Male HQ

Can the battery for Macbook 2014 model be replaced? If yes, where?

kidster

The cable displays green light but it's not charging sometimes.

Is it worth to replace batt as I have been using for the past 7 years? Everything still in good working condition. i7 with 16GB ram somemore.

4 hours ago, kidster said:

Is it worth to replace batt as I have been using for the past 7 years? Everything still in good working condition. i7 with 16GB ram somemore.

Yes, most batteries for laptops are replaceable. And if everything is working fine and only the battery is dead, it’s a good idea to extend the life of a working device by replacing just the faulty part!

I don’t think Apple will be keen or charging okay prices for battery replacement, especially for an older device but Sim Lim Square’s 5th and 6th floor has a number of stores dedicated to Mac repairs and they’re reliable- they usually provide the price on the spot, with warranties for the batteries if anything does happen 🙂

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

Echoing @Rhyn's suggestion- The shops at Sim Lim Square do replace batts at reasonable prices. I have the a similar macbook that I just replaced the batts. Now it's working almost as good as new! 

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2021 at 1:06 AM, NtuLad15 said:

Echoing @Rhyn's suggestion- The shops at Sim Lim Square do replace batts at reasonable prices. I have the a similar macbook that I just replaced the batts. Now it's working almost as good as new! 

Thanks. Do you recall which floor and the unit no.?

I remember there is a shop run by PRC. Very cheap and professional 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 7:26 PM, kidster said:

Is this a MB or a MBA? There were no MB launched in 2014.

If budget allows, a refurbished mac laptop is also a good bargain provided you could get some cash back when you dispose of it.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

On 10/30/2021 at 8:47 AM, bwf15 said:

Is this a MB or a MBA? There were no MB launched in 2014.

If budget allows, a refurbished mac laptop is also a good bargain provided you could get some cash back when you dispose of it.

13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display 512GB 3.0 GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3L SDRAM

Early 2014 model I think

On 11/1/2021 at 8:24 PM, kidster said:

13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display 512GB 3.0 GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3L SDRAM

Early 2014 model I think

Sometimes, there are students who might buy models in reasonable working conditions to tie them over the school period. Carousell could be a good site to post for sale. The RAM & HD are reasonable for school work and daily stuff.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:37 AM, bwf15 said:

Sometimes, there are students who might buy models in reasonable working conditions to tie them over the school period. Carousell could be a good site to post for sale. The RAM & HD are reasonable for school work and daily stuff.

Sorry bro. Students are richer than working adults now. Obsolete models aren't their cup of tea. I posted on carousell for years. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.