Male HQ

Lacking motivation and energy.

lonely57

On 11/30/2021 at 5:19 PM, Guest Tired also said:

Me too. Tired. No energy or motivation. 

I have enough sleep but feel mentally exhausted. 

Not sure what to do. 

Almost feels like a prisoner trapped by own body, circumstances. Invisible obstacles. 

We are all prisoners trapped in Samsara.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 11/30/2021 at 10:07 AM, Steve5380 said:

NO!  I have never heard that a hunger strike is used as a way to lose weight, a topic of discussion here.

Although that former Georgia Prime Minister looked like he could lose some.  Fortunately he has agreed to end his hunger strike.  Maybe he lost enough weight? :lol:

Singalion, Singalion, Singalion,

Don't let motivation kill you!

I'm considering very much those who want to slim down,  that is why I mentioned intermittent fasting, which can make motivation work.

Would be better those who intend to slim down to reduce the food intake first and initiate with some sports.

Take it up slowly - also the sports routine, then you can aim for more once you achieved certain parameters .

Fasting could be counterproductive if at start, result in low mood or as described by the boomerang effect worsen the situation.

In most cases, eating less or smaller portions on a daily routine and cutting bad habits (late eating at night and too excessive "snacking")

would already suffice to lose weight .  But as said, it needs also some sport regime, not overdoing, but start slow with something and keep you going on for at least 1 hour per week and then increase after about 3 months or change to another sport also. (Sex does not count as sport). haha

On 12/2/2021 at 4:35 AM, singalion said:

Would be better those who intend to slim down to reduce the food intake first and initiate with some sports.

Take it up slowly - also the sports routine, then you can aim for more once you achieved certain parameters .

Fasting could be counterproductive if at start, result in low mood or as described by the boomerang effect worsen the situation.

In most cases, eating less or smaller portions on a daily routine and cutting bad habits (late eating at night and too excessive "snacking")

would already suffice to lose weight .  But as said, it needs also some sport regime, not overdoing, but start slow with something and keep you going on for at least 1 hour per week and then increase after about 3 months or change to another sport also. (Sex does not count as sport). haha

To try out fasting has no danger of demotivating.  If you try it and you don't like it,  just stop it.  And fasting does not need to be as long as 24 hours.  I have started to do all my eating earlier in the day and stop completely after 5 pm, and this is very tolerable

Very often, persons who decide to change their eating habits to lose weight have already tried unsuccessfully to lose it through exercise alone.  So they exercise already.  And to do it only 1 hour a week is rather poor.  

Guest Mr Peacan

If you can fast 24 hours and still not hungry,and thereafter prolonged to 36 hours and then 72 hours,  you are likely to reach immortality.   No joke, it is likely to increase your life expectancy.  

On 12/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, Steve5380 said:

To try out fasting has no danger of demotivating.  If you try it and you don't like it,  just stop it.  And fasting does not need to be as long as 24 hours.  I have started to do all my eating earlier in the day and stop completely after 5 pm, and this is very tolerable

Very often, persons who decide to change their eating habits to lose weight have already tried unsuccessfully to lose it through exercise alone.  So they exercise already.  And to do it only 1 hour a week is rather poor.  

For a start, the one hour exercise. It was not meant as the long term sport's exercise.

Many people start excessively and then drop out from sports and slimming.

I have seen too many people failing on slimming and the right start.

Most food experts and sport trainers would suggest a slower pace for the start.

In my other post I wrote after 3 months to increase the sport to a longer session and to spread to more days per week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 11:28 PM, lonely57 said:

I'm not so sure where I should post this or if my title is accurate but here goes. 

I'm a plus sized guy trying to get fitter and leaner. I'm just wondering how and where do people get the drive to push on with their workout even when they are feeling tired. Like once I start to feel tired I tend to just feel like staring into space. It's like I give up even before reaching exhaustion. Eg. While some people who feel stress/sad and just sprint all the way out to exhaustion to relieve their stress/sadness, I can't get to that exhaustion state and just give up halfway. 

Anyways, the reason I'm asking this is because I'm contemplating going for those high intensity exercise classes but I'm worried that it might not be that effective if I can't bring myself to go all out. 

LACKING MOTIVATION AND ENERGY.    We have enthusiastically commented about this in the past, and now I have found more information I want to share.

Water-only Fasting for 40 days  (eating nothing and only drinking water).   THIS MUST BE CRAZY!! 

It seems that it is not.  Here is a long video by an expert Dr. Alan Goldhamer who seems to have been promoting this for years, apparently with good success.  He does not propose that everyone fasts for 40 days,  intermittent fasting is good enough.  IT IS WORTH to spend some time listening to what he has to say.

Click on "YouTube" and open the video on an independent page, and with "more" you see a list of topics and choose to jump anywhere in this long talk.  Also read some of the comments.  This may take an act of faith like it is with the longevity proposals by the expert David Sinclair.  I have some trust in this, and I have started to intermittently fast, although I don't apparently need it.  ( This Dr. Goldhamer is in his beginning 60s, but like Dr. Sinclair, he does not look it,  something to consider )

Edited by Steve5380

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.