Male HQ

Are you vaccinated? Go get vaccinated early.

Guest Kukujiao

On 11/2/2021 at 10:36 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Unless one go through a complete medical check up days before the shot,  otherwise it will be difficult to justify if the problem is due to the shot or it was an underlying medical condition. 

Probably don't have to go for the shot immediately after 6 month. 6 month maybe good for those above 60 or with weak immune system. Otherwise can stretch a bit longer, like Japan,  they actually recommend the shot after 8 months. 

3 shots of vaccine in your body within 6 month is a bit too much, well protected but can your body take it?  

On 11/6/2021 at 11:18 PM, Guest guest said:

Is this true for may people or just some people are unlucky? Maybe people got vaccine too often, this is why body is overdose? Imagine within 1 year period and you got vaccinated 3 times!

there are other vaccines where you have to take multiple shots over a period of time - this is just how some vaccines work, like those for hepatitis for example. This is not ‘overdosing’.

best would be to talk to your doctors about your concerns and what the right approach would be for you if you have concerns. 

On 11/6/2021 at 11:21 PM, Guest guest said:

Your 2nd dose already reached 6 months? I am not very comfortable to go take booster shot 6 months from my 2nd dose, i find too fast. 

Nope not yet 6 months from my second dose. When i see doctor due to side effect from my second dose, the doctor told me the more jab you get the better immunity and thus the side effect will be more. Maybe this is the way what was told to the doctor from above as well. Similar to what was told to my mother, those older with lesser immunity will get lesser side effect.

On 11/7/2021 at 8:48 AM, Guest Wtf said:

there are other vaccines where you have to take multiple shots over a period of time - this is just how some vaccines work, like those for hepatitis for example. This is not ‘overdosing’.

best would be to talk to your doctors about your concerns and what the right approach would be for you if you have concerns. 

Good advice bro!

On 11/8/2021 at 1:22 AM, yoyo74 said:

Nope not yet 6 months from my second dose. When i see doctor due to side effect from my second dose, the doctor told me the more jab you get the better immunity and thus the side effect will be more. Maybe this is the way what was told to the doctor from above as well. Similar to what was told to my mother, those older with lesser immunity will get lesser side effect.

Means if you get side effects from your vaccine jab is good? If no side effects means no good? Looks like we need to get 3rd, 4th and 5th jab, and our immunity will become like superman?

What side effects you had until you need to go see doctor?

On 11/6/2021 at 11:18 PM, Guest guest said:

Is this true for may people or just some people are unlucky? Maybe people got vaccine too often, this is why body is overdose? Imagine within 1 year period and you got vaccinated 3 times!

I also find it is a bit much. plus mRNA technology is about replication into our system. so it already multiplied in our body, but pumped up as the 3rd time with the booster. at some point the body will react, cos it's gone decades without this element, suddenly overloaded by it within 1 year. the body won't attack it, immunity will not be compromised, but it is craxy to say that the body has no issue processing this change. hence, side effects.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 11/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, tomcat said:

I also find it is a bit much. plus mRNA technology is about replication into our system. so it already multiplied in our body, but pumped up as the 3rd time with the booster. at some point the body will react, cos it's gone decades without this element, suddenly overloaded by it within 1 year. the body won't attack it, immunity will not be compromised, but it is craxy to say that the body has no issue processing this change. hence, side effects.

are you not better off reading information from credible sources rather than just speculating on what you think might or might not happen based on whatever limited knowledge you have? Nothing you have said is accurate. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Since COVID-19 is gonna be endemic like the flu virus, it means all will get it sooner or later.

It's up to individuals to protect themselves in whatever ways they deem fit from severe or deadly outcomes.

So Sinovac, anyone? 

NOTE:

No vaccines are 100% without side effects. A very small percentage had experienced (temporary?) paralysis of facial muscles, etc.

Edited by yuquidam

On 11/13/2021 at 12:15 PM, Guest Wtf said:

are you not better off reading information from credible sources rather than just speculating on what you think might or might not happen based on whatever limited knowledge you have? Nothing you have said is accurate. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

nobody even talking to you, sis. im only sharing my thoughts, where i am allowed to ponder and speculate. 

stay mad.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 11/15/2021 at 1:46 PM, tomcat said:

nobody even talking to you, sis. im only sharing my thoughts, where i am allowed to ponder and speculate. 

stay mad.

I’m not mad, sis, but if you post nonsense in a public forum that is open for  comments, don’t be surprised when people then, er, comment.

Nobody is stopping you from speculating, they’re just pointing out that what you wrote is not accurate. 

