Male HQ

For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!

Steve5380

On 1/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, Guest Sweat Treat Honey Bagel said:

You under-estimated the intelligence of primate.  Everyone knows what heart-attack is and what causes it.  The blame lies squarely on the irresistibility tasty unhealthy foods.  As I typed,  I smell the fragrance of Kentucky Fried Kitchen and sugary StarBuck Coffee not too far from my neighbourhood.  Oh...not to forget, the strawberry donut within arm's rich from my kitchen table and yes, I am heading out for Chinese Food later....Yummy.  

What did you just said again, Heart attack?  and we also knew the danger of sex with strangers, but I blame it on our hormones, it is not very obedient, does it?

Yes, we all have heard of hart attacks.  But what I didn't know and I learned from the video is that plaque can also form outside of the blood vessels.  How interesting! 

I know how yummy the foods are that you mentioned.  I also used to like them.  Enjoy your meals :) 

Guest I am Smart!
On 1/5/2022 at 1:38 PM, Steve5380 said:

Yes, we all have heard of hart attacks.  But what I didn't know and I learned from the video is that plaque can also form outside of the blood vessels.  How interesting! 

Wherever there are scars or inflammation, there will be plague to bind and  heal those scar tissues.  Not a rocket science, right?

On 1/5/2022 at 3:10 AM, Guest I am Smart! said:

Wherever there are scars or inflammation, there will be plague to bind and  heal those scar tissues.  Not a rocket science, right?

And even without scars or inflammation we form plaque in the body, like the dental plaque that builds up on our teeth and needs to be cleaned out periodically.

Not rocket science but biological science :) 

On 1/5/2022 at 12:09 AM, InBangkok said:

So you happily encourage BW readers to go against the advice you have been posting with your youtube quack videos. So why post them? Quackery!

I happily encourage ALL BW readers to enjoy their meals!  Joy is a good thing!  Have you forgotten Schiller's Ode To Joy?  

And this includes you too.  You are such a sour fellow, that you need more joy here.  Enjoy all your meals and your live music!  :thumb:

Guest Smell Delicious
On 1/5/2022 at 11:54 PM, Steve5380 said:

I happily encourage ALL BW readers to enjoy their meals!  Joy is a good thing! 

I also encourage you to enjoy eating delicious meal too.   Don't go overboard with bland & repetitive foods and then decided to fast a few days and repeat the cycle. 

Take a moment to ponder...

Blog-Banner-700x448.jpg

On 1/5/2022 at 10:50 PM, Guest Smell Delicious said:

I also encourage you to enjoy eating delicious meal too.   Don't go overboard with bland & repetitive foods and then decided to fast a few days and repeat the cycle. 

Take a moment to ponder...

Blog-Banner-700x448.jpg

Thank you.  All what I eat has become delicious.  I also find that the idea that it is healthy adds to the good taste of food!

The foods in your picture look very appetizing.  But my food is less sophisticated.  It is also faster and easier to prepare. 

The wild caught salmon filets I eat can be prepared in fancy ways.  But all I do with them is... to stick them in the microwave for 2 minutes and eat.

Same with meat, I buy a shoulder cut,  cut it in pieces and microwave it without anything added.  Very appetizing for me.

The only sauce I use is what I make with tomato paste with added olive oil and water, and I use it on pasta and brown rice.  But sometimes I am to lazy to make the sauce and I eat the pasta and brown rice with nothing else!

Potatoes and sweet potatoes I cook in the microwave and eat plain with the peel.   I like their taste very much.

Fruits like apples and pears I cut in quarters and remove the kern, then eat with the peel. 

I don't eat avocados with the peel,  but I cut them in half, remove the kern and eat with a spoon.  Nothing like "guacamole" or other fancy combinations.

Guest Chef food
On 1/6/2022 at 11:41 PM, Steve5380 said:

Thank you.  All what I eat has become delicious.  I also find that the idea that it is healthy adds to the good taste of food!

The foods in your picture look very appetizing.  But my food is less sophisticated.  It is also faster and easier to prepare. 

The wild caught salmon filets I eat can be prepared in fancy ways.  But all I do with them is... to stick them in the microwave for 2 minutes and eat.

Same with meat, I buy a shoulder cut,  cut it in pieces and microwave it without anything added.  

You are clearly not a person who enjoy cooking nor able to cook.

You simply do whatever that comes easy, using just microwave oven.  I call it hasty and lazy food.  I rather spend some time preparing a healthy colorful meal set and enjoy them slowly.   I suggest you take up some culinary course to help you appreciate the joy of preparing proper meal at home. 

On 1/6/2022 at 11:41 PM, Steve5380 said:

Same with meat, I buy a shoulder cut,  cut it in pieces and microwave it without anything added.  Very appetizing for me.

The only sauce I use is what I make with tomato paste with added olive oil and water, and I use it on pasta and brown rice.  But sometimes I am to lazy to make the sauce and I eat the pasta and brown rice with nothing else!

Potatoes and sweet potatoes I cook in the microwave and eat plain with the peel.   I like their taste very much.

Fruits like apples and pears I cut in quarters and remove the kern, then eat with the peel. 

I don't eat avocados with the peel,  but I cut them in half, remove the kern and eat with a spoon.  Nothing like "guacamole" or other fancy combinations.

Isn't it a contradiction if you post so much abour health and healthy lifestyle when in the end you just stuff food into the microwave...

In your age you should have sufficient time to prepare dishes...

On 1/6/2022 at 10:31 AM, Guest Chef food said:

You are clearly not a person who enjoy cooking nor able to cook.

You simply do whatever that comes easy, using just microwave oven.  I call it hasty and lazy food.  I rather spend some time preparing a healthy colorful meal set and enjoy them slowly.   I suggest you take up some culinary course to help you appreciate the joy of preparing proper meal at home. 

