Male HQ

Does eating Subway help to reduce weight?

Guest tummy

I need to get rid of my tummy from snacking too much when I was working from home. Can't fit into my formal pants now.

Gained 5kg since Covid started. 

Any other faster and easier solutions? 

On 11/25/2021 at 7:59 PM, Guest tummy said:

I need to get rid of my tummy from snacking too much when I was working from home. Can't fit into my formal pants now.

You gained 5kg in 2 years? Must be having good life at home?

Go do cardio exercise, might help.

Guest Rakutenno

Do the meat and healthy fat diets, cut your normal intake of rice to 1/3 , balance the 2/3 with veggies , veggies is free flow, but make sure the veggies are not slathered with sauces loaded with sugars, get sauces with oil , vinegars, and little sugars. 

Fat from meat is good and satisfying and filling and satisfying. 

Your enemy is not fats, oils , good ones. 

The really bad ones are sugary carbonated drinks that comes with all the fast foods meals. If you can , replace it with diet versions , or black coffee and black tea. 

Reduce to 1/3 , what you eat as carbo, which includes rice, bread, noodles, kway teow, pasta, spaghetti, prata, kueh kueh, karipap, 

When i eat karipap, i only eat the filling and 1/5 of the karipap shell, discard the shell, feed it to your pets , or anyone who tells you , they hate to waste food, like your parents or grandparents or SJW  nieces and nephews. Let them get diabetes instead of their kind selfs.

Walk for 1 hour a day, move your hands vigourously, squeeze your butts while taking a step. Make sure you sweat and huff and puff. 

You can live without eating carbohydrates, but your body is more efficient if you survive on animal fats and meats, oils and veggies from nutrient replenishment. The enemy is highly processed carbohydrates likw white flour and sugars in all forms like high fructose corn syrups found in baked goods and all the fast food desserts from Macd , KFC, PIZZA HUT, POPEYE etc etc.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:56 PM, Guest guest said:

You gained 5kg in 2 years? Must be having good life at home?

Go do cardio exercise, might help.

5kg in 2 years alot?

I gain 5kg in 1 month.

On 11/25/2021 at 5:59 AM, Guest tummy said:

I would think that eating at Subway is a better choice than to do it at KFC,  McDonalds and other fast food places.  Eat their subs, but avoid their carbonated drinks. 

There are better alternatives though.  Nothing beats eating at home the self-prepared meals.  But not everyone can do this.

Optimum nutrition is quite controversial and there are many "optimum" diets.  What is not controversial is this:  EAT LESS!

I am a proponent of intermittent fasting to lose weight when we first become aware of the problem, to learn to control the habit of frequent snacking.   You can find in the thread "Lacking motivation and energy" in this forum some more details about fasting, and choose between trusting my ideas and those of @singalion.

Guest WHAT????????????????????
On 11/25/2021 at 11:22 PM, Steve5380 said:

I would think that eating at Subway is a better choice than to do it at KFC

I know you are an avid supporter of America fast food chain.  But Subway being better?  Gosh!!  You need to stop eating at Subway to clear your perpetual Brain Fog.

Without even touching on  their sugary, carbonated soft drinks.  Their bread, whatever name they called it,  is definitely high in carb.  Their saurces, of various colors and taste, are absolutely high in sugar and probably MSG, and with added promotion, they asked if you need an extra peanut or chocolate cookies for good measure.   How was that even healthy and thus considered a better choice, is beyond nature's logic.   Now, go gorge yourself with junk for all I care!

5kG is a lot of "fuel" you have stored.  Now go burn them with intermittent fasting, or stop eating (except drinking) until you return to your original weight.   If you need to eat something, eat small fish (not big fish) or go for grass-fed meat.  No sugar ,  no carb, no fruits, no msg (these four items will stop you from gaininng belly fat).   If you still don't understand, you are wasting all our time here.

On 11/25/2021 at 6:36 PM, Guest WHAT???????????????????? said:

I know you are an avid supporter of America fast food chain.  But Subway being better?  Gosh!!  You need to stop eating at Subway to clear your perpetual Brain Fog.

