Male HQ

Merry Christmas 2021

IkuTube

Xmas 03.jpg

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

To all my fellow BWs,  my best wishes for a merry Christmas today ( for you ) and tomorrow ( for me ).

This day is just a holiday, but a day that should be one hundred per cent positive. 

For you the Christian believers, a day to commemorate the arrival on this earth of the Divine Savior.   For us the agnostics, a celebration of the introduction of this persona Jesus in the Scriptures, who even maybe just an abstraction, has changed the world for the better.

And my best thoughts go out for the gays like me, who pass this day of celebration at home and alone.  This is no infamy, no reason for thoughts like "why me?" or any bad feelings for not being among the multitudes who have a blast going to parties socializing their hearts out and their stomachs in with abundant food, amidst the good feelings of getting drunk.  We are no different than those who celebrate at home in company with their beloved person.  Since we have no access to alternate worlds where beloved ones who passed away from this one may roam,  we cannot negate their existence simply because we cannot see or otherwise detect them.   This "agnosticism" can work in our favor. We can trust that the beloved ones who passed away can see us, can join us from the inside of our hearts and minds to be our Guardian Angels,  not only to jointly celebrate Christmas, but to help and guide us throughout or lives. :thumb:

Guest Helicopter Seeds
On 12/25/2021 at 3:34 AM, Steve5380 said:

And my best thoughts go out for the gays like me, who pass this day of celebration at home and alone.  This is no infamy, no reason for thoughts like "why me?" or any bad feelings for not being among the multitudes who have a blast going to parties socializing their hearts out and their stomachs in with abundant food, amidst the good feelings of getting drunk.  We are no different than those who celebrate at home in company with their beloved person.  Since we have no access to alternate worlds where beloved ones who passed away from this one may roam,  we cannot negate their existence simply because we cannot see or otherwise detect them.   This "agnosticism" can work in our favor. We can trust that the beloved ones who passed away can see us, can join us from the inside of our hearts and minds to be our Guardian Angels,  not only to jointly celebrate Christmas, but to help and guide us throughout or lives. :thumb:

So sweet of you.  Don't have your address, otherwise can send you Christmas Card, the traditional way.  For Asian, we can get over Christmas, within a day pretty quickly.  As for American, their Christmaxy mood will last 7 days, me think. 

On 12/25/2021 at 7:49 AM, Guest Snowman said:

Because of climate change, no snow this year.

Climate really change. This year the Dec have more days hot and sunny than rain and cold weather.

On 12/24/2021 at 11:03 PM, Guest Helicopter Seeds said:

So sweet of you.  Don't have your address, otherwise can send you Christmas Card, the traditional way.  For Asian, we can get over Christmas, within a day pretty quickly.  As for American, their Christmaxy mood will last 7 days, me think. 

Thank you Helicopter Seeds.  Indeed for Americans it is different because our Christmaxy mood starts weeks earlier with the frenzy of shopping, and then it extends a week after with the frenzy of returning the received presents that are not of our liking,  while starting the celebration frenzy for New Year.  :lol:

On 12/25/2021 at 9:37 PM, Steve5380 said:

Indeed for Americans it is different because our Christmaxy mood starts weeks earlier 

You clearly haven't been in Singapore or Bangkok in the weeks before Christmas. The Christmas decorations and the playing of endless repetitions of schmalzy Christmas tunes in stores usually begin a good four or more weeks prior to Christmas. In pre-covid times the weeks leading up to Christmas were as boring as anywhere. I have photographs of Orchard Road bedecked with Christmas decorations in early November!

On 12/25/2021 at 9:02 PM, InBangkok said:

You clearly haven't been in Singapore or Bangkok in the weeks before Christmas. The Christmas decorations and the playing of endless repetitions of schmalzy Christmas tunes in stores usually begin a good four or more weeks prior to Christmas. In pre-covid times the weeks leading up to Christmas were as boring as anywhere. I have photographs of Orchard Road bedecked with Christmas decorations in early November!

Maybe it is the same all over the world.  Like there are McDonalds all over the world.  And we cannot do anything about it.

I have managed to accept the schmaltzy tunes and the gaudy decorations long before Christmas as something natural.  They don't bother me.   The reason may be that nobody has ever come up with Christmas tunes made up with serial, atonal sounds.  :lol:

Guest How?.  To who and where?
On 12/25/2021 at 10:37 PM, Steve5380 said:

a week after with the frenzy of returning the received presents that are not of our liking,  w  :lol:

Was it just you or the American thing?   I don't undertsand about "return a received presents" in your culture.  Do you donate them to Charity, re-wrapped and give it to another person who equally don't like it,  dumped into the Garbage bag or  let it sit in your room for another year and re-presented them as gift?

On 12/25/2021 at 10:50 PM, Guest How?. To who and where? said:

Was it just you or the American thing?   I don't undertsand about "return a received presents" in your culture.  Do you donate them to Charity, re-wrapped and give it to another person who equally don't like it,  dumped into the Garbage bag or  let it sit in your room for another year and re-presented them as gift?

It is simpler than that.  Many stores accept returns with full refund within a certain time,  It is not considered offensive to return a received present and to buy something else instead.

Guest How? To who and where?
On 12/26/2021 at 12:56 PM, Steve5380 said:

It is simpler than that.  Many stores accept returns with full refund within a certain time,  It is not considered offensive to return a received present and to buy something else instead.

The present giver is wasting money then.  Besides, how I wished Singapore has such culture of being able to return a used item to seller for a refund.

On 12/25/2021 at 11:25 PM, Guest How? To who and where? said:

The present giver is wasting money then.  Besides, how I wished Singapore has such culture of being able to return a used item to seller for a refund.

The purpose of giving a present should be to make the receiver happy.  If the given object is not exactly what the receiver wants, and he can exchange it for something he likes better,  then the objective of giving the present is satisfied.

On 12/26/2021 at 8:36 PM, Steve5380 said:

The purpose of giving a present should be to make the receiver happy.  If the given object is not exactly what the receiver wants, and he can exchange it for something he likes better,  then the objective of giving the present is satisfied.

I agree with the principle, but I believe far too many people give gifts without even bothering to think if the receivers might even like them. They just want to give something because that is what people do. i believe there is an art of choosing gifts and there should be no need for the receiver to recycle or change them. I think that is such a crass thing to do. Better for the giver to give a gift token or a lucky packet, for that is basically what it amounts to. It also avoids the need for the receiver to go to the bother of returning to a store to exchange the gift.

But I know in the west it is a not uncommon practice.

On 12/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, InBangkok said:

I agree with the principle, but I believe far too many people give gifts without even bothering to think if the receivers might even like them. They just want to give something because that is what people do. i believe there is an art of choosing gifts and there should be no need for the receiver to recycle or change them. I think that is such a crass thing to do. Better for the giver to give a gift token or a lucky packet, for that is basically what it amounts to. It also avoids the need for the receiver to go to the bother of returning to a store to exchange the gift.

But I know in the west it is a not uncommon practice.

I agree too.  I wish that for today's society the ultimate gift could be to give money.  I managed to discourage my family from giving me presents, in particular my sister who used to send me "cute" presents "she wanted me to have".   Recently I sent to my 10 y.o. granddaughter a $100 bill for her birthday,  and she was so happy!!  Next month my 9 year grandson has his birthday, and I am wringing out my brain trying to find a good present for him.  It will be a book.  "But he has one already", ha ha.

The problem with my grandchildren is that they already have EVERYTHING!    A rich father, and plenty of family and friends around.   It was different when we at home were children, we had noting, so a present was always great.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.