Male HQ

Sit ups / crunches bad for you?

begleitung

Fun fact: sit ups and crunches and planks all don’t give you abs. Abs like other muscle, can only be seen when you’re lean or low body fat enough. If your diet is shit, training is shit, no amount of crunches or sit up will give you abs. Especially if you’re a fat fuck

There are a hundred different exercises for abs that are lower impact than sit ups and probably more effective. Try Russian twists, leg raises, scissor kicks, etc.

but like the other reply says: you won’t see any abs until you have lower body fat. So, yes, you should train abs for strength but training won’t magically make them appear. 

On 9/14/2021 at 12:47 AM, begleitung said:

Any more tips?

abs are not rocket science - if you want visible abs, you need to lose weight.

You can only lose weight by decreasing your intake of food and drink and by increasing your activity. Diet Is key. And then it takes time and consistency. 

On 9/14/2021 at 7:31 AM, Guest Wtf said:

abs are not rocket science - if you want visible abs, you need to lose weight.

You can only lose weight by decreasing your intake of food and drink and by increasing your activity. Diet Is key. And then it takes time and consistency. 

Thank you

(how sad for you hiding behind the guest account. ; p. )

Guest I’m not guest wtf
On 9/14/2021 at 12:34 PM, begleitung said:

Thank you

(how sad for you hiding behind the guest account. ; p. )

Wow, asking for advice? Then when people actually gives you proper advice you attack them? Go sort yourself out out of share fucker

• 1 month later...

Having abs is cool but its not easy to get especially when age comes in. As spoken by many people diet is still the most important to be able to see abs. Try not to eat or reduce on junk food and high carb food. If you cant resist junk food just try to eat an extremely small amount to get over the fix. Problem is people with low or average will power once dig in to their delicious food just lost all control and binge on it. If you are really successful on the diet part you can get abs even without exercise but the abs will be quite flat but is still better looking than those without abs.

If you are not satisfy with flat abs than you need to work hard on abs exercise to make the abs more muscular. A muscular abs is actually better looking than flat abs. During my younger days in army i always do 60 sit up daily and my IPPT for sit up is always more than 50 per min. There are lots of abs exercise video in the internet you can try it out. Exercise like flutter kick and others help a lot. Make sure you exercise your abs until you feel a big strain in your abs muscle until you cant push any more to get the best results. Use a different variety of abs exercise so it train different parts of the abs. If you train really hard to get abs muscles, 15% body fat can also easily see the abs but with some unsightly fats at the waist line.

To add on, try to use a mat with good cushioning when you do abs exercise. When doing sit up i always do it very fast and furious and a few times done it without cushioning and it results in a very bad tear to my skin and it will hamper my abs exercise further.

Edited by yoyo74

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 11:18 AM, begleitung said:

https://www.eatthis.com/exercises-you-shouldnt-do-anymore-after-60-say-experts/

i know the article is meant for after 60 people but i saw on a local health show recently, they also said sit ups is bad in general (for the spine) they recommended plank instead. 

what do you think? Crunches bad? (I want a six pack, lol.)

Most of the time it is not the exercise that is bad, but more so the person executing it. If there is no correct muscle engagement, or is done incorrectly, then of course it will cause some health issues if this continues for a long time. Some say planks are good, but my physiotherapist friend says it does nothing for the abs. I guess you really have to feel and know your own body. Health experts shoot down each other all the time.   

Dumbbells are dumbbells, but different people get different results out of it. It is not the dumbbell that is at fault. Cheers.

On 11/23/2021 at 5:19 PM, Undead78 said:

Most of the time it is not the exercise that is bad, but more so the person executing it. If there is no correct muscle engagement, or is done incorrectly, then of course it will cause some health issues if this continues for a long time. Some say planks are good, but my physiotherapist friend says it does nothing for the abs. I guess you really have to feel and know your own body. Health experts shoot down each other all the time.   

Dumbbells are dumbbells, but different people get different results out of it. It is not the dumbbell that is at fault. Cheers.

Thanks. Does your physiotherapist recommend sit-ups for abs?  Or something else?

On 11/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, begleitung said:

Crunches are like half-way sit-ups, rite? Sorry for the question. 

Yea. Try to suck your stomach wall in first (pull your naval inwards), then maintain this while you crunch, pausing for a second at the highest point before slowing going back down. 

On 11/23/2021 at 6:47 PM, begleitung said:

Got it, thanks. I saw somewhere you hold gor 10 secs and do it in sets of ten or something 

I do not think there is a fast or strict rule to this. For people who are just starting out, holding a second x 10 reps is already torturous. For others who are already very used to it, they don’t feel as much any more so that’s when they increase the intensity via longer duration/reps or the introduction of additional resistance. 

Getting abs is easier than getting pecs or big biceps.

I do situps regularly.

If I want to show abs for my gay apps pics, I just fast for a day, do some situps in the morning, pull in my tummy, take a selfie

Viola, abs

Its so easy, thats why I don't value abs.

Those who value abs are those who are fat bbfa and don't exercise. There are so many bbfa, abs become rare and supply demand increase market value.

