Male HQ

For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!

Steve5380

On 1/10/2022 at 11:52 AM, InBangkok said:

Granted, a very few may be of interest. But I frequently wonder what value are the opinions of a man who spends virtually his entire time alone in his house * in Houston in the United States, when you are not SIngaporean (oh, I know, nor am I but I have lived in Asia for 4 decades and have spent vastly more time in Singapore than you), you are not Asian, you have never lived in Asia, you have no interest in travelling within the region to learn about Asian cultures and values because your only interests have been the gay saunas the region offers. And you believe this gives you the right to dictate how young Singaporeans and other Asians should live their lives. Sorry @Steve5380. All you do is illustrate how you live your closeted life. I'm glad you enjoy it. And I look forward to the next time your narcissism asserts itself with another "A Steve5380 Topic". I will be sure not to read any of it.

@InBangkok if I understood or remember correctly, Steve had an Asian boyfriend. At least there is some link.

But it is a fact that he never lived in Asia for more than some weeks during holidays or touristic visits.

I personally find his reports on just visiting gay saunas during his Asia trips disturbing also, but maybe as you rightly pointed out he lives in a closet in the US and was only able to live his gay part during his Asia visits.

But I don't mind as there are others who live their gay life just in gay saunas... and not only gay tourists to Asia.

On 1/9/2022 at 11:02 PM, singalion said:

I must concur to the "findings" of InBangkok.

99.9999% of your posts reveal your (Steve5380s) solitude.

If you had a social life away from BW, we had heard more encounters.

What I concur mostly is your exhibition of your (Steve5380s) life here at BW.

Nobody else exhibits so much about himself here. This is like an instagram profile but just in plain words instead of pictures revealing every inch of your being.

I concur also on your regular contradictions. Two days on the go, you forgot what you posted at the same thread which contradicts your own new post.

Same as there is no need to react every post that quotes something of you, Steve, or mentions your name or refers to what you wrote. If you dislike the content you react not like a 80s senior mature man but like a 2y old kid throwing stones back.

It would be good if you may better control your anger and just let go and ignore plenty of posts, when they just share their opinion which you often misinterpret as "attacking you". People are mostly not attacking you but responding to the content of your posts.

Most importantly I would totally refrain to respond to all these Guest troll posts, but no, you take up to respond to any single of these trolling posts with a reply. With your replies to these Guest trolls you give them the forum they are looking for...

And by the way: Open words must not be retorted with insults.

Don't let your emotions make common cause with someone who attacks me with irrational statements.

You find that I write so much about myself,  yet you want to know more about my social life away from BW?  You hear from me at BW what in my judgment concerns BW,  nothing else.

What is this contradiction I posted at the same thread?

Maybe you think that I have reasons to be angry, and to contain it,  but I am not angry.  Why should I be?

I disagree with your position to respond to "Guest troll posts".  I respond to whoever I find worth of a response, guest or not.  I don't like to ignore people.  And you don't have much to criticize here, since you engage in such lengthy discussions in the thread about American politics with posters who are so able to provoke you into lengthy responses that reveal your compulsion to contradict them.

On occasions I make fun of what I find ridiculous.  But  not retorting with insults.  By the way,  what you mean with "open words"?  are these the ones spoken with an open mouth?  

On 1/9/2022 at 11:10 PM, singalion said:

@InBangkok if I understood or remember correctly, Steve had an Asian boyfriend. At least there is some link.

But it is a fact that he never lived in Asia for more than some weeks during holidays or touristic visits.

I personally find his reports on just visiting gay saunas during his Asia trips disturbing also, but maybe as you rightly pointed out he lives in a closet in the US and was only able to live his gay part during his Asia visits.

But I don't mind as there are others who live their gay life just in gay saunas... and not only gay tourists to Asia.

Don't be a copycat writing fantasies about my life.   Who knows what your life is!   I don't want to speak bad of you, but if you don't reveal much about your life, perhaps you have much to hide or you are too afraid to mention it, like another kind of privacy closet.   On the other hand, I have little to hide. This is why you hear so much about me.  But only on a need-to-know or don't-care-if-known basis.

There is nothing disturbing in my visits of gay saunas.  It has been more than 5 years since I visited one, and my gay life is more than that.   Thinking of it, you don't write anything about your gay life.  Do you have any?  You have a partner, a boy friend?

On 1/10/2022 at 11:40 AM, Steve5380 said:

Are you going to write a novel of fiction about my life?

Well, after all I am a writer with a new book being published in early March. And you have given e an idea. There is so much that you have written about yourself, the principal character would virtually write himself. I have an idea for the title, too - RED FLAG! hahaha Maybe could be a good movie, too.

I haven't spent much money visiting Singapore.  Even Singapore being an expensive city.

I wrote "you spent a lot of money visiting Singapore many times." Singapore is indeed more expensive than many Asia cities but visits also involve air tickets. You can live in a cheap hostel (which you did not - you stayed in a hotel suite) and the total cost per trip will still be expensive. After all you wrote in February 2020 "Saunas in SG are not cheap." 

I didn't spend "virtually" all my time in saunas.  I spent some REAL time in saunas, not much but quality time 

Oh really? Now I could go back and quote you again from your previous postings (of which there are more than a dozen) on what you did on your Singapore trips. They will be your words and it is perfectly clear that the entire point of your visits was to go to gay saunas and have sex with young Singaporeans. Oh, and you have also told us what kind of gay sex you do not like - so we know what you liked when in those saunas! Add to that the fact you stated in your own words you did not go sightseeing, you did not go for shopping, you did not go to attend concerts or visit Singapore's museums. So your visits were sex related. As you yourself wrote in December 2020, "Before the pandemic I was travelling around the world for the enjoyment of good sex." Pretty clear, isn't it? You were travelling from Houston to Singapore and very occasionally to other nearby Asian cities.

And what you wrote in October that year. "Nobody would be caught having sex with Steve in public.  Steve does not need this, because he prefers sex in private.  Like in the privacy of saunas in Singapore,  Steve can have plenty of sex in public there to the delight of cute Asians"

And let's recall you also wrote, "Once vaccinated against Covid, I will rush to Singapore and take a 10 entry pass to Keybox and Hook Club. Then I travel to KL to frequent several times Mandi Mandi, Otot Otot, Kakiku, before flying to Bangkok and making my rounds of Babylon, Chakran, Sauna Mania, Faros II, Dejavu, Male Box."

Once again, these are your own words - word for word. You say you spent "REAL time in saunas - but not much." Visiting all those saunas with 10 entry passes and free access to Babylon because you stayed in their accommodation and so on,  I cannot believe you had much time for anything else on your short trips to South East Asia.

I wrote that I have friends.

Indeed you did - in January last year. What you wrote was - "we can enjoy our own company,  our interests, our thoughts, our plans, while maintaining  some distant contact with friends and family thanks to modern technology

Now that to me does not sound like a regular gathering of good friends in a social setting. It specifically states the use of technology to maintain contact. Indeed in that whole post you list the delights of living alone enjoying your own company.

On 1/10/2022 at 12:10 PM, singalion said:

He told us the boy was from Laos. But the affair did not last long and it was around 25 years ago. As he wrote in 2016 -

"Until years ago I met an Asian that stole my heart and my body.  A native from Laos, he fit perfectly my ideal of beauty . . . Since then, all the other races and ethnic groups have vanished from my fantasies, and I only dream of Asian men. I feel so fortunate when I visit Asian countries and find the boys of my dreams, and some of my favorites happen to be in Singapore."

His long term bf for 2 decades thereafterwas not Asian. His comments about only dreaming about Asian boys after being with his Lao bf seem rather strange. But we are all different.

Edited by InBangkok

On 1/10/2022 at 9:25 AM, Steve5380 said:

You must have cat eyes to read your books without electricity after dark or early in the morning, unless you also like the romanticism of reading to the light of a candle. 

I don't read after dark.  I only read on specific timing, usually in the afternoon in this summer country. There is no lack of light, even filtered light is so bright.  When dark, I rest to build Melatonin and I don't read in those hours, I tried to save electricity.  You must be having a habbit of reading all night long.  I feel for you.

On 1/10/2022 at 2:33 PM, InBangkok said:

He told us the boy was from Laos. But the affair did not last long and it was around 25 years ago. As he wrote in 2016 -

"Until years ago I met an Asian that stole my heart and my body.  A native from Laos, he fit perfectly my ideal of beauty . . . Since then, all the other races and ethnic groups have vanished from my fantasies, and I only dream of Asian men. I feel so fortunate when I visit Asian countries and find the boys of my dreams, and some of my favorites happen to be in Singapore."

His long term bf for 2 decades thereafterwas not Asian. His comments about only dreaming about Asian boys after being with his Lao bf seem rather strange. But we are all different.

Then, I must have confused it. I m not such a fervent "follower" of Steve5380's posts. 

After some thoughts: I think to remember Steve's last bf was Mexican or from a Central American country...

Just to wonder how Steve found BW, probably while googling on gay Saunas in Asia and then found the threads on these saunas. 

To cut it short. Any trip to Asia in his case would be wasted money. What does he want to seek in any gay sauna in Asia? 

