Male HQ

Taobao payment

Guest Shopper

Guest Shopper

1. I regularly purchase many things directly from Taobao with payment made with my credit cards. But the thing is there is a surcharge of 1.5% on the purchase price. Is there any other direct payment method without a surcharge? 

2. Can a Singaporean apply for an Alipay account here?

Hope to see some positive responses, thank you.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:22 AM, Guest Shopper said:

1. I regularly purchase many things directly from Taobao with payment made with my credit cards. But the thing is there is a surcharge of 1.5% on the purchase price. Is there any other direct payment method without a surcharge? 

2. Can a Singaporean apply for an Alipay account here?

Hope to see some positive responses, thank you.

i applied 支付宝 and tied that to my local bank credit card.  not sure if there us a 1.5% surcharge.

what i hate is the delivery freight charges, sometimes really high

On 10/14/2021 at 12:47 AM, Guest guest said:

i applied 支付宝 and tied that to my local bank credit card.  not sure if there us a 1.5% surcharge.

The high freight charges has nothing to do with taobao, it's due to the freight company and for delivery to SG is also more expensive. My friends in Malaysia ordered the same items but freight charges were much cheaper. 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was 3% surcharge? Anyway, yes can set up Alipay account, verification process needs ur passport and face picture. But Alipay is like a wallet u have to top up, and the option to do it in Singapore is limited. Need to find Daifu (official business/person to transfer you), so conversion rate is about 1.5% off the regular amount u would pay using credit card. Probably a Youtrip credit card would be better for your overseas purchase, recently got 50 off 10. Got other Taobao guides there also you can see.

Now intro u youtrip only reduce the number of redemptions for me liaos :(

Guest Hollywood glory
On 10/14/2021 at 12:47 AM, Guest guest said:

overall cost of doing of business is lower in malaysia ,  so naturally delivery charges is lower.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.