Male HQ

Discussion on American Native Indians

Steve5380

Q: How do Trump supporters on Facebook behave when they are truly, and obviously, losing an argument on Native Americans?

A: They rudely and obnoxiously make 10 straight posts, and 17 of 20, to try crowding out all other opinions on Native Americans!

Guest Meanly Preacher

I am cool with Native American Heritage Month despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is imposed by outsiders.

I am cool with Asian History Month Month despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name should only reference humans.

I am cool with Black History Month despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is somehow offensive to their own race.

I am cool with Native Public Media despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is imposed by outsiders.

I am cool with the Asian-American Television & Film Festival despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name should only reference humans.

I am cool with Black Entertainment Television despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is offensive to their own race.

I am cool with the Native American TV Writers Lab despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is imposed by outsiders.

I am cool with the Center for Asian-American Media despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name should only reference humans.

I am cool with Black News Channel despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is offensive to their own race.

I am cool with the Native American Journalists Association despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is imposed by outsiders.

I am cool with the Asian American Journalists Association despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name should only reference humans.

I am cool with National Association of Black Journalists despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is somehow offensive to their own race.

I am cool with Native American Vote despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is imposed by outsiders.

I am cool with Stop Asian American Pacific Islander Hate despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name should only reference humans.

I am cool with Black Lives Matter despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is somehow offensive to their own race.

On 8/28/2021 at 12:31 PM, singalion said:
On 8/28/2021 at 6:30 AM, Guest 2003 said:

Trump supporters

On 8/28/2021 at 6:30 AM, Guest 2003 said:

Trump-supporting

On 8/27/2021 at 1:05 PM, Guest 2003 said:

like a Trump supporter

It is just too obvious that you are one and the same person and hiding behind these different Guest profiles, which is common to you, because of your personal insecurity and inferiority complex you always need to make it look as if there is a huge group out there supporting your posts.

(Not sure how to call this complex of yours ... but maybe "I pretend I don't stand alone complex" would be suitable) Nobody would harp on this "Trump supporter " thing as you do. There is no need to change any guest nicks, I very well know who you are.

So in addition to making 10 straight posts, and 17 of 20, to try crowding out all other points of view about Native Americans, Singalion has also resorted to his worn out distraction of claiming multiple guests are all the same guest, by cherry picking two (or four) words from much longer sentences. First of all ... I wrote both of those quoted posts ... so of course I am the same person in the three above instances.

Maybe you should take the advice of Nancy Reagan and just say no to drugs. Focus instead on engaging in a much-needed effort to improve your reading comprehension, because for a native speaker of English, your understanding of many things being posted on Blowing Wind is at a worse level than some of my classmates who only started seriously studying the language a few years ago in secondary school.

On 8/28/2021 at 12:31 PM, singalion said:
On 8/28/2021 at 11:40 AM, Guest Unridiculous Equivocations said:

just like a Trump supporter

What you did there by cutting his full sentence down to five words has to be one of the most dishonest and deceptive actions ever carried out on Blowing Wind. If you think that will make somebody believe he and I are the same poster, which we are not, you need to immediately check yourself into the Betty Ford Clinic.

On 8/28/2021 at 11:40 AM, Guest Unridiculous Equivocations said:

You don't know when to stop arguing, and you simply double down no matter what, just like a Trump supporter to borrow the words used by Guest 2003.

That is his actual sentence, which you deceitfully truncated on both ends, in a pure scheme of blatant gaslighting. He made it totally clear that he was paraphrasing and crediting me, which I thank him for, as it proves my assessment of your shady behavior is spot on the money.

Such mendacity confirms everything I posted about your minset earlier in this thread. You may not agree with everything Trump supporters like, but you benefit from the same White Privilege as them, and you believe you are justified in distorting the quotes and statements of Blowing Wind guests the same way Trump supporters believe they are justified in distorting the quotes and statements of Democrats and Extreme Leftists on Facebook and Right Wing Nut Job social media sites like Parler.

You have wastefully tarnished whatever credibility you might have previously built up by needlessly bending the truth in such a repulsive manner. I greatly urge you to resist the temptation of slicing up people's posts for nefarious purposes in the future. If you want to claim the moral high ground, then don't adapt the same tactics as Trump supporters, which is exactly what you did in a pathetically misguided effort to wrongfully accuse Guest Unridiculous Equivocations and I of being the same poster.