But surely Singapore or Thailand wouldn't mind his touristic and pink Dollars... 😂

Edited by singalion

On 1/10/2022 at 1:31 PM, Steve5380 said:

You find that I write so much about myself,  yet you want to know more about my social life away from BW? 

Wrong conclusion! 

I m not keen on your social life and never said you should expose. 

I wrote that from your exposure people can see that your social life is near to zero!

See the difference. 

On 1/10/2022 at 2:22 AM, Guest Mr Hee said:

I don't read after dark.  I only read on specific timing, usually in the afternoon in this summer country. There is no lack of light, even filtered light is so bright.  When dark, I rest to build Melatonin and I don't read in those hours, I tried to save electricity.  You must be having a habbit of reading all night long.  I feel for you.

Mr Hee, thank you for feeling for me.  But instead of reading, I sleep all night long. I might read something interesting as soon as I lie down, but soon I fall asleep.  Other nights I play the piano in my head for a while, then fall asleep.

I hope you find your hardcopy of Two Meals a Day interesting, and you keep building up Melatonin. :thumb:

Well, after all I am a writer with a new book being published in early March. And you have given e an idea. There is so much that you have written about yourself, the principal character would virtually write himself. I have an idea for the title, too - RED FLAG! hahaha Maybe could be a good movie, too.

I assume you were ironic. 

Who wants to watch a movie when the main character is sitting 99.99999% of the time in front of a PC in a minimalistic near to empty room, technically chatting with his bunch of distant friends (distant standing here for far away) over zoom or skype chats... or typing posts to gay online forums...

Edited by singalion

Once again, these are your own words - word for word. You say you spent "REAL time in saunas - but not much." Visiting all those saunas with 10 entry passes and free access to Babylon because you stayed in their accommodation and so on,  I cannot believe you had much time for anything else on your short trips to South East Asia.

Do you think he never visited the Grand Palace and the beautiful Thai temples? And not to forget a river cruise on the Chao Praya river???

Guest Wahahahahha
On 1/10/2022 at 11:23 PM, Steve5380 said:

I might read something interesting as soon as I lie down, but soon I fall asleep.  Other nights I play the piano in my head for a while, then fall asleep:thumb:

Boring sleepy stuffs sure help to induce sleep.  Having said that, I don't want to know....wahahaha

On 1/10/2022 at 12:33 AM, InBangkok said:

And let's recall you also wrote, "Once vaccinated against Covid, I will rush to Singapore and take a 10 entry pass to Keybox and Hook Club. Then I travel to KL to frequent several times Mandi Mandi, Otot Otot, Kakiku, before flying to Bangkok and making my rounds of Babylon, Chakran, Sauna Mania, Faros II, Dejavu, Male Box."

If you will write a book about me,  make it a fantasy book quoting all what I wrote as a joke, like at 78 y.o. taking 10 entry passes to Keybox and Hook Club, then going to KL to Mandi Manda, Otot Otot, Kakiku, then Babylon, Chackran, Sauna Mania, Faros II, Dejavu, Male Box.  !!!! Wahahahaha...

You must be sooo naive... you swallowed my humorous writing whole! :lol: ha ha ha.  But I thank you for giving me credit to do all that as a senior!   Now I know where your envy comes from.  You are also old, although some years younger than me, but you must be sterile.  You cannot get it up anymore.  This also explains why you reject so strong the insinuations that you go to saunas.  You are afraid that you cannot perform!  I feel so sorry for you.

In 2020 you got horribly upset when I suggested that you also enjoy saunas,  after you criticized me for going there.  You got so pissed off, this was REAL ANGER,  not the idiocy you write about "my anger",  ha ha.  After that you had a terrible tantrum, you stopped posting about music, which you loved so much.  You declared that you were leaving the forum.

Your tantrum made me feel sorry for you,  to the point that I profusely apologized to you although aware that I had done nothing to you that could justify your anger.  After a while you slowly returned, and I gave a "like" to some of your posts, (something you never did to my posts), and it seemed that you had reconsidered and calmed down.  But now you have switched from alleged victim to attacker.  Now you attack with falsities and smearing the information I post here for the use of fellow readers who could benefit from some good information about nutrition.

You also reveal your ignorance transforming my actions that are result of my intelligence and common sense into objects of criticism, like in what you write here, criticizing my statement: "I wrote that I have friends":

Indeed you did - in January last year. What you wrote was - "we can enjoy our own company,  our interests, our thoughts, our plans, while maintaining  some distant contact with friends and family thanks to modern technology

Now that to me does not sound like a regular gathering of good friends in a social setting. It specifically states the use of technology to maintain contact. Indeed in that whole post you list the delights of living alone enjoying your own company.

I don't know about you,  but I do everything possible to avoid getting infected with Covid-19, and I am being very successful in spite of the explosion of Omicron infections happening today.  We should remain in isolation if this is possible and easy, like in my case.  I have been limiting my travel to the grocery stores, where I use a mask, and to the gym, where I don't use mask since I am fully vaccinated.  "Regular gathering of good friends in a social setting" can wait until the pandemic is over.  I have several friends that I don't need to see in person since they are not sex buddies. I am waiting to see when my Aikido classes will continue, where I have plenty of friends and social interaction.

Then you wrote something about me and my late boyfriend that is a MISERABLE way to attack me:

I am the first one to state that long term relationships should go beyond the attraction of sex and be sustained primarily by mutual love.  Before I discovered Asians,  Latinos were my favorite attractions.  And my late bf was a gorgeous Mexican.  

You don't talk about what kind of books you "write",  but they must be the cheapest junk around,  judging from the junk you write in your posts here.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:16 AM, singalion said:

Just to wonder how Steve found BW, probably while googling on gay Saunas in Asia and then found the threads on these saunas. 

To cut it short. Any trip to Asia in his case would be wasted money. What does he want to seek in any gay sauna in Asia? 

What I want to seek in any gay sauna in Asia?   You don't understand because you must have a zero level of testosterone. You need to consult a physician ASAP and get started on testosterone supplementation.  It is not healthy for a man to not have any testosterone.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:27 AM, singalion said:

I assume you were ironic. 

Who wants to watch a movie when the main character is sitting 99.99999% of the time in front of a PC in a minimalistic near to empty room, technically chatting with his bunch of distant friends (distant standing here for far away) over zoom or skype chats... or typing posts to gay online forums...

No, he wasn't ironic.  Like you, he was immersed in his writing of fantasies about his object of scorn.  You should have something more positive to do than to lower yourself so much.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:37 AM, singalion said:

Do you think he never visited the Grand Palace and the beautiful Thai temples? And not to forget a river cruise on the Chao Praya river???

Of course a tourist visits tourist places.  The ones in BKK are more lively and uplifting than those in Singapore. In your place, after visiting Sentosa, the big Ferris wheel, a couple of temples,  what else is there to see?  You should have more good saunas to attract savvy tourists, ha ha. 

On 1/10/2022 at 9:59 AM, Guest Wahahahahha said:

Boring sleepy stuffs sure help to induce sleep.  Having said that, I don't want to know....wahahaha

You should find boring sleepy stuffs to help you fall asleep.  Like counting sheep jumping over a fence... one, two, three...  I have something similar, but useful:  musical passages that are difficult for my fingers I practice in my mind, reproducing exactly the moves of the fingers, over and over.  Like the sheep jumping over the fence,  but more practical.  I don't do it specifically to fall asleep,  but soon a good sleep takes over.  :)    wahahaha

On 10/6/2021 at 3:36 AM, Guest eyes said:

This is obvious cyber stalking and harassment.

How long so you think you can get away with it?

On 10/6/2021 at 9:47 AM, Guest Supernatural Spotted said:

He is sticking on Steve5380 forever, like an unquiet spirit attached to someone's body and slowly draining his soul.  I fear for the Ang Mo's safety.  Someone with power need to help exorcise that evil spirit unwilling to let go of Steve. 

On 10/7/2021 at 3:32 AM, Guest eye said:

Your posting has nothing to do with the topic.

It's all aimed at harassing the TS. Nobody is asking you to quote what he said before.

How would you like me to harass you this way as well?

Let it go, let it go.

You're giving us gays a bad name as vindictive as scorned women.

Thank you guys!  @InBangkok is really harassing me now.  If you think it is bad here, see what he does in my recent thread "For gays who will be seniors one day" !!  What is interesting is that he still thinks that he is harassing me,  even if I have given him plenty of proof that I am not a "harassee" because I am not perturbed in the least by him.  Rather than getting angry, or depressed, or whatever, the effect of his bashings is to make me more self-confident, more satisfied, more amused by his vane attempts,  although I often feel sorry about him.

I like this idea of exorcising @InBangkok, but first one would need to find him.  Who knows inside what woodwork he hides...

On 10/5/2021 at 11:05 PM, InBangkok said:

Dementia coming, obviously. In case you did not realise this, I wrote this about YOU. I have not the faintest idea what a near octogenarian thinks because i have many years to enjoy all my various passions along with my partner prior to then. Trips to Tokyo, Taipei, Vietnam and Europe are pencilled and ready to be booked once life is back more or less to some kind of normal.

