Male HQ

Steve5380 Vs InBangkok vs Guest (moved from "Your Boss" topic

Steve5380

After I retired 22 years ago I worked as a consultant for nearly a decade and I had half a boss, while the other half was me.

Since my consulting ended with the 2008 recession,  I don't work for others anymore and I am 100% my own boss. 

I like me as a boss very much.  :) 

On 11/4/2021 at 9:20 AM, Steve5380 said:

I don't work for others anymore and I am 100% my own boss. 

I like me as a boss very much.  :) 

And precisely what work does your company do? From your posts it appears that you boss yourself and your activities are mainly house-cleaning, cooking, going to the supermarket, going to the gym, playing the piano and watching TVs. The thread is not for retired individuals but those working in a some form of company environment. I note you mention absolutely nothing about the bosses you used to work under.

On 11/3/2021 at 10:04 PM, InBangkok said:

And precisely what work does your company do? From your posts it appears that you boss yourself and your activities are mainly house-cleaning, cooking, going to the supermarket, going to the gym, playing the piano and watching TVs. The thread is not for retired individuals but those working in a some form of company environment. I note you mention absolutely nothing about the bosses you used to work under.

My company?  Well... I AM my company.  I have been making me company since I was born.  

And a healthy lifestyle demands that I do sufficient work.  Work is the opposite of rest, of idleness.  I do plenty of physical and mental work.  I work out every day, and keep exercising my mind with reflection and learning.

A boss is a person who supervises you.  It does not need to be in a commercial company environment.  We can supervise others but what is important is that we supervise ourselves. This is the case of self-employed people.  It is also the case for anyone who has a functional household and keeps good life habits.  

If you were more observant you would have noticed that the thread is not about past bosses.  It means "Your Boss", in the present.  And this is what I write about.

Edited by Steve5380

On 11/4/2021 at 12:10 AM, G_M said:

Hello uncle,  please take out your reading glass and read the title and follow the discussion accordingly.

Get back to the topic !

Oh... I'm terribly sorry!

I thought that the topic was referring to my boss.  But now that I put on my reading glasses, I see that it is "Your boss"

Of course!  How could I have make such a mistake?  "My" is definitely not the same as "Your"

It seems that everyone else has made the same mistake here....

Guest Boss Admirer

After I retired 22 years ago I worked as a consultant for nearly a decade and I had half a boss, while the other half was me.

Since my consulting ended with the 2008 recession,  I don't work for others anymore and I am 100% my own boss. 

I like me as a boss very much

On 11/4/2021 at 9:40 PM, Steve5380 said:

I thought that the topic was referring to my boss.  But now that I put on my reading glasses, I see that it is "Your boss"

Of course!  How could I have make such a mistake?  "My" is definitely not the same as "Your"

Let me guide you through proper understanding of English.  When people asked about "Your Boss" and expected people to talk about "My" or "Our"  boss, all of which we  to mean about "third party",  

Look at your reply in bold "RED".  Does it sound like you are talking about third party other than yourself?   It seems that no one made mistake except you.  

The above, simply offer further explanations why you were out of topic.

Now, back to answering the topic: 

My boss is a very nice middle-aged man.  He is funny, not only good looking but also has a big cock.  He loves wearing Jeans and very well packed "down there",  from his side view, you can see the thick protruding shape.  I felt so motivated going to work everyday because there is always something to "look" foward to. 

On 11/4/2021 at 7:54 PM, Guest Boss Admirer said:

Let me guide you through proper understanding of English.  When people asked about "Your Boss" and expected people to talk about "My" or "Our"  boss, all of which we  to mean about "third party",  

Let me guide you through proper understanding of English.   Starting with the definition:

Boss, noun: a person who is in charge of a worker, group, or organization.  It does not say ANYTHING about "third party".

I was also a boss in my work, an engineering manager.  Then I could say: "I am a boss"  (first party). 

