Male HQ

Are you vaccinated? Go get vaccinated early.

Guest Kukujiao

Guest human are nice

Yes, I'm vaccinated last month.

I was late bc I thought let those on essential services or the weak n old get first.

I got my first shot last month and booked my 2nd 6 weeks later, coming up soon.

I'm 60+ yo, hale and healthy, so I figure that my buildup of anti-bodies is robust and I don't need to rush for 2nd shot to boost it.

Everybody's health condition is different so the gv policy is generally for the most vulnerable.

Still, being healthy doesn't mean I'm immune( eg healthy doesn't mean I don't need to disinfect and plaster the wound after getting a bruise ). Sometimes getting a little help is good for better chances of healing.

Getting vaccinated doesn't mean you won't get infected( bruised), it just help you to disinfect and recover better.

So many people kpkb after the 1st shot, such cry babies. I'm only a little sore where the needle poked and it cleared up after 1 day with barely any noticeable side effects till now.

• blowingwind changed the title to Are you vaccinated? Go get vaccinated early.
  • blowingwind featured and pinned this topic

Should all get vaccinated and talk to your parents and/ or grand parents.

The higher the number of vaccinated people the earlier Singapore will ease restrictions...

Those needing the vaccination most to secure their lives seem to make up the biggest groups of vaccination "refusers "   (people above the age of 50...)

On 7/25/2021 at 7:46 PM, Naveyafluz said:

2nd dose on 4Aug! 

My 2nd dose was suppossed to be on this date but I pushed forward to 28 July, lol. 

Guest guest
4 hours ago, singalion said:

Should all get vaccinated and talk to your parents and/ or grand parents.

The higher the number of vaccinated people the earlier Singapore will ease restrictions...

Those needing the vaccination most to secure their lives seem to make up the biggest groups of vaccination "refusers "   (people above the age of 50...)

Getting all vaccinated is the govt target, so that everything can resume. The thing now is no matter you are vaccinated or not vaccinated still have the risk of infected with covid and also spreading covid to others.

Guest Getvaccinated

I believe that while it's everyone choice on whether to get vaccinated or not, I'm glad the Government is looking into allowing vaccinated people to resume normal activities. This to me is a very sensible course of action as we know that while vaccinated people can get infected with Covid, their symptoms are mild and will not require hospitalisation thereby ensuring our healthcare system is not overwhelmed. If you do chose not to get vaccinated, you are still at risk and should not be outside at all. 

Guest guest

Faster go vaccine if not cannot step into restaurant to eat. Who knows govt might even stop those who are not vaccinated to dine in next time? Then not die of covid but die of cannot eat outside.

Even though just recent news stated that it is not mandatory to get vaccinated, it is still good to consider to get one. Get the pfizer or moderna. 

In fact, some HDB households have this mobile vaccination van at Residents Networks. Register and get jab inside the center.  Not sure about condo.  It prioritize seniors first but you still can get it if you want. So lookout at your block noticeboard or Resident Networks centers or visit your CC if such programme coming to the area. 

I am so pleased that America and other countries are starting to put more pressure on those unvaccinated and make life harder for them.  It SHOULD be mandatory.  In the US, healthcare workers will soon have to be all vaccinated.  The same with government employees in certain cities.  

We need the CDC to change the approval of the vaccines from temporary to full approval.  Much of the private sector is waiting for this to impose the vaccine on all of their employees without any legal issues.  

Ultimately, those who are unvaccinated should not get paid, receive money from the government, get public services, etc.  Insurance companies should not cover the cost of covid treatment for those who got hospitalized while unvaccinated.  And why not?  Health professionals like doctors and nurses should refuse to treat the unvaccinated.

Why such draconian measures?   Because those idiots who enjoy being non-compliant have been begged and offered incentives to be vaccinated for free... for too long now. Ah... after a short period, the vaccines should not be offered for free anymore. 

I like what Macron, the president of France said to the protesting unvaccinated:  you can stay home,  so that we can safely come out.  :lol:

On 7/25/2021 at 7:06 AM, lookseelooksee said:

Not vaccinated and don't intend to be.

Maybe the SG government can relocate you to some uninhabited island in the Pacific? 

Guest getvaccinated

There is always some risk when it comes to medicine, hell, we have people who are allergic to panadol. If you are worried about potential side effects from the vaccine, by all means, go and see a doctor and get yourself checked out to see if you are able to take the vaccine. By us taking the vaccine, we are building up herd immunity which will stop the spread of Covid and more importantly, reduce the risk of Covid mutating into a variant that is able to evade or defeat the current vaccine. 