So you claim to know who I am? Yeah, old man, I'm the teenager who just exposed your complete and utter shamefulness in front of this entire website. You would be well advised to put aside your hyperinflated ego and lay low in this thread going forward, because if you keep fucking with the next generation, you're going to keep finding out ... and I guarantee ... you will not like the consequences!

Guest Unridiculous Equivocations

The title of this thread isn't really accurate because there is no such thing as "American Native Indians" -- it should be either the more modern and respectful "Native Americans" or the outdated and geographically incorrect "American Indians" -- but they can't both be combined into a nonsensical three-word term that doesn't even exist.

Guest Rakutenn
On 9/4/2021 at 2:15 PM, Guest Unridiculous Equivocations said:

The title of this thread isn't really accurate because there is no such thing as "American Native Indians" -- it should be either the more modern and respectful "Native Americans" or the outdated and geographically incorrect "American Indians" -- but they can't both be combined into a nonsensical three-word term that doesn't even exist.

First nations sounds just right. 

Neutral and yet dignified. 

But of course their status is less than ideal. 

Powerless and pushed around and pushed aside. 

More can be done to elevate their poverty. 

Can start by not giving them reserve land that cant grow food.

On 9/4/2021 at 1:50 AM, Guest Rakutenn said:

More can be done to elevate their poverty. 

Can start by not giving them reserve land that cant grow food.

More can be done to elevate all people out of poverty, and not only the American Indians.

But American Indians receive support.

And they can grow food on their reserve land.  

Here is an article about American Indians  (notice that this is their name used here, nothing wrong with it):

https://www.sare.org/wp-content/uploads/People-of-the-Land.pdf

On 9/4/2021 at 2:50 AM, Guest Rakutenn said:

First nations sounds just right. Neutral and yet dignified. But of course their status is less than ideal. Powerless and pushed around and pushed aside. More can be done to elevate their poverty. Can start by not giving them reserve land that cant grow food.

Nothing wrong with First Nations at all, because it is an awesome and dignified name, proving once again why Canada is a much better nation than the USA in many respects. At least they try to address, if not redress, the wrongs of history rather than doubling down on mistakes because of catering to White Privilege comfort level.

Speaking of reservations, there is a new TV show called "Reservation Dogs" (name is a pun on the title of Quentin Tarantino's old movie "Reservoir Dogs") which has been getting rave reviews (and some justified criticism as well).

It is basically a "Breaking Bad" style anti-hero series about a group of Native American (First Nations) teenagers committing petty crimes in an effort to steal enough money to leave their Oklahoma reservation and move to California where they hope to start better lives.

My favorite cast member is Lane Factor, who plays the character named Cheese, as he is just 16 and really cute (for those who are into the adorable young chub look). He is the youngest member of the gang, and appears to be the least interested in the criminal aspect of their schemes, but goes along out of loyalty to his friends.

Asian-American actor and comedian Bobby Lee has what seems to be a potentially recurring role playing a doctor at the reservation hospital which makes him one example of the program's representation and intersectionality among the USA's various races.

The majority of the buzz surrounding "Reservation Dogs" is obviously because this is the first somewhat mainstream television series created by, written by, starring, and focusing on truly portraying the lives of modern Native Americans (First Nations). But it is pretty good regardless of race from what I have seen so far.

Now that the program has been renewed for a second season, hopefully the showrunners can learn from the constructive criticism that has poured in, and work through issues like Black cultural appropriation (side-by-side with a sometimes anti-Black tone) and a lack of Native/Black mixed race representation in any characters (despite D'Pharaoh Woon-A-Tai, who plays Bear, being part Black or maybe part Indian). This is a good start but the program can definitely be improved next year.

On 9/4/2021 at 1:50 AM, Guest Rakutenn said:

First nations sounds just right. 

Neutral and yet dignified. 

I don't find "first nations" any name dignified or neutral.  Instead, it does not make sense.

What is a "first nation"?  Nations have existed since the beginning of civilizations.  WE DON'T KNOW which one was FIRST.

And "native" means born in the place, not necessarily descending from pre-Colombian people in America.

All this nonsense is pushed on societies eager to be politically correct because someone started politicizing the word "Indian" ! 

On 9/1/2021 at 12:40 AM, Guest Unridiculous Equivocations said:

So you found one article from 2019 written by an TRT World employee who hates being called Black -- someone who works at a television station that only exists to produce propaganda for the Turkish dictator Erdogan -- and is not in any way whatsoever a "newspaper article from the US" as you falsely (or ignorantly) claimed. Learn what you are linking to before just grabbing the first thing Google finds that agrees with your personal opinion. TRT World is no more credible than Fox News, Russia Today, Sputnik, CGTN, or Xinhua.

