Male HQ

For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!

Steve5380

To be older does not mean losing all interest in sex.  But having less urges and more free time can expand the scope of thoughts into more esoteric subjects.  

Here is a video that questions the existence of life after death.  An interesting subject, I think, especially for someone a little older.  As an agnostic, I have still an open mind about this subject,  and I find that the narrator here has an intelligent perspective of the subject.  OF all the interviewed,  who left me thinking is the first one, the theologian Greg Boyd.

It seems that for all the things we have longings for, we hunger for, we crave,  like sex, food, air, water, money, power, etc. etc,  these things have a reality.  And we also crave strongly for our survival after death.   Why should this craving be an exception?  If all the others have a reality,  why should this one be false?  Why would we have evolved this desire to survive death if there is no reality to this?  I think that Boyd has a good point,  and his question has cracked open a door in my mind towards afterlife.

I'm still not worried about an afterlife, maybe I will never die... but this could be a beginning.  :)   Perhaps I'm not the only gay, young or older, who finds this interesting.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:08 AM, Steve5380 said:

An interesting subject, I think, especially for someone a little older.

Yes, I guess being nearly 80 is a "little older". 🤣

On 10/6/2021 at 4:08 AM, Steve5380 said:

I'm still not worried about an afterlife, maybe I will never die

"Vanity is the quicksand of reason" - George Sand

On 10/5/2021 at 10:13 PM, InBangkok said:

Again your lack of sense of humor has taken something I wrote seriously... calling it "vanity",   when never dying is an absurdity that cannot be serious, but only a joke. :lol:

Guest hmmmm.....
On 10/6/2021 at 5:08 AM, Steve5380 said:

Here is a video that questions the existence of life after death.  An interesting subject, I think, especially for someone a little older.  As an agnostic, I have still an open mind about this subject...

And we also crave strongly for our survival after deat  If all the others have a reality,  why should this one be false?  Why would we have evolved this desire to survive death if there is no reality to this?  I think that Boyd has a good point,  and his question has cracked open a door in my mind towards afterlife.

Are you still OK?  Is something going wrong?  Why suddently so melodrama and morbid in your view.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:13 PM, InBangkok said:

You are supposed to be humorous here, but I think that you SERIOUSLY consider that nearly 80 HAS TO BE "old".   This may possibly come because you already feel old, even you might be further away from 80.

You need to have a look at the thread i recently started about  "Talk of a LONGEVITY EXPERT".  This expert, David Sinclair, may disagree with your idea that 80 must be old. He sees "oldness" as a very variable number of years.  What counts is your "biological age".   Maybe your biological age is more advanced than mine (!!).  This can be easily explained comparing my healthy lifestyle with your stressful work globe trotting, living out of your luggage, and engaging in excesses of lunches with much wine. If this is so,  I should address you with more respect as an older person than me,  since I am a respectful person.  :) 

On 10/5/2021 at 10:37 PM, Guest hmmmm..... said:

Are you still OK?  Is something going wrong?  Why suddently so melodrama and morbid in your view.

If death is final is only a melodrama, morbid subject if your gut is upset with the fear of death.   I don't have such a fear.   I have a curiosity about what comes after this life, a curiosity I have had since childhood, stimulated by my Catholic education speaking of heaven and hell.    If you have read this forum, you must have encountered many discussions about Buddhism dealing with karma and reincarnation.  The subject of this thread is no different,  just without the religious overtones. 

On 10/5/2021 at 10:41 PM, InBangkok said:

When you are a year from being an octogenarian, I suspect views dwell more on approaching death than enjoying life.

Again,  sign that you are aging rapidly, already thinking like an octogenarian with fear of what comes after.  Calm down!  You may still have some good years...:thumb:

On 10/6/2021 at 10:53 AM, Steve5380 said:

Again,  sign that you are aging rapidly, already thinking like an octogenarian with fear of what comes after.  Calm down!  You may still have some good years...:thumb:

Dementia coming, obviously. In case you did not realise this, I wrote this about YOU. I have not the faintest idea what a near octogenarian thinks because i have many years to enjoy all my various passions along with my partner prior to then. Trips to Tokyo, Taipei, Vietnam and Europe are pencilled and ready to be booked once life is back more or less to some kind of normal.

On 10/6/2021 at 10:37 AM, Guest hmmmm..... said:

Why suddently so melodrama and morbid in your view.

Perhaps it is the knowledge that the sex tourism of which he has written so lovingly and so frequently in BW over so many years - we even know his first year visiting Asian gay saunas was 2006 - has ended. After all, he wrote this on BW on August 21 last year -

"People in their 80s and beyond (and some much earlier) are not interested in sex anymore, and they don't miss it."