On 11/22/2021 at 1:31 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Booster shot from 6 month interval  to 5 month, really desperate liao....within 2 weeks can recieve 3 reminder messages for booater shot ha.... 

Wait until they indirectly ''mandatory'' people to go take booster shot, if not you are not fully vaccinated. Then this is called desperate.

On 11/24/2021 at 12:26 PM, Guest guest said:

Wait until they indirectly ''mandatory'' people to go take booster shot, if not you are not fully vaccinated. Then this is called desperate.

Definitely, vaccine do have a 1 year expire date, meaning those who have taken 2 shots in jan probably would be considered unvaccinated soon if they dont take the booster shot. 

On 11/24/2021 at 12:38 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Definitely, vaccine do have a 1 year expire date, meaning those who have taken 2 shots in jan probably would be considered unvaccinated soon if they dont take the booster shot. 

If vaccine has a 1 year expiry date, then why they ask people to go take booster 5 months after their 2nd dose? 

On 11/24/2021 at 4:37 PM, Guest Guest said:

If vaccine has a 1 year expiry date, then why they ask people to go take booster 5 months after their 2nd dose? 

Effective rate for vaccine start to drop after 6 month to 50% or less, that's why need a booster. While most countries are looking at 6 - 8 months interval,  we are pushing for 5  months but then is your body,  you decide. 

Edited by Healing Therapy

• 2 weeks later...

Done with booster but it seems that a lot of people are not taking. I remember sometime in end aug,  they are busy boosting our full vaccination rate at 80% and given the 5 month lapse for booster,  which means by next month,  these 80% would have recieved their booster jab but as of now is only 28%. 

If you trust the govt,  you should follow their advice and if you dont trust them,  the more you should go as omicrone is getting nearer and nearer day by day.  

On 12/6/2021 at 12:12 AM, lonelyglobe said:

Done with booster but it seems that a lot of people are not taking. I remember sometime in end aug,  they are busy boosting our full vaccination rate at 80% and given the 5 month lapse for booster,  which means by next month,  these 80% would have recieved their booster jab but as of now is only 28%. 

If you trust the govt,  you should follow their advice and if you dont trust them,  the more you should go as omicrone is getting nearer and nearer day by day.  

But it is not only the Singapore government promoting the booster! All European governments recommended boosters. 

It is more about trusting the scientists...

From what I read, the anti bodies, reaction wanes off after 6 months , in particular older people seem to be less protected against Covid. Therefore, the booster. 

It is meant to keep everyone out of hospitals because of Covid. 

You should be happy that you live in a more privileged country that can afford the vacvinations from the two most effective vaccines instead!

Just look around Singapore and compare the vaccination rate...

Booster rate now only 28%? I believe govt would step in to ''force'' people to go take booster soon, like how they pushed up the vaccination rate. Even though the booster jab seems low, but so far most of the people i know went to take their booster jab once reached 5/6 months. So far no heard anyone not taking.

《Omicron》y now spell wrong, previously spell correct. lol 

so now we still consider vaccinated with 1st 2 jabs rt? not with booster rt?

On 12/9/2021 at 4:18 PM, Guest Guest said:

《Omicron》y now spell wrong, previously spell correct. lol 

so now we still consider vaccinated with 1st 2 jabs rt? not with booster rt?

Oops... Both jab still considered vaccinated as long as within a year,  1 year is the official expiry date for vaccine but then since booster rate is so low,  they may want to make it 9 month, i m sure they are thinking of ways to push up the booster rate, so lets see.... 

On 12/8/2021 at 11:01 PM, Guest guest said:

Booster rate now only 28%? I believe govt would step in to ''force'' people to go take booster soon, like how they pushed up the vaccination rate. Even though the booster jab seems low, but so far most of the people i know went to take their booster jab once reached 5/6 months. So far no heard anyone not taking.

Thought the gov already said the vaccination cert will expire if the booster is not done after 6 months from 2nd dose...

NBC News Digital

Pfizer study shows booster shot protects against Covid-19 omicron variant

Pfizer has shared that its first two vaccines do not hold up well against the emerging omicron variant. However, the third shot, the booster, provides 25 times the protection against omicron.

Dec. 9, 2021

Edited by singalion

On 12/10/2021 at 1:57 AM, singalion said:

Thought the gov already said the vaccination cert will expire if the booster is not done after 6 months from 2nd dose...

Did they announced such news? Maybe i missed the news?

Guest Fuck covid
On 12/9/2021 at 11:27 PM, singalion said:

This is not true, no such announcement by gahmen yet.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:03 AM, Guest GUEST said:

Did they announced such news? Maybe i missed the news?