Without even touching on  their sugary, carbonated soft drinks.  Their bread, whatever name they called it,  is definitely high in carb.  Their saurces, of various colors and taste, are absolutely high in sugar and probably MSG, and with added promotion, they asked if you need an extra peanut or chocolate cookies for good measure.   How was that even healthy and thus considered a better choice, is beyond nature's logic.   Now, go gorge yourself with junk for all I care!

You don't know me at all!  I am no supporter for any fast food chain.  But perhaps Subway in Singapore is not the same as it is in the US.  Here, even without much "health", it is a little better than the rest.   What you describe as "absolutely high in sugar and probably MSG"  sounds like Chinese food, which uses much MSG,  and you are close to China. 

Also to say that bread, of whatever name, is high in carb.  is REDUNDANT.   Bread IS carbohydrate.  But there are good and bad carbohydrates.  Therefore there are better and worse breads. If I remember correctly, at Subway you get a choice of bread.

So please, think again before posting Dummheit.   All these interrogation signs in your name may indicate all the screws you have lose in your brain. 

the only way to lose weight is to reduce your calorie consumption consistently. Increasing activity will help but diet is most important.

how you reduce your calorie consumption is up to you: some do fasting, some avoid carbs, some eat the same everyday. For you, it might just be to stop snacking.

What is important is to find a way that works for you and that you can stick to long term because it also takes time. 

On 11/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, Guest WHAT???????????????????? said:

5kG is a lot of "fuel" you have stored.  Now go burn them with intermittent fasting, or stop eating (except drinking) until you return to your original weight.   If you need to eat something, eat small fish (not big fish) or go for grass-fed meat.  No sugar ,  no carb, no fruits, no msg (these four items will stop you from gaininng belly fat).   If you still don't understand, you are wasting all our time here.

Thx for the reminder!! Had wanted to da bao nasi lemak from crave (Clementi mall) until I read your bold words …. Really “boldingly” staring at me … will surely feel guilty! I just walked away from the crave stall … now I don’t know what to eat … 😰😰😭😭

On 11/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, Guest Wtf said:

the only way to lose weight is to reduce your calorie consumption consistently.

That is utter rubbish!!! 

Without calories, you won't have energy to fuel your kidney filteration, your heart beats, your brain power, your digestive systems,  the functioning of your muscles,  your cock and whatever.   You consumed 2000 calories, you burn 2000 calories.  You consumed 100 calories, you burn 100 calories.   Simple logic, you only have $100 in your wallet, but you can't buy $2000 diamond.  Thus you need to dig into your reserve fat for energy?  That will eventually bankrupt or kill you.   Our body needs healthy amount of fat as reserve (spare battery) for emergency purposes only, it is not meant to be used up,  lest you die.    However, excess fat can slowly be burn by not consuming the

My main POINT IS........

You can try to reduce your calorie, but you will not lose weight.   However, you can lose weight by not reducing the calorie intake.  It all boils down to eating the right stuffs.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:11 AM, Steve5380 said:

Bread IS carbohydrate.  But there are good and bad carbohydrates.  Therefore there are better and worse breads. If I remember correctly, at Subway you get a choice of bread.

Another uttler Rubbish.   Anything that is make of Sugar, Grain (grinded grains to make Bread), and starch is NOT HEALTHY.   There is no nutritional value to it.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:52 PM, Guest WHAT???????????????????? said:

That is utter rubbish!!! 

Another uttler Rubbish.   Anything that is make of Sugar, Grain (grinded grains to make Bread), and starch is NOT HEALTHY.   There is no nutritional value to it.

Yes, there are things that appear utter rubbish.  However this estimation can be wrong. The idea that there is no nutrition value in bread is one of them.

Sprouted whole grain bread has many good elements, like protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals.  White flour bread on the other hand is a poor choice. 

Humanity throughout history has included bread in its diet.  This would not be the case if it had no nutritional value.

Matthew 6:11  Give us today our daily bread  :thumb: 

On 11/26/2021 at 11:52 AM, Guest WHAT???????????????????? said:

That is utter rubbish!!! 