You are trying to have it both ways by falsely claiming it is offensive to refer to Black people as Black people -- based on your own very limited knowledge and almost nonexistent contact with actual Black people while relying on one article from a Turkish government propaganda operation that enjoys interjecting discord into the West -- and then saying the name "Black Lives Matter" is okay because "African American Lives Matter" would be confusing. That is some serious Fox News type pretzel logic right there. Just ridiculous.

You could do a better research yourself first...

The author of the article named Vava Tampa is African American  himself writes for various media.

Therefore, your accusations against me go totally fail.

As often you simply blow hot air out of nothing and by taking things out of proportion blowing a lot of unnecessary wind on BW.

Vava Tampa

As seen in: CNN, MSN, The Guardian, Al Jazeera, International Business Times (U.K.), TRT World, WDSU-TV (New Orleans, LA), Genetic Literacy Project, WYFF-TV (Greenville, SC)

Vava Tampa is a freelance writer.

His article was covered in various media.

Just for your additional info: Tampa is not an employee of TRT World. Therefore you point was wrong also.

Which shows: You don't do any own research but just post to attack others here.

Should the term 'black' to describe people of African origin be retired?

The terms 'black' and 'negro' were coined to dehumanise people from the African continent to serve the imperialist and colonial agendas of Europe and the US.

-------------------

It served as evidence that there are African Americans or British Africans that have issues with the name "Black" or do not intend to be called "Black". That was the whole aim of quoting his article as people here said that all African American agree to be called "Blacks".

As usual your post was just an attack on me and nothing other and in the end a self goal because you managed to embarrass yourself again at BW.   I assume you just overexposed yourself again.... 🤣

Edited by singalion

On 9/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, Guest 2003 said:

So you claim to know who I am? Yeah, old man, I'm the teenager

If you had been that teenager you claim to be then you hadn't been pestering BW members since 2007.

But maybe your delusional definition of teenager covers 48 year old guys like yourself...

On 9/3/2021 at 11:00 PM, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

I am cool with Native American Vote despite a certain Blowing Wind member insinuating that the name is imposed by outsiders.

Isn't the name Native American  or First Nation Americans imposed on these communities by outsiders?

National Museum of the American Indian.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the correct terminology: American Indian, Indian, Native American, or Native?

All of these terms are acceptable. The consensus, however, is that whenever possible, Native people prefer to be called by their specific tribal name. In the United States, Native American has been widely used but is falling out of favor with some groups, and the terms American Indian or indigenous American are preferred by many Native people.

https://americanindian.si.edu/nk360/faq/did-you-know

The Native American name controversy is an ongoing discussion about the changing terminology used by the Indigenous peoples of the Americas to describe themselves, as well as how they prefer to be referred to by others. Preferred terms vary primarily by region and age. As Indigenous peoples and communities are diverse, there is no consensus on naming, aside from the fact that most people prefer to be referred to by their specific nations.

The United States government responded by proposing the use of the term "Native American" to recognize the primacy of Indigenous peoples' tenure in the country. The term has become widespread nationally but only partially accepted by various Indigenous groups. Other naming conventions have been proposed and used, but none is accepted by all Indigenous groups.

Isn't this sufficient evidence that the name "Native American"  is again imposed on them against their own will???

Why do you then intend to impose yourself a name on these peoples???

You are just ignorant to the fact that so far these groups have not agreed on a common name on their own. As long as they have not agreed to a name, don't give them any other name.

If you had some sense of democratic values you had recognised that you should leave the naming to this community and not stick another name on them that they eventually don't want to have.

Let them decide how they want to be named!

If the National Museum of the American Indian, a Smithsonian Institute with branches in Washington DC and New York

a) carries this name of American Indian

b) has not changed the name until today

c) in respect of the US culture of political correctness still carries this name...and

d) clarifies that the name American Indian is ok,

do you seriously intend to tell anyone at BW that there  is anything wrong if people prefer to call these communities "American Indian"?

They even clarify that many of these communities prefer to be called "American Indian".

I would recommend other to adapt to a new term once the American Indian communities have agreed on a different name for them.

National Museum of the American Indian.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the correct terminology: American Indian, Indian, Native American, or Native?