Only for china vaccine,  3 months after second dose need to go for the third one, otherwise your vaccintaion  status changed. 

On 12/10/2021 at 11:59 AM, Guest Fuck covid said:

Any idea when will the booster shots be rolled out for under 30 years old adults?

Now only for those in SAF and healthcare sector etc... but since omicron is in the community,  probably they will change soon. 

On 12/10/2021 at 1:57 AM, singalion said:

Was indicated in an interview of the Covid Minister Ong but currently still under review. 

Some European countries implemented laws that people who don't take the booster will be considered "unvaccinated" after lapse of certain time...

Can predict it will come in SGP also, in particular after new science results on effectiveness of Pfizer/Biontech against the new variants appeared...just some days ago. 

Singapore mulls COVID-19 boosters requirement to qualify as 'fully' vaccinated

Reuters

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore is considering requiring its residents to get a booster shot to qualify as fully vaccinated against COVID-19, its health minister said on Tuesday, as it seeks to protect its population from the Omicron variant.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/singapore-let-more-workers-return-office-next-year-2021-12-14/

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/singapore-mulls-covid-19-boosters-requirement-to-qualify-as-fully-vaccinated/ar-AARN5Mq?ocid

Full story in Covid thread...

Here you can see I m not posting any rumours or untruths.

=> Means for everyone :

1) Get vaccinated

2) Get boostered

• 2 weeks later...

Effectiveness of vaccine slows down if you don't booster. 

What are the side effects of both mRna vaccines compared to being sent to a hospital and placed under a respirator for 3 weeks! 

Please place all into the proper relation. 

The immunity from the 2nd dose too low to catch the variants. 

But everone is free to do what he wants. 

You have the liberty to decide preferring to die instead of taking the booster shot!

The choice is yours....

On 12/9/2021 at 4:46 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Oops... Both jab still considered vaccinated as long as within a year,  1 year is the official expiry date for vaccine but then since booster rate is so low,  they may want to make it 9 month, i m sure they are thinking of ways to push up the booster rate, so lets see.... 

Finally..... 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/validity-of-fully-vaccinated-status-will-expire-nine-months-after-last-dose-of-primary-vaccination-from-feb-14

Yup, fully vaccinated 👌

Just curious to find out, did anyone here encounter super rude, unfriendly, yaya papaya staff in the vaccination Centre? 

Frankly, I did, throughout my 3 times visit.... Which makes me wonder, what is there to be yaya about for working in a vaccination Centre? While the department concerned has been telling people to respect and treat their staff nicely, but seriously thinking, are they over protected, which causes them to rose high up and turn back to 'bully' the public when they feel stress at work. 

Yes, people in this line are really having a tough path during this predemic period, but let's be sensible and be fair, respect is to be earned, by been professionally, and not forcefully wanting people to respect, when there's no better behaviour coming from their side. 

Just my personal view, cause just suffered a big humiliation from one of the staff at a vaccination Centre at the west side of sg this morning. 

Cool.... Hope his 'great' behaviour could earn him much respect from others. 

So far the staff at the vacc centre in the east (manned by Raffles Medical) I visited had been very courteous.

I believe respect has got to be mutual in all relationships and all situations.

The party that first shows no respect then deserves no respect, period. 

Will not hesitate to question, on the spot, a person's UNCALLED for rudeness whatever the position he holds, whatever his age and whatever the situation.

It goes both ways be it for the one serving or for the one being served. 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:01 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Booster to booster jab..... Israel already start their 4th jab and SG should be next month for those who took booster jab in sept. 

Hiaz... no know jab until when ler... very sian.

OTOH better not complain. Many people of poorer countries wan to jab also no have.

Edited by yuquidam

On 1/11/2022 at 2:51 AM, Bdman78 said:

Yup, fully vaccinated 👌

Just curious to find out, did anyone here encounter super rude, unfriendly, yaya papaya staff in the vaccination Centre? 

Frankly, I did, throughout my 3 times visit.... Which makes me wonder, what is there to be yaya about for working in a vaccination Centre? While the department concerned has been telling people to respect and treat their staff nicely, but seriously thinking, are they over protected, which causes them to rose high up and turn back to 'bully' the public when they feel stress at work. 

Yes, people in this line are really having a tough path during this predemic period, but let's be sensible and be fair, respect is to be earned, by been professionally, and not forcefully wanting people to respect, when there's no better behaviour coming from their side. 

Just my personal view, cause just suffered a big humiliation from one of the staff at a vaccination Centre at the west side of sg this morning. 

Cool.... Hope his 'great' behaviour could earn him much respect from others. 

What did that staff has done to make you feel humiliated?

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.