Male HQ

The Prive Group CEO admits to punching and harassing boy, 13, asking if he had hair on his privates

GachiMuchi

The Prive Group CEO admits to punching and harassing boy, 13, asking if he had hair on his privates

Wan Ting Koh
·Senior Reporter
Thu, 21 October 2021, 12:33 pm

Parklane Shopping Mall (PHOTO: Google Street View)

Parklane Shopping Mall (PHOTO: Google Street View)

SINGAPORE — An intoxicated French national taking a mall lift with a 13-year-old boy verbally abused the teen by asking him lewd questions, including whether he had hair on his genitals. 

Without any provocation, 44-year-old Vu Han Jean-Luc Kha punched the teen on his temple before hurling profanities at him. The teen was accompanied by his 12-year-old brother, who witnessed the assault.

Vu Han, chief executive officer of The Prive Group, pleaded guilty to using insulting words against the teen and one count of causing him hurt.

In mitigation, his lawyer said that he had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and was suffering from a manic episode at the time of the offences. His case was adjourned to clarify if and how his psychiatric illness had contributed to his offending. His sentencing will be heard on 14 December.

The victim and his younger brother cannot be named as their identities are protected under the Children and Young Persons Act.

Repeated verbal abuse and physical assault

On the night of 22 November 2019, the teenager and his younger brother were at their father’s office on level 10 of Parklane Shopping Mall. They decided to go downstairs for dinner, and entered an empty lift from the 10th storey.

Meanwhile, Vu Han, who had been drinking beforehand at Jade KTV with a friend, entered the lift with his friend, a 41-year-old man, at the fifth storey of the building. 

The intoxicated man saw the victim, and asked if he had hair on his privates. The victim replied no.

Vu Han then asked the victim, “Do you want to see mine?” The victim again replied no.

Vu Han refused to relent, and told the victim that he could arrange a sexual act for the teen, who said no again.

Without warning, the Frenchman punched the teen on his left temple, causing the victim to fall backwards and slam his left upper arm into the elevator’s handrails. He then verbally abused the boy, who grabbed at his hands to prevent further assaults.

Vu Han continued his verbal abuse, saying, "You want to challenge me? You have no hair on your (privates), why do you want to challenge me?” Meanwhile, his friend also tried to hold him back.

The lift stopped at the first storey and Vu Han’s friend pushed Vu Han out. Vu Han, however, refused to leave and used his foot to stop the lift doors from closing. He then turned to the victim, slapped his left cheek and pushed him.

A passer-by witnessed the altercation and asked the victim what had happened. He then detained Vu Han at the mall’s main entrance and called the police.

The victim was sent to the hospital and found to have bruises on his temple and arm. He has since become fearful of taking lifts, has flashbacks of the incident and is unable to sleep well, said the prosecution, which asked for at least eight weeks' jail with a fine.  

Lawyer says accused was facing 'rough patch'

Vu Han's lawyer Teh Ee-Von described her client's circumstances as "unique" as he was "facing a rough patch" having separated from his common-law wife of 20 years. Vu Han had to adjust to single parenthood and cope with pressure from his business. He was also "experiencing certain uncharacteristic changes in the way his body functioned", said the lawyer without elaborating. 

On the day of the offence, Vu Han had been worried and irritable due to his circumstances and had met some friends in Jade KTV in Parklane Shopping Mall. At around 8pm, he then went with a friend to a cafe on the fifth floor for dinner. After dinner, Vu Han and his friend had headed into the lift and discussed vice activities in KTV lounges. 

"He is unable to recall clearly but the victim said something to him and he was unable to recall what the victim said, it triggered the accused and he became agitated that to his ... regret he reacted in a disproportionate manner," said the lawyer, who added that Vu Han could not remember what he said to the victim. 

Teh said that Vu Han had a relatively traumatic and difficult childhood, and moved to Singapore in 2009 with his wife, who was abusive and constantly blamed and humiliated him. As the CEO of a food-and-beverages company, he had over 100 staff under his supervision and had to deal with six new projects within a year. 

His recent offences prompted Vu Han to see a psychiatrist. He was first diagnosed with adjustment disorder, however when the treatment did not improve his condition, he visited the Institute of Mental Health where he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder on 26 February this year.  

