Male HQ

Next door neighbor's rubbish got blown into my property

Guest annoyed

Guest annoyed

I started noticing our next door neighbor's rubbish especially the annoying plastic packaging got blown into my property by winds and stuck in between plants as a result of their overflowing garbage bin. This lasted for a few months and eventually I had had enough so I am considering the following actions in order of preference:

1. Take photos and write a letter to them, is it too dramatic?

2. Knock on their door and talk to them?

Thank you in advance if I don't reply for your comments or advises.

• G_M changed the title to Next door neighbor's rubbish got blown into my property

I had a similar situation except that mine was rubbish openly put in the corridor until it spills over to my side and main door. I tried talking to them but the old auntie just scolded me for being 'ba dao' and selfish. I still smile to them, no point getting yourself angry. I will just take pictures cos recently there has been dengue cases and officers have been making rounds to ask me to remove 'my rubbish' from the common corridor which i had nothing apart from 2 pairs of slipper for going to the market. 

I do take pictures on a sequential basis just in case the i get into trouble with those officers. 

Guest annoyed

Just an update that I chose the first option wrote a very polite letter with photos of their rubbish attached, provided my email in case they want to respond. And the next day they sent me a well-composed email profusely apologized for the inconvenience that I had to pick their rubbish up and will make sure it doesn't happen again but also not happy/dramatic that I chose option 1 instead of 2 - it's their problem as I hardly talk to neighbors. It's in their onus this is something they can control or prevent in the first place.

Anyway thanks to those who commented.

Guest guest
1 hour ago, Guest annoyed said:

Just an update that I chose the first option wrote a very polite letter with photos of their rubbish attached, provided my email in case they want to respond. And the next day they sent me a well-composed email profusely apologized for the inconvenience that I had to pick their rubbish up and will make sure it doesn't happen again but also not happy/dramatic that I chose option 1 instead of 2 - it's their problem as I hardly talk to neighbors. It's in their onus this is something they can control or prevent in the first place.

Anyway thanks to those who commented.

Good that they are understanding and cooperative.

Guest annoyed
2 hours ago, Behrhunter said:

I had a similar situation except that mine was rubbish openly put in the corridor until it spills over to my side and main door. I tried talking to them but the old auntie just scolded me for being 'ba dao' and selfish. I still smile to them, no point getting yourself angry. I will just take pictures cos recently there has been dengue cases and officers have been making rounds to ask me to remove 'my rubbish' from the common corridor which i had nothing apart from 2 pairs of slipper for going to the market. 

I do take pictures on a sequential basis just in case the i get into trouble with those officers. 

These days with so many inconsiderate idiots, you need to take photos that's will send the message to them that you have the photos to support your complain to the authority against the offender(s).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.