Male HQ

Singapore's Gay Sauna Popularity Poll

Loverofmassage

The different clubs  

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys,

PLEASE, I'm not here to start a war and i'm a neutral party whom recently started visiting more clubs and i would want to hear from you guys.

I have been to TMC, KB & Shogun. I have yet to visit hook.

I have also given my two cents worth of review in the individual threads. And why i'm starting this to hear from you by having you to poll. So please kindly poll and not attack each other. 

I truly believe that each club has it own selling point and it's very hard to measure because it's based on the day and the crowd you meet. yeah.

Maybe over here, you could advise me if i should go HOOK club? the membership thingy seems abit hard to understand. haha

hahaha. I kinda feel that in very general terms, there's not much differentiator between the clubs. Even the pricing are similar - the higher priced ones gives you off peak passes. Themes, rates, facilities are relatively similar too. The only difference will be the type of people who frequent there. It's easier when you're in which kind of mood to go which club. If not, the other is the amount of stairs you need to climb in each session.

• G_M changed the title to The different Sauna Poll

This poll will not give a good result because the different sauna caters to almost different crowd/groups.
1. Shogun, currently the longest surviving sauna. Caters to mature and regulars & foreign workers crowds. Opens 24 hours, it also house those who looking for temporary, affordable lodging. Many regulars hangs out at Shogun.

2. Ten Men Club (TMC) is the 2nd longest surviving sauna which caters mostly to chubs (young to mature) and mature regulars. With it's newly renovated locations, it seems to also attracts a wide spectrum of groups curious to experience the facilities.

3. Keybox caters more to the 20s to 40s with a splatter of older mature regulars. It had some nice facilities and some older equipment. Renovation is on the way and will see how the facilities and equipment had been upgraded.

4. Hook, the newest kid on the block which caters to the 20s to 40s, similar to Keybox and trying to hit the upmarket crowds. It was reported that there were many statues in the saunas during peak period. It has almost the same vibes/image as the formal Cruise Club (closed).

Do correct me if I am wrong with the above generalisation of the crowds.

My views about this poll that is too generic and will certainly not be the accurate portrayal of the sauna distribution of the gay population and popularity, given that those mature uncles don't actually go online to do polls and the poll can be rigged by members having multiple accounts to vote. (guest cannot vote).

My 2 cents.

Edited by GachiMuchi

• G_M changed the title to Singapore's Gay Sauna Popularity Poll
On 12/16/2021 at 2:16 PM, keyboard said:

hahaha. I kinda feel that in very general terms, there's not much differentiator between the clubs. Even the pricing are similar - the higher priced ones gives you off peak passes. Themes, rates, facilities are relatively similar too. The only difference will be the type of people who frequent there. It's easier when you're in which kind of mood to go which club. If not, the other is the amount of stairs you need to climb in each session.

Haha..the stairs part is real. we either walk round and round or climb up and down. 

On 12/16/2021 at 3:27 PM, GachiMuchi said:

This poll will not give a good result because the different sauna caters to almost different crowd/groups.
1. Shogun, currently the longest surviving sauna. Caters to mature and regulars & foreign workers crowds. Opens 24 hours, it also house those who looking for temporary, affordable lodging. Many regulars hangs out at Shogun.

2. Ten Men Club (TMC) is the 2nd longest surviving sauna which caters mostly to chubs (young to mature) and mature regulars. With it's newly renovated locations, it seems to also attracts a wide spectrum of groups curious to experience the facilities.

3. Keybox caters more to the 20s to 40s with a splatter of older mature regulars. It had some nice facilities and some older equipment. Renovation is on the way and will see how the facilities and equipment had been upgraded.

4. Hook, the newest kid on the block which caters to the 20s to 40s, similar to Keybox and trying to hit the upmarket crowds. It was reported that there were many statues in the saunas during peak period. It has almost the same vibes/image as the formal Cruise Club (closed).

My views about this poll that is too generic and will certainly not be the accurate portrayal of the sauna distribution of the gay population and popularity, given that those mature uncles don't actually go online to do polls and the poll can be rigged by members having multiple accounts to vote. (guest cannot vote).

My 2 cents.

Hi GachiMuchi,

Wow. Thanks for the in-depth explaination of all the clubs. Appreciate that. Understand where you are coming from. 

So guys, please note, this is not to say which club is more popular or good. It's just to see for those who vote, what's your preference. 