Teh argued that Vu Han was experiencing a manic episode which impaired his judgment, and asked the judge to call for a Mandatory Treatment Order suitability report for her client. 

Vu Han has since offered compensation to the victim, but it was rejected by his parents. 

A marketing manager from The Prive Group confirmed that Vu Han is still the company's CEO and is "actively taking care of the group and helping us stay afloat amidst the ongoing COVID restrictions". 

"Mr Vu Han Jean-Luc Kha remains a valuable member of our management team and has our full and unwavering support. The case is still ongoing and we have been advised not to comment on the case," the manager added.

Prive Group CEO, who pleaded guilty to hurting child, removed after company’s statement of support triggers backlash

By TESSA OH
Published OCTOBER 22, 2021

20211021_ili_vu_han_jean-luc_kha-2.jpg?i
Ili Nadhirah Mansor / TODAY

Vu Han Jean-Luc Kha, 44, attacked a 13-year-old boy in a mall lift and caused significant psychological harm to the boy who still fears being in a lift.

SINGAPORE — A day after saying that its chief executive had the company’s “full and unwavering support”, hospitality and food and beverage firm Prive Group said on Friday (Oct 22) that Vu Han Jean-Luc Kha has been relieved of the role.

“With immediate effect, Jean-Luc Vu Han will no longer be CEO of The Prive Group,” the company announced on Facebook.

Vu Han had on Thursday pled guilty to a charge each of voluntarily causing hurt and intentionally causing alarm to a 13-year-old boy.

The court heard that the 44-year-old French national had asked the boy obscene questions about his private parts, then punched him on the head, while they were inside a lift at a shopping centre.

In response, the company had said on Thursday: “Mr Vu Han Jean-Luc Kha remains a valuable member of our management team and has our full and unwavering support.”

This triggered a strong public backlash, with many writing reviews on Prive Group’s Facebook page saying that they would boycott the restaurant.

By 11:30am on Friday, the reviews had been taken down from the firm’s social media page, and the company posted an announcement of Vu Han’s departure.

“We strongly condemn (Vu Han’s) actions and all acts of violence and would like to reassure the public that his personal actions do not in any way reflect our core values,” it said.

“We sincerely apologise if any of our statements has been misconstrued as condoning his actions as we do not support violence in any way.”

Prive Group added that Vu Han is currently seeking mental health treatment and encouraged “those who suspect they might have mental health issues to seek help early”.

“(We) believe that the Singapore justice system will deal out the necessary punishment,” said the firm.

“Thank you for your understanding and we hope that we can become a better company through this.”

The Corporate Communications team ought to sacked for such basic crisis management mistake.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 10/23/2021 at 12:24 AM, GachiMuchi said:

Vu Han had a relatively traumatic and difficult childhood, and moved to Singapore in 2009 with his wife, who was abusive and constantly blamed and humiliated him.

12 years in Singapore and still remains as a French nationality? Goes to show where his loyalty lies. If the company has spent the past 12 years to look for a local to take up the position of the CEO, will they need to hire a French MADman to do that? Goes to show how the locals are getting discriminated in the local working environment. 

On 10/23/2021 at 1:18 AM, fab said:

The Corporate Communications team ought to sacked for such basic crisis management mistake.

i second your motion. 

really a bunch of idiots. first said UNWAVERING SUPPORT and VALUABLE MEMBER of the company, less than 24 hrs, a complete opposite statement said PUBLIC MISCONTRUED their MEANING. CEO GOT MENTAL ISSUE, and EVEN URGES PUBLIC TO GO SEEK HELP IF THEY GOT MENTAL ISSUE.

how many OTHER meaning can the words UNWAVERING and VALUABLE have?

then said their CEO got mental issue.

then even ask public to go seek help!

all this showed the whole management level staffs of PRIVE GROUP is total incompetent! CEO got moral and mental issue, staffs are just stupid with foresight too.

so many other decent, good eateries sank during this pandemics, PRIVE shouldn't be afloat! BOYCOTT!

What a danger to society. This kind of menace needs to be incarcerated and separated from innocent bystanders.

Fine him $20K and lock him up.

