Male HQ

True Fitness

eminent82

for those TF members here, which branches you normally go? I find the changing room of their newly renovated branches all cmi, so tightly spaced until can almost rub butt with the guy behind/beside me😛. their "latest" novena branch, space so big but only one water cooler...faint. no wonder people would rather pay more to join the atas gyms

On 11/4/2021 at 11:11 AM, eminent82 said:

for those TF members here, which branches you normally go? I find the changing room of their newly renovated branches all cmi, so tightly spaced until can almost rub butt with the guy behind/beside me😛. their "latest" novena branch, space so big but only one water cooler...faint. no wonder people would rather pay more to join the atas gyms

Locker size is just like public swimming pool 20cents locker!

Dunno who was the ‘smart’ designer. Confirmed that he has never been to a gym. 

On 11/1/2021 at 10:16 PM, bluerunner said:

How much are you paying gor your TFX membership? And do you have access to all TFX/TF branches? 

It's under 200 a month for 1 year membership and add a few dollars for access to all their gyms.  They also have additional paying classes that I don't care for.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:59 PM, SuBee said:

Sorry  haven't taken any yoga classes yet

Oh I see. Yours is TFX at pacific plaza. 

https://www.tfx.sg/clubs/tfx-pacific-plaza

The other true fitness locations 

http://www.truefitness.com.sg/index.php/

On 11/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, SuBee said:

It's under 200 a month for 1 year membership and add a few dollars for access to all their gyms.  They also have additional paying classes that I don't care for.

Thanks. 
I must say TFX membership price is rather steep. That’s close to Active Virgin’s price. 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:40 PM, A131196 said:

Too exp to join TF 

TF is the cheapest among all the atas gyms (FF, Virgin, Pure Fitness etc).

Back then, i was only paying about $60 - $70 monthly for a 3-year plan. Think was 2016 - 2019.

Actually Cali used to be cheapest but they closed down.

I think FF is the most popular now, which is surprising cos their rates never go down - it's always in the $100+ range and it's crowded.

On 11/10/2021 at 1:27 PM, Guest Guest said:

TF is the cheapest among all the atas gyms (FF, Virgin, Pure Fitness etc).

Back then, i was only paying about $60 - $70 monthly for a 3-year plan. Think was 2016 - 2019.

Actually Cali used to be cheapest but they closed down.

I think FF is the most popular now, which is surprising cos their rates never go down - it's always in the $100+ range and it's crowded.

But currently i think their price point is comparable or as high as the atas one but have to also see the part of accessibility and facilities 

In the west side, TF has no existence at all. Probably they think people staying in the west side don't exercise or cannot afford their fees☹️

Hopefully the management of TF can wake up to do something right to attract people back to their gyms again

On 11/11/2021 at 8:30 PM, eminent82 said:

In the west side, TF has no existence at all. Probably they think people staying in the west side don't exercise or cannot afford their fees☹️

Hopefully the management of TF can wake up to do something right to attract people back to their gyms again

If they ever setting up anything new in the west, I think it will be TFX, not TF. 

On 11/10/2021 at 3:37 PM, bluerunner said:

Currently, it’s no longer cheap. 
TF is not atas, TFX is trying HARD to be atas now. 

How much is TF now?

TF to me is still considered atas level lah - i mean, its still one league up as compared to gyms like Energyone, Gymboxx or Anytime Fitness.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:01 PM, Guest Guest said:

How much is TF now?

TF to me is still considered atas level lah - i mean, its still one league up as compared to gyms like Energyone, Gymboxx or Anytime Fitness.

I'm paying just below $100 per month, no contract. I have access to all TF branches and all classes.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:00 AM, Void1376 said:

I'm paying just below $100 per month, no contract. I have access to all TF branches and all classes.

No contact? What do you mean? 
You were on, let’s say, 2-year contract previously and now, the contract has expired and you still continue w the gym without signing anything and paying old price?
Can that be possible? That’s like you are overstaying at the place after your visiting pass has expired.  

On 11/1/2021 at 3:15 PM, SuBee said:

I'm a new member there, at Orchard Rd.  Very nice place.

Sorry, I just realized you were asking g about True Fitness... I'm at Pure Fitness!  Everything I wrote about True is for Pure.. if only these would use markedly different names...

On 11/14/2021 at 1:00 AM, Void1376 said:

Just below $100 means $90 plus? That’s quite ex for TF.

For 3 yrs contract, I was paying about $65 monthly just few years back. No upfront payment required. All access. 

Back then, TF had good locations - Suntec, Raffles Place. Now the locations like not so good. 

On 11/14/2021 at 2:18 PM, Guest Guest said:

Just below $100 means $90 plus? That’s quite ex for TF.

For 3 yrs contract, I was paying about $65 monthly just few years back. No upfront payment required. All access. 

Back then, TF had good locations - Suntec, Raffles Place. Now the locations like not so good. 

I heard w the recent price revision, one has to pay an upfront amount?  Monthly price is also higher than $65. Perhaps, those who have re-contracted can comment. 

Some price hike is to be expected, given the pandemic.

A friend was recently quoted 65 per month (for all access) which excludes an upfront payment of about 900+, so that works out to about 95-100 a month for a 2 year contract. All in all it's still cheaper than FF, Virgin and Pure, and slightly higher than AF gyms.

With the exception of the locations, I'm pretty happy with it, but may consider switching if they hike the prices up in the future (which is likely). I go to Change Alley, which is somewhat new so it has a lower footfall, so I never have to wait to use the equipment.

On 11/14/2021 at 7:18 PM, nuclearbunny said:.

With the exception of the locations, I'm pretty happy with it, but may consider switching if they hike the prices up in the future (which is likely). I go to Change Alley, which is somewhat new so it has a lower footfall, so I never have to wait to use the equipment.