Without calories, you won't have energy to fuel your kidney filteration, your heart beats, your brain power, your digestive systems,  the functioning of your muscles,  your cock and whatever.   You consumed 2000 calories, you burn 2000 calories.  You consumed 100 calories, you burn 100 calories.   Simple logic, you only have $100 in your wallet, but you can't buy $2000 diamond.  Thus you need to dig into your reserve fat for energy?  That will eventually bankrupt or kill you.   Our body needs healthy amount of fat as reserve (spare battery) for emergency purposes only, it is not meant to be used up,  lest you die.    However, excess fat can slowly be burn by not consuming the

My main POINT IS........

You can try to reduce your calorie, but you will not lose weight.   However, you can lose weight by not reducing the calorie intake.  It all boils down to eating the right stuffs.

I am not sure what benefit you get from posting utter crap. Maybe it amuses you, who knows? Nowhere in my post did I say to go without calories, I said they need to reduce their calories. If they have put on 5kg, they are clearly consuming too many calories for their lifestyle. 

Anyway, feel free to keep spreading crap and telling people to only eat small fish. I mean, wtf….

On 11/26/2021 at 1:09 PM, Guest Wtf said:

I am not sure what benefit you get from posting utter crap. Maybe it amuses you, who knows? Nowhere in my post did I say to go without calories, I said they need to reduce their calories. If they have put on 5kg,

2 tea spoon of sugar (100 calories)  = increase belly fat

1 bowl of vegetarbles (2000 calories) = reduce belly fat

Which example above shows that reduce calories correspond to a decrease in weight?  Tell me.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:06 PM, Guest Huh? said:

2 tea spoon of sugar (100 calories)  = increase belly fat

1 bowl of vegetarbles (2000 calories) = reduce belly fat

Which example above shows that reduce calories correspond to a decrease in weight?  Tell me.

Do you know how many vegetables you would have to eat for 2000 calories worth? Try about 6kg of okra. And 2 tea spoons of sugar will not increase belly fat if eaten as part of a calorie controlled diet. 

again, you are just talking crap and your example literally shows nothing. If you want to write rubbish like this, please quote some sources. 

Anyway, I would suggest that guest tummy takes a bit of time to learn nutrition basics and ignore most of the advice and quick fixes and overly restrictive diets being shared here. You can find this online, just be wary of people trying to sell stuff. Healthhub has information. 

Eating Subway won’t help you lose a tummy if you eat too much of it and there is no magical quick fix. Reduce calories, increase activity. Try that for a few months and see where you get to. 

On 11/26/2021 at 1:20 PM, tomcat said:

not many people know but Subway is categorised under fast food.

Any western restaurant, cafe with franchise, chains is classified as "fast food" and I am including Coffee Bean and Starbuck into the category. 

The only restaurant I missed is the nostalgic PONDEROSA.  I love their all-you can eat buffet of salads   In the past, I like bring my gay friends to this eatery and then we spend the whole night chatting and taking our time under the cozy ambience.

let me help thise who really wishes to lose weight. pm me.. allow me to help u thoroughly

For genuine folks who wishes to lose weight & not wasting money on sexual items; please call me @ +65 87380843 to order your vibrant products u wish to try out today.

- it's good for young & old

- it's awesome for folks who are diabetics 

- it helps you to lose weight

- it helps you to control ur cholesterol level

- it helps to lower your blood sugar

- it helps you to pass motion more easily.

- it helps you to lose weight safely & w/o exercising

Edited by single42

On 11/25/2021 at 11:20 PM, tomcat said:

not many people know but Subway is categorised under fast food.

You are absolutely right.  The shape of the Subway bun, if you have good chewing and swallowing speeds, allows you to start on one end and push it all inside,  very FAST.

Edited by Steve5380

On 11/26/2021 at 8:17 AM, single42 said:

let me help thise who really wishes to lose weight. pm me.. allow me to help u thoroughly

For genuine folks who wishes to lose weight & not wasting money on sexual items; please call me @ +65 87380843 to order your vibrant products u wish to try out today.

What an ideal food!  VIBRANT food may raise metabolism, which in turn increases the consumption of calories by the body and may even metabolize some fat! 