All of these terms are acceptable. The consensus, however, is that whenever possible, Native people prefer to be called by their specific tribal name. In the United States, Native American has been widely used but is falling out of favor with some groups, and the terms American Indian or indigenous American are preferred by many Native people.

https://americanindian.si.edu/nk360/faq/did-you-know

Guest Meanly Preacher
On 9/4/2021 at 1:38 PM, Steve5380 said:

I don't find "first nations" any name dignified or neutral.  Instead, it does not make sense. What is a "first nation"?  Nations have existed since the beginning of civilizations.  WE DON'T KNOW which one was FIRST. And "native" means born in the place, not necessarily descending from pre-Colombian people in America. All this nonsense is pushed on societies eager to be politically correct because someone started politicizing the word "Indian" ! 

If you have such a problem with the term First Nations, take it up with the Canadian Federal Government and the Canadian Tribal Governments, as they are the authorities who decided to make that an official term in their country.

Write them a letter claiming the term First Nations doesn't make sense. Write them a letter claiming nobody knows if they were the first people in what is now known as the nation of Canada. Write them a letter claiming they aren't the true natives of your continent. Write them a letter claiming they should just continue to accept being inaccurately called Indians. Write them a letter claiming their identity is politically correct nonsense.

Of course you will never do that. You don't even remotely have the courage needed to stand up against the real people that you mockingly disparge behind your anonymous keyboard in the USA trying to dictate to the rest of the world.

On 9/6/2021 at 7:11 AM, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

If you have such a problem with the term First Nations, take it up with the Canadian Federal Government and the Canadian Tribal Governments, as they are the authorities who decided to make that an official term in their country.

Write them a letter claiming the term First Nations doesn't make sense. Write them a letter claiming nobody knows if they were the first people in what is now known as the nation of Canada. Write them a letter claiming they aren't the true natives of your continent. Write them a letter claiming they should just continue to accept being inaccurately called Indians. Write them a letter claiming their identity is politically correct nonsense.

Of course you will never do that. You don't even remotely have the courage needed to stand up against the real people that you mockingly disparge behind your anonymous keyboard in the USA trying to dictate to the rest of the world.

I don't have the courage?   No, it's simply that what you suggested is so dumb!

I am not a Canadian citizen.  So why should I get involved with their naming conventions?  This should also be the thought of Asians living far away from America who object to "American Indian". 

I enjoy the freedom to think what I want about "First Nations".  You also should have the freedom to make dumb suggestions to whoever you want.  I don't know about you, but I live in "a land of the free". :D

On 9/6/2021 at 8:11 PM, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

I need to correct you here:

The word First Nation is commonly used in Canada but not official .

First Nations is a term used to describe Indigenous peoples in Canada who are not Métis or  Inuit. First Nations people are original inhabitants of the land that is now Canada, and were the first to encounter sustained European contact, settlement and trade. According to the 2016 census by Statistics Canada, 977,230 people in Canada identified as being of First Nations heritage, a growth of 39.3 per cent since 2006. There are 634 First Nations in Canada, speaking more than 50 distinct languages.

Terminology

First Nations is a term used to describe Indigenous peoples in Canada (sometime referred to as Aboriginal peoples) who are not Métis or  Inuit.

Section 35 of the Constitution Act of 1982 declares that Aboriginal peoples in Canada include Indian (First Nations), Inuit and Métis peoples. First Nations people are often known by other names, like Indians, Natives or Amerindians. These names may be problematic, as some have negative connotations, while others (Indian in particular) have specific legal meanings in Canada. Using any general term almost always requires further clarification. For the most part, First Nations people are Status or Treaty Indians registered with their home reserve, band or community.

“First Nations” should be used exclusively as a general term, as community members are more likely to define themselves as members of specific nations, or communities within those nations. For example, a Mohawk (Kanienkehaka) person from Akwesasne who is a member of the Bear clan may choose any number of identifiers, which would all be more accurate than simply “First Nations person” “Indigenous.” When discussing groups of people from differing backgrounds, it is appropriate to use First Nations as a general group name, (e.g., a group of First Nations chiefs) provided that there are no Inuit or Métis members.

Before the 1980s, the most popular term for a person of First Nations heritage in Canada was Indian. In 1980, hundreds of chiefs met in Ottawa and used “First Nations” for the first time in their Declaration of the First Nations. In 1982, the National Indian Brotherhood became the Assembly of First Nations, the political voice for First Nations people in Canada. Symbolically, the term elevates First Nations to the status of "first among equals" alongside the English and French as founding nations of Canada. It is also reflective of the sovereign nature of many communities, and the ongoing quest for self-determination and self-government. The term is not used by Indigenous peoples outside Canada.

The Canadian Constitution is still talking of "Indians" .