See this, dear guys!  In my new thread I just mentioned,  @InBangkok complained bitterly because I suggested that he may have dementia.  And here, long time before that, he says that I am getting demented.  :lol:

And he recognizes that  he has not the faintest idea what a near octogenarian thinks .  Yet he is continuously trying to dissect what I, a near octogenarian, think, like he is an expert in near octogenarians!  He does not realize it, but by doing so he shows what a full of you-know-what he is, or, said more kindly,  how ignorant he is.

Edited by Steve5380

Unperturbed by "unquiet spirits",  I continue my reflections about philosophy and the Universe.  I find some agreement with the ideas of this Dr. Robert Lawrence Kuhn, who creates and posts this interesting series "Closer to Truth".   In this video, "Jesus as God", I think that Dr. Kuhn hits on the head one major nails, and comes to the same conclusion I have.  As a Christian, this issue is important in my philosophy,  but fortunately, not fundamental in my life. 

Since childhood I have adopted Jesus as my philosopher, but never giving one neuron of thought to him being GOD.  I don't see the NEED!!  He was, perhaps,  the wisest Jewish SAGE,  a prophet in some's mind,  who had the rare distinction of having an immense love for us humans.  The "mystery" of The Holy Trinity, where Christ (Jesus) is GOD together with the Father and the Holy Spirit, was created some time after the death of Jesus by his early followers, surely in good faith.  They must have been afraid that Jesus would be soon forgotten like it had happened to other minor Jewish prophets. And so they had an extraordinary idea:  to make him GOD.  This idea has persisted for over two millennia!

The persons Dr. Kohn interviews have something amazing in common:  their arguments for the divinity of Jesus are so flimsy, so artificial, so "ad hoc", that they rightfully say that they have to be complemented with faith.  Very smart, this is nothing new.  All religious dogmas need to backed up with faith,  otherwise they fall apart.  They appear sincere and I wish these doctors of theology the best! :)  

On 1/10/2022 at 3:36 PM, Greenliv said:

Wow, with that mind churning all that nuggets of replies, that memory of recalling past innuendos, those fingers typing on the keyboard and the repartee, pretty impressive @Steve5380

Thank you, Indeed, REPARTEE!  :)

This is so opportune for gays who will be seniors one day. 

Traditionally we are sharp and fast when we are young,  but with the years, the mind starts slowing down, memory starts to fade, energies deplete fast, and seniors we should have become easy prey to younger malevolent deceivers or attackers.  

It is known that the biggest loss of estate by seniors is to their families.  Children, grandchildren who make them sign over their wealth with promises of love and care in some divine retirement houses or communities.  After that, they are dumped and forgotten.  And if there is some resistance, the family pushes hard to have them declared mentally incapacitated and in need of a guardian, a member of the family. 

THIS SHOULD BE SOMETHING OF THE PAST!  We should be diligent in adapting our lifestyle while younger to maximize our mental faculties when we are old.   There are CENTENARIANS who are still smart as their descendants, and nobody can clean them out.

I hope that as a young person you accept the advices given in the videos here that deal with mental health, and stay mentally sharp and fast all your life long.  Then when you are my age, you can easily handle repartees with individuals who write against you, and you can easily counter all their falsities.  And by so doing, you will realize that you still have a young mind and you feel good, and you will take repartees with sportsmanship as helpful mental exercises.

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/11/2022 at 12:28 AM, Steve5380 said:

What I want to seek in any gay sauna in Asia?   You don't understand because you must have a zero level of testosterone. You need to consult a physician ASAP and get started on testosterone supplementation.  It is not healthy for a man to not have any testosterone.

Oh, yes I accidentally did not think about viagra and cialis... as it is doesn't touch my mind at all... 😂

On 1/11/2022 at 12:28 AM, Steve5380 said:

No, he wasn't ironic.  Like you, he was immersed in his writing of fantasies about his object of scorn.  You should have something more positive to do than to lower yourself so much.

InBangcok was not immersed in any fantasies as he provided your own statements in his posts as evidence. 

And I am not immersed at all in any fantisies. From other threads you are aware that me recalling things from my memory and quoting such posts is 100% accurate. So far I never placed you on the same scrutiny that I applied to other Member posters (or imposters) here.

Don't please run away from your own posts and pretend you have never written it.

There might have been a misinterpretation from InBangkok on your tiny flat, as you mentioned it at least 3 times but the last time you were referring to your sister who was looking for a smaller flat after she moved in to your expansive home.

What normal person could ever remember exactly all these bundles of details that you posted in BW. Your memoirs on BW are already exceeding those of Bill Clinton... by volumes.

For the rest the quotations from InBangkok are quite accurate (most are 100% quotes from your own posts.)

Repeatedly, you had written here, that you visited various gay saunas in the Asian cities and that in Bangkok you even lived in the Babylon sauna. The same as you had indicated that your main aim was visiting gay saunas on your visits during your Asia trips.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:31 PM, singalion said:

Oh, yes I accidentally did not think about viagra and cialis... as it is doesn't touch my mind at all... 😂

Viagra and cialis are no substitute for a lack of testosterne.  You should seek assistance and have your testosterone checked.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:43 PM, singalion said:

I don't think that was a compliment Steve!

What you think is immaterial.  What matters is what he thought.   "Pretty impressive" IS a compliment. 

On 1/10/2022 at 10:42 PM, singalion said:

InBangcok was not immersed in any fantasies as he provided your own statements in his posts as evidence. 

And I am not immersed at all in any fantisies. From other threads you are aware that me recalling things from my memory and quoting such posts is 100% accurate. So far I never placed you on the same scrutiny that I applied to other Member posters (or imposters) here.

Don't please run away from your own posts and pretend you have never written it.

There might have been a misinterpretation from InBangkok on your tiny flat, as you mentioned it at least 3 times but the last time you were referring to your sister who was looking for a smaller flat after she moved in to your expansive home.

What normal person could ever remember exactly all these bundles of details that you posted in BW. Your memoirs on BW are already exceeding those of Bill Clinton... by volumes.

For the rest the quotations from InBangkok are quite accurate (most are 100% quotes from your own posts.)

Repeatedly, you had written here, that you visited various gay saunas in the Asian cities and that in Bangkok you even lived in the Babylon sauna. The same as you had indicated that your main aim was visiting gay saunas on your visits during your Asia trips.

Why you keep posting completely out of topic in this thread?  

It seems that you post here for purely confrontational purposes here.  Whatever I have posted unrelated to the topic, is completely off-topic here.  What do you have to do with theories and misinterpretations by InBangkok?  Or over my past,  my sister...   my visits to saunas?  

Don't you realize that you are acting like a troll, like a type of guest you so often complain about?

Where have I brought up your past history, argue with you if your recollections of what you posted are correct, coincide with mine, or whatever? If you did this, or did that,  if you are this, or you did that?  My purpose in posting is not to look for trouble,  and not to trouble others.  You can be whatever you care, do whatever you care,  it is not my business and I have no intention of making it one. 

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/10/2022 at 11:12 PM, Steve5380 said:

If you will write a book about me,  make it a fantasy

Probably more of a horror story  🤣. I can even give readers information about the two types of underwear you recently purchased!

make it a fantasy book quoting all what I wrote as a joke, like at 78 y.o. taking 10 entry passes to Keybox and Hook Club, then going to KL to Mandi Manda, Otot Otot, Kakiku, then Babylon, Chackran, Sauna Mania, Faros II, Dejavu, Male Box.  !!!! Wahahahaha..

You are so incredibly predictable. When criticised using your own words, you first attack the poster with various slanderous epithets. When that does not work, you state - as you have so many times - the you were joking. Funny that! When other posters write an amusing post, they follow it with a funny/cute emoji, LOL or, as you have just done, something like "Wahahaha." You write seriously and only add in those funny symbols when you are taken to task for what you have written. Given the number of posts in which you talked about your Singapore adventures being solely for attending gay saunas and your returning to Singapore after covid for the same purpose, your suggestion that you were joking is ridiculous.

In 2020 you got horribly upset when I suggested that you also enjoy saunas

I did indeed because you lied. You took an old post of mine in which I talked about Rairua in the early 2000s adding I had not been to a gay sauna for more than 15 years. You accused me of lying. You even accused my partner of being part of these fictitious escapades to saunas. You then said that having lived in Bangkok for 4 decades it would be impossible to avoid going to saunas. Again you made an assumption for, as I pointed out, your assumption was yet again totally inaccurate. You made it up. Most of my time in Asia has been working for companies in Hong Kong and Tokyo. But then you did not think to check. You ASSUMED and then lied! Do you want me to post that detailed series of posts here to prove my comments?  I don't think so!

You can criticise me all you want and I will criticise you back if I think you are wrong. If I agree, I will say so. But when you involve my partner in a totally made-up post, I will certainly accuse you of lying. After you doubled down more than once, you finally apologised - as you should immediatey have done.