And if you choose to not take the vaccine because you don’t want to, that’s fine, it’s your choice, but don’t expect to resume normal activities anytime soon and complain about how unfair it is. 

3 hours ago, lookseelooksee said:

People with heart problems should take the covid vaccine because if they get infected without it,  chances are that they have a much more severe outcome with even death than people without heart problems. The vaccine is not contraindicated for people with a "weak heart"

https://www.victorchang.edu.au/coronavirus/covid19-vaccine-and-heart-disease

Similarly, those with weakened immune systems like transplant recipients are recommended to be vaccinated,  no contraindication here either.

I don't know personally anyone who had severe side effects from the vaccine.  But two acquaintances of mine died before they could receive it. It is universally recognized that the benefits of the vaccine surpass by far its risks.

The pandemic may end soon thanks to the vaccine.  Then,  you will have reaped the benefits of the vaccine (end of the pandemic)  without having subjected yourself like we all did to the potential rare side effects of it.  This is not fair.   People who without valid real reasons refuse to be vaccinated, don't deserve any consideration. 

I take annual flu vaccines, I have higher risk than most people who never take vaccine.  Also I regularly do take vaccines for hepatitis etc…

I grew up in a family where we believe and take action to protect our health. I’m Chinese and believe in 防范胜于治疗

Just sit and pray will not help.

Edited by Le Petit Chinois

13 minutes ago, Guest China said:

Well, vaccinated or not, if there is really a need to be vaccinated, i would choose Sinovac. Why? Because it is made using the traditional method like the current flu vaccines all etc.. so it is more reliable and trusted. And furthermore its safer as compared to the other mRNA vaccines out there. 
But why govt dun consider Sinovac as one of the options in national programme? Particularly cos they are biased to the US. But have we stopped to think, didnt China come and help us out when we are in trouble? Why must we always shun China and slide to US? If there is a war, u think US will help us? Whats so great about the US? They only “bully the weak”, “promote racism”, US is always seen as the “Big Bully” who wants to be first in the whole world. Now that China is rising, they do not wish to see China become successful and wants to go all out to make China suffer.

To those Chinese people out there, no matter where u are living now, be it in the US, Australia or wadever.. always rmb ur roots! Our roots are from China! Dun forget ur roots! Without China, we chinese would have been suffering in western countries. Just see how the western ppl bully chinese in their own country. U can see that racism is real! We need a stronghold like China to push back all these racism. So therefore we must support and work alongside China together!! 
And if u say Sinovac is not effective, look at China!! Their ppl is vaccinated with Sinovac and there are no issues so far, and their covid cases remain quite low too. 
Govt shud really consider putting Sinovac into the national programme. Stop being biased! Stop being racist! We are Chinese, we support China! Long live China forever!!

🤦‍♂️ not this again. Call MOH and ask why sinovac has not yet been approved for the national programme, as you clearly need to hear it from horse’s mouth personally just for you, as you have managed to ignore how many times it has been explained in the media that they were waiting for missing data and are now evaluating…

Guest Getvaccinated

Thanks for sharing bro. I realize that this is a very emotional topic and there passions are running high. I think it’s just important to remember that by getting vaccinated, you are not only protecting yourself, but also protecting your loved ones, more so if they are unable to receive a vaccination. 

There is also the argument that vaccination doesn’t protect you from getting infected, which is true, but there is not vaccine or medicine which is 100% foolproof. Furthermore, the vaccine is so far 100% successful in preventing serious hospitalization and death. That is the main factor and consideration. 

Finally, there is a very good reason why I wouldn’t want to take Sinovac and that’s not because I trust the Singapore Government and the vaccination committee, it’s because even China has acknowledged the limitations of their vaccine.

20 minutes ago, Dart said:

I got my 1st dose of Pfizer this morning. The jab 💉 was almost painless. Transfered to be observed for 30min for any contraindication. Nothing serious except for some tingling sensation along my forehead. I was then released, pending my second dose.

Got my 2nd dose today. Fully vaccinated. No side effects as of yet. 

34 minutes ago, Dart said:

Pfizer? It should be fine if no side effects emerge after 24hrs. Just relax and take it positively 😊

Yes. Pfizer. Thank you! Yours Pfizer too? 

Guest Guest

By drinking coconut than got no side effect is  only rumours Is your immune system that make the different.Wait and see we will need another jab  next year.All vaccine take many years to be effective.Phizer only take one year so go make yr judgement.

Guest Human are nice

Just had my 2nd vaccination at Raffles City Convention Centre.

It's a breeze.

They took so much troubles to make it so convenient, it's like an army of youngsters to guide you along.

I can hardly feel the jab. And the whole registration to jab is over in minutes.