Government of Canada

Indigenous peoples and communities

‘Indigenous peoples' is a collective name for the original peoples of North America and their descendants. Often, ‘Aboriginal peoples' is also used.

The Canadian Constitution recognizes three groups of Aboriginal peoples: Indians (more commonly referred to as First Nations), Inuit and Métis. These are three distinct peoples with unique histories, languages, cultural practices and spiritual beliefs.

More than 1.67 million people in Canada identify themselves as an Aboriginal person, according to the 2016 Census.

https://www.rcaanc-cirnac.gc.ca/eng/1100100013785/1529102490303

Indian Status

Indian Status is a legal identity defined by the Indian Act. It applies to some Indigenous peoples in Canada. People with status, known as Status Indians (or Registered Indians), fit the criteria for status as laid out in the Act.

What is Indian Status?

Section 35(2) of the Constitution Act, 1982 defines three groups of Aboriginal peoples — Indians, Inuit and Métis.

First Nations is nothing official in that sense. It is more a common practice in Canada to call these people First Nations.

Also note the Inuit and Metis in Canada are not part of the commonly used name of First nations.

Edited by singalion

On 9/6/2021 at 8:43 PM, Steve5380 said:

I don't have the courage?   No, it's simply that what you suggested is so dumb!

I am not a Canadian citizen.  So why should I get involved with their naming conventions?  This should also be the thought of Asians living far away from America who object to "American Indian". 

I enjoy the freedom to think what I want about "First Nations".  You also should have the freedom to make dumb suggestions to whoever you want.  I don't know about you, but I live in "a land of the free". :D

Hey Steve, you don't be so ignorant.

Canada has the same problems with that name "Indian" as the US.

My personal point here is only:

As long as in both countries there is no common name, which was decided by all of the involved communities on their own and for Canada (as long as the Canadian constitution calls these people "Indians") I don't think we should impose any name on them, second as long as this goes on, you can't blame anyone who calls them "American Indians".

To me it doesn't matter whether Columbus landed on the wrong island but for centuries it is just common practice how there communities have been named.

The suffix Indian has no denigrating factor.

Maybe for North East Asians or people of north East Asian origin, the word "Indian" is problematic.

Let these people decide on their name.

Nobody would start calling the Maori now First Nations or Native Aotearoarians...

On 9/6/2021 at 11:14 AM, singalion said:

Hey Steve, you don't be so ignorant.

Nobody would start calling the Maori now First Nations or Native Aotearoarians...

I have no problems with being completely ignorant of subjects which have no importance to me.  

I suspect that until very recently  (yesterday?) you had no idea what Aotearoa is.  And I didn't have it either.

Thanks to spending one minute on the Internet, anybody can learn new things and feel less ignorant than others.  So often, "knowledge" is simply "I read it before you will do".

What makes a difference is the ability to do RESEARCH.  This was the most valuable skill I got out of my PhD degree. This is the ability to become a REAL expert in a subject in a short period of time.  There are not many subjects that justify the effort of doing real research, and the alternate names of American Indians in the US and Canada is definitely NOT worth such effort.  

It is more important to treat American Indians with respect,  the same as any other minority in any other place, than to agonize over what name to call them.

On 9/7/2021 at 2:23 AM, Steve5380 said:

I have no problems with being completely ignorant of subjects which have no importance to me.  

We are completely aware of this.

But recognising you own flaws is a good start to improve... 😂

The question would be then, why do you still focus on this subject?

On 9/6/2021 at 11:46 PM, singalion said:

We are completely aware of this.

But recognising you own flaws is a good start to improve... 😂

The question would be then, why do you still focus on this subject?

Of course you are aware of this,  since this is the case with most people,  you included.

I recognize my own flaws.  And not a start, but most of my life.  And you?

Why do YOU focus on this subject?  You have some American Indian blood through your veins?

On 9/7/2021 at 1:24 AM, singalion said:

You are wrong on this. ha ha. But as I would need to share personal details, not going into it.

There is a nice book on short stories from gay life in NZ, which was given to me 20 years ago and the title is...

"Aotearoa"...   is this in the title of the short gay stories from Aotearoa?  

Why are you afraid to share some personal details?  You are in perfect anonymity here.  And is the title of this book "personal detail"?

On 9/6/2021 at 5:43 AM, singalion said:

You could do a better research yourself first...

WTF kind of English is that? A proper sentence would be "you could do better research yourself first" ... what the heck is "a research" ... or "two researches" for that matter! I can't believe I'm wasting my freaking time bothering with an intellectual lightweight whose only even somewhat usable skill is copying and pasting garbage from the internet and can't even properly communicate in English.