On 10/6/2021 at 11:13 AM, InBangkok said:

This is obvious cyber stalking and harassment.

How long so you think you can get away with it?

On 10/5/2021 at 11:05 PM, InBangkok said:

Dementia coming, obviously. In case you did not realise this, I wrote this about YOU. I have not the faintest idea what a near octogenarian thinks because i have many years to enjoy all my various passions along with my partner prior to then. Trips to Tokyo, Taipei, Vietnam and Europe are pencilled and ready to be booked once life is back more or less to some kind of normal.

Perhaps it is the knowledge that the sex tourism of which he has written so lovingly and so frequently in BW over so many years - we even know his first year visiting Asian gay saunas was 2006 - has ended. After all, he wrote this on BW on August 21 last year -

"People in their 80s and beyond (and some much earlier) are not interested in sex anymore, and they don't miss it."

You seem to be aging rapidly, but not "graciously".  I will comment more in the thread "Aging is inevitable, so why not doing joyfully?"

You may draw some joy cyber stalking and harassing me,  but this should not be the "joy" that is considered graceful.

Guest Supernatural Spotted
On 10/6/2021 at 4:36 PM, Guest eyes said:

He is sticking on Steve5380 forever, like an unquiet spirit attached to someone's body and slowly draining his soul.  I fear for the Ang Mo's safety.  Someone with power need to help exorcise that evil spirit unwilling to let go of Steve. 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:47 AM, Guest Supernatural Spotted said:

He is sticking on Steve5380 forever, like an unquiet spirit attached to someone's body and slowly draining his soul.  I fear for the Ang Mo's safety.  Someone with power need to help exorcise that evil spirit unwilling to let go of Steve. 

Don't worry.  Steve has good self-confidence and the right facts, and this makes him immune to @InBangkok

All I need to do is not respond to his posts attacking me.  But this would traumatize him more than what he is already, and I am good natured.

On 10/6/2021 at 3:36 PM, Guest eyes said:

Get away with what? Stating facts? You will surely know that @Steve5380 has frequently - in many threads - proudly stated his age is 78 and nearly 79. And for your information since it seems you did not read it, the quote I inserted was one @Steve5380 himself made in another post. I do not make these things up! So for you to call that cyber stalking and harassment is, frankly, untrue!

On 10/6/2021 at 4:36 PM, Guest eyes said:

How can anything qualify as cyber stalking when the alleged stalkee is posting out everything in his life on every part of the forum? 

On 10/7/2021 at 11:12 AM, InBangkok said:

Get away with what? Stating facts? You will surely know that @Steve5380 has frequently - in many threads - proudly stated his age is 78 and nearly 79. And for your information since it seems you did not read it, the quote I inserted was one @Steve5380 himself made in another post. I do not make these things up! So for you to call that cyber stalking and harassment is, frankly, untrue!

Your posting has nothing to do with the topic.

It's all aimed at harassing the TS. Nobody is asking you to quote what he said before.

How would you like me to harass you this way as well?

Let it go, let it go.

You're giving us gays a bad name as vindictive as scorned women.

On 10/7/2021 at 3:32 AM, Guest eye said:

Your posting has nothing to do with the topic.

It's all aimed at harassing the TS. Nobody is asking you to quote what he said before.

How would you like me to harass you this way as well?

Let it go, let it go.

Thank you.  You have good understanding of human nature.

On 10/6/2021 at 10:25 PM, Guest Guest said:

How can anything qualify as cyber stalking when the alleged stalkee is posting out everything in his life on every part of the forum? 

Everybody has everything in his life.  

Also everybody here should be free to post details of his life without it be distorted, misunderstood, demonized.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:33 PM, Steve5380 said:

Also everybody here should be free to post details of his life without it be distorted, misunderstood, demonized.

Indeed. But the fact is that few, if any other members, write so much about the minute detail of their lives. Almost everyone else, other than @Steve5380

"Distorted, misunderstood, demonized" can hardly be descriptions of words posted by the poster himself.

On 10/7/2021 at 3:32 PM, Guest eye said:

As @Steve5380has frequently pointed out, if you registered as a member rather than appearing as an anonymous guest, your comments would bear some weight. We do not know who is behind Guest eye. So your comments are not worth considering in this discussion.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:48 AM, InBangkok said:

As @Steve5380has frequently pointed out, if you registered as a member rather than appearing as an anonymous guest, your comments would bear some weight. We do not know who is behind Guest eye. So your comments are not worth considering in this discussion.

FALSE!  