Now in observation for ½ hour for safety.

Guest Guest
On 7/29/2021 at 7:48 PM, Guest Human are nice said:

It's a breeze.

They took so much troubles to make it so convenient, it's like an army of youngsters to guide you along.

I can hardly feel the jab. And the whole registration to jab is over in minutes.

How come so fast?  No queue at the convention centre. I heard from frds that they queue for a long time at CC

Guest Guest
On 7/29/2021 at 7:48 PM, Guest Human are nice said:

It's a breeze.

Any gift?

Some frds have masks and sanitizer....some said they had nothing

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Any gift?

Some frds have masks and sanitizer....some said they had nothing

I think it all depends on the medical provider , mine just a bottle of water 🤣 .......but ya,  they should come up with more attractive gift to entice the elderly to go for vaccination. Ask NTUC to sponsor shopping voucher, afterall 自己人 must support ma.... 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest human are nice
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

How come so fast?  No queue at the convention centre. I heard from frds that they queue for a long time at CC

For 2nd jab, they already have all your info. Hence you answer a few simple safety checks  and straight to jab.

Guest guest
3 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

I think it all depends on the medical provider , mine just a bottle of water 🤣 .......but ya,  they should come up with more attractive gift to entice the elderly to go for vaccination. Ask NTUC to sponsor shopping voucher, afterall 自己人 must support ma.... 

No need attractive gifts to entice elderly to go for vaccination, since now they have make it so easy for elderly to go vaccinate, no need make any appt and just walk in. Also medical provider bring the vaccination team to their home to jab for them. Govt makes it until that there is no reason for elderly to reject vaccine now.

I got vaccinated with the 1st jab it was last July 10 and my 2nd will be on August 10.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

On 7/28/2021 at 11:08 PM, Dart said:

Pfizer? It should be fine if no side effects emerge after 24hrs. Just relax and take it positively 😊

Unfortunately I know of people who reacted v negatively to it.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I guess all of our bodies have different reaction., as for me I had diarrhea for 2 days and body lethargic for 3 days that I slept for more than 12 hours a day. I did not experience sore in injected area as was during the 1st vaccine.

34 minutes ago, Zealouslogue said:

But i reacted v positively to it leh. Hehe. 

But I neither reacted very negatively nor very positively leh. Have not been vaccinated yet mah...hehe. Ok, just kidding only.

Got my first Pfizer shot recently.

Just like dboy84 had a bit of diarrhoea, body aches and lethargy for few days.

And was given 50 masks.

Edited by yuquidam

On 7/27/2021 at 11:54 AM, Guest Getvaccinated said:

I believe that while it's everyone choice on whether to get vaccinated or not, I'm glad the Government is looking into allowing vaccinated people to resume normal activities. This to me is a very sensible course of action as we know that while vaccinated people can get infected with Covid, their symptoms are mild and will not require hospitalisation thereby ensuring our healthcare system is not overwhelmed. If you do chose not to get vaccinated, you are still at risk and should not be outside at all. 

Well said bro!

*SUPER LIKE*

PS: Even if you choose not to go out when not vaccinated, you still could get infected by family members who have to meet others in the course of their work or activities.

Edited by yuquidam

32 minutes ago, yuquidam said:

But I neither reacted very negatively nor very positively leh. Have not been vaccinated yet mah...hehe. Ok, just kidding only.

Got my first Pfizer shot recently.

Just like dboy84 had a bit of diarrhoea, body aches and lethargy for few days.

And was given 50 masks.

I had no side effects for both doses, bro. Hehe. Got a mask for each dose. 

4 hours ago, fab said:

Unfortunately I know of people who reacted v negatively to it.

Every individual reacts differently. The night of the vaccination, my left injected arm was swollen. Then it gradually subsided. I hope my 2nd jab will not be worse.

Fab, have you been vaccinated yet?

11 hours ago, gc0805 said:

Is your vaccine Moderna? If it's Pfizer, bring it forward a week, so that you can be fully vaccinated before National Day😁

Mine was Pfizer, thanks for the tip!

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

My experience:

in 30s, healthy and relatively fit, Pfizer jab

1st dose

7 to 8 hrs after jab: arm start to feel sore

2nd day: arm was pretty sore, very slight fever and headache

3rd day: all side effects gone

2nd jab (after 3 weeks)

6 to 7 hrs after jab: arm start to feel sore, more than during 1st jab

2nd day: arm was pretty sore, had fever and headache

3rd day: soreness in arm almost gone, very slight fever and slight headache

4th day: all side effects gone

i was told the healthier you are, the more side effects you will experience as your body needs to fight harder.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.