Anyway I don't give the slightest damn where Viva Tampa Bay Lightning works ... his/her/its article was published on TRT World which you falsely claimed was a US newspaper ... so just admit you made a mistake and stop being a weasel. You look pathetic. As for some Black people hating being called Black, there are also Gays who hate being called Gay, look hard enough and you will find anything.

Spamming this thread by repeatedly posting the same article from Tampa and the same blurb from the National Museum of the American Indian (which never changed its name because governments move slowly and the USA is also a very racist country) is the same thing you always accuse @7heaven of doing in the USA Politics thread. If you don't like him doing it there then you shouldn't do it here.

As for your repeated false claims that I have a zeal to attack you, that is your racist white ego speaking, and you are dead wrong. You are literally a nobody who could not make a decent living in your own nation. conned a job off a company in Singapore, and now spend your free time trying to act superior to Asians on Blowing Wind. Nobody cares about you here and your privilege means zilch.

On 9/8/2021 at 2:09 AM, Guest Unridiculous Equivocations said:

WTF kind of English is that? A proper sentence would be "you could do better research yourself first" ... what the heck is "a research" ... or "two researches" for that matter! I can't believe I'm wasting my freaking time bothering with an intellectual lightweight whose only even somewhat usable skill is copying and pasting garbage from the internet and can't even properly communicate in English.

Anyway I don't give the slightest damn where Viva Tampa Bay Lightning works ... his/her/its article was published on TRT World which you falsely claimed was a US newspaper ... so just admit you made a mistake and stop being a weasel. You look pathetic. As for some Black people hating being called Black, there are also Gays who hate being called Gay, look hard enough and you will find anything.

Spamming this thread by repeatedly posting the same article from Tampa and the same blurb from the National Museum of the American Indian (which never changed its name because governments move slowly and the USA is also a very racist country) is the same thing you always accuse @7heaven of doing in the USA Politics thread. If you don't like him doing it there then you shouldn't do it here.

As for your repeated false claims that I have a zeal to attack you, that is your racist white ego speaking, and you are dead wrong. You are literally a nobody who could not make a decent living in your own nation. conned a job off a company in Singapore, and now spend your free time trying to act superior to Asians on Blowing Wind. Nobody cares about you here and your privilege means zilch.

Not bad for the communication of a piece of your mind :lol:.  It must have been enjoyable to write it, ha ha.

It will be interesting to see what @singalion responds to this...   brace yourself!   😃😆

On 9/9/2021 at 12:11 PM, Steve5380 said:

Not bad for the communication of a piece of your mind :lol:.  It must have been enjoyable to write it, ha ha.

It will be interesting to see what @singalion responds to this...   brace yourself!   😃😆

I guess you omitted the word "troubled" before the word "mind" at your first sentence...

There is no need to respond, Steve because it is not worth to respond.

In particular looking at this petty grammar thing...  There is only one Guest Guest at BW who would comment on grammar when he runs out of arguments.

As if he thought nobody at BW knows what Guest was hiding behind that Guest profile...

On 9/8/2021 at 3:09 PM, Guest Unridiculous Equivocations said:

National Museum of the American Indian (which never changed its name because governments move slowly

Further, someone who doesn't know that a Smithsonian Museum is not at all government related  but an independent institution...but claims he knows anything serious about the US, what else do you want to say? That he could do a better research??? 🤣

His whole usual attack comes also to the same as wishing me out of Singapore... and attacking me on my alleged skin colour, as if this is not the best sign of his own prejudices and racism?

Not worth to waste any effort,  @Steve5380.  But let's have a good laugh that once again he exposed his lack of knowledge on the Smithsonian... I just love his self goals every time ending in his own embarrassment...

Edited by singalion

On 9/9/2021 at 2:21 AM, singalion said:

Not worth to waste any effort,  @Steve5380.  But let's have a good laugh that once again he exposed his lack of knowledge on the Smithsonian... I just love his self goals every time ending in his own embarrassment...

A good laugh is also my response to the attacks by guests here.  It is one of the benefits I see in having "guests" in BW.

On 9/9/2021 at 4:18 AM, Nightingale said:

How ironical!  A racist who keeps repeating "white ego" "white privilege" for no reason and yet calling others racist!

Where's your proof that Singalion could not make a decent living in his country?

Where's your proof that he conned a job off a company here?

Where's your proof that he's as free as you?