Your "clearly" needs to get cleaned with better interpretation of what you read.   Who has told you that a microwave oven is "just" a microwave oven?  It is a gift of technology that allows the bulk of food to be heated instantly and uniformly instead of just its surface by convection and radiation.  It heats faster and healthier.   I still cook my main dish of lentils + tomatoes + onions + beets + green vegetables on the gas stove,  all mixed together but added at different times so that all the nutrition components are preserved,  and I serve it in one bowl instead of a "colorful plate".  Yumm :) 

I enjoy my cooking and my eating of what I cook.  I am very able, and I have all the necessary tools to do so.  How you speculate that I don't eat slowly but hasty?  I have all the time in the world to eat.   Mastication is an important beginning of digestion,  and I do it slowly and fully.    Colorful meal set?  You eat with your eyes, or with your mouth? :lol:.   I suggest you take seriously some advice on nutrition, which some ignorant individuals call "quackery".

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/6/2022 at 11:35 AM, singalion said:

Isn't it a contradiction if you post so much abour health and healthy lifestyle when in the end you just stuff food into the microwave...

Maybe you stuff food into the microwave.  I don't stuff food anywhere.  All my food enters my mouth, where it is not stuffed but ingested slowly and carefully.  I have zero problems with my digestive track.  No indigestion, no acid reflux, no ulcers.  A large fraction of the population spends much money in over the counter remedies for their pain and discomfort from the food they eat.  I don't spend a cent in that.

In your age?....  In our age of today people have less time than ever to eat well.  Rushing to eat some fast food  (notice the 'fast') between work times!  I pity these people.

If what you meant is at your age,  the reality is that at any age people should devote sufficient time to the important function of nutrition.  They should especially remedy these bad habits of eating too much of the wrong foods and too often.   I am now down to two meals a day:   a late breakfast / early lunch and an early dinner.  Maybe as I improve my intermittent fasting I will start eating only once on some days.  Fasting is healthy :) 

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/7/2022 at 4:45 AM, Derren said:

Interesting article!  one in three cases of Alzheimer's preventable!   And with simple life style improvements!

I like this risk factor they identified: "Low educational attainment",  ha ha...

I hope @InBangkok is not cynical and reads this article too.  He could reduce his risks of Alzheimer's too!  :lol:

There is this neurologist doctor,  a somewhat controversial figure too, who has written so much about health that is not in line with traditional medicine.  His name is David Perlmutter, and his non-conventional ideas could qualify him as "quack" by some individual too.   In this video he also talks about Alzheimer's prevention among other topics:

Guest Fit Uncle
On 1/7/2022 at 1:35 AM, singalion said:

Microwave foods can be the most healthy meals just like a simple form of steaming.

The common misconception that it's unhealthy is because many quick, unhealthy, pre-processed meals are reheated using microwave. If you use it to cook fresh foods, it's low oil and very healthy.

I prepare most of my foods using either my non stick pan or the microwave.

For e.g.

I'll buy those small whole spring chicken of 1kg from  NTUC, clean wash and season it with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil, let it sit for 15 minutes, then place it in a covered big ceramic bowl, set 300W and 20minutes.

When cooked, I'll let it cool for 1 hour without letting the steam escape. 

It's ready for eating, delicious and very juicy and tender. But I'll go further by putting it in the fridge overnight. The juices will jelly like Hainanese chicken but the extra virgin olive oil is not as greasy, which hawkers would never use because of high costs. I would dare to say it's better than the best hainanese chicken from Maxwell market because mine is tender spring chicken, not those older big chickens.

But I'm not a health freak, so I don't scoop out the natural chicken fat. Some say it's good some say it's bad LOL.

When I feel like it, I'll deep fry chicken wings using my small non-stick pan. It's fast and easy with no preservatives, taste miles better than air fryer. I don't consider that to be junk food.

If I want a fast food, I'll set my induction cooker to 800W, 3min, just crack 2 eggs onto the pan with little oil, come back later crispy edged, sunny side up egg, I'll plate it and dribble any left over oil on top.

I'll also cook my vegetables like carrots, cabbage, sweet potatoes with added extra virgin olive oil in the microwave. I cook a big batch and keep them in the fridge. When needed, I'll simply microwave enough portion. My version of pre-processed foods without the additives.

Or I'll eat my celery or tomatoes raw.

I learned a lot of cooking from YouTube. I usually pick those quick and easy ones.

E.g. Japanese souffle pancakes, look complicated but so easy to make and so tasty. I use a mechanical hand cranked whisk from Ikea to meringue the egg white, it's as easy as those bulky electric mixer but so so much easier to wash, just rinse under the tap.

My other fast foods are steaks and deep fried big prawns, tempura style.

I'm not a health freak so I'm very flexible. Just avoid those commercial pre-processed foods or soft drinks with god knows what additives .

No preserved meats like bacon, sausages, salted fish, salted eggs etc

But then I loved the Korean Nongshim instant noodles because the soup base is so beefy good taste.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:34 AM, Steve5380 said:

Maybe you stuff food into the microwave.  I don't stuff food anywhere.  All my food enters my mouth, where it is not stuffed but ingested slowly and carefully.  I have zero problems with my digestive track.  No indigestion, no acid reflux, no ulcers.  A large fraction of the population spends much money in over the counter remedies for their pain and discomfort from the food they eat.  I don't spend a cent in that.

In your age?....  In our age of today people have less time than ever to eat well.  Rushing to eat some fast food  (notice the 'fast') between work times!  I pity these people.

If what you meant is at your age,  the reality is that at any age people should devote sufficient time to the important function of nutrition.  They should especially remedy these bad habits of eating too much of the wrong foods and too often.   I am now down to two meals a day:   a late breakfast / early lunch and an early dinner.  Maybe as I improve my intermittent fasting I will start eating only once on some days.  Fasting is healthy :) 

Thanks for correcting my English... 😂 (if this is the only thing you can focus.

I guess most guys here understood what I meant with "stuffing food into the microwave" .

Cooking own food has nothing to do with wasting time or resulting in malnutrition.

It has something also do with eating culture.

Eventually, cooking food on your own and preparing dishes is something contrary to the American way of Life.

But had you looked at your South American and German roots, you might have found some clues what I meant with my initial post.

For myself, I find preparing and cooking food relaxing and mostly sharing cooked food with a friend who passes by for dinner is something enjoyable also.

I don't see that you response adds anything spectacular to my point.

I beg to differ and still would see food prepared in the microwave as contrary to healthy food same as at your age you have sufficient time to prepare and cook nice meals.

