Male HQ

What advice would you give to young gays on how to deal with the pressures they face today?

Guest Neha

On 12/13/2021 at 12:52 PM, Guest Neha said:

What advice would you give to young gays on how to deal with the pressures they face today?

It does come down to the type of pressure they're facing, but above all, focus on learning self-reliance, and internal motivation. Move away from external validation because it will be difficult to be happy with yourself otherwise.

In a world now where everybody is different, special and an outlier, remember that you don't need arbitrary labels to understand your self. You do you, and do it the best you can.

I watched a really good video on Youtube lately that talks about what one should do if they feel left behind in life.

And the key takeaway message to that is, "Don't let the internet rush you. And don't let anyone else tell you that your self-worth is measured by the amount of success you accomplish at a certain age."

I'd like to think those are incredibly wise words that applies to anyone, regardless of age, gender and sexual orientation. Ditto for gay folks. Especially with each passing year, we're all hardwired to focus on career and financial success following looks and body image and I find that even single, older veteran gay men are locked into that rat race these days. 

Ultimately, the one thing I've ever advise a young gay men at all times is don't let anyone tell you how to live your life. You make your own decisions and you stick by them. As long as you're willing to be accountable for your actions, you are allowed to do whatever you please. A few other golden words to live by, do good, live well, be happy, love wholeheartedly and you are just as successful as everyone else in life.   

Edited by notd

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.