Jump to content
Happy Birthday Singapore

Are you vaccinated? Go get vaccinated early.


Guest Kukujiao
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/11/2021 at 1:23 PM, Guest Guest said:

My experience:

 

in 30s, healthy and relatively fit, Pfizer jab

 

1st dose

7 to 8 hrs after jab: arm start to feel sore

2nd day: arm was pretty sore, very slight fever and headache

3rd day: all side effects gone

 

2nd jab (after 3 weeks)

6 to 7 hrs after jab: arm start to feel sore, more than during 1st jab

2nd day: arm was pretty sore, had fever and headache

3rd day: soreness in arm almost gone, very slight fever and slight headache

4th day: all side effects gone

 

i was told the healthier you are, the more side effects you will experience as your body needs to fight harder.

No wonder seldom hear those above 40s and elderly have much side effects after the jab. Always hear those below 40s experience side effects and some even have pretty bad side effects. But most of these people jab Pfizer. As for moderna, so far like never hear many people experience much side effects. Most side effects come from Pfizer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2021 at 9:25 PM, Guest guest said:

 As for moderna, so far like never hear many people experience much side effects. Most side effects come from Pfizer.


Huh, most of the stronger side effects are from Moderna, that’s why its not as popular. But does not mean its not effective

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2021 at 8:25 PM, Guest Huh said:


Huh, most of the stronger side effects are from Moderna, that’s why its not as popular. But does not mean its not effective

But heard those cases where people have serious side effects, allergy or even indirectly died are from Pfizer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2021 at 9:05 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Apparently moderna have a higher effective rate compare to pfizer when it came to delta variant, over 70% for moderna, Pfizer only over 40%.

It is due to moderna has higher dosage? Pfizer efficacy now only have over 40%? But the media still hear them say Pfizer efficacy rate is over 90% against covid, that's why they keeps asking people to go jab.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2021 at 8:30 PM, Guest guest said:

It is due to moderna has higher dosage? Pfizer efficacy now only have over 40%? But the media still hear them say Pfizer efficacy rate is over 90% against covid, that's why they keeps asking people to go jab.

 

On 8/16/2021 at 8:27 PM, Guest guest said:

But heard those cases where people have serious side effects, allergy or even indirectly died are from Pfizer?


please stop spreading fake news and rumors.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 10:31 PM, Dart said:

I got my 1st dose of Pfizer this morning. The jab 💉 was almost painless. Transfered to be observed for 30min for any contraindication. Nothing serious except for some tingling sensation along my forehead. I was then released, pending my second dose.

 

After a month's lapse, today's my 2nd dose. I'm now fully vaccinated. Feeling fine except for a bit of soreness in the injected area. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2021 at 11:48 PM, Dart said:

 

After a month's lapse, today's my 2nd dose. I'm now fully vaccinated. Feeling fine except for a bit of soreness in the injected area. 

 

Congrats

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2021 at 11:48 PM, Dart said:

 

After a month's lapse, today's my 2nd dose. I'm now fully vaccinated. Feeling fine except for a bit of soreness in the injected area. 

 

You took moderna? That's why waited so long for your 2nd dose? If today is your 2nd dose, you still need to wait 14 days to become fully vaccinated status.

 

I don't know can i go for my vaccine this weekend, cause i have headache for this few days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 6:11 PM, Guest LookAtTaiwanNum said:

if two shots do not work, what is the logic the third shot will?

 

it is insane to repeat the same thing and expect a different result. 

To them the vaccination work in reducing severity if a person got infected with covid, and reduce death and ICU. So expect to have 4th and 5th shot coming endlessly if covid situation by then is still serious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The main purpose of vaccination is not to prevent infection but rather prevent people from jamming up hospitals and ICU while they continue to open up. Even if kena but vaccinated,  u can stay at home to recover, hospital will reserve for those unvaccinated as they tend to have more serious consequences. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2021 at 12:04 AM, lonelyglobe said:

The main purpose of vaccination is not to prevent infection but rather prevent people from jamming up hospitals and ICU while they continue to open up. Even if kena but vaccinated,  u can stay at home to recover, hospital will reserve for those unvaccinated as they tend to have more serious consequences. 

This is exactly the point. In fact, if covid19 is endemic everyone will need a shot every year to prevent serious illness or death. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2021 at 5:17 AM, yuquidam said:

This is exactly the point. In fact, if covid19 is endemic everyone will need a shot every year to prevent serious illness or death. 

Guess the youngsters need booster shot next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 6:11 PM, Guest LookAtTaiwanNum said:

if two shots do not work, what is the logic the third shot will?

 

it is insane to repeat the same thing and expect a different result. 

Very soon it will become a situation where we have our annual flu jab against influenza. 😊 It becomes a new norm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest LookAtTaiwanNum
On 9/17/2021 at 11:43 PM, Guest guest said:

To them the vaccination work in reducing severity if a person got infected with covid, and reduce death and ICU. So expect to have 4th and 5th shot coming endlessly if covid situation by then is still serious. 

 

On 9/18/2021 at 12:04 AM, lonelyglobe said:

The main purpose of vaccination is not to prevent infection but rather prevent people from jamming up hospitals and ICU while they continue to open up. Even if kena but vaccinated,  u can stay at home to recover, hospital will reserve for those unvaccinated as they tend to have more serious consequences. 

