Male HQ

TVB To Air Its First Gay Dating Show (compiled)

practease

Wah...Singapore is starting to feel like a backward underdeveloped country.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.8days.sg/entertainment/asian/tvb-to-air-its-first-gay-dating-show-vinci-wong-host-15433766

Following the success of ViuTV’s gay drama, Ossan’s Love, which follows a young man who finds himself caught in a love triangle between his boss and his roommate, TVB will be airing its first gay dating show in November this year, according to Hongkong media.

The show, titled Boyscation, will be hosted by former TVB star Vinci Wong, 50.

Vinci, who is also credited as the show’s producer, Instagrammed a snap of him with a glass of champagne on the set of the show. “The most important chapter of my TV career. The most extraordinary attempt in Hongkong television history,” he wrote.

Vinci made his showbiz debut as a TVB artiste in 1994 and would go on to make his name as an accomplished host.

In 2013, Vinci came out as gay, making him one of the few openly gay celebs in Hongkong. He tied the knot with his non-celeb boyfriend, Kevin Chow, in Canada in 2016.

The 50-year-old, who is the second cousin of actor Kevin Cheng, comes from money.

Vinci is currently the executive director of Wong's Kong King International, a billion-dollar company started by his father, Senta Wong, who serves as the chairman on the company’s board of directors.

Vinci celebrated his fifth wedding anniversary with his husband (right) last month
In an interview, Vinci revealed that he has always wanted to do a show like Boyscation as a way to do more for the community. “It’s not easy to legalise same-sex marriage,” he said.

Luckily, after he broached the topic with Eric Tsang, who’s now the general manager of TVB, as well as the other C-suite executives, they were supportive of his idea.

Vinci added that he was given a lot of support as the TVB execs want it to be a marquee show for the station.

Vinci said he understands that since Boyscation would be airing on TVB, there might be some more conservative viewers who would express their concern that the show would ‘teach youths to turn to same-sex relationships’.

“I see this as a challenge, regardless of whether they accept it or not, I want to let more people know [about this] ‘cos this is real life, and [the contestants are] real people who exist in society. But of course, if [the public] doesn’t scold me over this, I’d be even happier,” he said. 

A scroll through the comments on Vinci’s IG post show that a large number of netizens are looking forward to the show.

“TVB is having a breakthrough. It might not be something that traditional viewers can accept, but [we can do it] step by step”, wrote one netizen.

Guest Britnee Sparkles

How would u feel if ppl went on the streets or wrote to newspapers that ppl named Fatty should be banned . 

Or ppl named Fatty should disappear into thin air and made not to exist. 

And that the word Fatty should be scrubbed from the internet.

Think about it. 

Before using banning .

On 10/19/2021 at 6:32 AM, Guest Fatty said:

Program should be banned 

Agreed. Singapore still not ready for such shows. Need to also respect the other population that is religious and conservative. Gays here in SG are not prosecuted and are enjoying some freedom including making posts in this forum. 

No, I never subscribed to this idea that the population of Singapore are conservative. It's a lie pushed forward by the Ruling government.

Singaporeans are actually quite open about such things. 

If censor and ban, then our local media industry will suffer further. 

It's already in the toilet for the past 25 years. No innovation nor talents. 

On 10/19/2021 at 1:09 PM, superflawless said:

No, I never subscribed to this idea that the population of Singapore are conservative. It's a lie pushed forward by the Ruling government.

Just note that the current Opposition Party also does  not support repeal of 377A as the lgbt issues remain  divided within  the party. 

LGBT acceptance is gaining  ground of the years but there is still a population that is conservative. 

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/singaporeans-more-liberal-towards-homosexuality-ips-survey-finds

To say it's  a lie pushed by the ruling party is to ignore the current ground situations and to advocate your hate on the government for your selfish motives. It's why haters like you can’t really  be taken seriously. 

I never mentioned the Opposition Party.

There really is no need to tar and feather them, just to prop up the PAP. 

Just today, a married businessman was blackmailed for having sex with another man. A truly conservative society would see said businessman paying the blackmailers and not opting to go to the police instead. He chose to seek help from authorities and the result is that the blackmailers are facing the brunt of the law.

My point is: it is no longer taboo to be gay in Singapore.

No one cares. 

So this TVB show is not only timely and we can all watch online. Bypass all the MDA rubbish guidelines. 

Yes I agree.

