Male HQ

George Yeo's golden words

Guest A fan

Taken from here:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/spore-should-prepare-for-up-to-30-years-of-us-china-rivalry-george-yeo

"The more comfortable we are with our own identity, the more open we'll be," he said. "If I know who I am, I can accept you for who you are…"

"Our diversity is not based upon everybody curbing themselves to become Singaporean, but everybody being bigger in accepting others who are not like themselves."

Touche! I think the homophobes should listen up this time and ponder more deeply about their own actions and behaviours. They should finally just wake up to face themselves and their own insecurities. If they constantly need to chew on others to feel good about themselves, time to chew on this now!

Guest Just Talk

"Words" in Singapore political world, have took on a rather meaningless stand over the years.  Famous important people like Tommy Koh, Walter Woon, Tharman did say the same thing that George Yeo uttered.  Don't take those words seriously unless you just wanted to feel sensatonally good about it.   Personally, I see it as rather inactive opinions with no expectation any form of active legislation or actions to truly walking the talk.   

I did notice George Yeo mentioning in the same report that Singapore should assimilate its identity and affiliation with the ASEAN region.

That is the real kicker!

You know the dominant religion in this region.

Maybe he is suggesting Singaporeans to all become Muslims.

Guest Who is George Yeo?

Sigh it seems again George Yeo is spinning hot air, wasting our time and wasting media space again.

他只是来刷存在感怕太久我们把他给忘了呗!

On 1/13/2022 at 11:13 AM, Guest Gallowing said:

Nothing Golden about it.  I think it is already quite rusty since time memorial with S377A dangling like a tough gallow over every gay head

Exactly. The OP is delusional to call Yeo's rhetoric "golden. Ha.

I am so glad we live in a Singapore that no longer has George Yeo in the political arena. 

Guest It happens
On 1/13/2022 at 3:56 PM, superflawless said:

Exactly. The OP is delusional to call Yeo's rhetoric "golden. Ha.

I am so glad we live in a Singapore that no longer has George Yeo in the political arena. 

He will be persuaded to become the next president.  As in all politics scheme of thing, making feel-good talk is part of brain wash game.

On 1/13/2022 at 3:56 PM, superflawless said:

I would expect a complete disappearance in voice and sight.  It is not happening.

GY said: "With US-China tensions predicted to be long-term, Singapore must become capital city of Asean".

A good thought, and worth exploring.

But my sense is, Singaporeans do not have a big enough heart and intellect to fill the shoes of the people of "that capital".

For the populace is too inward looking (read: self-serving, oblivious to regional/international issues) and not cosmopolitan enough.

Guest Ponder Time
On 1/13/2022 at 9:36 PM, Guest Tomato said:

But my sense is, Singaporeans do not have a big enough heart and intellect to fill the shoes of the people of "that capital".

For the populace is too inward looking (read: self-serving, oblivious to regional/international issues) and not cosmopolitan enough.

What would you expect from an authoritarian state where every single department is fully controlled, talent is poorly defined, narrative is one-sided and a bunch of cronies running havoc for a piece of crumb thrown at them because of highest cost of living, boxed in innovation, reactive and paranoid leadership and icing on the cake - one of the highest educated workers ended up doing menial work for survival.  Can a frog in boiling pan boast to those in the cage?

On 1/13/2022 at 10:05 PM, Guest Ponder Time said:

What would you expect from an authoritarian state where every single department is fully controlled, talent is poorly defined, narrative is one-sided and a bunch of cronies running havoc for a piece of crumb thrown at them because of highest cost of living, boxed in innovation, reactive and paranoid leadership and icing on the cake - one of the highest educated workers ended up doing menial work for survival.  Can a frog in boiling pan boast to those in the cage?

True - but then again, if there is sufficient awareness for the above, the election results would have stated the contrary.

It seems that people do enjoy being inward looking and not cosmo, and they feed the system and allow it to continue being so.

Guest Be patient
On 1/13/2022 at 11:19 PM, Guest Tomato said:

True - but then again, if there is sufficient awareness for the above, the election results would have stated the contrary.

It seems that people do enjoy being inward looking and not cosmo, and they feed the system and allow it to continue being so.

Over several decades (prior to thriving social media),  they have built sufficient number of apologetic clones to last for few more years.

Guest Natural selection
On 1/14/2022 at 8:27 PM, Guest Be patient said:

Over several decades (prior to thriving social media),  they have built sufficient number of apologetic clones to last for few more years.

How many more years before these clones die off in sufficient quantity for the tide to change in the ballot box I wonder. Maybe covid is a blessing in disguise, meant to accelerate change in Singapore - elderlies die the most easily from complications.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.