Now you attack with falsities

And that is rubbish. I do not attack. When you write something that is inaccurate, I locate comments you have previously made and quote them back at you. How can you claim your own words are falsities? In future I will consider stating the exact post and date of your posting so all can see what you have said and how it differs from what you now write. You live in an odd sort of fanasty land. 

On the other hand, I have indeed contradicted some of what you have written in this thread because I believe much of it is quackery. It may suit a 78 year old man but nothing particularly applies to young Singapore and Asian gays. You don't agree. Fair enough.

I don't know about you,  but I do everything possible to avoid getting infected with Covid-19, and I am being very successful in spite of the explosion of Omicron infections happening today.  We should remain in isolation if this is possible and easy, like in my case.

I am delighted you are in good health and have not been infected with covid19. I would not wish that on anyone. But to suggest that the only way to avoid exposure to the virus is to isolate oneself in one's home is another piece of total nonsense. You have returned to your gym for akido lessons. Great! Do you all use hand sanitizer and masks? The masks never come off? I and my friends wear masks and have been practising social distancing  for nearly 2 years. But we still go out for coffee, lunch and occasional dinners (when of course the masks come off) and not one of us has been infected. Indeed, not one of the friends of our friends has been infected. Isolation is not essential in any way to prevent exposure to the virus. Common sense is.

For the record:

On 12/14/2014 at 1:23 PM, Steve5380 said:

I visited Towel Club four times between 2006 and 2007, at their full moon parties.  

I don't remember seeing people in business clothes, since none had clothes on.

I remember the first time I could not find the entrance.

I waited on the street until a guy came in, and this showed me the tricky door.

I was impressed by the nice decor of the place, attractive and clean.

The cruising area had narrow corridors covered with mirrors and nude bodies

lined up side-by-side,  leaving narrow space for the procession of other nude bodies 

passing by in endless procession.  Lights were dim and temperature was high.

I remember it so well because I had some of my best sauna experiences there,

and I was not a newcomer to places like that. Gays were just gorgeous with few 

exceptions,  and they were not posing as passive statues. 

Absolute came close to Towel Club in its best days, but not quite as good.

On 12/15/2014 at 12:30 AM, Steve5380 said:

Towel Club in HK closed down four years ago.  It was always a poor clone of the Singapore one.  I went there once and was disappointed.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:13 AM, Steve5380 said:

The first time I went to Towel Club and enjoyed the beautiful people there I was in my early 50s,  but no one blocked my way or gave me nasty looks,  and I had always much fun. 

On 11/26/2019 at 12:59 AM, Steve5380 said:

On 2006 I searched for 6 Loke Yew Street, found the rotating door that gave entrance to Towel Club, and walked in.  They gave me a membership without introduction by other members, screening,  and thereafter I enjoyed many visits to this place on their Full Moon and other events.  A small sauna with plenty of mirrors and a distinctive element: nice, cute Asian gays.  Some of my best sauna experiences. I wish I had visited SG in the days of the Rairua sauna, and had met activist Alex Au. But that would have been before I started my travels to Asia. 

On 12/3/2019 at 8:29 PM, Steve5380 said:

There is no law that prohibits people at 70 and beyond to visit gay saunas.  It is not uncommon for seniors who are retired and have much leisure time to spend some of it in saunas. They may not go exclusively to fuck but also to relax in steam rooms and hot tubs and enjoy the scene.  And it is not uncommon for seniors of any age to hire money boys, and get massages with happy end.

The fact that you feel expired does not make it a general situation.  You just need to visit Babylon in BKK and find so many seniors happily roaming the place.  You tell them that they are expired,  and they will laugh in your face!   And they will be nice and try to convince you that you are not expired  either.   You may want to follow their advice :)

On 12/28/2018 at 10:36 PM, Steve5380 said:

You have the right idea. Healthy sex is self limiting.  What else is there to do in a gay sauna but have sex?  And when this is done we can leave.  Although saunas also offer a slight possibility of socializing, maybe increasing the probability of finding a bf?  Oh NO!  I would never pick up a bf among people who go to saunas !!!  But... how about yourself?  When you go to a sauna aren't you one of "those who go to saunas"?  Would this disqualify you from being bf material?  People in saunas are regulars and non-regulars.  The way to tell them apart is by seeing the regulars frequently there.  But then... we are regulars ourselves  :lol:

On 3/19/2015 at 11:45 PM, Steve5380 said:

And if you stay at their barracks (bed-and-breakfast) you pay half of what the most economical hotel costs in SG and get five times better service.  A value ten times higher that anything in SG!

On 3/20/2015 at 10:03 AM, Steve5380 said:
On 3/20/2015 at 6:41 AM, Guest Guest said:

The complicated looking entrée I ordered was taken from the display shelf, pre-cooked and pre-plated and microwaved to serve. Tastes nice but the concept was the least appealing for me.

Next time you are there order the tuna salad.  It is cheaper, healthier and prepared fresh. Nothing in it is microwaved, pre-cooked.

On 3/20/2015 at 10:19 AM, Steve5380 said:

No, nothing ghostly at BBY but a decor that gives a feeling of quality and refinement.  The barrack rooms with their fake pipes and funny lamps are more hilariously uplifting than the sterile lines in five star hotel rooms.  The area of shared bathrooms, showers, with the chain curtains at the entrance clinging when people pass through gives a sense of community that no regular hotel offers. The breakfast / social room has ideal decor to have good conversations while enjoying breakfast. I don't know about nuns from wats there, but I suspect that many priest from everywhere come there incognito to pray to god Eros.

On 6/12/2017 at 6:25 AM, Steve5380 said:

I visited Blue Heaven several times but was unaware that they had foam parties there.

On 11/28/2018 at 12:09 PM, Steve5380 said:

I was in Penang over 10 years ago,  at that time the best (or only?) sauna was "Leo".

I didn't find much gay activity in this island.  If horny, rather stay in KL and enjoy the saunas there.

Or better, travel further north to Bangkok and Pattaya and enjoy your being horny!

On 9/19/2018 at 11:21 PM, Steve5380 said:

Having been in an open relationship for many years, I have traveled overseas on vacation mostly alone to enjoy some "sex tourism".  (always careful to bring back a nice present for my friend).

My recommendation for you would be Bangkok.  An ideal destination of friendly people with good understanding of English, and a strong gay scene.

Although there are many inexpensive hotels in the Silom area,  my favorite place to stay is at the barracks of Babylon sauna.  Not only is the place exclusively gay, with a community of foreigners experts in the Bangkok scene, but you get free entry to the sauna being a guest there. 

On 4/9/2019 at 12:34 AM, Steve5380 said:

I just came back from a week of vacationing in Bangkok,  and as usual,  I stayed at the Babylon barracks.

This is the ninth time, starting in 2005, and I find that the place is and has always been a good value, practically unchanged from my last visit 3 years ago. I arrived at 9AM and could check in immediately, ready to enjoy the communal breakfast. My room was in the 6th floor, quiet and just steps from the elevator and breakfast room.

A while later with my entrance ticket to the sauna, I went to the gym for my daily workout. Then I had lunch in the 2nd floor restaurant.  Nowhere can I check-in easier than at Babylon. That evening I returned to the sauna to play in the nude area and to eat dinner at the restaurant in the 1st floor.

I also stayed Saturday evening at the sauna for their "pool party",  an innocent gathering with free beer.  Some nice twinks danced there to the good time of the audience.

In this short visit I only went to one sauna besides Babylon.  I ruled out Sauna Mania and Ratchada (former R3) because of their ugly discrimination of seniors. I didn't go to Chackran because I had found it boring last time.  I didn't go to other saunas in the outskirts where locals hang out because I was lazy.  

I only visited the sauna 39 Underground in Stephan Khwai on their "all day naked" event.  And I found that I had not missed anything at the other saunas.  The public there was relatively young Thais,  late-20s to mid 30s,  friendly and in good shape.   Although many already display their early tummy... why do I care? There is one particular small room in the 2nd floor where the only entrance is a metal door with vertical bars spaced just enough to let only the slim ones pass.  Years ago on my first visit I was able to barely squeeze through the bars and get in.  This time... I stood in front of this door in doubt, and then I decided to try.  And I got in again !!!  The years have been kind on my waist.  Inside the room was a horny twink ready to play, and so we did for a while. I stayed at 39 Underground for a good while, and after one satisfying encounter with a Thai boy I left.   My impression of this sauna is quite positive, one of the cheapest and with a good proportion of younger Thais.  

I had come to BKK with the intention to visit go go bars and have a short time with a money boy.  After the satisfying evening at 39 Underground I felt not yet ready for this,  or maybe my pride still discourages paid sex,  so I will leave this for a next visit. Similarly, I had a list of massage places to go for happy endings.  But I found myself sufficiently happy already.

On Sunday afternoon I went to shop at Chatuchak Market, and decided that I won't go there anymore because of overcrowding.  I can find cheap stuff at MBK much easier than at Chatuchak. 

Overall I had a short but satisfying visit, well worth the bargain fare I paid for the flights and the convenient accommodation at Babylon. 