Some Guest Guest here would even propose to spend less time at BW and cook your meals with well suited preparations...

😆

Guest Tweeter
On 1/3/2022 at 10:13 AM, Steve5380 said:

People of all ages who eat and eat, and fast and fast,  look equally cute than if they would not fast.  Fasting does not need to be done to lose weight.  You can do intermittent fasting and not lose any weight, yet get the benefits of it.   I know of youngsters who learn about how bad carbonated sugary drinks and fruit juices are,  and they don't touch them anymore,  especially if they are gay and want to stay gorgeous, or are girls and want to stay gorgeous.

I still fail to reconcile the whole things here.  I am cute and young and followed strictly on your health diet regime, fast, eat proper and exercise.  After months, I lose weight, grew thin and look aged.  People once love and thought I look cute, not anymore now.   I think I should buffed up, eat more snacks, grow back my weight, stop exercising and enjoy eating instead of eating healthy.  Gaining more meat, resuming my fair skin texture will make me look cute and adorable again, especially  in the eyes of many people.  

May be, I will only fast and eat healthy once I reached your age which do not require one to look cute and young anymore.  Now that I am young, I don't one to look old with strict diet. 

On 1/8/2022 at 2:26 AM, singalion said:

Thanks for correcting my English... 😂 (if this is the only thing you can focus.

I guess most guys here understood what I meant with "stuffing food into the microwave" .

Cooking own food has nothing to do with wasting time or resulting in malnutrition.

It has something also do with eating culture.

Eventually, cooking food on your own and preparing dishes is something contrary to the American way of Life.

But had you looked at your South American and German roots, you might have found some clues what I meant with my initial post.

For myself, I find preparing and cooking food relaxing and mostly sharing cooked food with a friend who passes by for dinner is something enjoyable also.

I don't see that you response adds anything spectacular to my point.

I beg to differ and still would see food prepared in the microwave as contrary to healthy food same as at your age you have sufficient time to prepare and cook nice meals.

Some Guest Guest here would even propose to spend less time at BW and cook your meals with well suited preparations...

😆

You're welcome!  You write a good English that does not need much correction.  But it was fun! :D

I learned some cooking as a child from my grandma,  who slowly cooked the simple foods of the German cuisine. There was no money for restaurants and little for food, so my family had to be ingenious.  One of my favorite dishes to this day is a mixture of  mashed apple and mashed potato.  It is traditionally German and called "Himmel und Erde", sky (for apple) and earth (for potato).  I cook a potato in the microwave, then place it in ice water to facilitate removal of the skin, then mash it, and mix it with unsweetened apple sauce from the store.  After reheating, I eat it in the same bowl it is prepared.  Yummmm...   So easy to make!

There is a FALSE theory that microwave ovens harm the food cooked inside.  Those who have learned physics we know that the frequency of their microwaves, just a couple of MHz, is insufficient to ionize or otherwise alter, damage any material they impinge on. Like radio waves, microwaves at most heat material by agitating the water molecules inside (or create eddy currents in conductors).  People who believe in this falsity may confuse microwaves with X-rays or gamma-rays, which have very high frequency and tiny wavelength capable of altering the solid or liquids irradiated with them.  You would be surprised how many fast-food places, good restaurants, cafeterias, hospitals use microwaves to cook and reheat some of the good foods they serve.  If there were ANY problems with microwave cooking, they would have been banned long time ago.

https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitting-products/home-business-and-entertainment-products/microwave-ovens

https://www.pjponline.com/6-reasons-to-use-a-commercial-microwave-in-your-restaurant/

I also cook on my gas stove ( gas is so superior to electric...)  Yesterday I cooked something for 12 hours! on a tiny flame:  beef bones, to make beef broth.  It is such a healthy substance!  The one you buy in the store has so much other stuff and loads of salt in it!   Best is to make your own.

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/8/2022 at 6:10 AM, Guest Tweeter said:

I still fail to reconcile the whole things here.  I am cute and young and followed strictly on your health diet regime, fast, eat proper and exercise.  After months, I lose weight, grew thin and look aged.  People once love and thought I look cute, not anymore now.   I think I should buffed up, eat more snacks, grow back my weight, stop exercising and enjoy eating instead of eating healthy.  Gaining more meat, resuming my fair skin texture will make me look cute and adorable again, especially  in the eyes of many people.  

May be, I will only fast and eat healthy once I reached your age which do not require one to look cute and young anymore.  Now that I am young, I don't one to look old with strict diet. 

You definitely should stay as cute and young as you are!  And intermittent fasting should not prevent this, even at my age.

You can do intermittent fasting without losing any weight.  The solution is to eat sufficient nutrition dense foods during the 8 hour window for eating.

Please don't miss out on a book I will be commenting on in a next post, with excellent descriptions of the fasting theory and the foods we should eat.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:10 AM, Guest Fit Uncle said:

Microwave foods can be the most healthy meals just like a simple form of steaming.

The common misconception that it's unhealthy is because many quick, unhealthy, pre-processed meals are reheated using microwave. If you use it to cook fresh foods, it's low oil and very healthy.

I prepare most of my foods using either my non stick pan or the microwave.

For e.g.

I'll buy those small whole spring chicken of 1kg from  NTUC, clean wash and season it with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil, let it sit for 15 minutes, then place it in a covered big ceramic bowl, set 300W and 20minutes.

When cooked, I'll let it cool for 1 hour without letting the steam escape. 

It's ready for eating, delicious and very juicy and tender. But I'll go further by putting it in the fridge overnight. The juices will jelly like Hainanese chicken but the extra virgin olive oil is not as greasy, which hawkers would never use because of high costs. I would dare to say it's better than the best hainanese chicken from Maxwell market because mine is tender spring chicken, not those older big chickens.

But I'm not a health freak, so I don't scoop out the natural chicken fat. Some say it's good some say it's bad LOL.

When I feel like it, I'll deep fry chicken wings using my small non-stick pan. It's fast and easy with no preservatives, taste miles better than air fryer. I don't consider that to be junk food.

If I want a fast food, I'll set my induction cooker to 800W, 3min, just crack 2 eggs onto the pan with little oil, come back later crispy edged, sunny side up egg, I'll plate it and dribble any left over oil on top.