This VIBRANT food must vibrate inside your stomach, does it not?  And this vibrations are like a massage FROM THE INSIDE.

A vibration that lasts as long as the digestion in the stomach, after which the intestines start vibrating, and hours later it is the colon that keeps vibrating. 

Guest yadayada
On 11/26/2021 at 8:48 PM, Guest Guest said:

Total vegetarian or vegan can be fat and have tummy also right? 

Yes, if they consume cakes, ice cream,  pastries, candies, fruits.

Guest hmmm....
On 11/26/2021 at 10:27 PM, Steve5380 said:

You are absolutely right.  The shape of the Subway bun, if you have good chewing and swallowing speeds, allows you to start on one end and push it all inside,  very FAST.

We don't eat like snake, we are not Ang Mo.

There so many articles on the net whether Subway is healthy or not.

Just google!

https://www.purewow.com/wellness/is-subway-healthy

https://www.health.com/nutrition/is-subway-healthy

Check the ingredients

Beyond calories, macros, and terms like whole grain, the most important factor that determines healthfulness, in my opinion, is ingredients. Subway does offer a downloadable PDF that lists ingredients for its breads, proteins, veggies, condiments, and other items, including pizzas, cookies, and soups.

Here's an example of why checking the ingredients can matter: Subway's grilled chicken isn't simply cooked chicken breast. Its ingredients include boneless skinless chicken breast with rib meat, soy protein concentrate, modified potato starch, sodium phosphate, potassium chloride, maltodextrin, dextrose, caramelized sugar, and other ingredients. When I look at ingredient lists like these with clients, they'll often tell me, "Oh, I assumed it was just fresh chicken breast," like the type you'd find in your grocery store's meat aisle. But that might not be the case. So just take a look for yourself to see if the ingredients for the item you're interested in are as simple as you might think.

Apart from using ingredient info to try to select items with simple, recognizable contents, you can also easily identify allergens or sensitivity triggers you may need to avoid, including soy, wheat, dairy, and sulfites. The chain also provides separate allergen-specific info.

Load up on veggies

Two pros of Subway include the ability to customize your order and the availability of fresh veggies, including spinach, tomatoes, red onions, green peppers, and cucumbers. The best way to build the most veggies into your meal is to order a salad or one of the chain's new protein bowls. While there are several options with pre-selected ingredients, you can also build your own. Subway even offers a nutrition calculator, which allows you to see how some additions or omissions impact the meal's nutrition facts (unfortunately, other pre-set items can't be altered in the tool). To do your calculations, all you need to do is click on the item you want on the site's nutrition profile page and then click on "nutrition calculator."

Bowls and salads are also a smart way to skirt surplus carbs. A full footlong roll can pack as much as 75 grams of carb—about the amount in five standard slices of bread. If you need more carbs than a bowl provides, opt for a squeeze pouch of Musselman's unsweetened applesauce as a side item, which is made from just apples and vitamin C and provides 12 grams of carb with no added sugar.

Subway only offers one non-animal protein option—a veggie patty made from veggies and soy. Even if you're not plant-based, consider trying it if you can tolerate soy. After all, a 2020 study that looked at data from more than 400,000 US men and women over a 16-year period did show that a higher intake of plant protein was associated with a lower risk of death from all causes.

If you do eat meat (and have no problems with soy), then first consider trying the rotisserie style chicken, made from chicken, water, and 2% or less additional ingredients, including salt, soybean oil, dextrose, and seasonings.

Add avocado

A scan of the ingredient PDF shows that the only ingredients in Subway's smashed avocado are Hass avocados and sea salt. Add it to any order to up your meal's content of anti-inflammatory fat, fiber, antioxidants, and key vitamins and minerals, including potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and is needed for heart, muscle, and nerve function. Regular avocado consumption has also been linked to healthy weight management, including lower odds of becoming overweight or obese as an adult.

Stick with H2O

Make water your beverage of choice to avoid excess amounts of added sugar or artificial sweeteners. A 16-ounce fountain soda without ice can pack over 30 grams of sugar, over 7 teaspoons worth. That's more than the maximum daily advised limit for added sugar based on guidelines from the American Heart Association.

