Male HQ

For confuse Christian who feel guilt about sexy feelings, watch how the R.C. becomes indefensible by western debaters.

Guest Pam Anderson

Guest Pam Anderson

Watch and learn how to rip your opponents to shreds , and get prepared with your defence , and stop letting ancient idealogies make you miserable and feel guilt. 

Free yourself from guilt. 

The idealogy is full of mistakes and missteps. 

On this side of the world, the history is not emphasized. 

But historical facts are historical facts.

But this debate requires some serious brain power and British english .

But watch Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry rip their opponents to shreds and pieces. 

STAY CALM AND CARRY ON.

Stop being wishy washy.

Guest Pam Anderson

STEPHEN FRY , also played the character of Oscar Wilde, a celebrated writer in old England , who was later exposed as a fairy. 

In the 1997 movie , you will get to see a very young Orlando Bloom as a rent boi, and a very young handsome and full haired Jude Law playing Oscar Wilde's FB. 

The movie just shows how society , esp Brits have moved on. 

Is the Catholic Church a Force of Good in the World?

I was raised in the Catholic Church, and I like it.   I wish it could exist without having anything real to be blamed for. 

I embrace the Christian philosophy, that is, what Jesus Christ allegedly taught and preached.  This leaves out all the old Jewish fantasies.

I also wish that I could believe in the Christian dogmas, but for this I would need to disable my rational mind, something out of the question.

Perhaps a compromise could be reached:  the religion is good in the world.  The ORGANIZED religion is the evil. The evil starts with its claim that it has the truth, and those who challenge it are totally wrong.  And it continues with fact that the "truth" they have was created by them.

Perhaps the evil of the ORGANIZED religion could be removed by...  removing the ORGANIZATION.  Why does Christianity need anything more than the message of Christ being made public universally?  Isn't this "catholic" (universal) enough?  The hierarchy of the Catholic Church could be dismantled, maybe churches could be left for communal place of worship, with a lay coach in charge.  But isn't this what Protestantism is supposed to be?   Bah, not an ideal solution either  :( 

It is sad to hear about the last years of Oscar Wilde's life.  I like his "The Portrait of Dorian Gray" very much.  But then, he also contributed to his bad ending...

Edited by Steve5380

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The ORGANIZED religion is the evil. The evil starts with its claim that it has the truth, and those who challenge it are totally wrong.  And it continues with fact that the "truth" they have was created by them.

Stephen Fry makes very good points in that excellent video. As indeed does the late Christopher Hitchens. Together they make a formidable case and the two opposing debaters get almost nowhere.

I totally agree that it is "organised religion's" belief that they hold the absolute truth that has resulted in much that was evil in world history and that some remains to this day. But I think we have also to take into account that organised religion does not just apply to the Roman Catholic Faith. Most religions have originally promoted dogma that has been proved totally wrong. And is it not extraordinary that it was the splits in various religions that have resulted in much of that evil and certainly most of the many wars in human history? Did Jesus ever think his Christian faith would split into three defined sexts - RC, Orthodox and Protestant - and several smaller ones? Did the Prophet Muhammad believe that his teachings would result in the Sunni Shia split so soon after this death?

I sometimes think the world would be much better off if we returned to the oldest of all the monotheistic faiths, Zorastrianism, still practised today in part of Iran and elsewhere. The pop singer Freddie Mercury was one of its adherents. Zorastrianism was practised for a millennium in Persia until the country was overrun by Islamic hordes who forced a change to the Shia faith. Even today, though, a small group of Zorastrians are still permitted to practice their religion in that country. I know little about the religion. In wikipedia it states, "The religion states that active and ethical participation in life through good deeds formed from good thoughts and good words is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay." 

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

It is sad to hear about the last years of Oscar Wilde's life.  I like his "The Portrait of Dorian Gray" very much.  But then, he also contributed to his bad ending...

Wilde's life was extraordinary in many ways. A brilliant scholar at the Universities of Dublin and Oxford, he then moved to London. With is flamboyant dress and glittering conversation, he became one of the best known personalities of the day. He married, I believe happily, and had two sons. A master of the short, pithy epigram, one was "I can resist everything except temptation." As the movies point out, one temptation was a young Canadian named Robert Ross. A first year student at Cambridge University, Ross was openly gay even at the age of 17. He fell in love with the idea of being Wilde's lover. When they met a few months later, Ross succeeded. He and Wilde did become lovers. Ross had already had sex with Lord Alfred Douglas, known as Bosie to his fiends. Soon Ross introduced Wilde to Bosie - and the rest is history.

Bosie'a father was the Marquis of Queensberry, a man much loathed by many, including those in the peerage and in parliament. Since it was believed in high society that Queensberry's eldest son and heir was gay, Queensberry had become a complete homophobe. On then learning of Wilde's relationship with Bosie, he determined to end it. Trying unsuccessfully to find Wilde at his club (all society men belongs to clubs in those days), Queensberry left a note "For Oscar Wilde - posing as a sodomite." A vain man, Wilde stupidly sued for libel. As the trial was going on, Queensberry quietly had private detectives comb through Wilde's life, learning about the male brothels he attended and the rent boys and underage boys he sometimes had sex with, most introduced to him by Bosie. Wilde soon dropped his libel trial. The day after Queensberry counter sued. Wilde was found guilty and sentenced to two years hard labour.

The trials ruined Wilde's reputation, his health and resulted in his becoming bankrupt. On his release he fled to continental Europe. He died in Paris aged 46, only the ever-faithful Robert Ross at his side. Considering the way he had been treated by Bosie, another of Wilde's epigrams is especially pertinent. "True friends stab you in the front."

Oscar Wilde was one of the 50,000 gay men who were officially pardoned after the 1860s anti-homosexual law was changed in England in 2017. That law is called the Alan Turing law after the great World War 2 code breaker who committed suicide in 1954 after being found guilty of being gay.

Edited by InBangkok

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rendezvous
On 8/3/2021 at 9:38 PM, Guest Pam Anderson said:

STEPHEN FRY , also played the character of Oscar Wilde, a celebrated writer in old England , who was later exposed as a fairy. 

In the 1997 movie , you will get to see a very young Orlando Bloom as a rent boi, and a very young handsome and full haired Jude Law playing Oscar Wilde's FB. 

The movie just shows how society , esp Brits have moved on. 

A great actor. We should have lot of actors like him

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.