Singaporeans should not be bullied like this.

What if the culprit were to inflict more harm, physical injuries or even cause deaths? The intoxication is one part but they say he's bipolar. That's very dangerous. Needs to be locked up and subsequently thrown out of Singapore. 

On 10/23/2021 at 11:58 AM, superflawless said:

What a danger to society. This kind of menace needs to be incarcerated and separated from innocent bystanders.

Fine him $20K and lock him up.

Singaporeans should not be bullied like this.

What if the culprit were to inflict more harm, physical injuries or even cause deaths? The intoxication is one part but they say he's bipolar. That's very dangerous. Needs to be locked up and subsequently thrown out of Singapore. 

His monthly pay could be easily 20k a month. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 10/23/2021 at 1:18 AM, fab said:

Most probably the team dont have power over the CEO and they are just doing the management will. When their company got backlash from public their management is forced to removed their chosen CEO

On 10/23/2021 at 10:26 PM, yoyo74 said:

Most probably the team dont have power over the CEO and they are just doing the management will. When their company got backlash from public their management is forced to removed their chosen CEO

A good marketer, with his expertise in his area, will advise his mgt what to do, instead of blindly follow instructions. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

I think whoever managed PR has no experience in doing crisis management, and naively thought that the whole thing will just blow over and not recognizing the severity of the situation with the CEO. Any time, any situation where a child is involved, you bow your head down. Focus the attention to the solution, what the company is doing to make amends and not on the who. Control the narrative and feed it to the press. 

Internally they need to communicate to their employees, and do an embargo that no one is allowed to speak to the press in any capacity. Senior management need to be fed the necessary soundbites if asked/questioned. Have only 1 spokesperson who will narrate the story. Just pray that some other more scandalous news will take over the news cycle, i.e. Housewife exposes bare ankles to Kopitiam uncle or some local celebrity has an affair with another local celebrity. 

So, this means that a new job opening for CEO of Privé Group will be available soon. The French guy will probably end up on the board of directors for a while during transition period. Start updating your resume people. :)

Love. 

On 10/23/2021 at 11:32 PM, doncoin said:

Start updating your resume people.

You know this is a local forum, right? If they want to hire local, they would have done so many many years ago. 

On 10/24/2021 at 1:31 AM, G_ZK said:

Vu Han is a crazy thrash.

No, he is a "foreign talent". 

Guest Meanly Preacher
On 10/22/2021 at 11:53 PM, koolkai said:

Why did the French national asked the boy whether he had hair on his private part? 🤔

My guess, based on the CEO's lawyer's argument that the boy said something which triggered the CEO, is maybe that the boy asked the drunk CEO to lower his voice, or stop wildly staggering around the lift, or something along those lines. The drunk and suddenly angry CEO then responded in an uncouth manner of -- "How dare you challenge me, you probably don't even have hair on your crotch, do you? Well, I do, wanna see?"

That would make it a case of the drunk CEO being an obnoxious jerk looking down on the teenager and trying to "put him in his place" by reminding him that he's "not yet a man" and shouldn't "disrespect" his elders. The CEO is a divorced father, so I really don't think he was asking the terrible question in a gay manner, but evil haters with an agenda are now trying to pin this incident on the LGBTQ Community regardless of the truth.

On 10/24/2021 at 5:15 AM, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

My guess, based on the CEO's lawyer's argument that the boy said something which triggered the CEO, is maybe that the boy asked the drunk CEO to lower his voice, or stop wildly staggering around the lift, or something along those lines. The drunk and suddenly angry CEO then responded in an uncouth manner of -- "How dare you challenge me, you probably don't even have hair on your crotch, do you? Well, I do, wanna see?"

That would make it a case of the drunk CEO being an obnoxious jerk looking down on the teenager and trying to "put him in his place" by reminding him that he's "not yet a man" and shouldn't "disrespect" his elders. The CEO is a divorced father, so I really don't think he was asking the terrible question in a gay manner, but evil haters with an agenda are now trying to pin this incident on the LGBTQ Community regardless of the truth.

Wow you looked into your two crystal balls to not only see but also hear what happened in the lift.  

