Male HQ

HPV vaccine to prevent anal cancer

mantin30

On 9/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, Dr T said:

Hi there, we do provide HPV vaccination.

Can read more about it here

https://www.pulse-clinic.com.sg/hpv-vaccine.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions

Hi Dr T,

I've just gotten the first dose of Gardasil 4 vaccine.

May I ask if there is any drastic difference if I take Gardasil 9 vaccine instead?

The doctor advised me to take Gardasil 4 vaccine instead of Gardasil 9 one, saying that Gardasil 9 vaccine is for women. But from a quick Google Search, this is not true. Am I right?

Sigh.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:34 PM, maddykl said:

Hi Dr T,

I've just gotten the first dose of Gardasil 4 vaccine.

May I ask if there is any drastic difference if I take Gardasil 9 vaccine instead?

The doctor advised me to take Gardasil 4 vaccine instead of Gardasil 9 one, saying that Gardasil 9 vaccine is for women. But from a quick Google Search, this is not true. Am I right?

Sigh.

Previously it wasnt recommended for men. But now it is recommended for men up to age of 45 years old.

G9 covers 9 strains whereas G4 only covers 4 strains.

If you like can just switch to g9 instead of finishing the vaccination for g9.

Start again with first dose of G9.

Can read this article in CNA: https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/wellness/vaccine-hpv-singapore-cervical-penile-cancer-women-men-237741

"And up until 2020, these vaccines were approved for use from ages nine to 26 (up to age 25 for Cervarix). But last September, the Health Sciences Authority approved for Gardasil 9 to be used by both men and women from ages 27 to 45. This means that it is now allowed to cover both men and women from ages nine to 45"

On 9/8/2021 at 5:40 PM, Dr T said:

Previously it wasnt recommended for men. But now it is recommended for men up to age of 45 years old.

G9 covers 9 strains whereas G4 only covers 4 strains.

If you like can just switch to g9 instead of finishing the vaccination for g9.

Start again with first dose of G9.

Can read this article in CNA: https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/wellness/vaccine-hpv-singapore-cervical-penile-cancer-women-men-237741

"And up until 2020, these vaccines were approved for use from ages nine to 26 (up to age 25 for Cervarix). But last September, the Health Sciences Authority approved for Gardasil 9 to be used by both men and women from ages 27 to 45. This means that it is now allowed to cover both men and women from ages nine to 45"

It means that the doctor that I mentioned is not updated? Hahaha.

Anyway, from what I've garnered, medisave doesn't cover the cost of G9 vaccine partially like G4 vaccine right? That's probably why the doctor didn't recommend for me lol 🤨

If I'm not wrong, the overall cost for G9 vaccine should be $570? I stand corrected :)

Pls feel free to correct any part of this, I'm not very sure! 😅

Edited by maddykl

On 9/8/2021 at 5:51 PM, maddykl said:

It means that the doctor that I mentioned is not updated? Hahaha.

Anyway, from what I've garnered, medisave doesn't cover the cost of G9 vaccine partially like G4 vaccine right? That's probably why the doctor didn't recommend for me lol 🤨

If I'm not wrong, the overall cost for G9 vaccine should be $570? I stand corrected :)

Pls feel free to correct any part of this, I'm not very sure! 😅

At the moment medisave only cover cost of g4 for women below 26.

Price of G9 is different at different clinic. Our clinic offers it at $278.2 after gst per dose.

Ive taken G4 previously many years back and its until recently G9 been approved

understand that g9 has the same 4 strains in g4

therefore is it advisable for me to go for the g9 shots given the fact that ive already done g4

Ideally better if there is a g5. (for the 5 strains not in g4) Unfortunately, there isnt such product available

On 9/9/2021 at 11:51 AM, Guest Guest said:

With the third COVID19 booster shot coming soon, is there any period to keep between the shots, especially the different ones? Or can they be done back to back?

No specific recommendations but generally a 2 week gap between the two different injections might be sufficient just to be safe

Edited by Dr T

On 9/10/2021 at 2:57 PM, wintersnow said:

Ive taken G4 previously many years back and its until recently G9 been approved

understand that g9 has the same 4 strains in g4

therefore is it advisable for me to go for the g9 shots given the fact that ive already done g4

Ideally better if there is a g5. (for the 5 strains not in g4) Unfortunately, there isnt such product available

Yes you can still take g9 if you want to be protected from the remaining 5 strains

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.