Male HQ

How to live a simple life?

Guest Zingo

On 12/11/2021 at 6:18 AM, Guest Zingo said:

How to live a simple life? Especially in Singapore.

Different people define simple life very differently.   Rich people has a different idea of "simple life" as compare to poor people.  Village folks think city folk's life are simple and vice versa.  A monk's life may not be as simple as ordinary people life too.  What is simple to you may not be so simple to other people.    Back to the question..

Answer: Whatever that makes you happy.

On 12/11/2021 at 7:14 AM, Guest Easy said:

Answer: Whatever that makes you happy.

So true! And as @Steve5380 has pointed out, simple means different things to different people. As the pandemic has shown, I could never find simplicity by being stuck at home, even with my partner. Thankfully we share many of the same tastes and are both more gregarious. So, simple for us is as much meeting up with friends for a simple lunch, a more ample dinner with wine, having friends round for chat, wine, snacks and maybe a movie as it is being together at home for a quiet evening with candlelight, music or just reading. Find out what makes you happy and then go for it.

On 12/10/2021 at 9:39 PM, InBangkok said:

So true! And as @Steve5380 has pointed out, simple means different things to different people. As the pandemic has shown, I could never find simplicity by being stuck at home, even with my partner. Thankfully we share many of the same tastes and are both more gregarious. So, simple for us is as much meeting up with friends for a simple lunch, a more ample dinner with wine, having friends round for chat, wine, snacks and maybe a movie as it is being together at home for a quiet evening with candlelight, music or just reading. Find out what makes you happy and then go for it.

I don't know how the pandemic has played out in BKK.  In many places people have been confined to their homes, quarantined at home with the only exception to go out to buy food or get medical attention.  Oher Acts of God also restrict people to their home, like big flooding, winter storms, etc.

I would feel so bad for you if in the simplicity of your simple life, one of these circumstances would prevent you from going with your partner to meet friends, go to restaurants, go to the movies, and satisfy your compulsion to travel around the world chasing live concerts!!   I would fear for your mental sanity and survival.  The fact that YOU HAVE to leave home, isn't this a complication in your life?   As you know,  complication is the opposite of simplicity.

In my real simple life, I can live confined to home with absolutely no problems.  I have been doing so in this pandemic, and it has made me feel even more cozy at home. A reliable optical fiber brings Internet and telephone to my house, and I watch television "over the air".  I chat remotely with friends and families,  see family remotely through Skype, listen to the news, music, see the whole world from the comfort of my home.  I also have a big pantry and freezer to store my healthy foods and I could survive on what I have there for a month.  I am in no rush to travel overseas, I will resume it when it is safe and convenient.  Life is good!

Edited by Steve5380

If you can be satisfied with the 3 basic hierarchy of need <Physiological, safety and security, love and belonging>,  and don't chase other higher needs, you are leading a simple life.

For me, a simple life - wherever I am, is when my mind can think the simple things.  When it does not complicate situations, or to make it difficult, by over analyzing.  It is said  too much analysis leads to paralysis.  Acceptance is crucial in living the simple life.

With what I have, I need to learn to let it work and be comfortable.  With gratitude, every good thing comes and more.

Sharing this beautiful wisdom by Wayne Dyer:

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Guest A bubble

I have been living in my own bubble for years. Is that simple enough for u guys?  I don't like to talk, I dont network nor make an effort to mingle. I shut my ears if I think someone is noisy or talking too much.  I dont give a shit if our leader dies the next day or some popular eateries shut down. Don't ask me to queue for anything more than a  minute.  Don't expect me to leave my house if it rains.   What is festives to anyone is considered a non event and I don't take news seriously if ever I came across one that is even worth a second of my time.   Now I am going to bed and leave you busy with what I have just written.  Thereafter don't tell me what you think of me  because I simply don't care! 

On 12/12/2021 at 9:59 AM, Guest A bubble said:

I have been living in my own bubble for years. Is that simple enough for u guys?  I don't like to talk, I dont network nor make an effort to mingle. I shut my ears if I think someone is noisy or talking too much.  I dont give a shit if our leader dies the next day or some popular eateries shut down. Don't ask me to queue for anything more than a  minute.  Don't expect me to leave my house if it rains.   What is festives to anyone is considered a non event and I don't take news seriously if ever I came across one that is even worth a second of my time.   Now I am going to bed and leave you busy with what I have just written.  Thereafter don't tell me what you think of me  because I simply don't care! 

Bubble...  if you would not care what we readers think of you, you wouldn't have written your long post. 

And I don't think anything bad from it.  You seem to be happy, and this is enough.   But you are not like an orange, that only has inside orange juice.  Life may squeeze you in different ways, and what may come out is not only indifference, but some other feelings that you don't even know you have inside.  Like interest, enthusiasm, love, compassion, generosity.  Enough to make a nice fruit cocktail, so that when you are older you will have the satisfaction of having lived a full life.

On 12/12/2021 at 5:59 AM, IkuTube said:

For me, a simple life - wherever I am, is when my mind can think the simple things.  When it does not complicate situations, or to make it difficult, by over analyzing.  It is said  too much analysis leads to paralysis.  Acceptance is crucial in living the simple life.

With what I have, I need to learn to let it work and be comfortable.  With gratitude, every good thing comes and more.

Sharing this beautiful wisdom by Wayne Dyer:

Iku, with much respect...

We can have a simple life,  yet process very complicated thoughts in our brains.  The software engineer, stresses his head trying to remove the bugs in his created software, and after extensive analyses he can clean and finalize his created software, and call it simply a successful day.   In our simple life, we should be willing to fight the oh so common problems with our computer that does not want to do what we want,  and with patience and without frustration we finally succeed.

The Wise Orange Analogy is very nice.  But good health tells us that we should not squeeze an orange.  Orange juice is too sweet to be healthy.  We should peel the orange, hopefully leaving some of the white of the skin, and then eat the segments whole, minus the seeds if there are any.   This is very SIMPLE. 

Guest I'm Insatiable
On 12/12/2021 at 3:58 PM, mate69 said:

My dad used to tell me when I was young, and this has stuck with me ever since:

"Don't compare with others"

Yeah baby. So many goblock gongkia see people  do, they also must do. Never think of their own circumstances.

That's why they are unhappy and make the people around them unhappy. People's  son become doctor, they force their child to study medicine etc. 

This dumb insatiable need to keep up with the Angs, Lims and Wong ah ma. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.