On 10/24/2021 at 4:35 AM, doncoin said:

Yes. If the right candidate is around. Tiktok found a Singaporean CEO. :) 

What about the head of Facebook Singapore? Citibank Singapore? HSBC Singapore? Google Singapore? Twitter Singapore? Apple Singapore? Ubisoft Singapore? 

As usual, the whitewashing comes .... 

A single tree does not m... | Quotes & Writings by Byron Pius Oling |  YourQuote

1. A terrible journalist who's article is very misleading.

2. Whether triggered or not, violence is wrong.

3. Is vu han half vietnamese.?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Vu - Deja Vu
On 10/24/2021 at 2:00 PM, fab said:

1. A terrible journalist who's article is very misleading.

2. Whether triggered or not, violence is wrong.

3. Is vu han half vietnamese.?

Yes, that is the thing. People here usually would have focused first on the race and cry foul.

But if an Asian with a French passport is concerned, then keeping quiet.

Seems some of the theories spreading here don't contain any truth.

In 80s a lot of Vietnamese Boat people left Vietnam and plenty immigrated to France due to the colonial ties and French language taught at school before the switch to the Communist government.

Don't seem to be a half French but just French by passport and roots Vietnamese.

It comes to the same cause:

Don't drink more than you can take and start getting uncontrolled. This applies to everyone.

Guest blame the lawyer
On 10/24/2021 at 2:00 PM, fab said:

. A terrible journalist who's article is very misleading.

Don't think it is the journalist. He was just quoting what laughable excuse the Lawyer of the culprit brought up in court to excuse his client.

You should blame the local Lawyer for not having any better idea.

Same as this

In mitigation, his lawyer said that he had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and was suffering from a manic episode

nowadays, the lawyers always seem to point to bipolar disorder ... or some psycho thing when defending such culprits.

Don't they have better ideas?

Guest Beg to differ

Urm... he's a 13 year old and he's an intoxicated adult man. Even a grown up man wouldn't agitate a drunk man let alone a 13 year old kid. The CEO's lawyer will say anything to get his client a lighter sentence. Please exercise your common sense and stop justifying for this drunk bully and please stop being a paranoid and think the entire society or new agencies are running a hate campaign against LGBTs. If you bother to read the news, they publish equally bad and negative news on straights who bully or sexually abuse children.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:52 PM, Guest Beg to differ said:

Urm... he's a 13 year old and he's an intoxicated adult man. Even a grown up man wouldn't agitate a drunk man let alone a 13 year old kid. The CEO's lawyer will say anything to get his client a lighter sentence. Please exercise your common sense and stop justifying for this drunk bully and please stop being a paranoid and think the entire society or new agencies are running a hate campaign against LGBTs. If you bother to read the news, they publish equally bad and negative news on straights who bully or sexually abuse children.

right! And yet somehow meanly preacher manages to create a whole fiction of what he thinks might have happened…

The intoxicated man saw the victim, and asked if he had hair on his privates. The victim replied no.

Vu Han then asked the victim, “Do you want to see mine?” The victim again replied no.

Vu Han refused to relent, and told the victim that he could arrange a sexual act for the teen, who said no again.

My assumption is this:

The Prive CEO Vu thought the boys are hanging around there for "KTV" and he wondered why such young boys are at this place at that time.

Most of us know what straight guys are doing at these KTV outlets.

Note this all happened already in November 2019.

This is why the CEO Vu asked the boy, if he had hairs at his pubic. It was like asking: "Ey, are you already old enough for this stuff".

The CEO did not realise that there are other non sexual establishments at that location and took wrong assumptions.

Just a result of his intoxicated state that the CEO Vu could only think of sexual things at that point.

Taking my clues from his "lewd" initial question.

The point not much covered here at the discussion so far is:

The Prive restaurant/bar  Chain kept CEO Vu on the position since he was charged and only sacked him after the news came out now.

Which means: An unqualified guy collected 15k - 30k per month as salary for 1 year and 9 months as CEO for this F&B chain, who certainly had serious character flaws!!!

And someone who doesn't manage the separation from his girlfriend of 20 years, hm... I don't blame him that the relationship broke off but blame him on the way he mishandled this separation. And I blame Prive on keeping him on, well knowing what happened. Note, that any foreigner requires a local to bail him out in court. Mostly it would be another local Director or staff from the office.