It's easy to throw mud at others but there is always a "heavenly mirror" that reflects whatever mud you are throwing.

It was also my surprise in this thread to see the association of accepting the name "American Indian" with "white privilege" made by some guests.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:11 AM, Steve5380 said:

It will be interesting to see what @singalion responds to this ... brace yourself! 😃😆

Stop encouraging people to argue and then stepping aside to pretend like you have nothing to do with it. I am sure the moderators agree such behavior goes against this website's clear anti-flaming rules while your ancient attitude and refusal to get with the times are the reasons this thread is up in the first place.

On 9/6/2021 at 6:49 AM, singalion said:

If you had been that teenager you claim to be then you hadn't been pestering BW members since 2007. But maybe your delusional definition of teenager covers 48 year old guys like yourself ...

Whatever CF you are doing, you need to go to rehab, because your habit is illegal in Singapore. I was four-years-old in 2007, which means I haven't (not hadn't which is more of your crap English the other guest mentioned above) been pestering anyone here since that time, as I only came across it in 2019.

On 9/9/2021 at 7:19 AM, Nightingale said:

Nothing surprising about troll tactics.  The English saying that a drowning man will clutch at straw - in this case the racist straw - but he still drowns.  🤣

Well... if he still drowns... that is the end of him and then peace is restored.  But this does not seem to be the case. There is a saying in Spanish:  "Yerba mala nunca muere"  (bad weeds never die)..  :lol:

On 9/9/2021 at 7:40 AM, Guest 2003 said:

Whatever CF you are doing, you need to go to rehab, because your habit is illegal in Singapore. I was four-years-old in 2007, which means I haven't (not hadn't which is more of your crap English the other guest mentioned above) been pestering anyone here since that time, as I only came across it in 2019.

Well... that explains it.  You are 17 y.o.,  a minor I imagine, and therefore you have not acquired yet maturity and common sense.  As a teenager you have the right to have absurd opinions, like you communicate,  and there is hope that with the years you will become a wiser and more reasonable adult. 

On 9/9/2021 at 12:11 PM, Steve5380 said:

Flaming... ha ha

What is there flaming... just trying your luck again in getting Steve banned?

Steve5380 is just aware how smartly I can defend myself against flaming troll like Guest Guest and his other Guest acronyms aka 2003, Unridiculous Equivocations, at BW.

Wasn't it yourself who said:

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen...  

I would say in my own proverb creation:

Who started the fire shouldn't then call for the fire brigade...

On 9/9/2021 at 8:40 PM, Guest 2003 said:

If you had been that teenager you claim to be then you hadn't been pestering BW members since 2007. But maybe your delusional definition of teenager covers 48 year old guys like yourself ...

I gave you the benefit of doubt that you stopped.... in that sense my grammar was correct.

But you just confirmed that you continue pestering BW members even today...

About your age: Better take a deep look into the mirror...

On 9/9/2021 at 8:40 PM, Guest 2003 said:

I was four-years-old in 2007, which means I haven't (not hadn't which is more of your crap English the other guest mentioned above) been pestering anyone here since that time, as I only came across it in 2019.

Moderators:

May I ask what you do with Guests who are be-low the age of 1-8 years (<Banned Words>)?

It seems that above guest according his own posts was posting here2 years as a minor and he still might be one!

Edited by singalion

Guest Meanly Preacher
On 9/6/2021 at 12:04 PM, singalion said:

I need to correct you here:

The only thing you "need to correct" is your own personal psychopathy. I don't care what you "think" about Native Americans, and I don't care about the long and boring "manifestos" you copy and paste from other sources, because I simply ignore them and move on to the next post.

Your "ideas" on this subject are completely meaningless to me, just like the "thoughts" of @7heaven on USA Politics, so what you "need to do" is quit wasting your time, because you don't know what you're blabbering about, and I'm not indulging your nasty attention fetish any longer.

The only thing what I did was to show you that until today the legal definition of American "Indian" in Canada has not yet officially changed. 

I quoted from the Canadian government. 

This is important information for everyone at BW to know. 

And in same way it highlights a certain exaggeration of the issue by some Guests here at this thread. 

If the official legal term in Canada being "American Indian" has not changed and is in 2021 still officially used by the Canadian government, the how do you intend to criticise people who use same term?

If you can't accept being corrected at BW then you are surely on the wrong forum!

Why should Members keep their eyes closed when Guests post incorrect things at BW? 

Aren't you the one who often calls for the society's action when you deem something incorrect? 

