Male HQ

ABBA - Back With 2 New Songs!

Guest ABBAlicious

Guest ABBAlicious

After decades, the reunion many have been waiting for. New album end of the year with these 2 new songs.

I Still Have Faith In You

Don’t Shut Me Down

Guest Abbalicious
On 9/3/2021 at 11:51 PM, Guest Oldies said:

Too self-conscious of ageism in the lyrics. Not cool.

They should just get straight into commercial mindless pop like before.

Whatever rhymes is mamamia.

I find the tune awkward at some points but has it’s moments, the lyrics a bit try-hard to fit in, quite unpolished.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:40 AM, Guest Abbalicious said:

I find the tune awkward at some points but has it’s moments, the lyrics a bit try-hard to fit in, quite unpolished.

They picked their self-conscious ageism messages over whatever rhymes, it's forced and ended up seem awkward.

Guest Abbaism
On 9/3/2021 at 11:51 PM, Guest Oldies said:

Too self-conscious of ageism in the lyrics. Not cool.

They should just get straight into commercial mindless pop like before.

Whatever rhymes is mamamia.

What is self conscious is your mindset.  You are already stuck with them in their 70s and too old for a comeback.  This mindset of yours is not cool.

While it is true that the youthful voice is no longer there, the sound of Abba still prevails.

While listening to their new songs, think of it as just a song sung by an artiste.  Think of the lyrics as universal and not to associate it with their past and now their comeback from a 40 years split.

It is a beautiful courage that they reunited.

Guest Pam Anderson

Btw , Sweden is the domestic rape capital of  Europe.

Anni Frida is Norwegian in origin. 

ABBA comes out inspiring songs for the Pandemic era.

And Sweden , the country and gomen and people chooses not to go down the vaccine path , preferring to let nature go its course and natural attrition case. 

Bet you didnt know. 

Sweden is not on the list of covid pandemic management index list. 

Covid 19 is treated as like normal influenza in Sweden. 

自 生自  灭🔥

ABBA was the superstars of our younger days of our generation.

Here they go again: ABBA reunite for first new album in 40 years

The album Voyage will come out on Nov 5, following which the band will stage a series of virtual concerts in London next year using digital "abbatars".

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/cna-lifestyle/abba-reunite-first-new-album-40-years-278091

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/sep/03/abba-singles-race-to-top-of-streaming-charts-in-comeback-triumph

Abba singles race to top of streaming charts in comeback triumph

Swedish pop group shows cross-generational appeal, amassing 5.5m likes on TikTok since 1 September

First published on Fri 3 Sep 2021 14.50 BST

Two singles released from Abba’s first album in 40 years have raced to the top of the streaming charts, in a comeback that has generated praise and excitement among fans who remember the original releases and a new younger audience.

The first two singles from Abba’s forthcoming album, to be released on 5 November, were in first and third place on YouTube’s trending rankings in 12 countries on Friday, including the UK. I Still Have Faith In You gained 4.4m views within 24 hours in Britain and Don’t Shut Me Down 1.4m views.

In a further confirmation of the Scandinavian pop band’s cross-generational appeal, Abba have already amassed 991,000 followers and 5.5m likes on TikTok despite only joining the platform on 1 September.

The group, who made a piano rendition of Dancing Queen that received 7.3m views their first post, have spawned a huge number of videos from generation Z fans lip-syncing to songs or parodying scenes from the film Mamma Mia.

While Spotify has not updated its charts since the release of the singles, it shared data showing the band were most streamed by 18- to 24-year-olds, and that their music has been growing in popularity since 2014, with streams doubling over that period. Dancing Queen is the most popular track on the platform, the data showed.

Although Abba, who released all their earlier hits between 1972 and 1982, are now seen as one of the most successful of all time, their popularity dipped in the late 1980s and early 1990s, when they were increasingly seen as kitsch.

It was not long before the Swedish quartet returned to chart-topping fame, however, with the launch of the Abba Gold: Greatest Hits compilation in 1992, which is still one of the bestselling albums ever worldwide. This was followed by the popular Mamma Mia musical on stage in 1999 and two successful film adaptations starring Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Dominic Cooper and Amanda Seyfried, in 2008 and 2018.

Fans of all ages have been delighted by the return of the pop legends. Gary Collins, who edits the magazine for Abba’s official international fanclub, said they had been “absolutely overwhelmed” by news of the 10-track album. “It’s so much more than people dared to hope for from a band that hadn’t recorded for so long. I think it’s amazing they would come back.”

In particular, fans appreciate how Abba have sought to recapture the timeless appeal of their original sound, he said. “It sounds like they never went away. These songs in 2021 could easily have fitted on to one of their last two studio albums in 1980 and 1982.”

Collins said he was unsurprised Abba’s music was so popular among teens as they have always had cross-generational appeal, and also their glam rock-era flamboyance and escapism resonates so much with the current mood.

“I remember back in the 70s, I was only a young kid, but the electricity would go off for two days a week,” he said.

“Music was a way of escaping some of the hardships people had. People are going through bad times now, the news is awful, and they’re hankering after that return to something a bit more joyous, it’s a bit of an antidote.”

Guest Abbalicious

In case anyone is interested in the album, the song titles as follows, album available for pre-order.

1.  I Still Have Faith In You

2. When You Danced With Me

3. Little Things

4. Don't Shut Me Down

5. Just A Notion

6. I Can Be That Woman

7. Keep An Eye On Dan

8. Bumblebee

9. No Doubt About It

10. Ode To Freedom

the last few decade of the last century sees a flourish of genre and buds of innovations and technology had just begin to bloom. I can tell anyone that I do not regret to have lived the era. People then were more forgiving to jokes and humor. things were much simpler.

time is always merciless, many of the artists have aged and more had left. I cannot expect ABBA to make the music they made as they too have aged, but I am happy to see new works.

Guest Hollywood glory
On 9/4/2021 at 3:10 PM, Guest Cliente said:

Very bland, boring & old fashioned, hope the remixed dance version will do wonders for them.

On 9/4/2021 at 3:10 PM, Guest Cliente said:

Very bland, boring & old fashioned, hope the remixed dance version will do wonders for them.

cannot agree more ,  very blah

As to my knowledge ABBA has recorded a full new album which will be published in November 2021 (it are not just 2 new songs).

Abba has been building a new theater in London where they will broadcast their live show, however the singers will be something like holographic or "anime" / avatars on stage.

• 1 month later...

The Voyage album is out.  Whether any of the ten songs will top any charts, it brings joy in me to hear them again. 

The two earlier released songs - I Still Have Faith In You and Don't Shut Me Down - are still my favourite.  Guess, it takes familiarity to enjoy their music.  I don't think their music will appeal the younger generations though.  Still, I applaud their comeback.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

I agree the lyrics are poor. But Abba will always be Abba despite the years. I grew up with their music and loved almost all the numbers. Dancing Queen was one of the great disco songs of 1976 just as disco was about to become huge. I wonder how many posters will have seen the Abba musical Mamma Mia! when it first appeared in Singapore at the Esplanade. Was it really 2004? I remember flying down to see it 3 times during the run! 

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.