Male HQ

Simply hate running.. but wanna be fit..hee hee

mamat

I don't know why.. I simply hate running.. learn about runner's high and all.. that once you experience it you can like run forever.. but still not motivated to even try to achieve it 🙂

I am sure there's people like me out there haa haa.. I will still try to keep myself fit and healthy through other ways though. What other ways do you people who are like me do?

And of course I hate dieting 🙂 my worst weakness.. coz I simply enjoy food and company 🤪

To each his own… let friends be many.. be happy always

Haiz..you should feel motivated or join me lah...can see me naked with my anaconda then shower together or something haha 

I think I am 1 out of 5 local malays who take his fitness level damn serious even though I know I am not that good looking lah just cute haha I don't judge...felt that I am the only malay running islandwide...and if got enough people 1 can organize boot camp.

I want to encourage more malays doesn't matter if you top btm verst cis guys...btm malays you need to get fit too do more squats so the ass nice to piak piak indoor outdoor...

Calling all local malay fit with abs or defined ripped and bros, instead of busy chi** or pop why not spent a day for cardio with me hehe then if we meet often I can even host hotel for us hehe group orgy haha pm me ah malay fit bros SG if you keen. 

On 12/15/2021 at 1:49 AM, BudakFit said:

Haiz..you should feel motivated or join me lah...can see me naked with my anaconda then shower together or something haha 

I think I am 1 out of 5 local malays who take his fitness level damn serious even though I know I am not that good looking lah just cute haha I don't judge...felt that I am the only malay running islandwide...and if got enough people 1 can organize boot camp.

I want to encourage more malays doesn't matter if you top btm verst cis guys...btm malays you need to get fit too do more squats so the ass nice to piak piak indoor outdoor...

Calling all local malay fit with abs or defined ripped and bros, instead of busy chi** or pop why not spent a day for cardio with me hehe then if we meet often I can even host hotel for us hehe group orgy haha pm me ah malay fit bros SG if you keen. 

Wahh 😱I'm so motivated just looking at your abs... haven't even see your anaconda haa haa.. but still everything else can do except running.. short distance still can but how to burn fats like that right hee hee

If you never start now the fats will stored...might as well make the fats store into energy...

Treadmill to me kan useless...you need to experience all kinds of terrain...

Let me know lah if u keen...

On 12/16/2021 at 12:39 AM, BudakFit said:

If you never start now the fats will stored...might as well make the fats store into energy...

Treadmill to me kan useless...you need to experience all kinds of terrain...

Let me know lah if u keen...

That part about the fat storage I truly understand especially the love handles 😄... treadmill or outdoor running alike are what seems to be very daunting for me. I once had a very bad experience running cross-country when I twisted my ankle badly running at the Reservoir terrain.. I think that was what pissed me off and make me hate running so much 🙂.

As for the invite from you... hmm let me ponder about it for the time being 🤔😆 imagining what can happen after that may be a motivation for me haa haa

On 12/15/2021 at 12:50 AM, mamat said:

I don't know why.. I simply hate running.. learn about runner's high and all.. that once you experience it you can like run forever.. but still not motivated to even try to achieve it 🙂

I am sure there's people like me out there haa haa.. I will still try to keep myself fit and healthy through other ways though. What other ways do you people who are like me do?

And of course I hate dieting 🙂 my worst weakness.. coz I simply enjoy food and company 🤪

who told you you need to run to stay fit? Don’t make excuses, just do one of the thousand other things you could do instead until you find something you like better. 

On 12/17/2021 at 1:46 AM, Guest Lol said:

One of the dumbest and low iq thread wtf cancerous read from start to finish. Fucking stupid Malays my gosh. Bring your dumbass convo out of here. Fucking hopeless Malay people 

Wow.. very strong language you'd used here... I hope the Moderator reading this.. its really sad that such a simple thread asking for sharing of ideas to keep yourself healthy besides simply running had caught your attention in the wrong way 

On 12/15/2021 at 12:50 AM, mamat said:

U can go for high caloric burning work which will replace deliberate exercise sessions. I'm not gonna name occupations but some of my friends are naturally fit because of their job.

Edited by firefight

On 12/17/2021 at 10:50 PM, firefight said:

U can go for high caloric burning work which will replace deliberate exercise sessions. I'm not gonna name occupations but some of my friends are naturally fit because of their job.