A large proportion of Singaporeans are actually quite open minded, just that you always hear more from the conservative & uptight group who make the loudest & most noise.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:39 PM, Guest Guest said:

Yes I agree.

A large proportion of Singaporeans are actually quite open minded, just that you always hear more from the conservative & uptight group who make the loudest & most noise.

I wonder whether it's the pushy gays or the conservatives who make the loudest & most noise.. 🙄 If you dun stir shit, all is calm..

On 10/19/2021 at 9:58 PM, Guest guest said:

Wonder able to watch this show on web?

Y not?

R u staying in North Korea?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Singaporeans are not conservative, but naive and kiasi, and too concerned with public image. 

Many behaved very differently when being seen and not (esp in the room).

On 10/19/2021 at 12:55 AM, Guest Agree said:

Agreed. Singapore still not ready for such shows. Need to also respect the other population that is religious and conservative. Gays here in SG are not prosecuted and are enjoying some freedom including making posts in this forum. 

No government, religious organization, or any other moral authority has the right to control or determine our freedom to think and express our thoughts independently. It is not a matter of respecting "the other population that is religious and conservative." It is about opening up their minds to the possibility and consideration that LGBTQ+ people are around them, and that we exist, and we are not going to go away. We respect their right to worship, and observe the rules per their religion, or moral code. However, it is not their right to impose their religious or conservative views upon us.

Singapore is not as conservative. If we are that conservative, women will still be housewives, and not allowed to work.  

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

It is laughable to think most, if not all, countries do not hv a largely conservative majority. And yet not quite a few still legalises same sex marriage or at least not make same sex fornication a crime. So this constant repetition that Singaporeans are not ready doesnt hold much water. There will be a majority who will never be ready but they do not keep the other countries from progressing. 

Most people are taught to be anti gays by their religions. 

V unfortunately. These religions promote hate instead of love.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 10/20/2021 at 12:25 PM, fab said:

Most people are taught to be anti gays by their religions. 

V unfortunately. These religions promote hate instead of love.

Could be gays are view as abnormal and against the nature?

On 10/21/2021 at 4:49 AM, Guest Boris said:

Yes, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve 

Why do people talk about religion like it's fact? Religion is all based on FAITH. 

Just because you believe once upon a time got a fantasy garden and everything went to shit because the naked woman decided to eat an apple after being persuaded by a talking snake does not mean it is fact.

Guest Factchecker
On 10/21/2021 at 12:07 PM, Guest LOL said:

Why do people talk about religion like it's fact? Religion is all based on FAITH. 

Just because you believe once upon a time got a fantasy garden and everything went to shit because the naked woman decided to eat an apple after being persuaded by a talking snake does not mean it is fact.

Religion aside,  being gays is factually not pro-creation.

On 10/20/2021 at 9:58 PM, Guest guest said:

Sigh...  There are even gay animals... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/10-animal-species-that-show-how-being-gay-is-natural/g-39934832

Guest This Again

Same line of statements again. 
First, tried to use ‘abnormal and against nature’. Then when Kimochi brought up animals (which are part of nature), now say animals are beasts and humans know better.

Actually, do you brush your teeth? Do you wear clothes? Do you wear glasses? All these are ‘against nature’. 
Perhaps you can come up with better line of real arguments and read up more.

On 10/21/2021 at 5:49 AM, Guest Boris said:

Yes, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve 

God created everything including homosexuality. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 10/20/2021 at 9:58 PM, Guest guest said:

Homosexuality exists in animals kingdom,  how could it be against nature or abnormal?

Is left handedness abnormal and against the nature?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 10/21/2021 at 6:16 PM, Guest This Again said:

Same line of statements again. 
First, tried to use ‘abnormal and against nature’. Then when Kimochi brought up animals (which are part of nature), now say animals are beasts and humans know better.

Actually, do you brush your teeth? Do you wear clothes? Do you wear glasses? All these are ‘against nature’. 
Perhaps you can come up with better line of real arguments and read up more.

Sure, if you want to follow the beasts, please don't wear anything and be naked. Don't  live in your  house, go live in the jungle and live with your fellow beasts.. if you so like,  go sodomize stray dogs or cats or wild boars whenever your animal instincts so desire.

Guest This Again
On 10/21/2021 at 7:08 PM, Guest Morals said:

Sure, if you want to follow the beasts, please don't wear anything and be naked. Don't  live in your  house, go live in the jungle and live with your fellow beasts.. if you so like,  go sodomize stray dogs or cats or wild boars whenever your animal instincts so desire.