The real question is: Does Prive Group have any competent HR Manager???

On 10/24/2021 at 3:04 PM, Guest Wtf said:

right! And yet somehow meanly preacher manages to create a whole fiction of what he thinks might have happened…

But if it had been some sexually laced fiction. he had garnered 15 - 30 likes...

Just look around what fictional posts receive most likes and hearts at BW...

Guest Hang_The_Pervert
On 10/22/2021 at 5:24 PM, GachiMuchi said:

Without warning, the Frenchman punched the teen on his left temple, causing the victim to fall backwards and slam his left upper arm into the elevator’s handrails.

He may have French nationality, but it is very misleading to refer to him as a Frenchman. This "Vu Han Jean-Luc Kha", obviously Vietnamese origin, is obviously a pervert and a danger to kids. Amazingly, he is now trying to blame the child victim

"He is unable to recall clearly but the victim said something to him and he was unable to recall what the victim said, it triggered the accused and he became agitated that to his ... regret he reacted in a disproportionate manner," said the lawyer, who added that Vu Han could not remember what he said to the victim. 

yet the prosecution is only asking for eight weeks jail. Typical Singaporean BS. One standard for the rich and another for everybody else. Fake news headline that makes it seen like an ang moh committed the assault.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:48 PM, Guest blame the lawyer said:

Don't think it is the journalist. He was just quoting what laughable excuse the Lawyer of the culprit brought up in court to excuse his client.

You should blame the local Lawyer for not having any better idea.

Actually the narrative part of the incident,  seems to be from the perspective , if any, of the prosecutor rather than that of the defendant lawyer.

Then again, instead of simply wholeselling, shouldn't the perspective of a journalist, be very neutral? 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest deja vu
On 10/24/2021 at 3:46 PM, Guest Hang_The_Pervert said:

He may have French nationality, but it is very misleading to refer to him as a Frenchman. This "Vu Han Jean-Luc Kha", obviously Vietnamese origin, is obviously a pervert and a danger to kids. Amazingly, he is now trying to blame the child victim

yet the prosecution is only asking for eight weeks jail. Typical Singaporean BS. One standard for the rich and another for everybody else. Fake news headline that makes it seen like an ang moh committed the assault.

There is no way to cry foul again and say he is being treating better by the court than locals because he is a foreigner or rich, unless you pull out other judgments of similar cases where the locals or poor got a more lengthy jail term.

In Europe/ France he would not need to go to jail at all, had received a money fine and had needed to apologise to the victim.

Don't also forget, his foolish act and the 6 weeks jail (if he behaves well in jail, 4 1/2 weeks...) can bring him even further down, if he doesn't recover or get over from all these episodes.

a) stop excessively drinking

b) look at the future and the prospects

c) move on...

With 44 years of age there are still plenty of submissive acting (stressing the word acting) SPG's who would love to admire his pubic hair every night (depending on the tai tai pocket money...)

The world doesn't end here. There is still a future...

Guest Yellow_Pervert
On 10/23/2021 at 4:32 PM, doncoin said:

So, this means that a new job opening for CEO of Privé Group will be available soon. The French guy will probably end up on the board of directors for a while during transition period. Start updating your resume people. :)

He is not "French." He is a Vietnamese pervert with a French passport working in Singapore.

On 10/24/2021 at 8:46 AM, Guest Hang_The_Pervert said:

Without warning, the Frenchman punched the teen on his left temple, causing the victim to fall backwards and slam his left upper arm into the elevator’s handrails.

I would not call the Indian workers in Singapore who managed to obtain a British passport "Englishmen". Similarly, I would not call this piece of yellow crap a "Frenchman". But yellow people make an exception for their own kind.

Guest Anti Bully
On 10/24/2021 at 3:16 PM, singalion said:

But if it had been some sexually laced fiction. he had garnered 15 - 30 likes...

Just look around what fictional posts receive most likes and hearts at BW...

Cos many of us are not pedophiles unless you are suggesting that you are one yourself ... 