On 1/5/2019 at 12:46 PM, Steve5380 said:

But here we talk about Keybox.  I don't remember in my several visits to OneSeven and the old Keybox of having had my balls squeezed.  And neither did I do it to anyone, even being somewhat old then.  Neither did I had this happen in Malaysia.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:38 PM, Steve5380 said:

@Steve5380 is pleased with his approach to the serious issue of pollution in BKK.  What should be important for me is my sex life.  This is not selfishness.  There is little I can do to help the people in BKK,  and this little is the economic benefit of my sex tourism.  I have decided that I have reached a stage in life where it is proper to start supporting the nice money boys.  Only once in my life I have paid for gay sex, and this was in Pattaya in 2005.  This sex was great but I was too proud to be paying for it.  Today I am increasingly proud of being able and craving for sex, and I think that there is some mutual benefit in commercial sex.  So maybe the need of sex boys to make an income should override the fear of lung damage...?   :)

On 2/12/2019 at 10:01 PM, Steve5380 said:

Thank you all for your useful responses.  Maybe an air filtering mask would do just fine.  After all, all I need to do outdoors is to walk from Babylon where I will stay to other saunas. And I would spend much time at the Babylon steam room/s if they were filled with gays that are younger and slimmer...  

On 5/24/2020 at 12:12 PM, Steve5380 said:

As sex tourist I would like to visit BKK again, especially if Babylon and other saunas are open and doing well again.

Also I would like to know Vietnam, like HCMC. 

On 5/9/2021 at 11:10 PM, Steve5380 said:

You are right, Hook Club does not appear to be worth SG$90!  When I went to Cruise Club years ago it was much cheaper. How can Hook Club have an 80 y.o. statue if it has been in business for only a couple of years? :lol:

As for the stairs,  I would love if Absolute were still in business.  I enjoyed climbing the many flights of wooden stairs to the terrace up and down, although I suppose that they are still there in TenMen.  And in Hook club, they may still have that long stairs with metal edges that I disliked in Cruise club..

On 5/10/2021 at 12:06 AM, Steve5380 said:

The LAST time I was at a sauna was at Babylon at their evening rock concert on April 17, 2016, just before I left to the airport.  So it is now more than FIVE years. 

On 9/30/2020 at 9:46 PM, Steve5380 said:

But for a tourist, once one visits the few tourist traps, there is nothing left to do.  I visited often because I like Singapore gays and I was attracted to Towel Club, Absolute, some of One-seven, some of Cruise Club... and practically nothing else.  I felt bored even in Sentosa island.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:46 PM, Steve5380 said:

Now that I am retired and a sex tourist, my "status" is having a body in good shape :) In Singapore I stayed in 3 star hotels, and in the last years at a "suite" in Max Lim's Queen Resort, for a fraction of the $450 a night, LOL!  The place was still clean , even if the towels looked ragged, and it was so conveniently close to Absolute and Cruise Club. With the same mentality, I stay at the Babylon barracks in BKK, always trading luxury for fun. 

On 9/28/2020 at 2:33 AM, Steve5380 said:

I remember a very nice experience I had on April 14, 2016.  At that time I was visiting Bangkok for Songkran, staying at the barracks of Babylon.  This day I went to the sauna with my free pass as usual, and I noticed a large number of Chinese of large proportions.  Then I remembered that Babylon had a private "Bears and Chubs Party", and this was the day for it.  I was curious, and as a guest of the barracks they let me into the pool area where the party was in full swing.  I was so pleased by the friendliness of all the people attending,  besides finding chubs and bears usually friendly,  and these were so HAPPY and PROUD.  They offered me their beer and I sat at the edge of the pool with them,  chatting and laughing with many guys around, getting sprayed by their water throwing.  I must have been like a black sheep there, perhaps they felt sorry for this thin guy with so little cover over his muscles, ha ha.  I spent at the pool a good while, and then I went to the restaurant by the pool and kept watching the party as it unfolded.  Seldom had I seen Babylon so animated, with so much laughing, shouting, happy clowning.  Then in the afternoon there was a foam party,  great as always. :) 

I hope to repeat this experience in the future, after the pandemic is over.

On 11/17/2020 at 1:13 AM, Steve5380 said:

Once vaccinated against the Covid, I will rush to Singapore and take a 10 entries pass to Keybox and Hook Club.  Then I travel to KL to frequent several times Mandi Manda, Otot Otot, Kakiku,  before flying to Bangkok and making my rounds of Babylon, Chakran, Sauna Mania, Farose II, Dejavu, Male Box,  all without risk of getting infected with Covid.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:44 AM, Steve5380 said:

I have the motivation of being surrounded by and making happy acquaintances with nice Asian boys in S.E. Asia. 

Edited by singalion

On 1/10/2022 at 11:55 PM, InBangkok said:

Probably more of a horror story  🤣. I can even give readers information about the two types of underwear you recently purchased!

You are so incredibly predictable. When criticised using your own words, you first attack the poster with various slanderous epithets. When that does not work, you state - as you have so many times - the you were joking. Funny that! When other posters write an amusing post, they follow it with a funny/cute emoji, LOL or, as you have just done, something like "Wahahaha." You write seriously and only add in those funny symbols when you are taken to task for what you have written. Given the number of posts in which you talked about your Singapore adventures being solely for attending gay saunas and your returning to Singapore after covid for the same purpose, your suggestion that you were joking is ridiculous.

I did indeed because you lied. You took an old post of mine in which I talked about Rairua in the early 2000s adding I had not been to a gay sauna for more than 15 years. You accused me of lying. You even accused my partner of being part of these fictitious escapades to saunas. You then said that having lived in Bangkok for 4 decades it would be impossible to avoid going to saunas. Again you made an assumption for, as I pointed out, your assumption was yet again totally inaccurate. You made it up. Most of my time in Asia has been working for companies in Hong Kong and Tokyo. But then you did not think to check. You ASSUMED and then lied! Do you want me to post that detailed series of posts here to prove my comments?  I don't think so!

You can criticise me all you want and I will criticise you back if I think you are wrong. If I agree, I will say so. But when you involve my partner in a totally made-up post, I will certainly accuse you of lying. After you doubled down more than once, you finally apologised - as you should immediatey have done.

And that is rubbish. I do not attack. When you write something that is inaccurate, I locate comments you have previously made and quote them back at you. How can you claim your own words are falsities? In future I will consider stating the exact post and date of your posting so all can see what you have said and how it differs from what you now write. You live in an odd sort of fanasty land. 

On the other hand, I have indeed contradicted some of what you have written in this thread because I believe much of it is quackery. It may suit a 78 year old man but nothing particularly applies to young Singapore and Asian gays. You don't agree. Fair enough.

I am delighted you are in good health and have not been infected with covid19. I would not wish that on anyone. But to suggest that the only way to avoid exposure to the virus is to isolate oneself in one's home is another piece of total nonsense. You have returned to your gym for akido lessons. Great! Do you all use hand sanitizer and masks? The masks never come off? I and my friends wear masks and have been practising social distancing  for nearly 2 years. But we still go out for coffee, lunch and occasional dinners (when of course the masks come off) and not one of us has been infected. Indeed, not one of the friends of our friends has been infected. Isolation is not essential in any way to prevent exposure to the virus. Common sense is.

Why you keep posting here completely out of topic?

You seem to have come to this thread for purely confrontational purposes.  You spend so much energy criticizing what I do and what I don't do.  For what purpose?  What is it to you what my lifestyle is?  One can understand that you have posted here to give your opinion about the topic, your disagreement with the material I posted here.  But so much you post goes beyond that.  If you want to give your opinion that some of the material is quakery, you are entitled to it and I have said this quite frequently.   But  MY PERSONA  should not be the topic of your dissertation here.  I don't care about your persona even a tiny fraction of what you seem to care for mine, and I don't see the purpose of this caring,  since I don't give it any relevance.  The fact however is in that you are distracting from the real topic, and this is not well seen here by the Moderator.   You should have remained as a guest, more appropriate for the trolling you are doing.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:36 PM, GachiMuchi said:

Could be because gays get their synapses fired up with dopamine from seeking pleasures all the time that's why they don't get dementia?

What is dementia? Symptoms, stages, types, and more

Dementia describes various symptoms of cognitive decline, such as forgetfulness. It is a symptom of several underlying conditions and brain disorders.

Dementia is a general term for symptoms affecting memory, communication, and thinking. Although the likelihood of having dementia increases with age, it is not a normal part of aging.

Types and causes of dementiaTrusted Source include:

Experts may refer to these as Alzheimer’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease-related dementias.

Dementia symptoms

Symptoms of dementia depend on the type a person has, but they typically include:

• memory problems
  • asking the same question repeatedly
  • difficulty finding or understanding words
  • feeling confused in an unfamiliar environment
  • problems dealing with money and numbers
  • anxiety and withdrawal
  • difficulty planning and carrying out tasks
  • mood changes
  • personality and behavioral changes
  • sleep disturbances
  • changes in social awareness, such as making inappropriate jokes
  • obsessive tendencies

Some types of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s disease, result from the progressive death of brain cells and neurons. It develops and worsens over time.

However, dementia can also result from head injuries, stroke, brain tumors, and other causes. A stroke, for example, can stop blood and oxygen from reaching brain cells, resulting in damage and cell death. Receiving a blow to the head can damage brain cells directly.