On 12/16/2021 at 4:17 PM, keyboard said:

Hygiene wise also differs, the "statue" areas with shower/locker facilities tend to wash their dicks after a random mouth goes over it. I seen some people get mouthed multiple times but didn't wash.

I remembered some places I left having pain on the soles of my feet instead of elsewhere.

Hygiene?.....to be frank, all these are dirty clubs. 

Hook is the same place as the old Cruise Club.

Isn't 17 the old place for the current Keybox?

Even TMC used to be called something else, I didn't know it's the same place till I had to climb so many stairs up and down the whole night.

The one i really missed was the one at City Hall, Towel Club. That floor plan seems to be pretty good for more of a social place.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:44 PM, keyboard said:

Hook is the same place as the old Cruise Club.

Isn't 17 the old place for the current Keybox?

Never like cruise club, too many statues ...

Yup, but 17 is 2 storeys, and somehow more conducive for fun ... KB is too crowded at times, with large swirling masses that rotate round and round.

On 12/17/2021 at 1:04 PM, StockBottom said:

Never like cruise club, too many statues ...

Yup, but 17 is 2 storeys, and somehow more conducive for fun ... KB is too crowded at times, with large swirling masses that rotate round and round.

I wonder why the same crowd always go to the same locations (when the owners changed hands). Like, Cruise Club, Hook same location but the statues are always there.

Dont remind me of KB, the old location at Bugis there, they had the floor plan with two doors to the maze and people were just walking round and round and round. If you walk fast enough, you'll catch up with the slower people going around.

On 12/17/2021 at 1:25 PM, mate69 said:

Oh yes. Towel Club and Absolute

Absolute is the old of TMC right. think there was another name or something over the years. There was one that was closed down which is a walk away from Bugis MRT (think had to walk past Raffles Hospital) and was like in one of the shop houses (not keybox).

On 12/17/2021 at 2:03 PM, keyboard said:

I wonder why the same crowd always go to the same locations (when the owners changed hands). Like, Cruise Club, Hook same location but the statues are always there.

Dont remind me of KB, the old location at Bugis there, they had the floor plan with two doors to the maze and people were just walking round and round and round. If you walk fast enough, you'll catch up with the slower people going around.

Maybe it's a new generation of statues ... and it's school holidays now 😅

That's why I always go off peak, more empty rooms, less crowd, less picky and choosy patrons ...

On 12/17/2021 at 2:17 PM, StockBottom said:

Maybe it's a new generation of statues ... and it's school holidays now 😅

That's why I always go off peak, more empty rooms, less crowd, less picky and choosy patrons ...

Peak hours have it's own issues, no more toilet paper in rooms, shower have to queue when you have cum all over your body.

On 12/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, keyboard said:

Pretty much. The lean ones will have like flies to shit situation, like the muscles ones get at KB. You see a line of people following those few round and round, just that in TMC is up and down (due to the stairs).

I thot the lean ones will have to swat flies/no business instead? 😆

Absolute is the old of TMC right. think there was another name or something over the years. There was one that was closed down which is a walk away from Bugis MRT (think had to walk past Raffles Hospital) and was like in one of the shop houses (not keybox).

Blue Heaven

On 12/17/2021 at 3:45 PM, StockBottom said:

Blue Heaven is the one at Jln Pinang right?

What about the one at Jln Klapa?

Diamond HC is good too, tho it's not exactly a gay sauna. Missed the hot hot jacuzzi.

The one at Jln Klapa is Hercules.

The original Diamond HC is a str8 joint. It was renamed New Diamond later after a change of management, and since then evolved into the current TMC.

On 12/18/2021 at 11:07 AM, StockBottom said:

I wished the saunas here make it easier to differetiate between top and btm ... maybe colored towels? ☺️

The old cruise club used to have wrist bands (that glow stick thing) to differentiate the different positions for one of the event nights, think ended up all the bottom became vers or something. that stigma is strong even at places like saunas.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:46 PM, keyboard said:

The old cruise club used to have wrist bands (that glow stick thing) to differentiate the different positions for one of the event nights, think ended up all the bottom became vers or something. that stigma is strong even at places like saunas.

The strange psychology of Singapore ajs ... where chubs/chasers go after lean fit, and bottoms become flex.

Oh, and some ajs go to gay saunas and pretend they are not aj and not there for sex ...

Edited by StockBottom

On 12/18/2021 at 10:18 PM, StockBottom said:

The strange psychology of Singapore ajs ... where chubs/chasers go after lean fit, and bottoms become flex.

