Male HQ

Why are people so scare when u mention any plan for holiday

Guest Guest

I suppose it is not about scared to travel or plan for a holiday, it is because of the uncertainty ahead.

I believe a few weeks back with those VTL or no-quarantine travel starting to pickup in late November, many would want to book for a trip. Suddenly Omicron came along and some countries start to close again or implement 'X' number of days of quarantine upon arrival, so it is a hassle to either postpone or cancel the trip.

Imagine you book a short 4/5-day trip but need to be quarantined for say 7 days, worst would be you bearing the cost of quarantine - then might as well do a staycation better yeah. Haha.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

I already went. just came back from 10 day trip in KL. eat, shop, relax, met friends.

as long as you keep to the rules and do what you are supposed to, scared what?

done all the testings, which counts SEVEN so far in total, never had my hole/throat poke so many times.

would i still do it? yes, cause poor mental health can also be just as detrimental. too much fear is a poison.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Ate you laccinated?

Don't want the hassle.

Like enter mall, do vaccine check. Enter restaurant do again.ravelli

If I'm unvax, I can't even enter the mall right?

Don't want the hassle when traveling.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:16 PM, Guest Ate you laccinated? said:

Don't want the hassle.

Like enter mall, do vaccine check. Enter restaurant do again.ravelli

If I'm unvax, I can't even enter the mall right?

Don't want the hassle when traveling.

Isnt this the same as in SG?

The hassle will be the 4 PCR that one have to take + the daily ART. So if you go Malaysia for a week,  total will be 4 PCR + 14 ART,  that is simply crazy unless one have the fetish of getting poked.

Not to mention the cost probably come up to $600+, add on the air ticket cost probably about 1K. That is even excluding hotel and personal spending, just simply not worth it. 

Move further to korea,  australia or europe, the cost is even worse and now that all these countries experience omicrone spreading in their community, not really a good idea for leisure travel. But for those with spare cash,  it may be a good time to exchange some currency,  RM @ 3.09 and thai baht @ 24.5. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Ate you laccinated?
On 12/8/2021 at 4:19 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Isnt this the same as in SG?

The hassle will be the 4 PCR that one have to take + the daily ART. So if you go Malaysia for a week,  total will be 4 PCR + 14 ART,  that is simply crazy unless one have the fetish of getting poked.

Not to mention the cost probably come up to $600+, add on the air ticket cost probably about 1K. That is even excluding hotel and personal spending, just simply not worth it. 

Move further to korea,  australia or europe, the cost is even worse and now that all these countries experience omicrone spreading in their community, not really a good idea for leisure travel. 

Agrees with all the hassle, how to enjoy holiday?

Only those visiting relatives will go through this.

On 12/8/2021 at 1:44 PM, tomcat said:

I already went. just came back from 10 day trip in KL. eat, shop, relax, met friends.

done all the testings, which counts SEVEN so far in total, never had my hole/throat poke so many times.

would i still do it? yes, cause poor mental health can also be just as detrimental. too much fear is a poison.

sigh, for all those bemoaning.

for malaysia, the system is almost the same as SG. just that they use MySejahtera app instead of Trace Together. just get your vaccination status prepared, this is something you need to do while in SG too. having been there, i can say MY can be a bit more slack than SG.

as for the tests, only singapore side is adamant about PCR. Malaysia allows ART for most cases, even the pre-departure. i did mine virtually, costs RM15. i returned exactly after omicron broke, so only need to do daily ART, no problem just use the ones provided by govt.

all i can say is that the world will never go back to before as long as the covid19 and all its variants still affect humans. just up to you whether you want to whine and be miserable, or accept reality and move on. but for those who are kiamgana, that one better stay home and count your money. i think that will bring you the most comfort.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 12/8/2021 at 4:32 PM, Guest Ate you laccinated? said:

Agrees with all the hassle, how to enjoy holiday?

Only those visiting relatives will go through this.

And those irresponsible one who  juat cant wait to travel because they got too much money dont know what to do. One of the omicron community case came in from germany VTL and more will be coming from south korea perhaps.

Doesnt make sense to restrict everything in SG and sent people out to enjoy mask free european vacation and bring back souvenir for us. At least a 3 to 5 day quarantine should be imposed.

It maybe a good thing with this omicron coming in and people start to be fearful and delay their travel plan. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 12/7/2021 at 11:44 PM, tomcat said:

You cannot eat, shop, relax, met friends for 10 days in SG as well as in KL?  You didn't mention OtotOtot, Kakiku, Mandi Manda, etc...

Don't confuse common sense with fear.   We should not postpone trips to better times out of fear,  but out of SMARTNESS. 

Which tests you had to take poked your hole?  Just curiosity :) 

On 12/9/2021 at 10:38 PM, tomcat said:

all i can say is that the world will never go back to before as long as the covid19 and all its variants still affect humans. just up to you whether you want to whine and be miserable, or accept reality and move on. but for those who are kiamgana, that one better stay home and count your money. i think that will bring you the most comfort.

You can write the same about many calamities.   They must have thought at the time that "The world will never go back to before as long as World War II keeps raging" Yet at that time, no one would have made a touristic tour through Germany, France, Italy for fun.