Shifting goalpost? Typical.

Do defend your stand instead of bringing in bestiality, which by the way, is a dumb tactic (go read up) favoured by a particular religion.

if you are so moralistic, let your voice be heard in your religion against the French Catholic priests who molested more than 200000 children.

That is way more moralistic than a particular show you don’t enjoy.

Buzz off, you hypocrite.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:20 PM, Guest Morals said:

The difference is that they are beasts while homosapiens being the enlightened ones in thinking should know better  ??!!.... 🧐

The enlightened ones are out of samsara already 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Only mega idiots will waste time and come into a gay forum and say gays are abnormal and against nature. There is no cure for stupidity. If u are very disturbed by stuff that is abnormal and against nature, go bark at activities that cause climate change, cloning, new inventions etc etc. Or r u only fixated at lgbtq stuff? Surely that wud make u very abnormal? 

On 10/21/2021 at 8:49 PM, Guest This Again said:

Shifting goalpost? Typical.

Do defend your stand instead of bringing in bestiality, which by the way, is a dumb tactic (go read up) favoured by a particular religion.

if you are so moralistic, let your voice be heard in your religion against the French Catholic priests who molested more than 200000 children.

That is way more moralistic than a particular show you don’t enjoy.

Buzz off, you hypocrite.

What a lame way to try to win an argument.  Try harder Again. Lol !

On 10/22/2021 at 3:13 PM, lean n mean said:

Only mega idiots will waste time and come into a gay forum and say gays are abnormal and against nature. There is no cure for stupidity. If u are very disturbed by stuff that is abnormal and against nature, go bark at activities that cause climate change, cloning, new inventions etc etc. Or r u only fixated at lgbtq stuff? Surely that wud make u very abnormal? 

Rather than being pissed off by the comments "gays are abnormal and against nature", why don't  you go bark at activities that cause climate change, cloning, new inventions etc etc. Or r u only fixated at these comments? Surely that wud make u very abnormal?

On 10/22/2021 at 7:11 PM, lean n mean said:

Who says i m pissed. I just enjoy seeing u getting worked up over lgbtq  n boy, r u hooked 😂 get a life lah rather than arguing with us in a gay forum. Whos the mega idiot again? 

Erm.. who's  getting worked up  ? Haha, just correcting some facts here... Anus is meant for shitting and not for penetration by  penis while vagina is meant for penetration by penis for sexual reproduction.. Wonder who's the mega idiot ? Lol 😆 

Well if those r the facts u hold dear to yr heart, u r welcome to stick to them but why come here and stir shit? We do not need yr facts. Is there some underlying issue within u? Are there stuff about yrself that makes you uncomfortable so u need to come and troll us here? Or Are u simply spoiling for a verbal spar (cos u can always find plenty of support with your beliefs elsewhere)? As for calling u a mega idiot, i believe u are becos why participate in a space where u r not welcomed. Life is too short for that. 

On 10/22/2021 at 7:54 PM, lean n mean said:

Well if those r the facts u hold dear to yr heart, u r welcome to stick to them but why come here and stir shit? We do not need yr facts. Is there some underlying issue within u? Are there stuff about yrself that makes you uncomfortable so u need to come and troll us here? Or Are u simply spoiling for a verbal spar (cos u can always find plenty of support with your beliefs elsewhere)? As for calling u a mega idiot, i believe u are becos why participate in a space where u r not welcomed. Life is too short for that. 

Lol. Who's getting worked up now ? 😆  Face it gay sex and gay preference are just not normal. Let's  call a spade a spade. Just pointing out facts. Chill.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:30 AM, Guest Morals said:

Lol. Who's getting worked up now ? 😆  Face it gay sex and gay preference are just not normal. Let's  call a spade a spade. Just pointing out facts. Chill.

So true. Face it homophobia is just not normal.

According to Harvard medical,  "A phobia is a persistent, excessive, unrealistic fear of an object, person, animal, activity or situation. It is a type of anxiety disorder. A person with a phobia either tries to avoid the thing that triggers the fear, or endures it with great anxiety and distress." Obviously you do not exhibit the symptoms of an anxiety disorder. 

Let's call a spade a spade. You are just an idiot. 

Love. 

