Male HQ

Help needed: How to reply director email

Guest Email

Guest Email

Just received director email for thanking me for coming early and stay back late for a recent work. But I feel like they were sensing that either I am not happy or stress for staying back late or because alot of work. I feel like I'm in a deep shit. Don't know how to reply the email. Maybe because I look quiet and with that resting bitch face. Haiz. I feel so paiseh. But how to write the email without sounding so hypocrite or trying to cover something. How to tell director that I am ok but just that I am quiet type. But of course boss would prefer to employ cheerful, and pleasant staff. If I say I am shy and quiet type and all my social akward problem would that make me look even worse.

Why don't just say, thank you, I am just doing my job!

The management don't care if you are cheerful or pleasant or quite and socially awkard. They just want to know if you are able to do your job.

If you are cheerful and pleasant but can't do the job, you will be fired.

So don't overthink things.

You don't need our approval on how you should act, because you are not us and we are not you. What we tells you don't matter. You live the life you choose and reacts to situations best befits your personality. Don't need to be something you are not.

Guest Fatty
1 hour ago, Guest Email said:

Just received director email for thanking me for coming early and stay back late for a recent work. But I feel like they were sensing that either I am not happy or stress for staying back late or because alot of work. I feel like I'm in a deep shit. Don't know how to reply the email. Maybe because I look quiet and with that resting bitch face. Haiz. I feel so paiseh. But how to write the email without sounding so hypocrite or trying to cover something. How to tell director that I am ok but just that I am quiet type. But of course boss would prefer to employ cheerful, and pleasant staff. If I say I am shy and quiet type and all my social akward problem would that make me look even worse.

“Hello Boss,

So how much increment you giving me this year?”

Guest Email
1 hour ago, GachiMuchi said:

The management don't care if you are cheerful or pleasant or quite and socially awkard. They just want to know if you are able to do your job.

You don't need our approval on how you should act, because you are not us and we are not you. What we tells you don't matter. You live the life you choose and reacts to situations best befits your personality. Don't need to be something you are not.

Thank you Gachimuchi for the advice. The reply is short and straight to the point. 

You may reply your director like this:

至 敬仰的老总

您这些年的照顾与关心让吾莫此难忘。

俗语说"拿人钱财替人消灾"。老总您的事就是吾的事。如老总有所吩咐,吾必赴汤蹈火再所不齿以报老总厚爱之恩。吾始终都以"敬业乐业"为宗旨把工作好好完成。

望老总安心无忧。

忠诚的员工 上。

Guest Overpaid directors

Aiya your director just feeling guilty that he is paid 15k per month and you low pay. Come earlier than him and leave later than him 

4 hours ago, Guest Email said:

Don’t reply. Thank him in person and clarify if you want. Email is just black and white and cold. 

You can reply in email, so that there is a record of your response. 

Acknowledge that you appreciate the fact that the director recognize your efforts and the hard work you've put in. Keep it positive. Say something like you enjoy the experience, and learnt a lot from it to be better at your job. If there are opportunities like this for you to learn again in the future you like to be considered for it. 

You are projecting a positive message in your email. You've demonstrated being a team player. You showed that you can get things done, and is open to more responsibilities. Smiling from time to time at work does not hurt. 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

Guest Email

Dear GachiMuchi,

I have sent a short and straight to the point email back to my director. and my director replied me back that she appreciates my dedication. Should I reply back the email or just full stop.

14 hours ago, GachiMuchi said:

Guest Lady Boss
1 hour ago, Guest Email said:

I have sent a short and straight to the point email back to my director. and my director replied me back that she appreciates my dedication. Should I reply back the email or just full stop.

Is a "She"....hmmm.   Don't let her exploit your good nature and then  add more work.    Know when to stop working late everyday otherwise people take that it is your habbit (blind faith) and jump on you immediately after you stop doing so.  Play with the time, the mind and the heart without having to jeopardize your work. 

Could it be a mass email template she sent to everyone.

Even so, have to compliment her spending time and effort. Most bosses can't be bothered.

19 hours ago, Guest Email said:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.