Male HQ

Should I use denture or tooth implant?

Guest Morty

Depends on how many tooth you need replaced and also the placement of the tooth. Some people using dentures experience a lot of discomfort and lose interest in eating. This is more affordable. 

Implants are more expensive per tooth but give better results. They start from $3k per tooth - a portion of it is medisafe deductible. 

On 10/18/2021 at 10:22 AM, Guest Fatty said:

Implants better. If you use dentures, they may fall out half way when you are sucking cock(s)

Why do wanna use dentures when blowing.?

Of cos remove them.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Cost aside, implants is quite a complicated process and time (up to a year) is required.  And if your gums have receded badly, you will need to go a gum transplant first (which will take more time for it to settle). For most people, you need a transplant becoz your gums are weak, hence the tooth looses support and drop off. (Unless you get into an accident, like being punched and lose the tooth), then you will not need the graft transplant for your gums.

Actually, if one has good oral care, you will not have this problem of loosing teeth - periodontitis.  It is part of a good oral regime one must have and being developed from young.  I think in Singapore, although people may be affluent with having money, but may not have such knowledge to inculcate in their kids.  Hence the kids grow up and as adults, they have bad teeth.

Actually I heard even implants are not permanent.  Maybe up to 10 years only.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 10/18/2021 at 5:05 AM, Guest Tomato said:

Actually, if one has good oral care, you will not have this problem of loosing teeth - periodontitis.  It is part of a good oral regime one must have and being developed from young.  I think in Singapore, although people may be affluent with having money, but may not have such knowledge to inculcate in their kids.  Hence the kids grow up and as adults, they have bad teeth.

It can be advisable to learn as early as possible the practice of "oil pulling" as part of oral hygiene.  It is simple, it is inexpensive, and it is a good way to prevent germs from causing cavities and gum disease,  the common causes of teeth loss.  I personally use this practice, and at my age my permanent teeth are still permanent :) 

On 10/18/2021 at 5:51 AM, fab said:

Actually I heard even implants are not permanent.  Maybe up to 10 years only.

The implant itself is usually permanent.  What sometimes need replacement is the crown that is attached to the implanted stem if it wears out.  But 10 years only is too pessimistic.  It depends of how people care for their teeth.  If people have a nervous habit of grinding their teeth,  or if they open their beer bottles with their teeth, they don't last as long.

Guest Hillary Clit on
On 10/18/2021 at 6:05 PM, Guest Tomato said:

Cost aside, implants is quite a complicated process and time (up to a year) is required.  And if your gums have receded badly, you will need to go a gum transplant first (which will take more time for it to settle). For most people, you need a transplant becoz your gums are weak, hence the tooth looses support and drop off. (Unless you get into an accident, like being punched and lose the tooth), then you will not need the graft transplant for your gums.

No lah , most Chinese Singaporeans do not continue to take dairy products after weaning and early childhood stage , so overall their calcium and vitamin D intakes are lower than the Indians and other race group. 

Dairy like milk , cheese, good quality milk powder with full cream fat is very good for calcium absorbtion into the bones and teeth in early childhood.

You would think that drinking teh susu and kopi with milk and Milo with milk should  do the trick.

Haha . Little did you know that kopitiam now use sweetened creamer that the milketic sweetener like high fructose corn syrup,  cream and milk fat has been removed and replaced with vegetable fat like palm oil and some synthetic man made colorings and flavorings. 

Plus many East Asians are lactose intolerant.

Hence , weak teeth and bones as they move into the abovd forties age group.

brittle teeth.

I am a life long dairy consumer. I make black coffee black tea with a table spoonful of full cream milk powder from Fernleaf brand from New Zealand cows. 

I also eat lots of vegetables and greens for vegetable sourced calcium. 

You need both plant based calcium and dairy based calcium for strong teeth and bones. Vegetables protects your gums.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.