Guest Scalpel Not Sledgehammer
On 10/24/2021 at 2:52 AM, Guest Beg to differ said:

Please exercise your common sense and stop justifying for this drunk bully and please stop being a paranoid and think the entire society or new agencies are running a hate campaign against LGBTs.

I am sure you misinterpreted his post. He does not seem to be "making excuses" for the crazy old geezer, but formulating a somewhat educated guess about what might have happened, in order to try and fill in the gaps for the member who asked why the psycho asked the boy such a sick question. That is all. His guess might be wrong, and Singalion's guess might be right, or they might both be wrong. But both scenarios are plausible.

As for the hateful conservatives making this incident part of their eternal crusade against people like us, they have already started on straight forums discussing this incident, and immediately started typing messages like "deport all foreign gay perverts" even though it is almost 100% likely that Vu Han was asking his rude question to the boy in a bullying manner, and not as a gay child molester, as some straight posters are accusing him.

Guest Try and see

"French national" my Asian ass!

That guy is obviously a Vietnamese. Just look at his name and photo in the media.

And for the record, the average Vietnamese guy looks way better than him!

With a face like his, even the prostitutes at Geylang will reject. 🤮

20211021_ili_vu_han_jean-luc_kha-2.jpg?i

On 10/24/2021 at 10:00 AM, Guest Try and see said:

"French national" my Asian ass!

That guy is obviously a Vietnamese. Just look at his name and photo in the media.

And for the record, the average Vietnamese guy looks way better than him!

With a face like his, even the prostitutes at Geylang will reject. 🤮

You are right, he is obviously of Vietnamese descent. Like it or not, he has French nationality. That makes him a citizen of France. There are many Vietnamese people in France who grew up there due to Vietnam being a former colony. If his parent migrated there and raised him up there, you cannot really negate that he is a French national regardless of how your Asian ass feels. Now, if he migrated there himself and got a French passport, your Asian ass can fart all you want or produce baguette size turd. 

His looks are really irrelevant. Prostitutes are sex workers. While they do have some level of autonomy over who their customers are, if they need money, looks don't matter. Money is what matters. 

The focus is what he did to that kid which is highly inappropriate and wrong. 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

On 10/23/2021 at 10:27 PM, Guest Guest said:

What about the head of Facebook Singapore? Citibank Singapore? HSBC Singapore? Google Singapore? Twitter Singapore? Apple Singapore? Ubisoft Singapore? 

As usual, the whitewashing comes .... 

Well the Country Director of FB Singapore is an Indian national whom I met once years ago at some conference. Lovely and knowledgeable woman. As for Citibank, it was formerly led by a Singaporean who left and joined DBS. The person in-charge of Apple Singapore, which the company grouped under Greater China, is led by an Asian woman. So it is not entirely whitewashing. 

Majority in the MD positions have extensive background in banking, or some experience in Silicon Valley, and it really comes down to the corporate culture and who they think will deliver the best results for their business objectives. Sometimes, it is also being at the right place at the right time, and who can help open the door for you. 

Love. 

Guest Beg to differ
On 10/24/2021 at 7:24 PM, Guest Scalpel Not Sledgehammer said:

As for the hateful conservatives making this incident part of their eternal crusade against people like us, they have already started on straight forums discussing this incident, and immediately started typing messages like "deport all foreign gay perverts" even though it is almost 100% likely that Vu Han was asking his rude question to the boy in a bullying manner, and not as a gay child molester, as some straight posters are accusing him.

Oh, you are just paranoid as well. They are just discussing based on what they read from the news...  if the victim was a girl, do you think the conservatives will not kick a big fuss over it ? Please don't use this episode and create another unnecessary war with the conservatives. If we are less hostile, more broad minded and less pushy,  perhaps we are able to progress even greater acceptance in the society much sooner.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:05 PM, doncoin said:

Well the Country Director of FB Singapore is an Indian national whom I met once years ago at some conference. Lovely and knowledgeable woman. As for Citibank, it was formerly led by a Singaporean who left and joined DBS. The person in-charge of Apple Singapore, which the company grouped under Greater China, is led by an Asian woman. So it is not entirely whitewashing. 