And today I can say exactly the same thing:  "I am a boss,  MY boss".   Not employed, but I am a worker.  I WORK.  And I supervise myself in the work I do. :) 

But your post is understandable.  Your dominion of English is not enough to play with all the variations in meanings this language offers.  Hopefully you gain some more imagination and flexibility. 

On 11/5/2021 at 7:54 AM, Guest Boss Admirer said:

Let me guide you through proper understanding of English.

Don't be concerned @Guest Boss Admirer! @Steve5380regularly ticks other posters off for poor English, even though he complains when posters write in Chinese (on a Singapore-based site???). He wrote this on 20 December last year, "I am critical of the abundant posts in Chinese."

When queried why he then wrote a post in German, in the same post he wrote, "It is very proper to write a few posts in German, which you can very easily translate, so that you know the German language EXISTS!!!" What a strange comment!

FYI, as for his own English writing, in another post today he wrote the following - 

"Rink discovers that Chopin was not steadfast decided on his compositions, but often changed his mind and made diverse versions.  If so,  then WHAT IS IT WORTH all his "expertise" in Chopin's undecided versions?"

I suppose he assumes that "steadfast decided" is correct English. It is not. "Diverse versions" is distinctly odd English in the context, but "undecided versions" is also plain wrong. So for the poster to discuss "proper" English in quite a significant number of posts, its "proper" use and understanding is, well, something I suggest you take with a large pinch of salt!

Guest I win again
On 11/5/2021 at 10:09 AM, Steve5380 said:

Let me guide you through proper understanding of English.   Starting with the definition:

Boss, noun: a person who is in charge of a worker, group, or organization.  It does not say ANYTHING about "third party".

Your argument is flawed.  If people asked "How is your wife or let's talk about your wife?".  Obviously they are not referring to you, even if you are the housewife or homemaker so to speak..  If you have no wife, keep quiet because no one is interested in you but your wife.... 

On 11/4/2021 at 9:35 PM, InBangkok said:

Don't be concerned @Guest Boss Admirer! @Steve5380regularly ticks other posters off for poor English, even though he complains when posters write in Chinese (on a Singapore-based site???). He wrote this on 20 December last year, "I am critical of the abundant posts in Chinese."

When queried why he then wrote a post in German, in the same post he wrote, "It is very proper to write a few posts in German, which you can very easily translate, so that you know the German language EXISTS!!!" What a strange comment!

FYI, as for his own English writing, in another post today he wrote the following - 

"Rink discovers that Chopin was not steadfast decided on his compositions, but often changed his mind and made diverse versions.  If so,  then WHAT IS IT WORTH all his "expertise" in Chopin's undecided versions?"

I suppose he assumes that "steadfast decided" is correct English. It is not. "Diverse versions" is distinctly odd English in the context, but "undecided versions" is also plain wrong. So for the poster to discuss "proper" English in quite a significant number of posts, its "proper" use and understanding is, well, something I suggest you take with a large pinch of salt!

All this crap you wrote about me is totally off topic.  You are nothing but a troll here. 

On 11/4/2021 at 9:42 PM, Guest I win again said:

Your argument is flawed.  If people asked "How is your wife or let's talk about your wife?".  Obviously they are not referring to you, even if you are the housewife or homemaker so to speak..  If you have no wife, keep quiet because no one is interested in you but your wife.... 

Your example is wrong.   You cannot be your own wife.  But you can be your own boss.  

On 11/5/2021 at 9:42 AM, Steve5380 said:

All this crap you wrote about me is totally off topic.

Respectfully, it is not crap. Who brought it up? Who failed again to reply to the thread topic? You! 

I have given a longish response to the topic of my bosses. I have not seen yours.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:46 PM, InBangkok said:

Respectfully, it is not crap. Who brought it up? Who failed again to reply to the thread topic? You! 

I have given a longish response to the topic of my bosses. I have not seen yours.

You are steadfast decided (good English) to disrupt this thread with your off-topic comments.

