Male HQ

Bugis mookata restaurant to have shirtless male servers on Jan. 8 & 15

GachiMuchi

Bugis mookata restaurant to have shirtless male servers on Jan. 8 & 15

In case you're feeling thirsty.

Fasiha Nazren | clock.png January 08, 2022, 01:44 PM

Untitled-design-2022-01-08T133049.939.pn

There are many mookata restaurants in Singapore these days.

Shirtless men serving drinks

One mookata restaurant, in particular, is trying something new to set it apart: shirtless servers.In an Instagram post from Jan. 8, Mr Mookata shared that they will have shirtless men serving drinks at their restaurant.

This isn't an everyday occasion though, as it will only happen on two days on Jan. 8 and 15, from 6:30pm to 9:30pm.

Apparently, this is what the shirtless men will look like:

271545962_395060312370845_14998443036897Photo from Mr Mookata. 271624083_395060309037512_88790996158707Photo from Mr Mookata.

Free flow drinks

According to the post, Mr Mookata will offer free flow Asia Farm drinks to buffet diners and one free Asia Farm drink for ala-carte diners.

It costs S$29.90 per pax to enjoy the buffet at the restaurant, while ala carte items start from S$1.70 per plate.

Only walk-ins are allowed on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Mr Mookata

516 Liang Seah Street Singapore 188740

Opening hours: 12pm to 6am, daily

Top image from Mr Mookata.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:56 PM, StockBottom said:

Will get canceled like Titus Low becos some homophobes or karens complain?

Don't think so. 

But screaming girls will fight with some gays for catching the best tables at the restaurant...

Male waiters serving shirtless doesn't mean they are gay...

Looking at the pics, they still wear aprons. 

On 1/9/2022 at 5:27 AM, Guest Nude said:

With the aprons on, still advertised as “shirtless”, 骗人。

Should just wear bow ties instead

☺️😉.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 1/9/2022 at 8:35 AM, Guest 虚弱瑄 said:

if "bottomless"", I go!

On 1/9/2022 at 8:32 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

Gee will they be sevng cocktails? hahah

And serve warm barley juice from the cocks .

😊🤠

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Try and see
On 1/9/2022 at 8:41 AM, fab said:

Should just wear bow ties instead

☺️😉.

Exactly what I was thinking.

This is what 'shirtless' really means:

c294d09281c643c68164a31821717079.jpg

Guest Try and see
On 1/9/2022 at 12:20 AM, Guest gross said:

ew imagine all those sweat dripping down into ur drinks.

and armpit hair. ew

Actually, I thought of that also.

In the UK, they have shirtless butlers, who serve food and wine, etc.

mybuffbutlers-corporate-drinks-2.jpg

But to replicate that in hot and humid S'pore, in a mookata restaurant, just sounds very unhygienic.

Don't get me wrong. I'm gay AF, and I love hot shirtless guys, but not when they are serving in a mookata restaurant.

Guest Try and see
On 1/8/2022 at 9:56 PM, StockBottom said:

Will get canceled like Titus Low becos some homophobes or karens complain?

Should be okay as they are not fully shirtless.

In fact, Titus can apply to work there part-time while he awaits his court case judgement.

At least he can still earn something.

Actually, they are not really half naked. 严格上,they are wearing apron!

One thing for sure, Singaporeans CANNOT accept it! 

Hah...Pink Dot failed!

This tells us that, gayism is still not accepted in this society.

Guest 下贱冰冰
On 1/9/2022 at 6:41 PM, Guest Guest said:

spacer.png

This type must public caning so NO man shall expose themselves public in future.  This is to protect the innocent kids!  We need to be more conservative.

I think there is some general confusion in this thread.

The restaurant never marketed this event as something gay, same as the waiters might not be gay.

Further I don't understand this excitement here on this marketing gig.

At any gym or swimming pool you see more and surely real topless guys...

On 1/10/2022 at 11:22 AM, Nightingale said:

Translation:

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20220109-1231116

Yesterday (8 Jan), the barbecue restaurant posted a photo of 4 sturdy men on social media Instagram, saying that they cooperated with beverage supplier Asia Farm (Asia Farm), from 6:30 to 9:30 yesterday evening and 15th evening respectively to dispatch the sturdy men to help out and add drinks to the diners.  Unexpectedly, less than 2 hours after the event last night, the public reported to the police that a waiter was naked in the barbecue restaurant, which led to the police investigation.  Though the police did not take action later, it also shocked the store owner.  The barbecue restaurant, run by young couples Xiao Xilun (24) and Wang Yaying (25), opened last May, and they revealed that the macho was hired by Asia Park, mainly to promote healthy drinks.  They said they had anticipated that the event might attract too many people or cause other problems, so they also paid more attention to the implementation of safety management measures but never expected that someone would call the police.  Since the macho only wears aprons on the upper body, it is believed that the public alarmed the police by mistakenly thinking that they were naked in public places.

Xiao Xilun said that business was always booming on Sat.  Last night, he noticed that there were still many people taking pictures outside the store.  The activities on the 15th will continue as usual.  In an interview, Asia Park manager Wang Luxian (48) pointed out that the starting point of this activity is health. He believes that the image of a strong man gives people a healthy feeling, so he hopes to promote healthy and low-sugar drinks.  A reporter from Xinming Daily visited the scene at 7 o'clock last night and found a police car outside the barbecue restaurant.

To sum it up: This is so Singaporean lah!

Guest Try and see

Read from the TNP that the police left the premises without taking any action. (Maybe some of the policemen were also secretly turned on by the shirtless hunks!)

Anyway, the restaurant will be having the shirtless guys again this sat (15 Jan).

Too bad for the person who reported 😛

On 1/11/2022 at 3:24 PM, Guest Try and see said:

Read from the TNP that the police left the premises without taking any action. (Maybe some of the policemen were also secretly turned on by the shirtless hunks!)

Anyway, the restaurant will be having the shirtless guys again this sat (15 Jan).

Too bad for the person who reported 😛

There should be consequences for making groundless police reports.

Whatever the outcome, the restaurant had achieved good publicity from the media at zero marketing cost except paying those topless guys.  Thanks to the one who reported, many people get to know about this restaurant and may be curious to pop by, quite a smart marketing strategy. 

This topless guy marketing seems to be working well from the cleaning company and probably would see more following the trend, topless icecream man, topless delivery man, topless popiah man......

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 1/11/2022 at 5:32 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Whatever the outcome, the restaurant had achieved good publicity from the media at zero marketing cost except paying those topless guys.  Thanks to the one who reported, many people get to know about this restaurant and may be curious to pop by, quite a smart marketing strategy. 

This topless guy marketing seems to be working well from the cleaning company and probably would see more following the trend, topless icecream man, topless delivery man, topless popiah man......

Topless cleaners and durian sellers already started and quite common liao ahahaha 

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.