Ahhh ... the typical strawman fallacy in full exhibition! Strawman fallacy : a form of argument of giving the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one, and that was done by twisting and changing the meaning of "whitewashing" here. 

Majority in the MD positions have extensive background in banking, or some experience in Silicon Valley, and it really comes down to the corporate culture and who they think will deliver the best results for their business objectives.

You mean we do not have people with "extensive background in banking" in Singapore? Some "experience in Silicon Valley" is the highway ticket to executive level jobs in Singapore? Then why bother coming here? Just stay in Silicon Valley! 

Sometimes, it is also being at the right place at the right time, and who can help open the door for you. 

Ahhhhh ...there you go. As usual, it all boils down to cronyism and nepotism...!  Nothing new in Singapore. 

On 10/24/2021 at 1:25 PM, Guest Guest said:

Ahhh ... the typical strawman fallacy in full exhibition! Strawman fallacy : a form of argument of giving the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one, and that was done by twisting and changing the meaning of "whitewashing" here. 

You mean we do not have people with "extensive background in banking" in Singapore? Some "experience in Silicon Valley" is the highway ticket to executive level jobs in Singapore? Then why bother coming here? Just stay in Silicon Valley! 

Ahhhhh ...there you go. As usual, it all boils down to cronyism and nepotism...!  Nothing new in Singapore. 

I agree nothing new when it comes to cronyism and nepotism. Not just in Singapore, but pretty much everywhere around the world. You clearly are resentful that the opportunities were not handed to you to lead Facebook, Apple, or some other company. I pointed out the companies to you that the companies you have listed, not all the senior management are white people. There are Asians as well in leadership positions. You used the term "whitewashing" and I was merely saying that it is not entirely accurate. 

Singapore is a leading financial hub and definitely people working in the industry have extensive background in the field. Like Silicon Valley, all of these are just steps leading up to the next higher position in the career. You plan a career path. 

Like I've said, there will be a CEO position opening soon at Privé Group. They can promote someone internally or they can hire someone from outside. We create our own opportunities. If this is a position you think you are interested and qualified for, you should start looking up on LinkedIn and see who can help get your foot in the door. 

Perhaps Singapore is as terrible as you have said and that you are frustrated that you are not handed the opportunities these other people have to lead. It is definitely easier to blame it on cronyism and nepotism. You can start your own company, as some of the other Singaporeans have done, and become the CEO, but that will require too much effort on your part. It is much easier to whine and blame cronyism and nepotism, or blame it on something or someone. 

Cronyism and nepotism can only go so far. Once you get the job, you have to perform. At that point, if you are unable to do your job, no amount of cronyism and nepotism is going to help you. Unless of course, you can plan to start blaming on others. 

Love. 

On 10/24/2021 at 7:50 PM, doncoin said:

I agree nothing new when it comes to cronyism and nepotism. Not just in Singapore, but pretty much everywhere around the world. You clearly are resentful that the opportunities were not handed to you to lead Facebook, Apple, or some other company. I pointed out the companies to you that the companies you have listed, not all the senior management are white people. There are Asians as well in leadership positions. You used the term "whitewashing" and I was merely saying that it is not entirely accurate. 

The topic is about this Vietnamese pervert, not about how you can kiss the arses of Mr. Lee & his cronies. You are beginning to sound like a certain Madame HC, whom herself resembles a bapok pretending to be a woman. I pity LHL if he actually had to fck that thing. Maybe he can behave the same way as the Vietnamese pervert Vu Han Jean-Luc Kha and assault a boy in a lift an claim to have been under stress because his daddy forced him to screw a woman who looks like a dude and he also has a whole country to run blah blah blah.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:08 PM, Guest Docoin said:

The topic is about this Vietnamese pervert, not about how you can kiss the arses of Mr. Lee & his cronies. You are beginning to sound like a certain Madame HC, whom herself resembles a bapok pretending to be a woman. I pity LHL if he actually had to fck that thing. Maybe he can behave the same way as the Vietnamese pervert Vu Han Jean-Luc Kha and assault a boy in a lift an claim to have been under stress because his daddy forced him to screw a woman who looks like a dude and he also has a whole country to run blah blah blah.