Guest Good Morning
On 11/5/2021 at 10:45 AM, Steve5380 said:

Your example is wrong.   You cannot be your own wife.  But you can be your own boss.  

It must have been a long day for you and getting late in your area.   Don't forget your medicines before going to bed.  Rest easy and  Good night!!

Now let me address to my own comrades:

Good morning guys!!!  I hope you have a fresh start of the day, with nicely brewed coffee.

Talking about boss.  I have yet to come across bosses with Good leadership. Middle-level supervisors are the worse in some cases, one that is highly insecured or even favored, by the blinded leaders at the top, who blown their own self-esteem out of proportion.   The best BOSS is to be your own BOSS (in the situation of Steve5380) but that is completely out of topic and deserve a new TOPIC and call it  "I AM THE BOSS!".  

On 11/4/2021 at 9:40 PM, Steve5380 said:

Oh... I'm terribly sorry!

u where got sorry alway go off topic on many threads la 

if not happy jus leave here permanently 

other than ur bird frd n 1-2 aunty, most of us will b happy 2 see u leave

go setup ur own US forum den u admin n moderate thr better. so jus go la

Guest Tried n Tested
On 11/5/2021 at 2:21 PM, Guest Guest said:

if not happy jus leave here permanently go setup ur own US forum den u admin n moderate thr better. so jus go la

Don't be so mean.  Like all elderly person who is advanced in age, their clarity may not be as sharp and tend to wobble out of topic.  You just need to carefully guide them to the right path, hold their hands along the way, constantly remind them the right direction to take.  Whisper some nice words into their ears, hush hush mode, to avoid hurting their sensitive feelings and soon, you will realise he will follow and listen to you obediently, stay the course and appear pretty harmless.

• G_M changed the title to Steve5380 Vs InBangkok vs Guest (moved from "Your Boss" topic
On 11/4/2021 at 10:47 PM, Guest Good Morning said:

It must have been a long day for you and getting late in your area.   Don't forget your medicines before going to bed.  Rest easy and  Good night!!

Now let me address to my own comrades:

Good morning guys!!!  I hope you have a fresh start of the day, with nicely brewed coffee.

Talking about boss.  I have yet to come across bosses with Good leadership. Middle-level supervisors are the worse in some cases, one that is highly insecured or even favored, by the blinded leaders at the top, who blown their own self-esteem out of proportion.   The best BOSS is to be your own BOSS (in the situation of Steve5380) but that is completely out of topic and deserve a new TOPIC and call it  "I AM THE BOSS!".  

Good morning Guest Good Morning.

Thank you for your concern last night.   I didn't take any medicines because I have no reasons to take any.  But now after breakfast I will take nine different vitamins/supplements.  I am now eating my breakfast of microwaved steel-cut oats and whey protein isolate.

My work experience has been a little different than yours.  I spent most of my career in the engineering center of a multinational company, doing research and development. I can recall that most of my bosses were excellent,  competent and good people.  I was a boss for a while, but I was more attracted to my work of engineering.

On 11/5/2021 at 3:58 AM, Guest Tried n Tested said:

Don't be so mean.  Like all elderly person who is advanced in age, their clarity may not be as sharp and tend to wobble out of topic.  You just need to carefully guide them to the right path, hold their hands along the way, constantly remind them the right direction to take.  Whisper some nice words into their ears, hush hush mode, to avoid hurting their sensitive feelings and soon, you will realise he will follow and listen to you obediently, stay the course and appear pretty harmless.

Excellent!  You have the right attitude to take with elderly people:  respect and consideration.  This is how everyone should be treated and I especially want to be treated in, say, 10 or 15 years when I am really old.

I have always listened and have always been obedient when necessary,  why not?   And I have been and I am completely harmless :) 

On 11/5/2021 at 4:58 PM, Guest Tried n Tested said:

choy gor lei, siao la u. who wan this dom 2 follow or listen obediently

most of us wld wan 2 see him GONE 4 GD

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.