Male HQ

Smart Home Gadget/Ideas

mantin30

you should go view one of those smart home videos on youtube.

i wouldn't call just the appliance a smart gadget until you build some programming into it.

e.g i also own a robot vacuum but activate it manually via manual or app. that's not very smart. a smart home would say,

level 1. activate at certain hours

level 2. activate when owner leaves the house (e.g. detects smart key is away from home wifi signal)

level 3. home camera detects if house is dirty enough to warrant a house vacuum cleaning job when owner is out < this doesnt exist yet btw

some simple ones which i think would be beneficial is magnetic tags at the doors to activate/deactivate things, like lights, aircon, fan, cctv etc

or a button in the room when you press before you sleep, it will auto lock the smart door, on cctv, off all the lights, electricity in the house

The applications are quite limitless but does require quite a bit of time to think/test and setup. one fun application would be when you switch on netflix on your TV, the lights switch off, backlight turns on, curtains auto drawn, popcorn machine starts making and a robot brings you a blanket.

nowadays at the shops they sell these LED bulbs that can switch between white light and warm light - so it's good for mornings and evenings and saves a bit of electricity.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:28 PM, keyboard said:

you should go view one of those smart home videos on youtube.

i wouldn't call just the appliance a smart gadget until you build some programming into it.

e.g i also own a robot vacuum but activate it manually via manual or app. that's not very smart. a smart home would say,

level 1. activate at certain hours

level 2. activate when owner leaves the house (e.g. detects smart key is away from home wifi signal)

level 3. home camera detects if house is dirty enough to warrant a house vacuum cleaning job when owner is out < this doesnt exist yet btw

some simple ones which i think would be beneficial is magnetic tags at the doors to activate/deactivate things, like lights, aircon, fan, cctv etc

or a button in the room when you press before you sleep, it will auto lock the smart door, on cctv, off all the lights, electricity in the house

The applications are quite limitless but does require quite a bit of time to think/test and setup. one fun application would be when you switch on netflix on your TV, the lights switch off, backlight turns on, curtains auto drawn, popcorn machine starts making and a robot brings you a blanket.

nowadays at the shops they sell these LED bulbs that can switch between white light and warm light - so it's good for mornings and evenings and saves a bit of electricity.

I watched this before because of the guy :)

and some from Aiken and Ryan home tour. 

I saw from lazada or shoppe they have this roller things that you can attach to the curtain track to open and close the curtain.

Edited by mantin30

On 12/19/2021 at 2:55 PM, keyboard said:

This got recommended to me on youtube. The video for that guy you posted, it looks more like a home demo rather than a home. So many... many... many... different smart things. Totally love the curtain thing, but will very likely be problematic for HDB and cleaning.

The remote control finder is a great similar to the keyfinder. 

The robot picker also awesome. Can act as good companion too. Dog is good companion but too much trouble. 

On 12/19/2021 at 3:33 PM, mantin30 said:

The remote control finder is a great similar to the keyfinder. 

The robot picker also awesome. Can act as good companion too. Dog is good companion but too much trouble. 

I was like what robot picker... then watched the video and realised that's the wrong one i posted.

Here was the original recommended video from youtube. Super like the window blinds auto roll up to let in natural light so it prepares the body to wake up naturally.

On 12/19/2021 at 7:36 PM, keyboard said:

I was like what robot picker... then watched the video and realised that's the wrong one i posted.

Here was the original recommended video from youtube. Super like the window blinds auto roll up to let in natural light so it prepares the body to wake up naturally.

I still find robot vaccum is so far the best. Can help to clean the house. Can set what time to start vaccum. 

Another one is the clothes hanger/dryer/ rack. 

Hot / cold water dispenser. No need to boil water. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 10:02 PM, mantin30 said:

I still find robot vaccum is so far the best. Can help to clean the house. Can set what time to start vaccum. 

Another one is the clothes hanger/dryer/ rack. 

Hot / cold water dispenser. No need to boil water. 

He dropped a new vid on comparison, didn't find it that good compared to other youtubers.

Actually don't like hot water dispensers, it doesnt keep the temperature hot enough for long. I guess it's because the water just passes through a really hot metal and dispenses out rather than a water tank that boils the water.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.