OMG !! You sounded exactly like the Vietnamese pervert Vu Han Jean-Luc Kha !!😳

On 10/24/2021 at 7:24 PM, Guest Scalpel Not Sledgehammer said:

Surely gays would frequent dubious straight KTV outlets with dubious ladies in skimpy dresses around them.

Very logic ... 🤣

Omg I just found out who's the owner of prive group.

A book smart person.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Y O... book smart and thick wallet too?

But got the wrong CEO and misread the public's sentiments on his CEO's pubic hair fetish of young teen boys? 

Drunkenness has a tendency to surface the innermost and suppressed desires...ahem... keke

Edited by yuquidam

Guest no secret

Is it a secret?

https://www.thepeakmagazine.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/%E2%80%A2Dac70674-V1-800x700.jpg

Yuan Oeij.

As chairman of The Prive Group, the 49-year-old is the man behind establishments spanning sunny, family-friendly Prive cafes, contemporary Chinese restaurant Empress, and high-end night club Bang Bang, where some of the city’s wildest parties are held.

Oeij’s personal journey into clean eating started when his father passed away from cancer in 2007. It led him to explore ways of cancer prevention, and to books such as Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer and The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan.

“Around 2009, I decided to lead a healthier life and experimented with detoxing programmes and a substantially organic and plant-based diet,” he recalls.

But it was his wife, Tracy Goh – who works alongside him as marketing manager of the group – who prompted him to further embrace vegetables. An exercise buff and vegan who goes by the Instagram handle of @tracygreengoddess, Goh not only prepares vegan meals at home for herself and Oeij, but also for their five-year-old son, Tyler. While other kids scarf down chocolate cupcakes, Tyler’s treats are banana oatmeal cookies topped with okra, corn and snow peas. His birthday cake was carved out of assorted fruit.

Oeij did not start out with an inclination towards vegetarianism. Before transitioning to a vegetable-heavy diet some six months ago, he was the guy ordering the two and a half inch-thick Diamond Jim Brady steak at Lawry’s. He has always been very much the bon vivant, wining and dining at Parisian bistros and upmarket establishments in London even as a university student. His Asian palate was titillated by the flavours and textures of fine European cuisine (“Prior to that, Western food was Jack’s Place or Fosters”), and that intrigue would later lead him to take up professional culinary courses and even undergo a month-long stint at Saint Pierre restaurant, where he was a regular.

He struck out as a private chef for hire, before opening Brown Sugar in 2006. The bistro’s simple yet well-executed menu quickly caught the media’s attention – and attracted many diners. By 2007, he was growing an empire of outlets with ex-schoolmate and business partner Michel Lu, beginning with Prive at Marina at Keppel Bay. The entities under the group were sophisticated yet non-intimidating, appealing to both locals and expats. But in 2009, the business started to struggle. “We grew too quickly and went into the nightlife industry with Stereolab. That was a huge investment with heavy overheads. Within the first two years, the club drained my resources and the rest of The Prive Group wasn’t making money. We reached a crisis point,” he recalls. “I had to start thinking about what would happen if we went bankrupt and how that would impact the company’s reputation.”

In 2011, Oeij shuttered Stereolab and had one shot to make things work with a new nightlife concept – Mink, which opened on his wedding day. Thankfully, it turned out to be a success. Around the same time, Lu and Oeij parted ways over the direction of the company. When asked about the lessons he learnt from the dissolution of the partnership, he replies, after an extended pause: “Business relationships work well when both partners have complementary skills so you don’t end up stepping on each others’ toes too much. In addition, if you both possess the same skills, some parts of the business will be neglected.”

Today, he has 12 outlets under his belt, perhaps due to his ability to seize a good business opportunity, even if it doesn’t align with his lifestyle preferences. Embracing a predominantly vegetable-based diet certainly hasn’t stopped him from putting steak on the menu. “I mean, there are men who design bras, right?” he says in jest candidly. “

Guest Scalpel Not Sledgehammer
On 10/25/2021 at 1:31 AM, singalion said:

Surely gays would frequent dubious straight KTV outlets with dubious ladies in skimpy dresses around them. Very logic ...

They are bigoted conservative homophobes. That means they don't believe in logic. They only believe in emotions (most prominently anger, fear, and hatred).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.