The branch at Change Alley is TFX, not TF. 
Maybe you can disclose how much you are paying upfront and how much you are paying per month? 

On 11/14/2021 at 10:10 AM, bluerunner said:

No contact? What do you mean? 
You were on, let’s say, 2-year contract previously and now, the contract has expired and you still continue w the gym without signing anything and paying old price?
Can that be possible? That’s like you are overstaying at the place after your visiting pass has expired.  

My old contract where I paid upfront then I can use the gym for 48 months ended (monthly works out to be around $69pm).

After that contract ended, I took up a new plan where I'm not obligated to stay with TF for a period of time but I pay a fee of $99.51pm with access all TF branches. I can just stop paying anytime I wish to stop using TF with no penalty whatsoever.

On 11/15/2021 at 4:18 PM, Void1376 said:

My old contract where I paid upfront then I can use the gym for 48 months ended (monthly works out to be around $69pm).

After that contract ended, I took up a new plan where I'm not obligated to stay with TF for a period of time but I pay a fee of $99.51pm with access all TF branches. I can just stop paying anytime I wish to stop using TF with no penalty whatsoever.

$99.51 for TF not worth it.

If you are sure you will continue to use TF for a period of time, might as well nego for a better price for 1 to 2 yrs contract.

On 11/14/2021 at 7:18 PM, nuclearbunny said:

Some price hike is to be expected, given the pandemic.

A friend was recently quoted 65 per month (for all access) which excludes an upfront payment of about 900+, so that works out to about 95-100 a month for a 2 year contract. All in all it's still cheaper than FF, Virgin and Pure, and slightly higher than AF gyms.

this was what i was being offered by TF last year (2020):

1) 36 mths + 3 mths free

upfront payment: $919.13

after that, $52.43 mthly for 35 mths

effectively, its $70.62 per mth [919.13 + (52.43 x 35 mths) divide by 39 mths)

2) 24 mths + 3 mths free

upfront payment: 925.55

after that, $58.85 mthly for 23 mths

effectively, its $84.41 per mth [925.55 + (58.85 x 23 mths) divide by 27 mths)

all club access,

if wanna terminate early - 2 mth notice, no penalty (but of cos upfront payment forfeited)

above is just a quotation from them when i ask, i think if nego further, they might give better terms.

i didnt sign up though, so dunno how far they are willing to go.

On 11/15/2021 at 7:21 PM, Guest Guest said:

this was what i was being offered by TF last year (2020):

1) 36 mths + 3 mths free

upfront payment: $919.13

after that, $52.43 mthly for 35 mths

effectively, its $70.62 per mth [919.13 + (52.43 x 35 mths) divide by 39 mths)

2) 24 mths + 3 mths free

upfront payment: 925.55

after that, $58.85 mthly for 23 mths

effectively, its $84.41 per mth [925.55 + (58.85 x 23 mths) divide by 27 mths)

The 36 months plan seems reasonably if you break up into monthly payment. What’s biting the client is the upright down payment of $919. People’s confidence in TF is low. 😶

On 11/15/2021 at 7:42 PM, bluerunner said:

The 36 months plan seems reasonably if you break up into monthly payment. What’s biting the client is the upright down payment of $919. People’s confidence in TF is low. 😶

yes, you never know what will happen.

just look at california fitness - last time people also say wont close down but they shut down biz all of a sudden.

they had good rates though, i know some friends paying just $40+ a mth, they even have this infinity membership where you pay upfront and then renew at $8 a year or something.

The huge space at MW does not come cheap for them in terms of rent & manpower costs, not forgeting TFX & TF "eating each other" within the same space, simply burning money away.

Their recent attempt to refurbish existing clubs may put off more people by removing the steamroom & shrinking the male changing room area to such miserable size.😖

I have full TF / TFX access.

Sadly they downsized Novena outlet and reduced the locker/shower area too. If u need to take a dump, u need to get dressed and cross over as the toilet is opposite outside from shower. 

Cubicle size I find decent and can easily accommodate 2 …. 

The only outlet left with curtain is Tampines.

Change Alley Mall outlet rebranded to Urban Den but existing TFX members can still utilise.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:03 AM, No Frills Factory Outlet said:

Sadly they downsized Novena outlet and reduced the locker/shower area too. If u need to take a dump, u need to get dressed and cross over as the toilet is opposite outside from shower. 

This design is really bad. Who is that interior designer?!🙄

On 11/4/2021 at 11:11 AM, eminent82 said:

There is two water cooler. But their changing room and locker is soooooo cramp. And so little chair. Plus toilet and changing room not linked together. Haiz..

On 11/21/2021 at 11:15 AM, Leanmeat said:

There is two water cooler. But their changing room and locker is soooooo cramp. And so little chair. Plus toilet and changing room not linked together. Haiz..

ah, my eyes old liao can't see the second one or it is really well hidden in some corner haha. there is one opposite to the small "playground" near the escalator...

locker area already so cramped and yet some people still like to squeeze beside you...where is the so call 1m social distancing tsk tsk tsk

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 2:08 PM, eminent82 said:

ah, my eyes old liao can't see the second one or it is really well hidden in some corner haha. there is one opposite to the small "playground" near the escalator...

locker area already so cramped and yet some people still like to squeeze beside you...where is the so call 1m social distancing tsk tsk tsk

Ikr! But I suspect everyone cramp around the same areas which have the pathetic number of stools

• 3 weeks later...

Today afternoon session at hbf got one sexy cutie took off his white stringer to take video of himself (maybe to post on instagram) doing the bench press🤩🤩🤩. Too bad he put it back on immediately after finish

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.