Male HQ

梅艳芳

GKS

On 11/18/2021 at 9:39 AM, kestershaun said:

Unlikely... Coz our government is so uptight about having the slightest bit of dialect floating around... Even with the petition, I doubt that the authorities would bat an eyelid. Never mind lah, worst case scenario just find the original from some streaming site...

haiz... the cinemas website only indicated the language to be CHINESE. never mentioned MANDARIN (means voice-over/dubbed), or CANTONESE (i feel the impact will be greater, and also more original). 

i think very high chance is MANDARIN loh.

On 11/19/2021 at 8:46 AM, mith said:

haiz... the cinemas website only indicated the language to be CHINESE. never mentioned MANDARIN (means voice-over/dubbed), or CANTONESE (i feel the impact will be greater, and also more original). 

i think very high chance is MANDARIN loh.

Ikr... To think that our government still thinks very lowly of its people in terms of how another language can threaten their everyday lives and hence it decides for everybody what to listen or not. Come on lah, we all know that the Speak Mandarin campaign is a failure liao. A lot of elderly don't even use Mandarin, and the younger generations primarily grew up with English as their communication language. Plus, our mother tongue is our dialect, not Mandarin. This vicious cycle will never break off lah if the government refuses to wake up...