I have criticized guests for hiding in the double anonymity of not having a registered alias here.  But I am one of the few members who supports the existence of guests, and I recognize that some of them are good contributors to the forum.

"Guest eye" wrote something that you must have recognized as true, since you tried to brush it away on the excuse that he is a guest.  Well... I second Guest Eye in his opinion, and I am...  a Member who has much more seniority and recognition than you have! :)

( I remember that it was ME who encouraged you to become a member.  It was ME who kept you here when you made a tragic departure because you could not stand some alleged "wrongs" against you, which were not such, and I brought you back by apologizing to you for the alleged "wrongs" against my sincere belief that I had not wronged you at all.  This was the only occasion you could have called me an hypocrite for doing something against my belief.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 7:22 AM, Steve5380 said:

'Inconsistency' is a snide way to call flexibility.

Flexibility is one of the qualities I cherish in my senior years and recognize as a positive mental state.

This flexibility is what I notice in my thoughts about religiousness.  As I wrote before, and as a motivation to start this thread, I notice my agnosticism shifting further away from an atheist position and instead becoming curious about themes of religion.  I like this series "Closer To Truth" on YouTube, hosted by Dr. Robert Lawrence Kuhn, an authentic intellectual.  This following video "Can Many Religions All Be True?" has weakened a little my thinking that the existence of many different and incompatible religions is proof that they are no more than fairy tales.  Now I think that they may be "a tiny little more" than fairy tales.  :lol:

Edited by Steve5380

Soon we will know who gained the Virginia Governor elections. It seems to be the GOP!  Soon Biden will be back from Europe and confront the destiny of his agenda in hands of the democrats. American politics can encircle one with an atmosphere of ugliness.  Cocks are interesting as always but the pandemic has somehow moved them to second place. 

So I keep interested in cocks, entertained with music, with exercising, with health, somewhat following the politics here without getting depressed by it, and my mind has still plenty of free space to be entertained with more transcendental thoughts about the universe.  I continue liking these YouTube episodes "Closer to Truth" and I find myself much in agreement with the person who narrates them,  Dr. Robert Lawrence Kuhn.

I find worth my time to reflect on an interesting subject: "Can the Divine be a Person?"  The personality of the three-headed Catholic God is so fresh in my mind!  More than 8 years in Catholic schools!!  But thanks to my agnosticism I can put these images aside and explore other options. 

These reflections of mine are not so seriously dry.  They have their humorous facet:  WHAT these important experts have allowed their heads to accept as beliefs!  I don't take their expert opinions at face value, and I don't lose my sleep over them.  (I don't lose my sleep, period!)  Maybe you also want to form an opinion, watching this video:

• 1 month later...

I have written a lot about old age recently,  to the frustration of a Moderator who finds that I am getting off topic too much.  So I hope he will let me write about old age in a thread that deals specifically with it. 

To start with, here is a video that discusses our brain.  It is nice to reach old age still good looking and physically functional.  But nothing is more important to preserve than our mental health.  A person with dementia, Alzheimer disease, is really, really sad. And this is usually associated with old age. 

"Dementia is preventable through lifestyle. Start now."  is a TED type video by an expert in the field.  Yet he gives a disclaimer that he is not giving medical advice.  But in my irrelevant opinion, he touches on many proven facts.  And he speaks of the benefits of FASTING,  one of my favorites lately, ha ha.  Bon Appetit!

Oh puliz...... Not again? 

The more you write about how you are not afraid of old age, the more your are telling us that you are indeed worried enough for it to occupy your mind day in and day out. 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:20 AM, Steve5380 said:

I have written a lot about old age recently,  to the frustration of a Moderator who finds that I am getting off topic too much.  So I hope he will let me write about old age in a thread that deals specifically with it. 

Why waste your time preaching to people who are not interested, especially in the wrong topics. 

You get your audiences when you preach the right toipic to the right group, otherwise, you only get people to dislike you like those pushy sale person or preaching religious people, etc.

Since you had created your own topic, please stop diverting topic in the future!

On 12/30/2021 at 9:24 PM, G_M said:

Why waste your time preaching to people who are not interested, especially in the wrong topics. 

You get your audiences when you preach the right toipic to the right group, otherwise, you only get people to dislike you like those pushy sale person or preaching religious people, etc.

Since you had created your own topic, please stop diverting topic in the future!

Wise Moderator,  I will follow your advice.  I will see that I keep my preaching about how to prepare for and deal with old age to this topic.