I'll also cook my vegetables like carrots, cabbage, sweet potatoes with added extra virgin olive oil in the microwave. I cook a big batch and keep them in the fridge. When needed, I'll simply microwave enough portion. My version of pre-processed foods without the additives.

Or I'll eat my celery or tomatoes raw.

I learned a lot of cooking from YouTube. I usually pick those quick and easy ones.

E.g. Japanese souffle pancakes, look complicated but so easy to make and so tasty. I use a mechanical hand cranked whisk from Ikea to meringue the egg white, it's as easy as those bulky electric mixer but so so much easier to wash, just rinse under the tap.

My other fast foods are steaks and deep fried big prawns, tempura style.

I'm not a health freak so I'm very flexible. Just avoid those commercial pre-processed foods or soft drinks with god knows what additives .

No preserved meats like bacon, sausages, salted fish, salted eggs etc

But then I loved the Korean Nongshim instant noodles because the soup base is so beefy good taste.

One can believe that you are fit,  uncle or not,  from the smart way you prepare your food and eat.   You are definitely among the minority of people who will stay healthy because they are interested in eating healthy.  :thumb:

Edited by Steve5380

Mark Sisson is an American fitness author, food blogger, and a former distance runner, triathlete and Ironman competitor. Wikipedia. 

Also from Wikipedia:

Sisson finished 4th in the February 1982 Ironman World Championship.[8] In the 1970s, he was a record-setting runner for the Portland (Maine) Track Club.[9] He had a top-5 finish in the 1980 U.S. National Marathon Championships and earned a qualifying spot for the 1980 U.S. Olympic Trials.[2]

Sisson served for 15 years as chairman of the International Triathlon Union (ITU) Anti-Doping Commission and as the ITU's liaison to the International Olympic Committee.[8] 

Ironman World Championship!  This sounds tough,  not for malnourished people!  Maybe he knows something about nutrition?  

This book Two Meals a Day caught my attention first listening to it as an audiobook. And I liked what I was listening.  But I am more efficient gathering information by reading than listening.  So I found this book on Amazon, including its Kindle version:

https://www.amazon.com/Two-Meals-Day-Sustainable-Frustration/dp/1538736950/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1SI6F1KXSFMWY&keywords=two+meals+a+day+mark+sisson&qid=1641663268&sprefix=two+meals+a+day%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-1

This book is long and packed with information, but what I like the best is the Chapter 2 where all the foods are described with comments about them. A valuable resource!  Foods seen from the perspective of a top athlete and nutrition researcher.  From there I learned some new information, which I plan to follow.

Please don't lose the opportunity to get this informative book for a low price of US$ 2.99 (the Kindle version),  a great deal, compared to the price of a pack of cookies.  ( I am not a beneficiary of the sales of this book, ha ha )

I am sold on the "two meals a day".  I went early this morning to the gym for upper body weight training and 30 minutes of aerobics on a stationary bike.  I just now, close to noon,  have started to eat my breakfast/lunch  since my last food yesterday evening.  I am not hungry now, and I was not hungry and desperate for some food right after the exercise.  And I had good energy in the workout!  My body is getting good nutrition from its reserves of fat  ( I don't know where it finds this fat on me  :) ), and I trust that it will switch over to the food I am eating now. 

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/8/2022 at 7:10 PM, Guest Tweeter said:

I still fail to reconcile the whole things here.

As do I! This whole thread is an exercise in narcissism. It's all an "isn't it great to be old and how you can have a boring diet/life but live to be a gazillion years old as @Steve5380 plans for himself?" I wonder if any other posters have actually used their handle in a thread title? On BW is anything more narcissistic?

One reason I'm against quacks and self-help vdos and books is because what is written applies only to the writer. Follow the guidelines, the diets , the exercises and it may do little if anything for you. It could also be downright dangerous. Most readers will be too young to remember this, but please take careful note.

A lot of us jog. Before it became popular, the American Jim Fixx loved jogging. He helped aggressively promote it through magazine articles and his book "The Complete Book of Running". It topped the best-seller lists in the USA in 1977. And guess what? Jim Fixx missed out on any form of old age. He collapsed and died when jogging in 1984 aged 52. 

Guest Guessing
On 1/9/2022 at 12:44 PM, InBangkok said:

Jim Fixx loved jogging. He helped aggressively promote it through magazine articles and his book "The Complete Book of Running". It topped the best-seller lists in the USA in 1977. And guess what? Jim Fixx missed out on any form of old age. He collapsed and died when jogging in 1984 aged 52. 

He over did it on high intensity level.  My guessing.   Otherwise slow jogging is find, regardless of distance.  Even then, it is good to have a couple of days rest before resuming, to allow the body period of "normalcy".   May be, jogging is not for everyone.

On 1/9/2022 at 12:44 PM, InBangkok said:

As do I! This whole thread is an exercise in narcissism. It's all an "isn't it great to be old and how you can have a boring diet/life but live to be a gazillion years old as @Steve5380 plans for himself?" I wonder if any other posters have actually used their handle in a thread title? On BW is anything more narcissistic?

One reason I'm against quacks and self-help vdos and books is because what is written applies only to the writer. Follow the guidelines, the diets , the exercises and it may do little if anything for you. It could also be downright dangerous. Most readers will be too young to remember this, but please take careful note.

A lot of us jog. Before it became popular, the American Jim Fixx loved jogging. He helped aggressively promote it through magazine articles and his book "The Complete Book of Running". It topped the best-seller lists in the USA in 1977. And guess what? Jim Fixx missed out on any form of old age. He collapsed and died when jogging in 1984 aged 52. 

nicely said but you won't persuade a stubborn Steve5380....

He 's just living on a different planet and thinking what he does is fine. 

I just hope other BW readers take his posts with a hefty pinch of salt...

Second: Steve's isolation is surely not the recipe for healthy social interaction! 

Maintain a good n healthy bunch of gay friends and invite them over as much as possible once above 60y of age !!!

Guest Mr Hee
On 1/9/2022 at 1:30 AM, Steve5380 said:

Mark Sisson is an American fitness author, food blogger, and a former distance runner, triathlete and Ironman competitor. Wikipedia. 