 

i doubt the vaccine reduce severity. Assuming it does, and therefore prevent the jamming up of hospitals and ICU, then the gov should find ways to push for REAL open up; for example, vaccinated people MUST unmask except non-vaccinated people. If still masking and still social distance, we can't be sure the vaccine is really effective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2021 at 4:55 PM, Guest LookAtMumbaiNumbers said:

The bad news: Only 18% in Mumbai Metropolitan Region are fully vaccinated.

The good news: Over 86% Population have antibodies.

Really ah? I thought only 82%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 4:38 PM, lonelyglobe said:

WHO said there is no need for booster shot for most people, why SG not listening this round?

 

Anyway,  FDA have not quite approve those with Moderna jab to go for booster shot as Moderna last longer than the rest. 

SG thought going for booster shot can resolve the current covid situation? Same like when SG target for 80% vaccination rate, and thought covid would become stable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you didn’t have much side effects with the first 2 shots, then good to go for the 3rd. If you are one of those where your blood pressure shot up after getting the vaccine, then perhaps don’t go for the 3rd, or go for a non mRNA one. By next year, the effects of the 2 shots probably won’t be enough to protect against the virus, although more studies are required since vacciness and this virus is new.

vaccines alone won’t help. If you hear someone coughing or sniffling, move away. Social distancing is still important rather than just relying on the vaccine. Be responsible and stay at home if you are sick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

.. my bad..

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2021 at 9:54 PM, dllm said:

Don't feel like going. Haven't recovered from my 2nd 💉😖. But it seems like being forced to take 3rd 💉😓

What do you mean "haven't recovered"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2021 at 9:54 PM, dllm said:

Don't feel like going. Haven't recovered from my 2nd 💉😖. But it seems like being forced to take 3rd 💉😓

Now govt still haven't force people to go take booster shot yet. They only encourage. I would not be surprise that they might come out rule later that say if people after 6 months from their 2nd dose don't go to take booster shot, their fully vaccinated status would be gone. And they are not allowed to go work, go malls and dine outside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2021 at 12:43 PM, Guest guest said:

Now govt still haven't force people to go take booster shot yet. They only encourage. I would not be surprise that they might come out rule later that say if people after 6 months from their 2nd dose don't go to take booster shot, their fully vaccinated status would be gone. And they are not allowed to go work, go malls and dine outside.

Their despicable tactics ma. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a lot more active symptoms seen with the booster across the board.

 

my team, family, friends all report one key ailment:

 

pain/sore/ache in the back, lie down also not comfortable, can be accompanied with a fever.

 

 one specifically went for test and doc said his kidney is inflamed and overloaded after booster.

 

what the hell is in the booster sia....seems more gao than the actual vac

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2021 at 2:59 PM, tomcat said:

a lot more active symptoms seen with the booster across the board.

 

my team, family, friends all report one key ailment:

 

pain/sore/ache in the back, lie down also not comfortable, can be accompanied with a fever.

 

 one specifically went for test and doc said his kidney is inflamed and overloaded after booster.

 

what the hell is in the booster sia....seems more gao than the actual vac


wow, what are the chances that everyone you know what report the exact same thing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless one go through a complete medical check up days before the shot,  otherwise it will be difficult to justify if the problem is due to the shot or it was an underlying medical condition. 

 

Probably don't have to go for the shot immediately after 6 month. 6 month maybe good for those above 60 or with weak immune system. Otherwise can stretch a bit longer, like Japan,  they actually recommend the shot after 8 months. 

 

3 shots of vaccine in your body within 6 month is a bit too much, well protected but can your body take it?  

Edited by lonelyglobe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2021 at 7:24 AM, Guest Wtf said:

 


please stop spreading fake news and rumors.

 

Actually the other guest did not spread fake news. I have heard from our ch8 tv news about Pfizer only 40% plus against delta variant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have already taken 2 doses of mordena. Below are the side effects.

First dose:

Not much side effect except left arm starting to get more and more pain and second day is the most painful until arm can hardly move. Third day forward pain starting to reduce than around 4th day almost fully recover.

Second dose:

Left arm pain same as first dose and duration of healing almost the same. But this second dose got additional side effect of migrain or severe headache for me and body feels extremely hot and uncomfortable. Side effect same as first one around 4th day fully recover. The doctor at the clinic told me booster shot side effect will even be more severe due to better immunity but i not yet taken booster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2021 at 2:59 PM, tomcat said:

a lot more active symptoms seen with the booster across the board.

 

my team, family, friends all report one key ailment:

 

pain/sore/ache in the back, lie down also not comfortable, can be accompanied with a fever.

 

 one specifically went for test and doc said his kidney is inflamed and overloaded after booster.

 

what the hell is in the booster sia....seems more gao than the actual vac

Is this true for may people or just some people are unlucky? Maybe people got vaccine too often, this is why body is overdose? Imagine within 1 year period and you got vaccinated 3 times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2021 at 2:50 AM, yoyo74 said:

I have already taken 2 doses of mordena. Below are the side effects.

First dose:

Not much side effect except left arm starting to get more and more pain and second day is the most painful until arm can hardly move. Third day forward pain starting to reduce than around 4th day almost fully recover.

Second dose:

Left arm pain same as first dose and duration of healing almost the same. But this second dose got additional side effect of migrain or severe headache for me and body feels extremely hot and uncomfortable. Side effect same as first one around 4th day fully recover. The doctor at the clinic told me booster shot side effect will even be more severe due to better immunity but i not yet taken booster.

Your 2nd dose already reached 6 months? I am not very comfortable to go take booster shot 6 months from my 2nd dose, i find too fast. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
counter