Wahh find a different job.. hmm that's something new.. never thought of it... you're definitely right that one of the cause of putting on weight is my desk bound job.. maybe I should have a change of career.. hmm firefighter maybe 😆.. thanks for your insight 👍

Diet is the main thing to be able to slim down. If you dont care this option and have totally no control of what you eat than you will need many hours of cardio everyday to burn all those fat that you put in your body. Running is an easy option but you dont want it than you will need to find some other high intensity cardio to replace it. There is no shortcuts to getting lean and fit. You will need your will power to break through your comfort zone. 

On 12/18/2021 at 8:05 PM, yoyo74 said:

Diet is the main thing to be able to slim down. If you dont care this option and have totally no control of what you eat than you will need many hours of cardio everyday to burn all those fat that you put in your body. Running is an easy option but you dont want it than you will need to find some other high intensity cardio to replace it. There is no shortcuts to getting lean and fit. You will need your will power to break through your comfort zone. 

Ohh wah thanks for your input... so its true like people say most of it depends on your diet 😔

I have to try to harder in improving my diet then... on the part of finding some other high intensity cardio to replace running... what kind do you suggest that would have less impact on my knees and ankles. Would staying in the sauna and sweating it out be good? Just thinking of some simpler options 😬

On 12/19/2021 at 11:58 AM, mamat said:

Ohh wah thanks for your input... so its true like people say most of it depends on your diet 😔

I have to try to harder in improving my diet then... on the part of finding some other high intensity cardio to replace running... what kind do you suggest that would have less impact on my knees and ankles. Would staying in the sauna and sweating it out be good? Just thinking of some simpler options 😬

staying in the sauna will do NOTHING for your fitness and attempt to lose weight. 

just do SOME exercise regularly - anything that suits you - and fix your diet. It really doesn’t need to be so complicated and your are just putting off doing what you know you need to do by posting on here and waiting for answers.

Just get moving: swim, walk, cycle, spin, Boot Camp, weights, team sports, etc. etc. etc. 

On 12/19/2021 at 3:14 PM, Guest Wtf said:

staying in the sauna will do NOTHING for your fitness and attempt to lose weight. 

just do SOME exercise regularly - anything that suits you - and fix your diet. It really doesn’t need to be so complicated and your are just putting off doing what you know you need to do by posting on here and waiting for answers.

Just get moving: swim, walk, cycle, spin, Boot Camp, weights, team sports, etc. etc. etc. 

thanks WTF for your suggestions.. I am indeed trying to pick up something in my quest to get in shape and stay fit and healthy. Tried yoga and some different group exercise classes such as step and combat. But wow except for yoga, the impact I felt on my legs were tremendous for these exercises. The agony post the exercise classes were bad. guessed its because I have not had such strenuous exercise for a long time. Yeah... I am determine to find something that can intrigue me.. hopefully get a significant buddy as well 🙂

On 12/19/2021 at 11:58 AM, mamat said:

I have tried both diet and high intensity exercises to slim down. I can confirm dieting option slim down much faster a lot of times than exercising but its best that you do both simultanously.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:01 PM, mamat said:

@yoyo74Btw..nice lean body you've got there... I'm pretty sure you run a lot of marathon especially 🤔

I actually never run any marathon. I put a cap on my runs at 10km but most of my weekly runs is around 3km plus if i run at Bedok reservoir and if other places will run around 5km to 10km. As you can see from my body diet is the real reason to lean down. If i feel fat that day i will just only eat 2 hard boil eggs on that particular meals and i only eat 2 meals per day although i have eat snacks occasionally when i dont feel so fat lol. It becomes a continuous cycle slim down a little becomes happy go relax diet a bit eat some dessert drink bbt and if weight reach 59kg which is overweight for my 160cm height i become stressful and immediately control back my diet again. I do weight almost every day to make sure i dont get over fat without knowing it so that i know when i need to control back again

Edited by yoyo74

On 12/20/2021 at 2:04 AM, yoyo74 said:

I actually never run any marathon. I put a cap on my runs at 10km but most of my weekly runs is around 3km plus if i run at Bedok reservoir and if other places will run around 5km to 10km. As you can see from my body diet is the real reason to lean down. If i feel fat that day i will just only eat 2 hard boil eggs on that particular meals and i only eat 2 meals per day although i have eat snacks occasionally when i dont feel so fat lol. It becomes a continuous cycle slim down a little becomes happy go relax diet a bit eat some dessert drink bbt and if weight reach 59kg which is overweight for my 160cm height i become stressful and immediately control back my diet again. I do weight almost every day to make sure i dont get over fat without knowing it so that i know when i need to control back again