Also from Wikipedia:

This book Two Meals a Day caught my attention first listening to it as an audiobook. And I liked what I was listening.  But I am more efficient gathering information by reading than listening.  So I found this book on Amazon, including its Kindle version:

This book is long and packed with information, but what I like the best is the Chapter 2 where all the foods are described with comments about them. A valuable resource!

I saw the kindle version, but I still prefer a hardcopy book (added to my bucket list).  So that I don't get the radiation while reading from the screen, and deplete my melatonin.  Can tell that you are not 100% health conscious......hehehehehe

Guest heehhaaa
On 1/9/2022 at 4:10 PM, singalion said:

Second: Steve's isolation is surely not the recipe for healthy social interaction! 

Maintain a good n healthy bunch of gay friends and invite them over as much as possible once above 60y of age !!!

Most long life people live simple lives in the mountains, villages by the seas for the calmness.

But they keep busy and healthy or practice meditation.

Though having friends is good but having kindled quality friends is more important.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:40 PM, Guest heehhaaa said:

Most long life people live simple lives in the mountains, villages by the seas for the calmness.

But they keep busy and healthy or practice meditation.

Though having friends is good but having kindled quality friends is more important.

Nature is our BEST FRIEND.  What more you want from this very priviledged and unique land we called EARTH, with so much natural provision free for take. 

Guest enviromenti
On 1/9/2022 at 5:03 PM, Guest Mr Hee said:

I saw the kindle version, but I still prefer a hardcopy book (added to my bucket list).  So that I don't get the radiation while reading from the screen, and deplete my melatonin.  Can tell that you are not 100% health conscious......hehehehehe

And the trees they cut down???

Guest enviromenti
On 1/9/2022 at 5:03 PM, Guest Mr Hee said:

and all the trees they cut down???

On 1/8/2022 at 10:44 PM, InBangkok said:

LOL!  Another bashing that missed its target!  :lol:

I have never put my name in the title of a thread.  It has always been the Moderator.   Are you going to tell the Moderator that he is a narcissist?  :o   And... by the way...  your name also appears in the title of some threads.

My life and food has nothing boring in it.  Yesterday, full of enthusiasm about my two-meals-a-diet, talking to my son I advised him to do the same, to try out intermittent fasting.  I got the surprise of my life when he replied:  "Dad, I have been doing this for years!  I don't eat breakfast, only lunch and dinner, and I fast the rest of the day".  And he is a doctor!  He knew everything about metabolic flexibility and the function of insulin.

And he continued:  "I have been recommended my patients to fast too, there are so many obese ones!,  but I have given up. They don't follow the advice, they think it's weird or harmful.  Now I only advice them to avoid sugars as much as possible".  So he is also a GOOD doctor.  :thumb:

On 1/8/2022 at 10:44 PM, InBangkok said:

Quack quack quack...  you think like a duck.

"What is written applies only to the writer"?  What a nonsense.   The American CDC and FDA have been given plenty of advice to the population to getting vaccinated, wear masks, keep safe distance.  All this is all SELF-HELP.  Help for us the public to protect ourselves from covid infections.   You think that their recommendations, written or oral or video,  applies only to THEM,  the members of the CDC and FDA?  

Plenty of self-help is written and video recorded by individuals expert in the field of the subject,  doctors who have experience with hundreds of patients, who read data of published trials made with thousands of individuals.  So their advice comes from the experience of many people,  not just "themselves".

It seems that your malevolent bashing is full of quack, quack, quack quackery.  Please take careful note.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:03 AM, Guest Mr Hee said:

Mr Hee,  you are a wise person, trying to protect your melatonin from harmful ultraviolet radiation.

Fortunately, the hazards of radiation from the old cathode-ray tubes in TVs and monitors is gone for good! Today with flat panels, this is much reduced in the majority of panels that have a fluorescent backlight (gas discharges produce ultraviolet) and is eliminated in many today that have LEDs for backlight. The OLED panels radiate only clean light. 

I might not be 100% health conscious.....hehehehehe,  but a hardcopy book may fall on your toes and do some damage.

Now seriously,  I also like to read on paper rather than from a screen. But I see several advantages in the Kindle version:  1- The ability to do text searches.  2- On a tablet, the text can scroll vertically without having to turn the pages.  3- Can be more lightweight than a hardcopy book.

On 3- Lying comfortably in bed I read the book on my old Nexus-7 tablet, lightweight and with a radiation free screen of high resolution, reading at night without the need of any light in the room. 

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/9/2022 at 2:10 AM, singalion said:

Oh... you agree with @InBangkok?  You also quack quack quack like a duck?  :lol:

I am not stubborn at all.  I am only agnostic.  And I would not be posting what I do if I don't think it is fine.

Dear fellow gays interested in health,  you @singalion included,  please use healthy skepticism and don't take anything at face value, including whatever I post.  This world is full of misinformation by all kinds of media and individuals.  @InBangkok has some point in thinking that much advice in YouTube is quackery.  And here is where our power of reasoning, analyzing, and a bit of experience can do us much good:  look with critical eye, "if it is too good to be true, it isn't", see if it applies to you (we are all different).  

But there is also much good information that is not traditional, that is not commonly found in the media,  so don't let cynicism and excessive distrust let pass that good information.  Gain confidence when the information coincides with your own experience, and that of persons you have a reason to trust.

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/10/2022 at 12:13 AM, Steve5380 said:

I might not be 100% health conscious.....hehehehehe,  but a hardcopy book may fall on your toes and do some damage.

So much talk about someone regular akido, aerobic and weight lifting and still can't hold a book properly?  You call yourself a fine specimen.

On 1/9/2022 at 10:25 AM, Guest Huh? said:

So much talk about someone regular akido, aerobic and weight lifting and still can't hold a book properly?  You call yourself a fine specimen.

I wrote about a hardcopy book falling on HIS toes, not mine.  :) 

My Kindle edition cannot fall on my toes.  It is nothing material, but simply digital information,  ones and zeroes.  And digital information, especially the zeroes, have zero weight!  :lol:

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/9/2022 at 10:58 PM, Steve5380 said:

It seems that your malevolent bashing is full of quack, quack, quack quackery.  Please take careful note.