Maybe the right topic for the right group here is sex, cocks, how to bottom, how to top, cruising, saunas, and much more.  I have written about these, but there are here much better preachers of such topics, of which I am only a minor league player.   But in the topic of old age I have, naturally, some authority that comes with experience.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:05 PM, Steve5380 said:

Wise Moderator,  I will follow your advice.  I will see that I keep my preaching about how to prepare for and deal with old age to this topic.

Maybe the right topic for the right group here is sex, cocks, how to bottom, how to top, cruising, saunas, and much more.  I have written about these, but there are here much better preachers of such topics, of which I am only a minor league player.   But in the topic of old age I have, naturally, some authority that comes with experience.

There you go again. Why should you care what others think is right or wrong or what topic they want to focus on. 

Please focus on your topic and never knows, you might get an invite to Ted Talks when you becomes a professor in the topic of growing old!

On 12/30/2021 at 9:07 PM, Guest Guest said:

Oh puliz...... Not again? 

The more you write about how you are not afraid of old age, the more your are telling us that you are indeed worried enough for it to occupy your mind day in and day out. 

Yes, again, dear Guest.  And I have forewarned that the stuff here should concern you only if you plan to make it into older age.   So you can stop occupying your mind day in and day out with criticizing me on anything I post.

I am very pleased with older age, to the point that I think that it is becoming the happiest period in my life.  What I do here is trying to encourage fellow gays who are afraid of old age to look into it and realize that it is worth to lose the fear and see it as something worthwhile.  While the alternative may not be so great, unless you are impatient to reach the afterlife.

Guest Wrinkly looking

I kinda agree with Steve about his preventative measures. The only thing I don't agree with him is about doing Botox and surgery. Wrinkles can be beautiful. It painted a rich history about that person and every line tells a story. Same for a dick, it changes its tone and texture thru the years and still look gorgeous thru our naked eyes

On 12/30/2021 at 10:16 PM, Guest guest said:

Sometimes I wonder if some older AJs went off the radar due to dementia. I have never met a senior AJ who has early stage dementia.

Interesting observation!  I also have known many older AJs,  some more or less happy, but none with dementia.  All the persons with dementia I know and have known are straight.  Could we have been blessed with something else, in addition to good looks, intelligence and vocation for the arts?

Edited by Steve5380

• G_M changed the title to For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!
On 12/31/2021 at 12:05 PM, Steve5380 said:

Maybe the right topic for the right group here is sex, cocks, how to bottom, how to top, cruising, saunas, and much more.

Could be because gays get their synapses fired up with dopamine from seeking pleasures all the time that's why they don't get dementia?

Depression is linked to dementia. And depression is rampant in the lgbt communities (triggers: internalised homophobia, self doubt, guilt, etc. You name it, ‘we’ have it). Being gay is stressful enough. Cannot imagine how life will be as an elderly gay.. (key to me now is financial-health + physical-mental-health) 

Guest Steve's Advisor
On 12/31/2021 at 12:38 PM, G_M said:

Now that you get your own topic : For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic

Manage it well and stay out of other topics!

Thanks Admin!

Hi Steve, I actually blocked you to avoid reading your comments in the posts I'm following.

However, when others replied to out-of-context posts, the entire thread went out of topic and some die prematurely.

Not only that, can you imagine if one person wasted 1 min of his life reading your non-relevant comments and your royal trolls, how much lifespan of the members is wasted when you are practically in every single thread.

If you do not have a new year resolution for 2022, here's one for you. Keep your comments to this post specially set up for you. Don't make life difficult for others, it's already very hard now.

Happy New Year!

Guest Outcast

Gay with dementia won't be able to use computer to tell u about it.  Thus you won't know. But there are greater issue, they probably disappear for many reasons no one knew.  May be other priority ihas became more of their concerns than to be out and about displaying their gay presence and other possibility could also be they sought some forms of religious refuge and not to be seen publicly.  I am more worried majority have accepted rejection in old age and beacame an elusive lone wolf outside the system.  

On 12/31/2021 at 1:24 PM, Guest Steve's Advisor said:

Thanks Admin!

Hi Steve, I actually blocked you to avoid reading your comments in the posts I'm following.

However, when others replied to out-of-context posts, the entire thread went out of topic and some die prematurely.

Not only that, can you imagine if one person wasted 1 min of his life reading your non-relevant comments and your royal trolls, how much lifespan of the members is wasted when you are practically in every single thread.

If you do not have a new year resolution for 2022, here's one for you. Keep your comments to this post specially set up for you. Don't make life difficult for others, it's already very hard now.

Happy New Year!

truly agree. i alway skip any topic this steve start 1, sibeh waste time n alway go out of topic wif his nonsense.

now ah steve, u got ur own topic, can stop going other topic to tok nonsense.

u so old aldy still have no awareness, most ppl here rlly dislike u la, yet u still think u humorous, sibeh lau-kui la.