Oh, and some ajs go to gay saunas and pretend they are not aj and not there for sex ...

I guess it's just the demographics that frequent that location. cos Chubs can like lean/chub/muscle but the term chaser is lean like chub. muscle like chub is like moving towards bear liao which won't be a popular theme in sauna i guess.

the more turn off ones are the straight that explain to you why they go saunas or the came already guy tell you he have friends who he can hook you up with... and asks you to leave number and meet next time.

When I need to touch many nude bodies at once and voyeur orgies in the dark corner and maybe service others while tops take turn to fuck me, I go to Aniki Nite at KB.

When I needed to be exhibitionist, I go to TMC rooftop. At the same time it also helps to get myself high by fondling other mature men at the steamroom. 

When I have gone for my swim and get in the mood to touch and kiss elderly men, I go to Shogun.

Anyway,

I went to HOOK Club to look see myself.

First impression, the entrance is open like KB, nothing to block. just that it’s on the main road like TMC in fact same street. Hahaha.

Upon entrance you faced the counter and what I’m not comfortable is that I informed that I’m first time and the staff asked name me one other such club you go to?

im not sure if it’s necessary. Likewise there is a membership fee to pay, $10 for a year beside the entrance fee according to your age.

Your locker key, towel, condom and a new face mask we’re given.

immediately after you come in, the lockers are here. They have quite a lot of lockers. It was surprising quiet tho.

after undressing, I walked past the open gym. Then towards the next door where it’s outdoor already.

after the door, the steam room is on the right. There is a slight smell to it. It’s the smaller steam room ever haha.

then u head to the shower area. There are alot spin bikes outside haha…there is about 6-8 shower heads if I’m not wrong. After using the shower for 2 or 3 times, I notice it choked abit tho. Yeah.

a very big open non-air con area. And smoking area and there is 2 cubicles.

then I head back in, in total there is 3 level.

Second level are the rooms with a small maze. There is about 15-16 rooms. 

third level is a big outdoor rooftop seating area with 3 drinks for you to choose. And on the inside is a big room and movie TV room? Haha nothing was playing and air-con was not on unless u want to watch TV then they will on.

In my few hours there, there wasn’t a lot of people and what I mean is less than 10.

and it seems like a few of them are couple and they are there to use the room.

so yeah. I might go back again closer to the weekend to see if that’s the case.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:27 PM, GachiMuchi said:

My 2 cents.

My 2 cents are:

All these descriptions are wasted energy because the crowd or non crowd at the different places depends on day, time and other factors.

Take pre-covid times, you can go on a Friday and surprisingly there is a more younger crowd, but it doesn't mean it is the same for all the Fridays.

or on one day there are plenty of people of your preferred age range but next time you go on the same day some month later but there is nobody of your age range.

Same goes for roles, could be having a plenty of bottoms on one day but only a few some other night. and crowd number is different at any time. which means you can go on exactly the same time on the same day of a week and still there is a crowd or there is no crowd.

Nothing is the same, ...

What is if there are plenty of people of your preferred age rage, looks and attraction but nobody reacts to you the way you want or they are not looking for what you are looking for. You still go back empty handed or need to take compromises if you are dead horny.

A factor is also expectation. Best is to have none and just to be open.

It depends on your personal luck to be there at the right time on the right day and at the right spot inside the sauna.

But when this is, stands in the stars... ***

Edited by singalion

Absolute is the old of TMC right

TMC just took over the location of the Absolute at Pagoda Street, before TMC seem to have moved to a new location recently.

But honestly, you can't compare the "usual" crowd of Absolute with TMC.

Absolute was more or less a follow up of the Towel Club, which was meant for or marketed as Young, horny, toned and adorable... (from the marketing perspective...)

However, Absolute could not be compared with the Towel Club location and it's design. the only down point on Towel Club was the shower area and steam room, but Absolute was sort of retro and for my taste much too dark (and dangerous with the headbanger spots).

The marketing of TMC was always on the chubby side.

Edited by singalion

I remembered one of these clubs have a theme for “Executives”, which I love it. Admiring someone from his professional outlook, till unbottoning/unzipping him to uncover what’s beneath those smart clothings that packaged him well, was a great turn-on for me.

What about a theme for uniforms? Wouldn’t it be thrilling to be cruising inside with many “policemen”, “army officers”, “pilots”, “fire fighters”, etc. 

