Male HQ

Windows 11

IkuTube

When it is available to you, will you download and install it?

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Yup..... Already checked and prep my pcs. Awaiting Windows to drop the update.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Will advice my regular Joe friends to skip the update unless they're technically-literate enough to solve any problems that they might encounter with the upgrade. Still pretty interesting user interface changes though, might consider doing it myself when I have the time!

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

On 10/23/2021 at 12:16 PM, kidster said:

Don't be the first. You will end up wasting a lot of time troubleshooting unless you love it and submitting support tickets.

I don't want to be alpha testers for free.

If you hate adventures of the unknown kind and not tech-savvy... you should not touch it. SPEND YOUR TIME doing something more productive in view of a new operational change to Windows system.. BACKUP AND REORGANIZE YOUR DATA FILES. Don't wait till you have installed the new Windows 11, and some bug happens, fucks up your computer, losing your legit and naughty files stored in one of your connected storage devices. Make data duplicates to newer storage devices if they are aging storage devices, or move them offline from your computer. All hardware has a life span. Moving parts HDD has parts that will wear down and not even last 5-10yrs depending on how you use it. SSD memory modules also have a limited lifespan although having no obvious mechanical spinning or moving parts you can see or hear.

It does rely on nano-switches that flip off and on when ever it writes the same sector of the memory bits.Each one can only flip about 4millions times. This might sound like a lot but if you copy and overwrite data very often on that SSD, you are flipping those switches very often. When it fails, you have almost no recourse. If you only write to the SSD one time, and only use it to read the data off it, then it is fine as no nano-switches are flipped reading the date. Complicated? never mind. :P 

JUST KNOW every few years, do house cleaning of your hardware and rotate your data storage devices before you make major OS changes. heheh... Why care about upgrading operational system to a computer but ignore your storage/hardware managing your data that also needs upgrading every now and again? heheheh

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Good idea to backup Windows 11?

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.