Some types of traumatic brain injury — particularly if repetitive, which can happen in some sports — may increase the risk of certain types of dementia later in life.

Some other factors and conditions with similar symptomsTrusted Source include:

• the use of some drugs
  • some infections, such as HIV or neurosyphilis
  • depression
  • vitamin B12 or E deficiency
  • thyroid problems

How to prevent dementia:

Here is a link

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dementia/risk-factors-and-prevention/how-reduce-your-risk-alzheimers-and-other-dementias

While it talks about physical activity not sure, if it included sex.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:14 PM, Steve5380 said:

You spend so much energy criticizing what I do and what I don't do.  For what purpose?

Posting advice for young Singaporeans and other Asians who are mostly in the 20 -40 yo bracket is one thing - and could be particularly useful. Posting advice from a 78 yo closeted American who lives 16,000 kms away in Houston Texas and whose knowledge of Asia and its customs is - I'll put this mildly - extremely limited, is not. You have written that you object to Chinese being used on BW - only because you can not read or understand Chinese. and will not take the trouble to learn. When criticised by another poster for using German in a post, your reasoning was this usual twaddle in December 2020 - 

"I am critical of the abundant posts in Chinese, especially Chinese videos that cannot be translated.  But the practice continues regardless of criticisms.  It is very proper to write a few phrases in German, which you can very easily translate, so that you know that the German language EXISTS and sees an example of it."

So you wanted readers to be aware that the German language exists. You even criticised Asian family culture and suggested that eventually Singapore should wake up and get rid of the business of young Asians having to look after their parents in later life. Have you even the remotest idea about Asians and the lives they lead? Until you do, cut the criticism. 

And you would be well to remember another of your posts, this time from May 2020 - 

"Attacks that would have disturbed me in the past now fly by like a swirl of bad smell, and one holds the breath for a moment until it passes.  In reality, the stronger the attack,  the more creative one becomes in finding an appropriate answer."

Funny! I hadn't noticed that!

Guest Dizzy and Time Wasting
On 1/11/2022 at 5:23 PM, InBangkok said:

So you wanted readers to be aware that the German language exists. You even criticised Asian family culture and suggested that eventually Singapore should wake up and get rid of the business of young Asians having to look after their parents in later life. Have you even the remotest idea about Asians and the lives they lead? Until you do, cut the criticism.

I don't see the need of you posting excessively, against just one person.  It is not just a couple of disagreement comments, and deal with it,  but flooded beyond imaginable reasons.  I do not have long attentions span, given other important productive time at hand.     Not a single word I have read coming from you in every thread, except the need on this one to voice my concerns and for other readers.

I think BW forum should limit the number of words per post (on certain members), otherwise it will kill many people interest and worse, will not reflect positively on that person writing it, wehther he is right or wrong.

On 1/11/2022 at 6:30 PM, Guest Dizzy and Time Wasting said:

I do not have long attentions span, given other important productive time at hand.     Not a single word I have read coming from you in every thread, except the need on this one to voice my concerns and for other readers.

I think BW forum should limit the number of words per post (on certain members), otherwise it will kill many people interest and worse, will not reflect positively on that person writing it, wehther he is right or wrong.

Maybe you are confusing an online forum with a group chat.

Here are some points to note:

a) The short attention span is your personal problem and not the problem of BW or any other Members/readers.

b) Where will you place the limit of numbers of words. People could probably not post any news article into BW to alert Singaporean residents on gay related news. Discriminating certain members would be also inappropriate.

c) There is no obligation for anyone to read anything at BW. You are at the total liberty to move on and decide not to read posts. That liberty is granted to everyone at BW even those with attention span issues. This means there is no issue if certain Members have learnt to write longer posts.

d) Obviously you read InBangkok's post otherwise how would you have known that he is in disagreement with someone else? That you did not read any single word seems quite unbelievable...

e) For posting something at BW it is advisable to always have read the content of the post otherwise you might accuse someone wrongly for something he hasn't done.

Please accept my apologies if I m quite blunt, but you provoked it with your post.

On 1/11/2022 at 3:23 AM, InBangkok said:

Funny! I hadn't noticed that!

Quack... quack....quack...   

There are a lot of things you don't notice!   Like how shameful your posting here is.

You came to this thread, attracted by my alias, with the intention to badmouth anything I post.

This was clear from the beginning when you bashed the video about preventing Alzheimer's by stating that it cannot be prevented.  You also confused prevention with reversion.  I made you aware of this, but you persist with this false statement that it CANNOT be prevented.  You have zero evidence of this.  Even if the recommendations in the videos keep 10 % of the Alzheimer's cases from materializing,  it can be prevented.   

You continued by badmouthing other videos about nutrition, recommendations of fasting, avoiding sugars, etc. You called the presenters in these videos "quacks".  Again, you provided ZERO evidence that they are quacks, it is simply what you irresponsibly say. 

Irresponsibly, because you may be affecting the opinion of fellow gays who need and want good advice, and then...  why should they care to prevent Alzheimer's if it cannot be prevented?!  All because of your false statements!

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/11/2022 at 7:33 AM, InBangkok said:

I post to correct incorrect posts made by others, especially others who have written quite the opposite in other threads. That surely must be perfectly obvious.

Incorrect!  What you call "perfectly obvious" is a snide lie of yours.

I did indeed because you lied. You took an old post of mine in which I talked about Rairua in the early 2000s adding I had not been to a gay sauna for more than 15 years. You accused me of lying. You even accused my partner of being part of these fictitious escapades to saunas. You then said that having lived in Bangkok for 4 decades it would be impossible to avoid going to saunas. Again you made an assumption for, as I pointed out, your assumption was yet again totally inaccurate. You made it up. Most of my time in Asia has been working for companies in Hong Kong and Tokyo. But then you did not think to check. You ASSUMED and then lied! Do you want me to post that detailed series of posts here to prove my comments?  I don't think so!ou can criticise me all you want and I will criticise you back if I think you are wrong. If I agree, I will say so. But when you involve my partner in a totally made-up post, I will certainly accuse you of lying. After you doubled down more than once, you finally apologised - as you should immediatey have done.

This is what you wrote after I observed that in 2020 you got terribly upset and angry when I said that you too like to go to saunas.  I never accused your partner of anything, I have no awareness or interest in your partner.  My assumption was about you, and now you say that I LIED.   This is a falsity.

A REAL grown up man does not get terribly angry and upset and makes a tantrum just because some anonymous person in a gay sauna misunderstood  his likeness for saunas. This is instead the attitude of a puny girly spoiled child.  And then after the person apologized this girly adult child keeps a strong resentment against the person who made him blow up in anger. You should realize that your anger and tantrum was the doing of your own personality.  If I would get so angry and make such a tantrum every time you post a falsity about me..... oh-my-my-god-   what would this forum become?   But I don't get angry over your falsities,  some even amuse me,  and that's it.

Edited by Steve5380

What in your belief is quackery?  You already gave your opinion that Alzheimer's cannot be prevented, and we discussed this.  It is your "opinion" versus some doctors' and expert's findings.

What else?  What else is "quackery"?

And you are wrong that this thread suits only a 78 year old man.  More than us elderly people, the information I post is timely for young Singaporeans and Asian gays.  When younger, this is the time to start PREVENTING.   Haven't you read the many threads about fellow posters in BW who are afraid of getting older,  who think that they are on the verge to lose any attraction and are incapable to control their inevitable descent into incapacitation and senility when they soon reach... 40, 50 or 60?   If we have personal experience of being fully healthy, functional and happy beyond these ages,  don't we nearly have a responsibility to let it know and give reassurance and advice to the younger folks?  What is bad with this? 

For the record:   The record of what?  A record of your sickness?

This is what this individual sin- ga- li- on  posted yesterday, quoting a collection of my past posts. There must be something wrong with his mind.  Not only is this totally off-topic,  but it is completely weird.  In my long years at BW,  I have never seen such a strange thing.  Is this his internal urge to win an argument what prompt him to do so?  If so, he failed miserably.....  unfortunately corrupting more this thread with his endlessly long posts,  something he also does in the American Politics one.  

So I looked at my quoted earlier posts and...  interestingly...  I find that they are fine.  I would not change any of them, even if some I wrote jokingly, like the one where I said I would visit all those saunas after covid is over, ha ha.

Not only am I satisfied with my posts, but they may even give some example to fellow gays who think that at 40 their sex life is over.  Here they can see that even in their 70s  they can have an interesting sex life, perfectly positive without hurting anyone.   My beloved late bf, whom I cared so much for, he also loved me much and he was pleased that I did my "sex tourism" in Asia.  He told me: "I'm sorry that I cannot go with you, but you try to get all the pleasure you need there, which I cannot give you".  And he knew perfectly well what I did in Asia, because I never intentionally did hide anything from him.