You are soooo predictable. "Malevolent bashing??" Dear! Dear! And we remember how you frequently say one thing in your multifarious posts about how "reasonable" you are and what an example of "moderation" you are (YOUR words in the quotes). Yet you then spend much of your posting trashing other posters. When your own words are thrown back at you, you immediately go on the attack trying to imply that you either did not say them or there were good reasons for your  abandoning your "reasonable" attitude.

For example, you wrote in October 2020 about what you do when you are aware of some "red flags that alert you that some bad trait is ready to pop out." So you do some "predefined action that will keep it from happening. For example, Count to ten is a good advice."

You then added, "Besides, we can adopt some positive philosophy of life that calms us down and makes us realise that he who is angry ... loses."

Well, you seem to get pretty angry a lot of the time. You have even been warned about your attitude as a result of which you agreed in a post to Blink Once Moderator "I apologise for my bad choice of venting my anger." And how angry you can get as is obvious when we look through your posts - and these are all YOUR words and unaltered phrases -

"You are a good for nothing"

"You are such a miserable troll"

"You are a poor and failed old man who has become carer, haranguer, caviler [sic], niggler. You are so ridiculous."

"YOU are trash"

"This is one more time when you show what a trashbag you are."

"I don't need to be reading insults from you"

"When you qualify as nonsense something I have written, what follows is an imbecility that reflects a lack of knowledge"

All as written exactly by YOU. And all illustrating a propensity to anger without your having taken any note of your "red flags" or the "positive philosophy of life" that claim calms YOU down. 

I hope readers take note that this litany of anger is one of the results when you get old and live on your own, eat mostly the same diet (yes, you gave us all those minute details) and spend most of your days on your own watching TV monitors rather than meeting up with a group of good friends on a regular basis and having meaningful conversations. You get into a rut and it becomes increasingly difficult to escape from it. Oh, what a trap anger can be!

On 1/9/2022 at 10:39 AM, InBangkok said:

You are soooo predictable. "Malevolent bashing??" Dear! Dear! And we remember how you frequently say one thing in your multifarious posts about how "reasonable" you are and what an example of "moderation" you are (YOUR words in the quotes). Yet you then spend much of your posting trashing other posters. When your own words are thrown back at you, you immediately go on the attack trying to imply that you either did not say them or there were good reasons for your  abandoning your "reasonable" attitude.

For example, you wrote in October 2020 about what you do when you are aware of some "red flags that alert you that some bad trait is ready to pop out." So you do some "predefined action that will keep it from happening. For example, Count to ten is a good advice."

You then added, "Besides, we can adopt some positive philosophy of life that calms us down and makes us realise that he who is angry ... loses."

Well, you seem to get pretty angry a lot of the time. You have even been warned about your attitude as a result of which you agreed in a post to Blink Once Moderator "I apologise for my bad choice of venting my anger." And how angry you can get as is obvious when we look through your posts - and these are all YOUR words and unaltered phrases -

"You are a poor and failed old man who has become carer, haranguer, caviler [sic], niggler. You are so ridiculous."

"YOU are trash"

"When you qualify as nonsense something I have written, what follows is an imbecility that reflects a lack of knowledge"

All as written exactly by YOU. And all illustrating a propensity to anger without your having taken any note of your "red flags" or the "positive philosophy of life" that claim calms YOU down. 

I hope readers take note that this litany of anger is one of the results when you get old and live on your own, eat mostly the same diet (yes, you gave us all those minute details) and spend most of your days on your own watching TV monitors rather than meeting up with a group of good friends on a regular basis and having meaningful conversations. You get into a rut and it becomes increasingly difficult to escape from it. Oh, what a trap anger can be!

Quack, quack, quack, quack....  you keep quacking ad infinitum. :lol:

You have gifted me with many false criticisms in this thread,  and I think that I have contradicted, corrected them all.   And you didn't reply, so I am glad that you have accepted the corrections.

But being unsuccessful at proving me wrong, you cannot resist but challenging my character, with a new falsity that I am ANGRY.   How can you know that I was/am angry?   Truthful words don't need to be written in anger.  I write so much critical of Donald Trump, but never in anger!

You wrote a list of alleged phrases I wrote.  I don't remember most of them, and I don't see why one has to be angry to write them.  But there is something extraordinary here:

I have not seen in all of BW such an effort by a member to smear the character of another member.  Phrases you attribute to me are made of words that are not uncommon.  How would you find them unless you are digging in all my 13,172 posts I have made at this site?  You cannot find them in a global search, there are too many cases.   And all this tremendous effort by you... for what?

Let readers judge me by themselves, like we all judge other readers.  No need for you to vilify me.  After all, what you write is just...   ...   YOUR opinion.  Created in YOUR brain, which has created here many other falsities too.

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/2/2022 at 6:49 AM, Guest Just Saying said:

However, being alone physically should never be encouraged.  While being alone, you can stilll make your presence felt publicly.  Do a youtube video vlog of yourself,  visit your favorite places regularly and get people to notice your presence.  join a nature club, toast master club, marathon club, music club, book club or recycling food club....etc, so that you can streamlined to only few people who shared similar passion. 

The greatest satisfaction, above all, is to maintain a healthy body by eating healthy and eat only when you are hungry.  Your body, your heart and your brain will reward you tremendously, by lifting your mood, eradicate any existing pain and makes you feel clean and strong mentally.  As such, there is no reason you shouldn't envy yourself when you saw a twink falling sick all the time. 

Bottom line of my natters is this - Self-love is unchanging and pretty secured.  Other people love, fluctuates easily and have no guarantee. 

You are very wise.  

While being alone, you can still make your presence felt publicly in a forum, like BW for example,  where you can have valuable conversations and exchange interesting information, while some antagonistic readers attack you making charges that make you laugh because you know that they are not true.   At the same time, we can leave the home to go wherever we please to go, for whatever purpose we like, and do things that in our judgment we should do.

I think that in the end it boils down to this:  In these extraordinary times where we can have near endless information come to us through the Internet and interact with others from the four corners of the world, where we can have even material things shipped to us,  necessary formalities resolved at our leisure by just by typing on a keyboard,  the most valuable gift after good health is to have complete freedom and ownership of our time.  This includes being with other selected people if we want, and also being alone if we want.