I myself prefer to be beefy but it's not easy. If I eat more protein to bulk up and exercise, I look muscled fat instead. I still prefer this look.

I wish there's a term like for my kind of body. Some say meaty.

Some say Gachimuchi.

I like my kind of body,

Not lean muscled and not much to hold

Not fat and loose like a bag of jelly lard

Nice, smooth, firm yet QQ bouncy  toin toin to touch

Many bbfa who think we look the same and purposely call themselves bears instead of p**

But no matter which term is used, it will be abused by those bbfa.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:52 PM, Undead78 said:

I do not think there is a fast or strict rule to this. For people who are just starting out, holding a second x 10 reps is already torturous. For others who are already very used to it, they don’t feel as much any more so that’s when they increase the intensity via longer duration/reps or the introduction of additional resistance. 

I see. Thank you!

On 11/23/2021 at 7:38 PM, Guest fittt said:

I do situps regularly.

If I want to show abs for my gay apps pics, I just fast for a day, do some situps in the morning, pull in my tummy, take a selfie

Viola, abs

Those who value abs are those who are fat bbfa and don't exercise. There are so many bbfa, abs become rare and supply demand increase market value.

I myself prefer to be beefy but it's not easy. If I eat more protein to bulk up and exercise, I look muscled fat instead. I still prefer this look.

Some say Gachimuchi.

I like my kind of body,

Many bbfa who think we look the same and purposely call themselves bears instead of p**

That’s because u r already very fit to start with. 

I do situps regularly.

Viola, abs

Some say Gachimuchi.

I like my kind of body,

Different people different builds. Your poison might be another persons meat. What you are weak in might be what they excel. 

And BTW isn't it off topic? 

Back to topic. Yes. Main is to burn total body fats first. Abs come later or you can do together if your body allows. Anyway your body nice already what. Have abs loh ~ what you need is become more fleshy. (Athletic fit and proportionate and not the overly huge type)

Edited by Kimochi

On 11/23/2021 at 9:20 PM, Kimochi said:

Different people different builds. Your poison might be another persons meat. What you are weak in might be what they excel. 

And BTW isn't it off topic? 

Back to topic. Yes. Main is to burn total body fats first. Abs come later or you can do together if your body allows. Anyway your body nice already what. Have abs loh ~ what you need is become more fleshy. (Athletic fit and proportionate and not the overly huge type)

Lol, urs is nicer. I want abs.  Abs r sexy. Lol

I do situps regularly.

Viola, abs

Some say Gachimuchi.

I like my kind of body,

You say getting abs is easy but your description dont sound easy lol. You say fast for one day i think is an impossible task for most people who used to eat 3 meals a day. Only those will extremely great will power can do it. Doing sit up regularly do help with abs muscle but many people normally give up on abs exercise the moment the strain affect their core muscle where it affect the whole body in turn as well. These is all about exercise part but most important of all is still the diet part where many much loved food need to be given up or reduce drastically and most people dont have will power about it. If you dont have the habit of eating the wrong food in terms of quantity and quality than you wont feel it as a hard thing for you lol

On 11/23/2021 at 11:03 PM, yoyo74 said:

You say getting abs is easy but your description dont sound easy lol. You say fast for one day i think is an impossible task for most people who used to eat 3 meals a day. Only those will extremely great will power can do it. Doing sit up regularly do help with abs muscle but many people normally give up on abs exercise the moment the strain affect their core muscle where it affect the whole body in turn as well. These is all about exercise part but most important of all is still the diet part where many much loved food need to be given up or reduce drastically and most people dont have will power about it. If you dont have the habit of eating the wrong food in terms of quantity and quality than you wont feel it as a hard thing for you lol

Very true 

On 11/23/2021 at 11:03 PM, yoyo74 said:

In fact, usually I eat not because I'm hungry but because it's breakfast or lunch or dinner time. 

Nowadays, food is so abundant I don't value them anymore. I have to eat because I'm more afraid of getting stomach ulcers.

A lot of skinny guys have abs without exercising. Even scrawny old men have abs because that's the muscles that keep them upright. 

Even the bbfa have abs, just that it's all covered by fats. And it's the jelly wobbly kind of fats that's look horrible like Jabba the hutt.

Babies and young adults that are chubby are cute because their fats are firm and smooth.

Any middle aged man with flat tummy, no need defined abs, will automatically look sexy to me because it's so rare.

Yeah, I don't feel any strain fasting for one day.

Like most people, I'm automatically biased to think that it's such a simple thing to do, bbfa must be greedy or lazy and so they deserve it as that's their choice. Then all those convenient excuses made it worse.

Those health reports in the papers and those fat jokes make the bbfa very self conscious.

Some just give up and instead choose to be chub liking chub.

And they are very aggressive if we talk about abs.

But looking at those protruding guts, it's obviously 自欺欺人 self deceiving. I try not to offend them bc of PC but sometimes, slip of the tongue betray my distaste.

Or doing it here anonymously without worry about being scolded for fat shaming them. LOL

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.