My quoted posts could be part of my writing here "for gays who will be seniors one day".   Preserve your sexuality and don't short-cut it.   Find a loving relationship, and if it has to be open,  don't let go of the mutual love and respect.  Try to make it "in sickness and in health, till death shall us part".   This derives from an earlier principle:  we are not perfect, others are not perfect.  The combination of the two, the union, of course cannot be perfect.  Don't strive for a perfect relationship,  this is what love is for, to smooth out imperfections. :)

Edited by Steve5380

On 1/11/2022 at 4:30 AM, Guest Dizzy and Time Wasting said:

Thanks, this is not a bad idea.  The main elements of our posts should be OUR OWN WORDS,  not endless quotations of others, which can be very well abridged.

But see what this sin-ga-li-on replied to you:

Maybe you are confusing an online forum with a group chat.

Here are some points to note:

a) The short attention span is your personal problem and not the problem of BW or any other Members/readers.

b) Where will you place the limit of numbers of words. People could probably not post any news article into BW to alert Singaporean residents on gay related news. Discriminating certain members would be also inappropriate.

c) There is no obligation for anyone to read anything at BW. You are at the total liberty to move on and decide not to read posts. That liberty is granted to everyone at BW even those with attention span issues. This means there is no issue if certain Members have learnt to write longer posts.

d) Obviously you read InBangkok's post otherwise how would you have known that he is in disagreement with someone else? That you did not read any single word seems quite unbelievable...

e) For posting something at BW it is advisable to always have read the content of the post otherwise you might accuse someone wrongly for something he hasn't done.

Please accept my apologies if I m quite blunt, but you provoked it with your post.

First he blames it on "your personal problem".  He would never accept it as "HIS personal problem"

Then he objects on the basis that one could not post news articles to alert readers to gay related news.  He forgets that he can always post LINKS to the news instead dumping the whole news in his post.  Also he says: "Discriminating certain members would also be inappropriate"   What???  He has managed to do something at this site so that ALL my replies to him get HIDDEN, and need approval.  Moderators won't tell me why, but they are the owners of the site, and I have nothing to say.  But I should be sufficiently unimportant to not warrant "special treatment" here.

He argues:  there is no obligation for anyone to read anything at BW.  This is an eternal cheap excuse.  

And he observed that you did read InBangkok's posts, and realized that he is in disagreement with someone.  So what?

At last,  HE BLAMES YOU from having provoked him,  even if he tries to hide this with "Please accept my apologies".  The falsity of this si-nga-lio-n member transformed into cheap troll... is evident.

AT LAST has this si-ng-al-io-n posted something in this thread that is on topic.  He wrote:

How to prevent dementia:

Here is a link

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dementia/risk-factors-and-prevention/how-reduce-your-risk-alzheimers-and-other-dementias

Wnderful!  Now please inform your buddy-in-harassment InBangkok of your finding that dementia, Alzheimer's CAN be prevented.  :) 

Today's news:

Research at Harvard has found that olive oil significantly reduces the risk of diseases, including Alzheimer's.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/olive-oil-reduce-risk-death-saturated-fats-cancer-cardiovascular-disease-harvard/

"Consuming more olive oil could reduce your risk of dying from cancer, cardiovascular and respiratory disease and neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer's, according to a new study.

Researchers from Harvard University analyzed diets, disease and death records of men and women over a 28-year period. They found that people who replaced just over 2 teaspoons of margarine, butter, mayonnaise or dairy fat with the same amount of olive oil had up to a 34% lower overall risk of dying than people who ate little to no olive oil.

People who had the highest levels of olive oil consumption also had a 19% lower risk of dying from heart conditions, a 17% lower risk of dying from cancer, a 29% lower risk of dying from neurodegenerative disease, and an 18% lower risk of dying from respiratory disease.

The connection between olive oil and deaths from brain disease was "novel," Susanna Larsson, an associate professor of epidemiology at the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, wrote in an accompanying editorial."

-------

How much more proof we need that we can help our chances of a healthy life later in life by making some easy changes today?   How can we let these opportunities pass ??

Edited by Steve5380

Steve: I won't do you the favour to go down into your last three 'retorting" posts aiming to insult me in your own interest.

There is nothing wrong to post your old posts from 2012 to recent on the same topic. You posted it here, it is history of BW.

Steve: My personal advice to you was to settle your personal issues with InBangkok.

If your pride doesn't allow you to settle some small issue in a gentlemanly manner, than don't wonder and you have to face the consequences.

The giving in on both sides is long overdue.

It is a small matter to write a private message and to get over this ridiculous episode.

For all what you have been pretending and upholding on BW to my utmost surprise I am shocked on your stubbornness not to have already settled this small issue with InBangkok.

There are no winners.

Proclaiming that you follow the teachings of Buddha but it seems you haven't read the crucial parts.

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.

Si=ng=al=io=n just posted this to me:

Steve: I won't do you the favour to go down into your last three 'retorting" posts aiming to insult me in your own interest.

There is nothing wrong to post your old posts from 2012 to recent on the same topic. You posted it here, it is history of BW.

I... I cannot make any sense of this!  Have I "insulted him in my own interest" ?  Does he mean that he had quoted my old posts in my own interest ???  Am I now the culprit that he quoted my posts?  Please, does anyone understand him and can clarify what he means?

Then he wrote to me:

Steve: My personal advice to you was to settle your personal issues with InBangkok.

If your pride doesn't allow you to settle some small issue in a gentlemanly manner, than don't wonder and you have to face the consequences.

The giving in on both sides is long overdue.

It is a small matter to write a private message and to get over this ridiculous episode.

For all what you have been pretending and upholding on BW to my utmost surprise I am shocked on your stubbornness not to have already settled this small issue with InBangkok.

There are no winners.

Proclaiming that you follow the teachings of Buddha but it seems you haven't read the crucial parts.

How can I settle any issues with InBangkok if he keeps bashing and deluding me with snide falsities ??  

There is an infinitely simple way to settle:  for him to stop trolling me and criticizing my life, my age, my preferences, my actions that have nothing to do with him, and he could completely ignore me  ( leaving me alone in peace ). 

I surely have not tried to keep him out of this thread.  He could have posted his dissents, his opinions, without involving me. But his first post on this thread, on 12/30/21,  was to write this right away:

What? Do you seriously expect readers to believe that? You have told us soooo many times about how you love your son, adore your grandchildren, had 20 or so years with your loving and beloved boyfriend - yet old age "is becoming the happiest period of your life"?

What has this thread to do with my son, my late bf,  my grandchildren, , my old age?  Isn't it completely improper that he breaks into this thread with a bunch of my personal things that don't concern him at all?  How would YOU deal with this?

And I have tried to settle, to reconciliate with him.  After he had his Big Tantrum I wrote a PM to him apologizing,  ( I am not going to quote my PMs here because I think that PMs are confidential ).  He didn't accept my apology, instead kept blaming me for having misinterpreted in an insulting way what he had written earlier about a sauna.    So... what can I do?   Make a pilgrimage from Houston to Bangkok on my knees and bow down in front of him and kiss his feet, asking for forgiveness?  :lol:  I still have excellent knees at my 78 years, but it would be hard to find a passage on land between Houston and Bangkok to make the pilgrimage on my knees.   You are right, there are no winners, and all I can care now is not to be a loser.

When did I proclaim to be a follower of the teachings of the Buddha?   I respect his teachings, but I am definitely a follower of the teachings, the philosophy of Jesus Crist, and their teachings don't coincide 100%.   I would follow the Buddha in the blink of an eye if I could convince myself that karma and reincarnation, which I like very much, are a reality.  

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Feverish

Cool down guys.  The main topic here has long flown out of the radar by the same members vying for trophy of reasonings, which is so laughable.  

People change all the time and that include their interest and thinking due to change in circumstances.  I wouldn't pick bone over what he said in the past, to argue his contradiction now, to make me feel better.   The best friend you loved and adored a year ago, could possibly become your worse enemy today, rendering your change mindset and tone towards the "best friend"  and you do not deserved to be based for that changes.  This is a very fluid world and I can't tell exactly what I am thinking even a month or a year later.    So let's stick to the topic for what it is and not steer to much wasy from what is already a very complicated world.

On that note,  I would like to ask Steve what his next plan is, as he moved toward his twilight light year of 80 and beyond.  Specifically,  anything that he wished to achieve or make his dream come true, or plan of stay in a community old folks home after having lived a riped age?

On 1/11/2022 at 9:39 PM, Steve5380 said:

You came to this thread, attracted by my alias, with the intention to badmouth anything I post.

Yet another of your ASSUMPTIONS and - like the others - it is nonsense.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:39 PM, Steve5380 said:

You also confused prevention with reversion.

What? That is utter nonsense as my post of January 2nd makes perfectly clear. @Steve5380  stated and posted a video to support the assertion that ""Dementia can be prevented through lifestyle." I countered with the fact that this is totally untrue. Dementia cannot be prevented. That is FACT! But @Steve5380does not like facts and so he makes up the assertion that "there is plenty of authoritative data n how to reduce the probability of getting dementia. If that is not "preventing", what is it?"

So suddenly fact becomes possibility. Yet even now he is confusing reduction with reversion. The fact is, as I pointed out with dictionary definitions, prevention has nothing to do with reversion. End of discussion. 