Thanks so much... I am so jealous at how discipline you're at keeping to your diet. I will try my best to keep my diet in check. On that I have a slight problem as well as I don't like to waste food 😅 I will eat and finish up whatever is served. Hmm my terrible weakness 😔

On 12/20/2021 at 2:13 AM, mamat said:

Thanks so much... I am so jealous at how discipline you're at keeping to your diet. I will try my best to keep my diet in check. On that I have a slight problem as well as I don't like to waste food 😅 I will eat and finish up whatever is served. Hmm my terrible weakness 😔

The good habit of not wasting food is actually not good for your health and body if you need to keep stuffing food in your mouth when you already too full to eat. Also must learn to reject free junk food from others. Learn to be more generous to always share your food(fats) to other people.

Dont get jealous of others. Go diet and exercise get a lean fit body and make others jealous of you. Make this as a motivation to make others jealous of you. Once succeed you will only be smiling until death lol

On 12/20/2021 at 1:27 AM, mamat said:

thanks WTF for your suggestions.. I am indeed trying to pick up something in my quest to get in shape and stay fit and healthy. Tried yoga and some different group exercise classes such as step and combat. But wow except for yoga, the impact I felt on my legs were tremendous for these exercises. The agony post the exercise classes were bad. guessed its because I have not had such strenuous exercise for a long time. Yeah... I am determine to find something that can intrigue me.. hopefully get a significant buddy as well 🙂

yoga is not going to do it, you would be better to do some form of aerobic exercise where you are getting slightly out of breath (or more) and where your heart rate is increased (to a level that’s safe for you).

You might just have to start with brisk walking if you are currently overweight and not very fit - just do it regularly and for a decent distance. And then start to build from there, maybe adding in a cross trainer or cycling - all of which are easier on your joints than running. If you are overweight, then high impact exercise will definitely be hard on your joints. 

but honestly the best advice you can take is: just do it! No more hesitating, research or excuses, just start somewhere and get on with it. 

On 12/20/2021 at 12:36 PM, Guest Dumb said:

Typical Malays will always want the easy way out that’s why they are like this now 

Haa haa I'll take that as a reverse psychology to get me motivated to sweat it out and get fit, lean and healthy 😘

On 12/20/2021 at 11:30 AM, Guest Wtf said:

yoga is not going to do it, you would be better to do some form of aerobic exercise where you are getting slightly out of breath (or more) and where your heart rate is increased (to a level that’s safe for you).

You might just have to start with brisk walking if you are currently overweight and not very fit - just do it regularly and for a decent distance. And then start to build from there, maybe adding in a cross trainer or cycling - all of which are easier on your joints than running. If you are overweight, then high impact exercise will definitely be hard on your joints. 

but honestly the best advice you can take is: just do it! No more hesitating, research or excuses, just start somewhere and get on with it. 

Wowww... WTF you sounded like a fitness trainer or enthusiast... thanks for the advise 👍

Its like me. Want to get beefy but lazy to eat (cant eat much). 😆

Small. 5" top twink. Interest: Hunky daddies and fit buffy, beefcake bear. ^_^

Abs is overated. So I prefer big round chest over refined abs. 😋

I’ve been running 3-4 times a week, avg 7km per run, for a few yrs already, done 10km run before, never had i experienced the runner’s high…I still hate running lol. Every run is still a chore for me, but it has become a habit, and I actually feel weird or that I’ve done something wrong whenever I skip a session lol

On 12/20/2021 at 3:40 PM, smallperson said:

Its like me. Want to get beefy but lazy to eat (cant eat much). 😆

Wahh... lazy to eat.. thats the first I heard of such 😝.. I think I can spare you some of my meat 😬 btw I've got a goatee aka beard... hee hee

On 12/20/2021 at 4:23 PM, mansoar said:

I’ve been running 3-4 times a week, avg 7km per run, for a few yrs already, done 10km run before, never had i experienced the runner’s high…I still hate running lol. Every run is still a chore for me, but it has become a habit, and I actually feel weird or that I’ve done something wrong whenever I skip a session lol

I heard from someone who'd experienced runner's high... they only got it after running steadily for more than 30-45 mins.. but whatever you'd shared is gonna push me indeed to start moving...hopefully lead to running 😬

• 2 weeks later...

First, you don’t need to run to stay for. There are many other exercises you could do to stay fit. 
Not sure what exactly you mean by ‘staying fit’

Last but not least, mouth say but no action taken and always have tons of excuses is not going to get you anywhere. 
Enough said. 