On 10/22/2021 at 7:35 PM, Guest Morals said:

Erm.. who's  getting worked up  ? Haha, just correcting some facts here... Anus is meant for shitting and not for penetration by  penis while vagina is meant for penetration by penis for sexual reproduction.. Wonder who's the mega idiot ? Lol 😆 

Why do you think that reproduction is desirable? 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 10/21/2021 at 1:05 PM, Guest Factchecker said:

Religion aside,  being gays is factually not pro-creation.

Pro creation is pro suffering. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 10/19/2021 at 6:32 AM, Guest Fatty said:

Program should be banned 

U can don't watch. Your problem is solved.

U r welcome. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 10/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, doncoin said:

So true. Face it homophobia is just not normal.

According to Harvard medical,  "A phobia is a persistent, excessive, unrealistic fear of an object, person, animal, activity or situation. It is a type of anxiety disorder. A person with a phobia either tries to avoid the thing that triggers the fear, or endures it with great anxiety and distress." Obviously you do not exhibit the symptoms of an anxiety disorder. 

Let's call a spade a spade. You are just an idiot. 

Just pointing  out that anus is not sexual reproduction organ and it's not meant to be penetrated biologically.  If you can't accept the fact, I wonder who's really the idiot  ? Lol 😆 

On 10/22/2021 at 11:27 PM, fab said:

Why do you think that reproduction is desirable? 

On 10/22/2021 at 11:29 PM, fab said:

Pro creation is pro suffering. 

Ah, I understand.  I really feel for your poor parents. 😔 

On 10/22/2021 at 11:31 PM, fab said:

U can don't watch. Your problem is solved.

U r welcome. 

It's currently banned in Sg. So no problem to be solved.

U r welcome.

On 10/23/2021 at 12:21 AM, Guest Morals said:

No need to feel for them. They are simply  unenlightened beings similar to u.

Feel for yourself first.

It's currently banned in Sg. So no problem to be solved.

U r welcome.

U can't afford broadband and pay TV?

I feel for your financial state.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 10/22/2021 at 12:21 PM, Guest Morals said:

Just pointing  out that anus is not sexual reproduction organ and it's not meant to be penetrated biologically.  If you can't accept the fact, I wonder who's really the idiot  ? Lol 😆 

Who is talking about "sexual reproduction?" gay is sex is not for the purpose of reproducing. It is about intimacy and pleasure. I accepted the fact totally. I have no arguments with you on that. Come on, even women are engaging in anal sex for pleasure, and for some, as a way to preserve their virginity, i.e. keeping the hymen intact.

Love. 

On 10/23/2021 at 12:26 AM, fab said:

No need to feel for them. They are simply  unenlightened beings similar to u.

Oh I see, stormy relationship....

On 10/23/2021 at 12:26 AM, fab said:

U can't afford broadband and pay TV?

I feel for your financial state.

Haha, If I don't want to watch it, why should I subscribe to pay TV to watch it.. erm.. oh, yes, I do have broadband, hence surfing the internet to reply to your post. Thanks for your concern anyway  😄

The anus may not be a reproductive organ but it's a sexual organ. The prostate is for both men to enjoy. 

You people know how to keep reproducing and do not know how to take responsibility until the earth is over populated and use up a lot of natural resources which is truly scarce. Those unwanted babies you people discarded, were adopted by our community.

You should thank us for keeping the population and natural resources in check.

On 10/22/2021 at 6:27 PM, Guest Morals said:

Rather than being pissed off by the comments "gays are abnormal and against nature", 

You are contradicting yourself. How is homosexuality abnormal and against nature when it is practiced in the animal kingdom?

On 10/23/2021 at 1:07 AM, Dart said:

The anus may not be a reproductive organ but it's a sexual organ. The prostate is for both men to enjoy. 

You people know how to keep reproducing and do not know how to take responsibility until the earth is over populated and use up a lot of natural resources which is truly scarce. Those unwanted babies you people discarded, were adopted by our community.

You should thank us for keeping the population and natural resources in check.

You are contradicting yourself. How is homosexuality abnormal and against nature when it is practiced in the animal kingdom?

I wish to  thank, love, like and lol your post simultaneously but unfortunately I can't. 

This fellow is just a troll who purposely come here to stir shit. Just 犯贱。

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 10/23/2021 at 1:24 AM, Dart said:

Because he's tired of being straight. He is testing the water.

Most homophobic are actually gay in denial.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• G_M changed the title to TVB To Air Its First Gay Dating Show (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.