The threat of Covid will pass.  Even if it remains endemic like the flu, periodic vaccination is no hardship!  People who now stay home don't moan or feel miserable, THEY accept reality and stay put.   You don't want to think like spoiled Americans, making big plans to travel, and already filling roads and airports and hotels and renting cars to the point that the resources are becoming scarce and expensive and they must stay in lines forever with all the crowding.  IS THIS FUN?

My son threw a party on Thanksgiving day inviting family, friends, and myself.  I declined graciously, thinking about the drive of 300km one way in big traffic and rain, and the crowd in my son's home,  although I would have liked to socialize.  I went to visit him one week later, driving in beautiful weather and no traffic,  and what is more important,  no crowds in my son's home.  He, his wife and my grandchildren paid me constant attention like to a guest of honor for the one day and night I was there, a wonderful family reunion I am still cherishing.

On 12/10/2021 at 10:47 PM, Steve5380 said:

The threat of Covid will pass. 

oh steve, please don't come for me just because i disagreed with you in another thread. 

it is really unbecoming...I am going to let it slide this time though.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 12/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, mate69 said:

Very soon it will be my second time flying long-haul right in the midst of a global health pandemic (both times!)

Hope it'll be as smooth-sailing like the first time. 

Keep to the airline protocols, as well as, your own personal hygiene procedures. If you fly national carrier, rest assured the plane is cleaned and sanitised well by the cabin crew, there is a lot riding on them. 

Doing all your necessary testing pre-departure, while troublesome, actually provides you a confidence because you know for a fact that you are Negative as of 2 days before. So it is virtually impossible that anything will present itself over the span of 1 or 2 days. Clearing airports, which is where a lot of the anxiety is, should not be an issue at all.

Get all your necessary documents - I see some travellers print them out. I rather just have it in my phone, placed somewhere accessible. Less need to touch things. Oh, and contactless credit card is the way to go, this really eliminates many opportunities for transmission.

One benefit of pandemic travelling, it really is a more leisurely experience due to lesser people in general. You can easily state your personal space these days as well, it is not considered rude. And now more than ever, there are so many personnel and wayfinding guiding you to the right place, I felt it was more relaxing actually. Like VIP.

Only problem for me these days, is that it is harder to express warmth and friendliness with a mask on. So I realise my eyes and body gesture/language plays a huge part. Anyone who is genuine and friendly is treated better in airport industry throughout, because the average traveller is so miserable, grumpy and annoyed. I learnt this tip from cabin crew friends. 

Once you are friendly, polite and respectful, service staff will bend to your will. Some are so touched by your warmth, they will give you the sky and the moon. So always remember to greet (or simply respond) to your cabin crew. Be nice to airport staff, and never be afraid to ask for help or assistance. It is your right and privilege to receive their help, and it is always good to remind someone that their job is important and necessary. 

Safe travels!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 12/11/2021 at 1:25 AM, tomcat said:

oh steve, please don't come for me just because i disagreed with you in another thread. 

it is really unbecoming...I am going to let it slide this time though.

I apologize for my post.  Thanks for letting it pass.  I usually agree with you very much.  Cheers :) 

On 12/11/2021 at 3:29 AM, tomcat said:

Keep to the airline protocols, as well as, your own personal hygiene procedures. If you fly national carrier, rest assured the plane is cleaned and sanitised well by the cabin crew, there is a lot riding on them. 

Doing all your necessary testing pre-departure, while troublesome, actually provides you a confidence because you know for a fact that you are Negative as of 2 days before. So it is virtually impossible that anything will present itself over the span of 1 or 2 days. Clearing airports, which is where a lot of the anxiety is, should not be an issue at all.

Get all your necessary documents - I see some travellers print them out. I rather just have it in my phone, placed somewhere accessible. Less need to touch things. Oh, and contactless credit card is the way to go, this really eliminates many opportunities for transmission.

One benefit of pandemic travelling, it really is a more leisurely experience due to lesser people in general. You can easily state your personal space these days as well, it is not considered rude. And now more than ever, there are so many personnel and wayfinding guiding you to the right place, I felt it was more relaxing actually. Like VIP.

Only problem for me these days, is that it is harder to express warmth and friendliness with a mask on. So I realise my eyes and body gesture/language plays a huge part. Anyone who is genuine and friendly is treated better in airport industry throughout, because the average traveller is so miserable, grumpy and annoyed. I learnt this tip from cabin crew friends. 

Once you are friendly, polite and respectful, service staff will bend to your will. Some are so touched by your warmth, they will give you the sky and the moon. So always remember to greet (or simply respond) to your cabin crew. Be nice to airport staff, and never be afraid to ask for help or assistance. It is your right and privilege to receive their help, and it is always good to remind someone that their job is important and necessary. 

Safe travels!

Thanks! Yeah, you are right - it's not that bad a nightmare, provided I follow existing guidelines so as to minimize all possible inconveniences

while travelling. A chore, yes, but well, it's not as if I have any choice if I'm flying. It all comes in a package, I guess.

It does feel like flying on your own private airline! With extremely few fellow travellers - especially during last year when the pandemic first struck.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.