
1) the subsidised price of TRUVADA is $377 for a 1 month supply...

2) is it cheaper at D.S.C. ?                                  i don't know...

3) i can get it from N.U.H., is it cheaper there? i don't know...

4) isn't the current price more expensive than last yr? i don't know... 

FYI.

*if u are UnLucky & go to N.C.I.D. on a busy day...the waiting time to collect the drug@ THE PHARMACY will be about 45mins... instead of the usual 20mins waiting time.

Honestly most guys buy online but from reputable sources. In Sg no matter where u get prep its always going to be costly. India and Thailand are the two largest sources of 3rd party generics.