On 9/9/2021 at 10:55 AM, singalion said:

Moderators: May I ask what you do with Guests who are be-low the age of 1-8 years (un-d-er-a-ge)? It seems that above guest according his own posts was posting here 2 years as a minor and he still might be one!

Too many CF episodes must have clouded away your supposed smartness. I typed that I came across Blowing Wind in 2019. That means it's when I first started reading this website. I never posted on Blowing Wind until after my 18th birthday this past January.

Now unless you think the moderators can prevent people from just browsing this website before they turn 18, stop diverting this thread with your lies about me being as old and decrepit as you, as well as your other lies falsely accusing me of being random guests.

This thread is about Native Americans, not a personal pity party, where you can tell lies to make yourself feel better for wasting your life and ending up milling away at a dead-end job in a nation where you hate the local inhabitants due to your racial prejudices.

On 9/12/2021 at 12:30 AM, singalion said:

The only thing what I did was to show you that until today the legal definition of American "Indian" in Canada has not yet officially changed. 

I quoted from the Canadian government. 

This is important information for everyone at BW to know. 

Yes, it is extremely important.  This information is so important that it should be a condition to be able to post at BW!

Guest Racist Comments Are Racist

Moving this conversation back to Native Americans where it belongs, and away from narcissists trying to hog the spotlight with juvenile arguments, CBS did a cool story about a groundbreaking cartoon character.

Nice to see this Native American cartoon character turning racial stereotypes upside down and serving as a role model for children whose tribes have been under-represented and maligned in the media for too long.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:05 PM, Guest Racist Comments Are Racist said:

narcissists trying to hog the spotlight with juvenile arguments

There's a devious "reason" for that.

E_d-FFHUcAQNnhP?format=jpg

It is a problem all over the internet.

On 9/23/2021 at 8:25 AM, Guest Unridiculous Equivocations said:

There's a devious "reason" for that.

E_d-FFHUcAQNnhP?format=jpg

It is a problem all over the internet.

LOL!  This is comical.  I like it.

But getting serious,  even white dudes are entitled to their opinion. 

Some similar to what you posted is what I think when I read what some Asian dudes post in the thread "All USA Political Discussions".   They blabber about all the politics in the US,  Biden, Pelosi, Trump, etc. etc. like they are experts, ... but do they live in the US?  Yet they exhaust all the oxygen in the thread, ha ha.

Guest Meanly Preacher

Traitor Trump's racist census didn't count Native Americans in certain categories.

The sabotage and damage caused by those evil racists will reverberate for years.

Racist message seen on a truck in Oklahoma after Biden signed a proclamation declaring Monday as Indigenous People's Day.

It is about time Native Americans and other Indigenous People of the Americas were celebrated rather than evil colonist scum.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:55 PM, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

I agree with "Coach Pop spitting".   The benign figure of Columbus of my childhood changed as I learned more of what his discovery and his people did to the indigenous. 

To celebrate Columbus Day is like to celebrate the birthday of Hitler and call it "Holocaust Day"

I am all for social programs aimed at improved the status of the American Indians, descendants of the original habitants of the American continent.  Not only in the US, but in whichever country they are still in existence.

But I have nothing against the name "American Indians",  or shorter, "Indians".

Guest Salmon Swirl Quit His Girl

The virtue signalling and victim blaming continues but the leftist snowflakes forgot that the strong people in Singapore, America, Canada, Europe, and everywhere else already know the truth about the ongoing history erasure.

FBGjcLZVUAAP2Sf?format=jpg

On 10/14/2021 at 6:25 AM, Guest Salmon Swirl Quit His Girl said:

The virtue signalling and victim blaming continues but the leftist snowflakes forgot that the strong people in Singapore, America, Canada, Europe, and everywhere else already know the truth about the ongoing history erasure.

FBGjcLZVUAAP2Sf?format=jpg

I like your picture, and I want to elaborate further...

IF you are a cute younger Asian,  Hug an older White person, especially if he is from America, like Houston Texas...

because these are the ones that brought you the cellphone, the Internet, and earlier the automobile, the telephone, the color television, the designer clothes and fine watches, and soon the trips to outer space.  :) 

On 10/14/2021 at 12:51 PM, Guest Meanly Preacher said:
+

+

We have something like this in Argentina, instead of "Columbus Day".

Since 1917, on the 12th of October we celebrate the "DIA DE LA RAZA".   (day of the Hispanic Race)  Here "Hispanic" does not mean the Spanish people but the merge of the original American Indians with the Spaniards that came to America, which is what is the native population in Hispanic America  (mainly South America).  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.