This may not be possible during much of our life before we reach retirement,  but this fact is another reason we should plan to live a long life to fully enjoy the benefits of seniority.

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/10/2022 at 12:13 AM, Steve5380 said:

Now seriously,  I also like to read on paper rather than from a screen. But I see several advantages in the Kindle version:  1- The ability to do text searches.  2- On a tablet, the text can scroll vertically without having to turn the pages.  3- Can be more lightweight than a hardcopy book.

On 3- Lying comfortably in bed I read the book on my old Nexus-7 tablet, lightweight and with a radiation free screen of high resolution, reading at night without the need of any light in the room. 

I love the feel of hardcopy.  I can highlight important words on different colors highlighters.  I can write notes on it,  I love the sound of crispy paper as I flipped through the pages,  I can finally make good use of my novelty bookmarks,  I wanted to be seen like I am truly reading a real book.  I look studious carrying the book around the house, and most importantly, it serves as a good coffee table book, with nice artificial plants sitting next to it, complemented by a bowl of raw mix nuts for visual interest and for my morning read over a cup of power coffee.  No electricity needed to power up any screen in order to access the informations.  Don't worry, the book still lighter than your bible and I have never dropped a book before because I am a very traditional book person. 

On 1/9/2022 at 11:58 PM, Steve5380 said:

Quack quack quack...  you think like a duck.

"What is written applies only to the writer"?  What a nonsense.   The American CDC and FDA have been given plenty of advice to the population to getting vaccinated, wear masks, keep safe distance.  All this is all SELF-HELP.  Help for us the public to protect ourselves from covid infections.   You think that their recommendations, written or oral or video,  applies only to THEM,  the members of the CDC and FDA?  

Plenty of self-help is written and video recorded by individuals expert in the field of the subject,  doctors who have experience with hundreds of patients, who read data of published trials made with thousands of individuals.  So their advice comes from the experience of many people,  not just "themselves".

On 1/10/2022 at 12:39 AM, InBangkok said:

"YOU are trash"

Maybe counting to 1000 before posting a reply would help!

🤣

For what I surely agree with InBangkok and what I have been consistently propagating at BW is:

First find a good and healthy bunch of gay friends, maintain friendships until old age. Meet regular, talk, laugh and do activities. 

Don't end up on your own and alone watching the fading colour of your wall paint!

Gerontological science is supporting my view. 

On 1/9/2022 at 6:33 PM, Guest Mr Hee said:

I love the feel of hardcopy.  I can highlight important words on different colors highlighters.  I can write notes on it,  I love the sound of crispy paper as I flipped through the pages,  I can finally make good use of my novelty bookmarks,  I wanted to be seen like I am truly reading a real book.  I look studious carrying the book around the house, and most importantly, it serves as a good coffee table book, with nice artificial plants sitting next to it, complemented by a bowl of raw mix nuts for visual interest and for my morning read over a cup of power coffee.  No electricity needed to power up any screen in order to access the informations.  Don't worry, the book still lighter than your bible and I have never dropped a book before because I am a very traditional book person. 

I also love the feel of hardcopy, and the smell of a new book.  I like the hardcopies when they are correctly bounded and not have their pages just glued together.  But I don't have the heart to write or use markers in a good hardcopy book. I have reserved this for cheap textbooks throughout my career.   I have to renounce of looking studious carrying books around the house, since I now live alone.  And when I had a partner and family, they all knew that I am studious.   You must have cat eyes to read your books without electricity after dark or early in the morning, unless you also like the romanticism of reading to the light of a candle.  I have two bibles and they are heavy, but they rarely come down from the bookshelf they rest on.    Ah... one more thing.  I live in a large house.  But I also have tons of books,  and I would not like to have to move to an even larger house to have room for more books.  This is what the books in electronic form are convenient in:  they don't occupy any space.  Mass storage is so cheap these days,  and many electronic books, digital data can fit in the space of a porn movie.   

There is just a recent new research saying due to lack of fibre intake , we are developing old age diseases much earlier and in the worst immunisation issues. 

Someone spreading health advice on BW should promote eating more content of fibre and vegetable...

and surely prepare such dishes nicely by cooking and avoid reheating in microwaves...

PS.: Most checks on plastic containers from China found that they were above the acceptable levels of toxins. While the appropriate heating in a microwave may retain vitamins, the issue of cancer producing toxins in plastic containers creates more risks with microwave heating. 

Edited by singalion

On 1/9/2022 at 7:23 PM, singalion said:

For what I surely agree with InBangkok and what I have been consistently propagating at BW is:

First find a good and healthy bunch of gay friends, maintain friendships until old age. Meet regular, talk, laugh and do activities. 

Don't end up on your own and alone watching the fading colour of your wall paint!

Gerontological science is supporting my view. 

Good.  We agree on all counts, except for one.

Good wallpaper or wall paint does not need to fade with time.  It was 40 years ago when I redid my kitchen, with new wallpaper and paint.  and they are still fine.

One reads much preaching about having bunch of gay friends, meet regularly, talk, laugh, etc.  But this is very relative to the person's character.  It is not the quantity but the quality of friendships. A few good friends is sufficient.  

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/9/2022 at 7:27 PM, singalion said:

Someone spreading health advice on BW should promote eating more content of fibre and vegetable...

and surely prepare such dishes nicely by cooking and avoid reheating in microwaves...

I will not bad mouth microwave ovens. I have explained why. 

Some hours ago I ate my dinner of  asparagus I steamed yesterday and reheated in the microwave today,  still good but not as tasty as yesterday.  And I accompanied them with a filet of "wild caught" salmon which, after defrosted, was cooked for two minutes in the microwave with only some sea salt added.  Delicious, as usual. 

And yes, we should eat sufficient fiber and vegetables, especially the cruciferous greens.  But in moderation.

On 1/9/2022 at 11:44 PM, Steve5380 said:

But being unsuccessful at proving me wrong, you cannot resist but challenging my character, with a new falsity that I am ANGRY.   How can you know that I was/am angry?   Truthful words don't need to be written in anger.

So yet again you deny what you have already written. Anger is part of your strategy when writing many posts for the very simple reason that you forget your own stated rules as re-posted in my last post - you ignore "red flags" despite stating you do, and you ignore the "positive philosophy that calms you down" despite stating that this is what you practice!