Guest ROBERT DOWNEY.
On 12/31/2021 at 10:20 AM, Steve5380 said:

To start with, here is a video that discusses our brain.  It is nice to reach old age still good looking and physically functional.  But nothing is more important to preserve than our mental health.  A person with dementia, Alzheimer disease, is really, really sad. And this is usually associated with old age. 

"Dementia is preventable through lifestyle. Start now."  is a TED type video by an expert in the field.  Yet he gives a disclaimer that he is not giving medical advice.  But in my irrelevant opinion, he touches on many proven facts.  And he speaks of the benefits of FASTING,  one of my favorites lately, ha ha.  Bon Appetit!

Focus on ailments that affect men beginning in their mid 50s. 

ED, prostate enlargement,  frequent night urination, loss of muscle mass, sarcopenia, loss of body hair as testosterone levels decline,  which doctor to see for ageing problems,  do you need to see an endocrinologist,  geriatric medicine, building and maintaining muscle in your later years. 

Love in your twilight, Autumn and Summer age difference relationships,  facing terminal illness, how to exit life. 

Many many topics to cover......

Please feel free to add on.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:38 PM, G_M said:

Now that you get your own topic : For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic

Manage it well and stay out of other topics!

Thank you Moderator.  You have already put my name to several threads.  

But I don't deserve to " be the owner " of any thread.  All I do is merely to start a conversation.   All the threads belong to you and the other Moderators, since you have absolute control over them.

And no gay person should be restricted or restrict himself to a single topic, but our interests should encompass the whole universe, and be a universalist like Leonardo da Vinci. ( by the way, wasn't he also gay? ).  Besides, I also have to take care of the child in me,  who is not interested in old age except with humor.  But I will respect your wishes and propagate and discuss the issues relevant to seniors in this thread.  Maybe you could rename it  "Geriatric Thread" ?,  although this would give it a somber connotation.

Edited by Steve5380

On 12/30/2021 at 11:24 PM, Guest Steve's Advisor said:

Thanks Admin!

Happy New Year!

How can you be a Steve's Advisor when you block all my posts?  You should read all of them and follow me so that you can advise on how to correct my serious shortcomings, my malevolence, my perversions, my abominations.  And you should post after me and return threads to their original topics if you feel that I diverge from them.  But also recognize the ASSOCIATIVE power of our brains that make strong connections between topics, keeping our minds flexible.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:36 PM, GachiMuchi said:

Could be because gays get their synapses fired up with dopamine from seeking pleasures all the time that's why they don't get dementia?

We have never heard of this prevention of dementia theory before at BW.  You should claim ownership if it.   It gives a beautiful justification of the gay lifestyle, which should be used to confront the condemnation of homosexuality by the sanctimonious.  This reinforces the belief of some of us that the attractiveness of sex exists in us not only to stimulate procreation but also to give us a free unlimited source of joy, of pleasure,  like we are given free and unlimited the air to breathe.

On the other side of the coin, it is known that dementia dooms pleasure.  This means that even if we are gay, we should take the best precautions to avoid dementia:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/04/210412101903.htm

Edited by Steve5380

On 12/30/2021 at 10:14 PM, Guest Wrinkly looking said:

I kinda agree with Steve about his preventative measures. The only thing I don't agree with him is about doing Botox and surgery. Wrinkles can be beautiful. It painted a rich history about that person and every line tells a story. Same for a dick, it changes its tone and texture thru the years and still look gorgeous thru our naked eyes

Thanks for agreeing.  And I agree with you in that I also like to see old people looking very old.  This increases my respect for them, since the wrinkles are the badges of honor of a senior that indicate wiseness and resilience to make it through the penury of being a living creature.

I wish you a long life before you start to have any issue with wrinkles.  By then, you will still find the wrinkles OF OTHERS beautiful.  But will you feel the same about your own wrinkles?   Unless you want to be wrinkled to draw the respect and consideration given to seniors, especially in Asia and not so much in the US, you may find that each time you see your reflection in the mirror, it takes away some of the youthful feeling of being still healthy and able to do whatever you want.  And it can happen that you even FEEL some deep wrinkles and tensions in your face.  Believe me,  Botox is not such a bad thing!

Steve5380 you could do a youtube series or zoom webinars on this topic!

Actually you are the first guy who is writing his memoirs openly in a forum...

Unfortunately nobody is paying you millions in advance for your memoirs like what they did for Clinton or Obama...

I wish you all the best for your future endeavours...

Health, success and happiness.. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.