Bottom line

As a convenient option, Subway may be a better-for-you choice compared to fried foods, but nutrition goes beyond the cooking method and includes ingredients, processing, and nutrients. If you're health-focused, take the time to review any chain's ingredients, including those of Subway, especially if you eat there frequently. Opt for fresh, minimally processed foods as often as possible, and go for items with straightforward ingredients and few additives, including added sugar.

Cynthia Sass, MPH, RD, is Health's contributing nutrition editor, a New York Times best-selling author, and a private practice performance nutritionist who has consulted for five professional sports teams.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:48 AM, singalion said:

And don't forget Americans are more prone to fast food, from that angle Subway might be better, but for nations consuming less Fast Food, Subway might not be any good alternative...

This addiction to fast food seems to have been shifting from America to Asia.  I got that impression seeing the many fat Chinese in BKK when I was there.  The pandemic may have also motivated some Americans to stay away from fast food places.

As for myself, the ONLY place I ate at a McDonalds in the last 10 years was in Singapore (!!)  at its store in Chinatown, on New Bridge Rd. between Pagoda and Temple streets,  usually after visiting Absolute and Cruise, to recuperate protein after having left much at these places.  On these occasions I didn't care about my weight.

I don't get tired to repeat that the best source of food is home, preparing simple meals with healthy foods bought at the supermarket.  This should be the obvious choice for those working from home.

On 11/26/2021 at 7:40 PM, Guest Eatery said:

Any western restaurant, cafe with franchise, chains is classified as "fast food" and I am including Coffee Bean and Starbuck into the category. 

The only restaurant I missed is the nostalgic PONDEROSA.  I love their all-you can eat buffet of salads   In the past, I like bring my gay friends to this eatery and then we spend the whole night chatting and taking our time under the cozy ambience.

No wonder ponderosa closed down

Buy new pants 

On 11/27/2021 at 5:47 AM, Steve5380 said:

This addiction to fast food seems to have been shifting from America to Asia.  I got that impression seeing the many fat Chinese in BKK when I was there.  The pandemic may have also motivated some Americans to stay away from fast food places.

As for myself, the ONLY place I ate at a McDonalds in the last 10 years was in Singapore (!!)  at its store in Chinatown, on New Bridge Rd. between Pagoda and Temple streets,  usually after visiting Absolute and Cruise, to recuperate protein after having left much at these places.  On these occasions I didn't care about my weight.

I don't get tired to repeat that the best source of food is home, preparing simple meals with healthy foods bought at the supermarket.  This should be the obvious choice for those working from home.

Oh the small cosy one at cruisy Lucky Chinatown. Closed down already.

Anyway the food portions in US are pretty large. Two Asians can share one meal.

Guest Suck it!

usually after visiting Absolute and Cruise, to recuperate protein after having left much at these places. 

Stop weaving excuses for American junk food.  You didn't loss anything at the Sauna.  You received spicy Asian protein there too.  What recuperation were you talking about. 

On 11/26/2021 at 5:20 PM, Guest Yum said:

Oh the small cosy one at cruisy Lucky Chinatown. Closed down already.

Anyway the food portions in US are pretty large. Two Asians can share one meal.

Oh, what a pity!  I have good memories of this McDonalds.

Yes, the portions in the US are larger, but so are the Americans.  Especially the overweight ones. 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:30 PM, Guest Suck it! said:

Stop weaving excuses for American junk food.  You didn't loss anything at the Sauna.  You received spicy Asian protein there too.  What recuperation were you talking about. 

You are right.  It was at times an exchange of protein.  But doesn't Asian protein have more MSG?

On 11/26/2021 at 10:17 PM, single42 said:

what is this shit? Fools and money are easily separated.

oh, and you can buy this on shopee or other places if you really want to waste money trying it. 

On 11/26/2021 at 10:11 AM, Steve5380 said:

You don't know me at all! 

V well said!!

Rmb this n STOP cumming here n everywhere 2 tok as if u noe us asians which u clearly dont!! So shuddup la!!