Chatting on BW is certainly a good way to interact with others, especially gay guys and the young Asian gay guys that you like so much that you spent a lot of money visiting Singapore many times to spend virtually all your time in the gay saunas. But social interaction requires meeting with others where you live - and not just at a gymnasium and not just with a neighbour who brings you gingerbread once in a blue moon. Your life to readers of BW is like an open book. By far more than any other poster, you have revealed almost your entire existence. Fine, if that is what you wish to do. But one thing we have never heard from you is if you have any friends. Since you claim to be happy living alone and spending your non-gym time alone, readers may well wonder if you have a circle of close friends. Chatting by typing daily on a keyboard to guys you have never met and are never likely to meet is not social interaction. No doubt it gives you a sense of self-importance, the more so when you hand down YOUR experiences or what YOU write have been YOUR experiences. That is one of the problems of being old and confining oneself to being alone.

Granted, a very few may be of interest. But I frequently wonder what value are the opinions of a man who spends virtually his entire time alone in his house * in Houston in the United States, when you are not SIngaporean (oh, I know, nor am I but I have lived in Asia for 4 decades and have spent vastly more time in Singapore than you), you are not Asian, you have never lived in Asia, you have no interest in travelling within the region to learn about Asian cultures and values because your only interests have been the gay saunas the region offers. And you believe this gives you the right to dictate how young Singaporeans and other Asians should live their lives. Sorry @Steve5380. All you do is illustrate how you live your closeted life. I'm glad you enjoy it. And I look forward to the next time your narcissism asserts itself with another "A Steve5380 Topic". I will be sure not to read any of it.

* Funny, you just wrote this -

On 1/10/2022 at 8:25 AM, Steve5380 said:

I live in a large house.

Really? That is not what you wrote previously when you informed readers you live in a small house and you spend most of your time in just one room.

On 1/9/2022 at 9:52 PM, InBangkok said:

So yet again you deny what you have already written. Anger is part of your strategy when writing many posts for the very simple reason that you forget your own stated rules as re-posted in my last post - you ignore "red flags" despite stating you do, and you ignore the "positive philosophy that calms you down" despite stating that this is what you practice!

You could be so comical!  But I should not see it this way since you have a real mental problem.  You are delusional, expressing your hate for me with fantasies about my life.  You need to be ASAP under observation in a sanatorium, to prevent you from hurting yourself. 

I forget my stated rules, I ignore "red flags", I ignore "positive philosophy that calms me down",  etc?  How you come up with such a nonsense?   Are you going to write a novel of fiction about my life?   Why you care so much about MY life?

Chatting on BW is certainly a good way to interact with others, especially gay guys and the young Asian gay guys that you like so much that you spent a lot of money visiting Singapore many times to spend virtually all your time in the gay saunas. But social interaction requires meeting with others where you live - and not just at a gymnasium and not just with a neighbour who brings you gingerbread once in a blue moon. Your life to readers of BW is like an open book. By far more than any other poster, you have revealed almost your entire existence. Fine, if that is what you wish to do. But one thing we have never heard from you is if you have any friends.

I haven't spent much money visiting Singapore.  Even Singapore being an expensive city.  I didn't spend "virtually" all my time in saunas.  I spent some REAL time in saunas, not much but quality time  You really have a wild imagination CREATING a story of my life.  And now you are expert in what social interaction requires?  You are a quack of fabrications indeed!   My life is an open book?  And you know about my ENTIRE existence?   I wrote that I have friends.  But we never heard about YOUR friends. If you treat others like you treat me,  no person, friend or not, will come closer than a hundred yards to you.

All you do is illustrate how you live your closeted life. I'm glad you enjoy it. And I look forward to the next time your narcissism asserts itself with another "A Steve5380 Topic". I will be sure not to read any of it.

* Funny, you just wrote this -

Really? That is not what you wrote previously when you informed readers you live in a small house and you spend most of your time in just one room.

I also hope that when the Moderator creates another "Steve5380 Topic" you stay out of it.  And now you have a wonderful opportunity to stay out of this one! Would you be so kind? 

I don't live in a small house and don't spend most of my time in one room.  You are lying more than Trump!  The way you invent things about me is a sad indication that you have come to the end of the line and you are unable to hold any civil conversation.  I feel sorry for you.

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/10/2022 at 11:52 AM, InBangkok said:

our life to readers of BW is like an open book. By far more than any other poster, you have revealed almost your entire existence. Fine, if that is what you wish to do. But one thing we have never heard from you is if you have any friends. Since you claim to be happy living alone and spending your non-gym time alone, readers may well wonder if you have a circle of close friends. Chatting by typing daily on a keyboard to guys you have never met and are never likely to meet is not social interaction.

I must concur to the "findings" of InBangkok.

99.9999% of your posts reveal your (Steve5380s) solitude.

If you had a social life away from BW, we had heard more encounters.

What I concur mostly is your exhibition of your (Steve5380s) life here at BW.

Nobody else exhibits so much about himself here. This is like an instagram profile but just in plain words instead of pictures revealing every inch of your being.

I concur also on your regular contradictions. Two days on the go, you forgot what you posted at the same thread which contradicts your own new post.

Same as there is no need to react every post that quotes something of you, Steve, or mentions your name or refers to what you wrote. If you dislike the content you react not like a 80s senior mature man but like a 2y old kid throwing stones back.

It would be good if you may better control your anger and just let go and ignore plenty of posts, when they just share their opinion which you often misinterpret as "attacking you". People are mostly not attacking you but responding to the content of your posts.

Most importantly I would totally refrain to respond to all these Guest troll posts, but no, you take up to respond to any single of these trolling posts with a reply. With your replies to these Guest trolls you give them the forum they are looking for...

And by the way: Open words must not be retorted with insults.

On 1/10/2022 at 12:40 PM, Steve5380 said:

I forget my stated rules, I ignore "red flags", I ignore "positive philosophy that calms me down",  etc?  How you come up with such a nonsense?   Are you going to write a novel of fiction about my life?   Why you care so much about MY life?

No need for InBangkok to do this as you do it here already for yourself... 😂

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.