On 1/8/2022 at 4:16 PM, repressednerd said:

Try swimming if you don't like running that much? Pre-covid, intense swimming that is done 2-3 times a week can burn off a lot of calories.

Nice body you’ve got there nerdy 😘…. Yes I want to swim but currently the pool near to my place is closed for Reno… delta complex 😬 excuses again isn’t it? Ha ha hope to swim with you one of these days if I’m welcomed 😄.. I can only do Breast stokes for slow long swim 

On 1/11/2022 at 12:53 AM, mamat said:

Nice body you’ve got there nerdy 😘…. Yes I want to swim but currently the pool near to my place is closed for Reno… delta complex 😬 excuses again isn’t it? Ha ha hope to swim with you one of these days if I’m welcomed 😄.. I can only do Breast stokes for slow long swim 

So what HAVE you done with all the advice given here? Which exercises did you start with, how often, etc? Why not go to a pool a little bit further away? The last piece of advice from @bluerunner below is probably the most important if you haven’t started anything consistent.

On 1/6/2022 at 2:49 PM, bluerunner said:

First, you don’t need to run to stay for. There are many other exercises you could do to stay fit. 
Not sure what exactly you mean by ‘staying fit’

Last but not least, mouth say but no action taken and always have tons of excuses is not going to get you anywhere. 
Enough said. 

Yes... Wtf.. I'd started exercising.. I started going to the gym and carry weights. I'd also started looking into my diet a little better 🙃 Wtf thanks for asking!

On 1/12/2022 at 1:54 AM, Guest Lol said:

Hopeless Malay people probably gonna give up after few weeks/months. LOL

haa haa.. are you even human? LOL...LOL.. Losers are always insecure people full of hatred in them... such a pity isn't it? Nonetheless let show them some sympathy and let them release their steam in whatever way they feel comfortable doing!!! 🙂  

On 1/13/2022 at 10:01 AM, Twice said:

Diet is the fastest way if you wanna lose weight. You can try intermittent fasting 16-8. Works well for me. Combine diet with exercise and you will definitely see your weight drop within a couple of months. 

Thanks Twice.. I'd like to try intermittent fasting. Trying my best to take care of my diet too.. but of course all of us have our weakness.. my is sadly is snacking on Netflix 😔

• 2 weeks later...

Intermittent fasting, like all other diets, only work when you do it on a long-term basis (possibly over several years or even decades). Short term results won’t last forever. The endgame of losing weight is to be consistent in your diet and exercise. 

I have been running over 15 years and like most people I hated it in the beginning as well but just wanted to pass my IPPT. Take things one step at a time and try to maintain the habit for at least 3 weeks. Then gradually build it into a lifestyle. 🙂

running, cycling and yoga. 

Guest needhelp

I also hate running, it's mundane and boring and i can't usually keep it with my breath

hence I walk 3 times a week, for maybe 8km over the last 2 months.

I also tried intermittent fasting 8pm to 12pm no food, only black sugarless kopi as my breakfast.

I also eating low carb, usually it's meat , veg or yong tau foo, abstain rice, bread for last 2 months

I did not lose a single kg over the last 2 months, despite the effort above. I'm 40 yrs old this year. What happened to me? Getting really despair and de-motivated.

2 months is probably not long enough. I recommend you to have a more realistic mindset and sustain these good habits for at least 6 months, before you judge them as ineffective for fat loss.

Walking 3 times a week is fantastic. Do you walk 8 km per week or per session? If it's per session, that's wonderful, please keep it up. If it's per week, then maybe you can gradually increase the distance/time you walk. Another tip is to try walking at a brisker pace. When you feel ready, you might even incorporate a few bodyweight exercises to build muscle. Muscles help to increase your metabolism. 

Intermittent fasting is usually practiced in a 16 hour fasting window. Not sure what you mean  when you wrote "8pm to 12pm". Try to make sure you eat within a 8-hour window.

Low carb is fantastic, but don't abstain from carbs completely; it may make you feel miserable. Ensure that overall calories is about 500 calories less than your daily caloric requirement. Have a balanced meal and cut out processed foods.

You are probably doing a good job, but it may require a longer period of sustained effort to see results. If you are very overweight, you will see results rather quickly but if you are only slightly overweight, it would usually take longer. In any case, these habits you have developed are excellent for your overall health. Do you feel more energy and stamina? Does your mood improve after a good walk in nature? These benefits alone are reasons enough to continue these habits.

Edited by Derren

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.