On 11/27/2021 at 12:11 AM, Guest Guest said:

V well said!!

Rmb this n STOP cumming here n everywhere 2 tok as if u noe us asians which u clearly dont!! So shuddup la!!

Definitely not!

IF "guest interrogation signs" does not know me at all, this is a reason for me to post more, so he starts knowing me.  :) 

id rather get stuff'd to be honest. changing the bread to wraps costs extra (total like $7-$8?) while a chicken kebab is $5+. plus the only subs id recommend is the chicken breast or turkey meat. the rest i think are fattening af

This addiction to fast food seems to have been shifting from America to Asia.  I got that impression seeing the many fat Chinese in BKK when I was there. 

Because Asians are taking up American fast food, but the main reason is an increasing middle glass in Asia, parents pampering their kids too much , worst such 1 kid families and kids having more pocket money. Then kids take up bad eating habits.

And how many parents went celebrating birthdays with their kids at fast food outlets in Asia. This gives a wrong impression of fast food to kids.

Parents in other countries aren't better...

Edited by singalion

On 11/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, lonely57 said:

id rather get stuff'd to be honest. changing the bread to wraps costs extra (total like $7-$8?) while a chicken kebab is $5+. plus the only subs id recommend is the chicken breast or turkey meat. the rest i think are fattening af

Good idea. I will ask for Chicken kebab without wrap then 

How about tuna from Subway? Many studies claim that tuna is more healthy than red meat.

wrap is 40 cents more but honestly, the carbs content of a wrap is not low. so it doesnt mean that changing bread to wrap is healthier.

actually most subway ingredients are relatively healthy but if you pair it with cookie / chips + soft drinks then it kinda defeat the purpose. Some of the sauces are loaded with calories too.

Definitely not! You will add more weight instead!

stuff'd has an ongoing promo offering Impossible meat at the same price as the real. tried it a few times, and it is easier on the tummy as I do not really eat red meat. good tactic to test the market, for obvious health and environmental reasons. 

that said, wraps are actually higher in simple carbs than the subway breads. they used to have little pamphlets at the cashier on nutional info and calorie counts. 

as for subway, even the chicken breast is not real. it is glue meat, aka reconstituted patty. and the other meats are actually cold cuts aka processed meats. so that only makes tuna and egg the somewhat "healthier" choices. no need to add sauce as both has mayo already. 

with subway, it is lesser of two evils. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 11/29/2021 at 10:54 PM, tomcat said:

stuff'd has an ongoing promo offering Impossible meat at the same price as the real. tried it a few times, and it is easier on the tummy as I do not really eat red meat. good tactic to test the market, for obvious health and environmental reasons. 

that said, wraps are actually higher in simple carbs than the subway breads. they used to have little pamphlets at the cashier on nutional info and calorie counts. 

as for subway, even the chicken breast is not real. it is glue meat, aka reconstituted patty. and the other meats are actually cold cuts aka processed meats. so that only makes tuna and egg the somewhat "healthier" choices. no need to add sauce as both has mayo already. 

with subway, it is lesser of two evils. 

Is there really a difference between subway and stuff'd?

Also note "impossible meat" contains higher saturated fats and:

The Impossible Meat is made from soy protein concentrate, coconut oil, sunflower oil, potato protein, methylcellulose, yeast extract, salt, gums, and water and additives, including vitamin B12, zinc, vitamin B6, thiamin (B1) and niacin. The impossible Meat is an ultra-processed food with many added ingredients . Also, the Impossible meat adds GMO (genetically modified organisms). While an Impossible meat is a good source of fiber, calcium and potassium, and they have zero cholesterol, they are high in saturated fats and sodium, both of which are linked to serious health issues like obesity, heart disease and high blood pressure.

Stuff'd comes also with these added sauces mostly containing fats like mayonnaise .. same as subway.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:55 PM, singalion said:

Is there really a difference between subway and stuff'd?

Is Stuff'd chicken kebab meat pure chicken or is it reconstituted like Subway's? My guess is it's pure chicken. If so, then that would be a significant difference. 

Ask for no sauces if you want to keep it healthy. 

Edited by Derren

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.