Unfortunately the mass market prefers vanilla and such unique themes were either a short-lived one or not popular. 

Disappointing. I think those with this fetish will agree with me. 

On 12/20/2021 at 10:58 PM, singalion said:

My 2 cents are:

All these descriptions are wasted energy because the crowd or non crowd at the different places depends on day, time and other factors.

Take pre-covid times, you can go on a Friday and surprisingly there is a more younger crowd, but it doesn't mean it is the same for all the Fridays.

or on one day there are plenty of people of your preferred age range but next time you go on the same day some month later but there is nobody of your age range.

Of course who is there can vary from day to day, but the crowd, in general, only vary to a degree.

You may find 1 or 2 young hunks in Shogun, for example, on any random day... maybe they wondered in due to ignorance/fetish/whatever. But you are not going to find a crowd of gym toned bods there, no matter how days you go.

I think the mod's descriptions are fairly reasonable, and potentially helpful to someone who is brand new to these venues.

• 3 months later...
Guest 10hang
On 12/20/2021 at 6:16 PM, Loverofmassage said:

Anyway,

I went to HOOK Club to look see myself.

First impression, the entrance is open like KB, nothing to block. just that it’s on the main road like TMC in fact same street. Hahaha.

Upon entrance you faced the counter and what I’m not comfortable is that I informed that I’m first time and the staff asked name me one other such club you go to?

im not sure if it’s necessary. Likewise there is a membership fee to pay, $10 for a year beside the entrance fee according to your age.

Your locker key, towel, condom and a new face mask we’re given.

immediately after you come in, the lockers are here. They have quite a lot of lockers. It was surprising quiet tho.

after undressing, I walked past the open gym. Then towards the next door where it’s outdoor already.

after the door, the steam room is on the right. There is a slight smell to it. It’s the smaller steam room ever haha.

then u head to the shower area. There are alot spin bikes outside haha…there is about 6-8 shower heads if I’m not wrong. After using the shower for 2 or 3 times, I notice it choked abit tho. Yeah.

a very big open non-air con area. And smoking area and there is 2 cubicles.

then I head back in, in total there is 3 level.

Second level are the rooms with a small maze. There is about 15-16 rooms. 

third level is a big outdoor rooftop seating area with 3 drinks for you to choose. And on the inside is a big room and movie TV room? Haha nothing was playing and air-con was not on unless u want to watch TV then they will on.

In my few hours there, there wasn’t a lot of people and what I mean is less than 10.

and it seems like a few of them are couple and they are there to use the room.

so yeah. I might go back again closer to the weekend to see if that’s the case.

tenmen is even worse what, right next to busy bus stop. I was waiting bus when this group of aunties kapo and point say that place got 人妖 go sex with men be careful your husbands don't go. Then when got this girly going inside, one of them quickly take pics to share with her church to tell them got this type of sinful place they don't know.

• 5 months later...

Been to KB for a long time. But the mgmt is getting worst, giving bad vibes and experience. Place run down and dirty, room small and mattresses all cracked and rough and smelly. 

Tried TM for the first time. Super friendly staff, spacious modern and clean, big rooms with thick clean mattresses. Pple shd ready start going TM for a change. 

Just saying. 

Never been to a gay sauna. 

Is it legit a place to have legal gay sex under the name of sauna? 

If I'm tourist and I went there for sauna services, will I be surprised that its actually a place where I pay money to have sex with other man? 

Wondering cause my straight friend thought gay sex is illegal so how does business applied for license to allow illegal gay sex to happen in commercial settings. 

Then the gay sauna is basically accepting money to allow gay man to have sex? Gay sauna don't even provide the man to have sex with! 

So paying gay sauna for what ah? 

Guest Gay sauna is what
On 9/29/2022 at 9:28 AM, Guest Gay sex said:

Who says it is legit to have gay sex in sauna ? Note that 377A have not yet been repealed.

The sauna provides a place for men to meet and have interaction not sex.

But if you Google gay sauna, it's literally a commercial space for man to have sex. Otherwise it will be called sauna and not a gay sauna. 

Never been to a gay sauna. 

Is it like a lot of cubicle for guys to have sex inside? 

Very interesting. 

Does it smells like poppers cause all the users? 

Does it smells like sex? Fart. Shit? Etc? 

Does it smells like sweat like gym? 

Do you need to have sex if you go gay sauna? Can you just observe other people have sex? Is it open for view? 

Lots of question 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.