Let's recall that @Steve5380is sadly prone to making up a lot of fantasies. In the Opera Queens in Singapore, thread started by a Singaporean who loved live opera and intended it for posters who could give their experiences of live opera, @Steve5380 hijacked the thread by trying to persuade readers that ballet, recitals and other art forms were perfectly suited to a live opera thread. Which of course is yet again nonsense. But then he lives alone with his video screens only watching a few operas on youtube which is not live opera. He even admitted he hasn't been to a live opera for more than 35 years!

Then he equated attending a live opera performances to attending a gay sauna (posted 12/30/2020)!! He even suggested that if he attended a live opera he would be perfectly happy eating a pizza during the performance. This presumably because that is what he does in front of his TV monitors.

As for me, he made a series of ASSUMPTIONS based on no facts. After I claimed I had not been to a gay sauna for more than 15 years," he replied "You who enjoy opera houses AND gay saunas, as you have said repeatedyl" That was a lie. He had not read anything more than one post on my having visited Rairua in the early 2000s But how does he respond? As he usually does - by doubling down, for @Steve5380believes he is never wrong. When I queried his memory, he wrote -

"I remember reading more than once that you attended saunas"

So the lie was repeated. He then continued the allegation with the following idiotic statement, "I simply had the idea [so it was an idea, not a fac]  that you enjoy saunas because I did read several times that you visited them, and it is logical to assume that a gay who visit gay saunas enjoys them” But now when he realised i would not let him get away with this lie, he continued with his false assertion before admitting that he made an ASSUMPTION.

As for this thread, earlier hhe asks this -

On 1/12/2022 at 12:11 AM, Steve5380 said:

If we have personal experience of being fully healthy, functional and happy beyond these ages,  don't we nearly have a responsibility to let it know and give reassurance and advice to the younger folks?  What is bad with this? 

For the very simple reason that there have been so many posts here and elsewhere where @Steve5380 has made so many incorrect assumptions that what he writes needs to be taken with a very large pinch of salt. What apples to a man who has lived in his small house for two years to avoid getting covid19 does not necessarily apply in any way to young Asians based half a world away.

On 1/12/2022 at 2:34 PM, Guest Feverish said:

People change all the time and that include their interest and thinking due to change in circumstances.  I wouldn't pick bone over what he said in the past, to argue his contradiction now, to make me feel better.   The best friend you loved and adored a year ago, could possibly become your worse enemy today, rendering your change mindset and tone towards the "best friend"  and you do not deserved to be based for that changes.  This is a very fluid world and I can't tell exactly what I am thinking even a month or a year later.    So let's stick to the topic for what it is and not steer to much wasy from what is already a very complicated world.

Someone who regularly posted here that his main aim for travelling to Asia and visiting Asian cities for gay sex purposes and visiting gay saunas in Asia consistently since 2012 to most recent 2022 does not indicate any change in interest, thinking or mind...

There is no contradiction.

Steve isn't surely the only guy who has been doing this.

The issue is more that Steve has been painting InBangkok's posts of him as falsities.

Quotes of Steve's own posts from 2012 to 2022 surely do not represent falsities.

That was the only point why I posted them for the record.

Edited by singalion

My main aim was to cool both guys down and get past this continuous brawl, which is not healthy for BW.

I think they should aim to settle it in private... instead of going on and on.

Steve should sincerely apologise for any wrong (and name what InBangkok hurt most to apologise on the write thing and not keeping the controversial point too general) and

InBangkok should accept it.

I just wonder why this is so difficult?

On 1/12/2022 at 1:34 PM, Guest Feverish said:

This is a very fluid world and I can't tell exactly what I am thinking even a month or a year later.  So let's stick to the topic for what it is and not steer to much wasy from what is already a very complicated world.

Very fair point. But I will ask you one question. If you are slandered - sometimes repeatedly - by another member here, how do you react. Turn the other check? What if the slander is repeated? Turn the other cheek again? If i accused you of doing something you had not done, something you found disagreeable in view of your changed personal circumstances, would you let it go unchallenged?

On topic, for those who will be seniors one day, I hope the subject can be expanded to include issues also related to health but particularly associated with sports - issues like hip and knee replacements required in later years for those active in sports like badminton and tennis. Or even the huge effect of American football on the brain and the large number of severe brain degenerative injuries which affect too many players, sometimes leading to suicides. A Report by the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 99% of those who play American Football suffer form some form of brain disease. That's a horrendous statisti.

On 1/12/2022 at 1:52 PM, singalion said:

Someone who regularly posted here that his main aim for travelling to Asia and visiting Asian cities for gay sex purposes consistently since 2012 to most recent 2022 does not indicate any change in interest, thinking or mind...

There is no contradiction.

I totally agree. I assume you are referring to @Steve5380's ceaseless posts on his gay sex tourism. In his wown words he has been visiting Singapore and South East Asia from as early as 2006.

It would help if @Steve5380  accepted that just because he is a habitue of gay saunas despite his age, most others do not share his view. Also if he accepted that there is far more to life than visiting gay saunas, if he acknowledged  that it is simply a matter of good manners and simple courtesy to accept that other posters enjoy, for example, travelling extensively, attending concerts, operas and plays, sightseeing and enjoying different cultures, having coffee or eating out with his and his partner's friends and other activites which he himself does not do since he prefers to stay at home and simply watch things on videos, then I am certain there would be little for others to argue with him about. 

But he should also accept that when he writes something that might be wrong in some way, other posters do have a right to criticise such posts or pose opposing viewpoints without fearing they will be attacked for daring to oppose him. He has to realise that doubling down only results in additional criticism. But then he hates being seen to be wrong!

Edited by InBangkok

Guest Feverish
On 1/12/2022 at 3:09 PM, InBangkok said:

Very fair point. But I will ask you one question. If you are slandered - sometimes repeatedly - by another member here, how do you react.

I would do nothing, instead of adding fuel by explaining your heart out on a lost cause.  I don't believe Steve is a narcissistic guy, nor someone without much intelligence in explaning away his stories and other old age issues befiting his time and circumstance.  Most times, he enjoyed posting "tongue-in-Cheek" comments to draw attention, but let's leave that to the job of moderator.

Having said that, let's also be real here, It is not like my entire life will collapse over what he said,  nor I will lost my job as a result or Singapore journalists will go into frenzy of tracking me down, just because some cheeky cyber souls posted something mundane not in accordance to our vibes.   This is a very kinky BW forum, people cares not able about tiresome "slandering", even moderator had a fair share of it too, but they are more interested in your naked pictures and nothing else (no pun intended).

Instead of being so hard up, over who say what, try to desensitize from being oversenstive about many things. If you can't handle cyber stranger here, you will have problem dealing with the greater world outside this window.

Cheers

On 1/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, InBangkok said:

I totally agree. Although to be fair, I believe the period of his visits to Singapore and South East Asia were from 2006 till 2016.

I did not dig deeper. LOL

His first post at BW was 2012 to be exact:

JOINED August 22, 2012

Steve5380

•  
  • Members
    •  

I am an American Caucasian but I speak a little Mandarin. I also understand that a chinese body doesn't have a distinctive gene that needs Mandarin to communicate. I must say that Mandarin has a smart structure, but it is spoken with very limited resources of speech. Too much redundancy in the meaning of words (sylabes) and too subtile differences between sounds. The need for accents reflects this overuse. The written language is more specific, but having to identify thousands of symbols makes it highly impractical. I have never typed in Mandarin, but I imagine that it must be a nightmare. Computers handle Mandarin perfectly well, but it is the interface between human and machine that is the problem.

Why not take the opportunity of a new millenium and create a new Chinese language that has the convenience of the traditional occidental languages? And, bad feelings aside, why not take English as this new language?

Edited August 22, 2012 by Steve5380

His second post was this:

What I want to say, in a more direct way, is that Taiwan, PRC should take example of Singapore
embracing English as their official language. This has helped its economy surge, and helps its
population when going overseas by being able to easily communicate. And this could extend
to the other Asian languages, some of them equally criptic. There is no need to
abandon Mandarin, but it seems practical to have English as the primary, official language.

=> He might have posted as a Guest prior to that but posts before August 2012 are not available.

Edited by singalion

On 1/12/2022 at 4:10 PM, Guest Feverish said:

I would do nothing, instead of adding fuel by explaining your heart out on a lost cause.  I don't believe Steve is a narcissistic guy, nor someone without much intelligence in explaning away his stories and other old age issues befiting his time and circumstance.  Most times, he enjoyed posting "tongue-in-Cheek" comments to draw attention, but let's leave that to the job of moderator.

In my personal view it would be an easy thing to apologise for having assumed something (from his own mindset) which was wrong and posted the wrong content frequently at BW. 

What is so problematic to set things straight and just apologise.

We don't know the personal situation of InBangkok. Any potential bf of InBangkok on reading BW might have been upset on something that never carried any truth. Posting such things at BW not knowing the truth may even endanger relationships. We should be more cautious to allege things on others, in particular if we are not aware.

You must also look at consequential results from your action.

But foremost, I don't see the problem of apologising sincerely.

How long do you intend to drag this on?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.