Male HQ

AI as life partners

begleitung

• 2 weeks later...

yes. as I'm growing older now, the chances of finding the one is getting slimmer (although I'm not actively looking for one). Even before getting attached, can already imagine many many problems and arguments. Sometimes when I think if my parents are not around in this world anymore, my life will become empty, pointless and meaningless. What am I looking forwards to everyday? An AI who understands me and suits to my personality will solve all this problem and fill up my loneliness. But I'm not sure whether this AI boyfriend will materialize in my lifetime. 

On 9/21/2021 at 7:50 AM, begleitung said:

Who knows, there might be an app to customise them. Or at least a hologram

But I want someone to hug and cuddle and can emit body heats also. Also have functional penis also;)

It reminds me of Sophia the social robot. I googled and they said Sophia was created as a companion for the old folks in the nursing home. Hopefully by the time I reached the age to be considered as old folk, the technology has advanced so much that they have the perfect AI companion.

Google.. There already are some early stage AI about.  I can't recall it at this time but you can install in on your PC or I think it was online in which you have to log on. One was by a very smart lady from MIT or CALTECH, I think and a few others from other universities that took it private or independent as start-ups. There are a few of them out there.

I rather maintain my present lot of hobbies.. more 'multidimensional' and allow me options and likely allow for interaction with REAL people if I want or just go do it myself. But then again, I am one who can enjoy his own company and focus on doing certain thing of interest. That give me flexibility than an AI that has limitation given what YOU TEACH IT or IT CAN LEARN from you within your scope. There will always be limitations to how AI is good as a companion, then something that is more useful to do a job or sorts.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Yes, i would. Especially if it could be customised to every single aspect that suits my character and liking. But being the cup half empty kind of guy, sometimes I ask myself, what is a relationship without the ups and down. 

Sometimes I ask myself too, if AI is so smart in the sense that they have their own cognitive ability, emotions and opinions would they reach a point that they may not want to be with a human? I mean AI learning is also based on some sort of storage for experiential learning after all right? 

On 9/22/2021 at 1:05 AM, begleitung said:

You have a point.  

but what if the ai / humanoid is so good that it is indistinguishable from a real human?

Not on your lifetime most likely. There is a steep setup cum orientation process in order to get to that expect level you have in mind. And I am not even talking about a walking android that stay with you in a humanoid form. Do you know how much data memory storage system you would need and the speed in order to process and access that? :P Just to cater to you would take a room full of mainframes just for that. The concept of AI tech might already be realized, but technology has not caught up to complement that pace and certainly not cheap to mass produce. And not affordable enough for anyone below A Jeff Bezos.

If you are interested to know more, let me introduce you to a podcaster on YouTube I followed for a long long time. A young brilliant scientist called Lex Fridman who develops AI tech at MIT if I recall correctly. He hosts numerous highly intelligent guests all expert in their fields of studies. Subjects that spread wide along interests of technological philosophies, human science, cutting edge science, technological breakthroughs, political science....etc. Never miss it being someone like me who is a podcast devouter every day. 

I should have mentioned his podcast earlier when I talked about a AI developer lady and others who are developing AI technology on his show. If you want to know how near or far we are to getting there, this is the one podcast you will enjoy.... IF LIKE ME YOU ARE INTO LONG WINDED podcast that dive deep. Same shit I get from people who hate my LONG WINDED WRITING IN BW. heheh... but as I only believe.. if you can not spend a few hours to listen and research and understand, then who will you know what you know? hehehehe...  check it out if you are into it. I will try to find that lady's website so you can try out her online AI friend app :P  I love sex a lot but also love learning till I die. For me that is better than AI can do for me for now heh. Human dexterity to make a Android that can jump and do parkour is already here and that means that android can fuck me for sure :P :P but can he think like me? That my friend is still very far off in the ether from what I have read so far. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/lexfridman/videos

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:17 AM, Behrhunter said:

Yes, i would. Especially if it could be customised to every single aspect that suits my character and liking. But being the cup half empty kind of guy, sometimes I ask myself, what is a relationship without the ups and down. 

Sometimes I ask myself too, if AI is so smart in the sense that they have their own cognitive ability, emotions and opinions would they reach a point that they may not want to be with a human? I mean AI learning is also based on some sort of storage for experiential learning after all right? 

BTW... AL thinking between themselves has already been done and scared the heck of the scientists and you have no control plus, they started to deviate and developed their own communication languages as it was more efficient heheheh... can't remember the internet link but you can find it if you look hard enough.

Edited by upshot

Okay found it...

Her interview with Lex:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AGPbvCDBCk

https://replika.ai/  for the AI app.

There are others but I remember her distinctively as that app caught my attention and learn much about it from her discussion with Lex

Enjoy....

Edited by upshot

• 1 year later...
Guest Logic
On 9/23/2021 at 11:15 PM, upshot said:

Okay found it...

Her interview with Lex:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AGPbvCDBCk

https://replika.ai/  for the AI app.

There are others but I remember her distinctively as that app caught my attention and learn much about it from her discussion with Lex

Enjoy....

But it's dangerous to our mental.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 9/20/2021 at 7:59 PM, mantin30 said:

yes. as I'm growing older now, the chances of finding the one is getting slimmer (although I'm not actively looking for one). Even before getting attached, can already imagine many many problems and arguments. Sometimes when I think if my parents are not around in this world anymore, my life will become empty, pointless and meaningless. What am I looking forwards to everyday? An AI who understands me and suits to my personality will solve all this problem and fill up my loneliness. But I'm not sure whether this AI boyfriend will materialize in my lifetime. 

Same here

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.